The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

If Islam beats Arman and then turns around to become the 170 champ he'll go to 28 wins, 1 short of Khabib

I get that Khabib was undefeated and rarely got damaged. Total GOAT ****, undeniable

A big if but- I would 100% say Islam would have had the better resume and career if Islam took out Arman/170 champ. Without a single doubt. Again, big, huge if but imo completely plausible

So people can argue what's more impressive, the fashion in which Khabib stayed undefeated vs Islam's 1 loss and the fact that he took damage- but objectively I would stand on Islam having the better resume

To me I am more impressed by the resume. Or if you wanted to put a hypothetical matchup of Khabib vs Islam you can do that

It's all subjective. Almost like the GSP pr JJ debate.

Islam did his thing and DP impressed me with his TDD.

I have been saying that Islam wont beat Leon and I still think that as of last night
DC/Islam had a conversation about when Islam first started at AKA and first sparring session with Leon. Leon went there after Usman showed the Blueprint to beat him. Based on his last Colby and Usman’s fights, his TDD defense have gotten better. Islam is a different beast. IF he beats Belal…wouldn’t be a bad fight to make since Belal trains with that camp. I, personally, think Shavkat should get the next fight. But if he’s not ready…maybe do Islam/Leon in Jan-Feb.
I want to see Leon v Islam

If Conor wins, a Conor Islam fight doesnt make sense, but would be fun I guess
It makes sense from the history plus potential money perspective. Definitely not from a meritocracy perspective.

I think it’s tough. There are so many options at 155. Ilia moving up. Max coming off the BMF. Gamrot and Arman being the legitimate next contenders. Conor being a money match.

I think after October after some smoke clears, maybe Leon does take the champ/champ challenge against the possible almost longest win streak (15 if Islam wins his next fight), most LW defense holder (4 if he wins his next fight), P4P #1 (or #2 if Dana gets his way lol), etc.

Just to ish on the Dana Jon Jones P4P prop.

Islam is currently the P4P #1 based on the UFC and media.

He dethroned the P4P#1 and KO’d him in just last fight.

Islam currently has the longest win streak in the UFC right now at 14 (surpassing his brother). He’s two wins away from tying Silva’s 16-win streak.

He’s tied for #1 on light weight title defenses. And can claim #1 if he defends it one more.

Islam fights in the deepest division in the UFC.

I’m not taking anything away from Jon’s first title run (before he was suspended). He fought a veritable whose who.

But, at this moment, Islam is something special and definitely deserves #1 P4P.

Conor is washed.

Islam is in his prime.

Strictly a buzz/money fight. Islam would dominate him.
Well, clearly yes

If Conor beats Chandler though he is going to get a title fight at 155 or 170

I don't think anyone is debating whether Conor deserves anything

UFC doesn't operate on who deserves. So you can't say "it doesn't make sense". It makes perfect sense in their world

No stream on that Ariel show?? Hope they post the vid soon after but I'll take an audio only version if not.

Anik's eyes rolling back and forth in that vid while not moving his head is wild.
Sadly no livestream; however, you can stream it on Spotify and Apple Music under Ariel’s personal channel.
I wonder who the surprise guest for Ariel could be
DCMMA

Listening now.

P4P is usually a pointless debate

But I don't have an issue with putting Jones at #1. Like Dana said- you put him in a room with another person and Jon is the one coming out of the room. I don't mind that logic

I don't have an issue with Islam being #1, he is clearly the only other one to be considered for all the things spiderjericho spiderjericho mentioned

It can be a tie

Idk how many of yall have a VPN but for those who do you can get ufc fightpass for 38.99 for the entire year and get every single ufc event including PPVs. Just look for Georgia.

IMG_7475.png

JCMojica24 JCMojica24 do you have to VPN everytime you watch it?

Edit: signed up lol. Let’s go!!

And this Ariel from Friday wuz good. Arman, Aljo/LI, Kayla, Paotan, and DC. So many nuggets like Arman talking about taking the Islam fight on short notice, LI being on the bus when Conor attacked it, Aljo shaving his beard, Chama’s galore, Kayla responding to the PFL diss, etc.

Last edited:
P4P is usually a pointless debate

But I don't have an issue with putting Jones at #1. Like Dana said- you put him in a room with another person and Jon is the one coming out of the room. I don't mind that logic

I don't have an issue with Islam being #1, he is clearly the only other one to be considered for all the things spiderjericho spiderjericho mentioned

It can be a tie
I still think JJ would’ve been knocked out by Francis.

…but obviously we’ll never know.

I could see Jon Ganeing Francis. Most of HWs don’t have complete games. Some of them are awful strikers. Gane is a nice striker. Long and will pick ya apart.

But those boys raised in the Ferdinand system are just strikers. Francis is sloppy (but huge power) but very athletic.

Thanks to Georgian Fightpass I watched DDP/Strickland. Strickland has such a polarizing style. DDP disrupted it by throwing a decent head kick, low kick, looping over hands and trying take downs while not letting Sean back him down. Just seems like three guys didn’t get spell bounded by Sean.

I still think JJ would’ve been knocked out by Francis.

…but obviously we’ll never know.
I’ve gone back and forth so many times ngl lol

My opinion changes every time one of them fights

Jon is so Damb smart and defensive

I don’t think he would have left any openings any chances. I don’t think Francis could have forced his game on him either but yes we’ll never know

I’ve gone back and forth so many times ngl lol

My opinion changes every time one of them fights

Jon is so Damb smart and defensive

I don’t think he would have left any openings any chances. I don’t think Francis could have forced his game on him either but yes we’ll never know
All reasonable points.

But all Francis would’ve needed is one little shot.

And his fight against Stipe convinced me that his wrestling is at least decent now.

Stipe isn’t the wrestler Jon is. Jon’s GnP is also legendary.

And like Vince said…Jon isn’t going to go into a fight with Francis and not game plan. He’s probably one of the smartest minds in MMA.

I do think complacent or party Jon are his own worst enemies which we saw in the first Gustafson, Santos and Reyes fights.

From my research, NordVPN seems to be the best option. Probably make the switch in July when my Surfshark runs out.

^^^I used Nord. It took me to Tbilisi and I searched for UFC fight pass. It was $39 for a year. I used PayPal with my US address lol.

I’m just curious if ya gotta have the VPN active to use the app all the time?

Back
Top Bottom