The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GTA6 is looking like the lord and savior for consoles.

A PS5 GTA6 bundle will do numbers as it's the only one in this list that will current gen only. It might even help some of the PS5 exclusives like Spider-Man 2 once the PS4 users move over.
Cross-gen overstaying its welcome but I can't even blame users with the cost of everything these days.

As a PS guy, Sony “winning” and pushing Msft out of the hardware market is not good.

Competition is always best for the consumer, leads to innovation or the very least more effort. Now Sony can rest on the throne and with no one to challenge it on the hardware front, throw breadcrumbs to us gamers. It’ll be the PS3 debacle but on a grander scale.

People say this while the Switch is casually marching to be the best selling gaming device of all time.

PC which also used to be the red-headed step child for the most part has gained a lot of mind and market share against consoles. Sony recognised this way back in the PS3 days when PS360 games were getting cooked in the Digital Foundry comparisons to PC games at the end of that generation.
That's why PS4 Pro exists because they saw people leaving for PC to get a better experience. Japanese games which were a strictly console affair have flipped to the point that Capcom said they want PC as their main platform.

You also have the Steam Deck so you can take your steam library on the go and mobile gaming is big as ever.

Anytime people spend on competing platforms is time not spent on a PlayStation so I don't think Sony can rest since everyone is competing for your time.

Last edited:
As a PS guy, Sony “winning” and pushing Msft out of the hardware market is not good.

Competition is always best for the consumer, leads to innovation or the very least more effort. Now Sony can rest on the throne and with no one to challenge it on the hardware front, throw breadcrumbs to us gamers. It’ll be the PS3 debacle but on a grander scale.

My post was just for fun. The current situation in the video game industry is abhorrent and no company is without significant criticism. Sony being one of the worst culprits.

We have to laugh to keep from crying in here. :lol:

New GTA games are one of the few games that does push and sell consoles. A ton of casuals just by a console and the new GTA game when it releases and probably won't touch much else.

This isn't new and has been happening since the PS2 GTA trilogy era. Heck a bunch of NT'ers on this and the GTA thread said they have not bought or played a console since GTA V came out back on PS3 & XBOX 360 era or even when it came out for PS4.

I do think the PS5 Pro will launch this holiday season and there will be a bundle deal with GTA VI whenever it does release in 2025 or 2026

beat stellar blade.

10/10

can’t believe some reviewers said the story wasn’t good. the story was awesome and I love the small rpg elements they put in, esp at the end.

this game is a must play. Imma need that soundtrack to be on spotify ASAP too.

beat stellar blade.

10/10

can’t believe some reviewers said the story wasn’t good. the story was awesome and I love the small rpg elements they put in, esp at the end.

this game is a must play. Imma need that soundtrack to be on spotify ASAP too.

Glad my friend at Sony still is hooking it up for me on 1st party studio games. Got this, MLB The Show 24, Helldivers 2 ,and Rise Of The Ronin all for $25 each :pimp:

Speaking of RE…

IMG_7181.jpeg
IMG_7186.jpeg

What’s everyone playing?

I’ve got Elden Ring and Ni No Kuni Remastered in the rotation. Being here in Korea has really helped with the backlog. I believe the only game I’ve bought since February is FF VII Rebirth.

Once I’m finished with these two, I’m hoping to finally beat Lightning Returns FF XIII. I brought my PS3 with me and have given hope on a XIII Trilogy Collection.

What’s everyone playing?

I’ve got Elden Ring and Ni No Kuni Remastered in the rotation. Being here in Korea has really helped with the backlog. I believe the only game I’ve bought since February is FF VII Rebirth.

Once I’m finished with these two, I’m hoping to finally beat Lightning Returns FF XIII. I brought my PS3 with me and have given hope on a XIII Trilogy Collection.

My man has been on a tear with the backlog.

I am running Hades II, Fallen Order, and Person 5 Royal.

Bad Religion Bad Religion if you haven’t considered it, the PlayStation Portal is perfect for the backlog (single player).

I went back to Diablo 4 now that the new season started and am having a lot of fun with it. All the changes they did were what the game desperately needed. Aside from that, Still got Destiny 2 and Helldivers 2 in rotation, and I'm still playing Balatro because its a fantastic rogue-like. I'm also thinking about doing another Bloodborne run just because, and I gotta go do some prep in Elden Ring for the expansion next month.

I've touched a whole bunch of games lately. Haven't been on the Helldivers grind the past week or so, so I'm looking for something. Kinda just in a holding pattern until Erdtree and CFB drop.

Animal Well, Dark Souls 2, The Last Guardian, Balatro, Townscaper, 2k, Steamworld Dig 2, Resident Evil 3, Minishoot' Adventures, Disco Elysium, and Rocket League.

What’s everyone playing?

Been dabbling in a bunch of games.

Been continuing my TLOU2 playthrough after getting the plat with infinite crafting and infinite ammo mods on.

Having a blast streamrolling through encounters that gave me scress when EYE played them the first time. :lol: :pimp:

Gonna give No Return a chance and try to unlock some outfits for Ellie and Abby to have them ready when EYE do a Permadeath and/or Grounded playthrough.

Also want to finish up and plat Tekken 7 but those online trophies are a big deterrent for me. :lol:

Will continue to dip into my backlog until CFB 25 drops in a couple months.

Back
Top Bottom