The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

Murray gonna be tough. Think he's too big for Schroder (Murray comfortable working in the mid-post), too quick for D'Lo. I'm guessing they start Vando on him a la Ja/Curry. Hope Reaves can put a hand up on MPJ's jumpers and D'Lo will be assigned to KCP.

Mike Malone has something in his back pocket that could swing the series…

IMG_1064.jpeg

I think Rui should get more time in the Nuggets series.

Gonna need more diesel ****** to deal with the front court size ⏸️

Pretty crazy that these dudes are publicly making comments like this IMO :lol:. They won the title last year and Steph is arguably at the peak of his powers

Besides poor play from Klaynk/Poole, they missed Otto Porter Jr. to give them size and shooting. West been open the last three seasons and they got one last season with great play and luck.

Pretty crazy that these dudes are publicly making comments like this IMO :lol:. They won the title last year and Steph is arguably at the peak of his powers

Short sighted. Kerr keeping it a bean. Championship teams are more than one player. It's overall roster. including bench. Defense. Mentality. Chemistry. Had guys complaining about minutes and pouting on the bench. Others you didn't know who they were really loyal to. And players literally fighting.

We were hoping to overcome the weaknesses that were glaring this year that weren't there last season. But those red flags turned into Disneyland.

I understand nba and its fans are mostly very low IQ so this isn’t surprising. But the narrative aspect of the nba and its media plus fans has ruined it for many.

Lakers 2-10. “Oh lakers stink”
Lakers close to 0.500. “Eh. This is lakers ceiling”
All year talk of how stupid team and management is
Lakers make trade “eh. D’lo sucks. Ceiling reached. Let’s talk analytics”
Lakers look good “eh. Look at their opponents”
Lakers get 7th seed “eh good little story. They got lucky. Should be happy to even make it.”
Lakers make playoffs “Memphis in 5.”
Lakers make 2nd round: “Memphis was hurt. Champs in 6. Lakers should be grateful to be here”
Lakers make wcf: “Jokic isn’t the weak competition that was the grizzlies and dubs.”

When lakers lose to a superior more cohesive team lead by 2 time mvp Jokic and their season is truly a success given where they were (most laker fans feel this way) [my prediction btw- hope I’m wrong of course]

Narrative will change to: lakers choked. Lebron is old. Ad is soft. Team was stacked and couldn’t win. Omg what a failure. They thought they were tough but clearly team underachieved. Gave away a 2027 first for this? Lol. I said from day 1. Title or bust! Pelicans won the trade.

Nba fan/media playbook. Not just for the lakers. For all teams. I refuse to partake in it or at least fight it even though it’s tempting sometimes lol.

Warriors had so many dead roster spots on that bench

Silver Dollar or Iggy will be remembered fondly by 6ers fans and Dubs fans but he will forever be known as a 🐀 and 🐍 to Nuggets fans. Giving Mark Jackson information about the Nuggets and how they were guarding Steph during the series against the Nuggets was one of the most low rent things that doesn’t get talked about with respect to that guy. Makes me sick.

This version of the Lakers is reminding me of the 2020 team. Defense is basically always there, LeBron and AD producing consistently and getting enough offense from different guys from game to game to outscore other teams.

But I also think this version of the Nuggests is better than their bubble squad. Deeper and more versatile.

Should be a great series.

Back
Top Bottom