Official 2024 Boxing Thread:Davis vs Martin 6/15 Amazon Prime Video

GN5hfgzXIAAU3it.jpg
2X undisputed champion in two divisions. GOAT’d

And fought the Russian Army!! He was down and came back against a taller, heavier and longer reach opponent. Legend.

Respect to Fury.

Usyk hit him with the Draco in the ninth. Tyson got saved by the bell. I give him credit for clearing the cob webs. It’s wild. He was landing them body shots and stopped. Too much taunting but coasting in those round up till the 9th. Then that Ukrainian resilience and determination came on.

Definitely a great, competitive fight for the undisputed title and someone’s 0. Usyk is a beast.

Glad for the Ukranian people with everything they are going through.

I'm wondering why Fury was so conservative? It looked like he was trying to counter punch most of the fight, was it Usyk's speed? When he came forward and got off first he really dominated the fight. His corner even said to stop backing up, it was making him get caught. Just seems like a strange strategy.

Glad for the Ukranian people with everything they are going through.

I'm wondering why Fury was so conservative? It looked like he was trying to counter punch most of the fight, was it Usyk's speed? When he came forward and got off first he really dominated the fight. His corner even said to stop backing up, it was making him get caught. Just seems like a strange strategy.
I can’t take Fury seriously in the conversation of all time great heavyweights.

He’s so much bigger than almost every opponent he’s faced.

If he Usyk were the same size, Usyk owns him imo.

It’s part of his game. Kind of like Jon Jones or Israel Adesanya being 6’4 and using that range to their advantage in MMA (until they can’t like Adesanya versus Jan or Jon versus Gustafson).

Usyk is a monster. Legit P4P great. Incredible talent. Wild if we rewind back to 2018…and there were three guys positioned as the future of the sport for heavyweights. Joshua, Wilder and Fury. Usyk moved up and unified the titles (for two weeks lol).

So Usyk showed up to talk to the media…was his jaw broken per Tyson Fury?

It’s part of his game. Kind of like Jon Jones or Israel Adesanya being 6’4 and using that range to their advantage in MMA (until they can’t like Adesanya versus Jan or Jon versus Gustafson).

Usyk is a monster. Legit P4P great. Incredible talent. Wild if we rewind back to 2018…and there were three guys positioned as the future of the sport for heavyweights. Joshua, Wilder and Fury. Usyk moved up and unified the titles (for two weeks lol).

So Usyk showed up to talk to the media…was his jaw broken per Tyson Fury?
Heavyweight are an anomaly.

It’s the only division where all bets are off when it comes to weight disparities.

Tyson Fury probably outweighed Deontay Wilder by 40-50 pounds when they fought.

It doesn't really work that way. Having more size can be an advantage in strength and durability for sure, but it also might slow a fighter down in other aspects: hand speed, footwork, reaction time. Being bigger also means your body needs more oxygen, so stamina would be affected. A 262lb Usyk would look very different than his 224lb version.

It doesn't really work that way. Having more size can be an advantage in strength and durability for sure, but it also might slow a fighter down in other aspects: hand speed, footwork, reaction time. Being bigger also means your body needs more oxygen, so stamina would be affected. A 262lb Usyk would look very different than his 224lb version.
Valid points.

But how dominant would Tyson Fury be if he was consistently fighting guys his own size?

…not nearly as would be my guess.

Valid points.

But how dominant would Tyson Fury be if he was consistently fighting guys his own size?

…not nearly as would be my guess.

Chisora: 261 lbs
Klitschko: 246 lbs (Fury 247 lbs)
Whyte: 253 lbs

Until the Wilder fight he hadn't ballooned up so high. He used to come in at 245-255 range.

Back
Top Bottom