Learn how to:
- Create A New Article
- Edit An Existing Article
- Revert An Article To A Previous Version
- Report An Article
- Navigate to the Article home.
- On the main article page, you will see several tabs- locate the section you would like to contribute to.
- Within that article section, you will see a button to create a new article. If you do not see this button, you do not have the ability to create articles in this section.
- Click the "Create Article" button.
- A popover will open for you to title your article. Enter a title using letters, numbers, and spaces. Your title should be descriptive but concise.
- When you are satisfied with your article name, click save.
- An article with your title will be available for you to edit. In your article, you may see a template pre-loaded for your convenience. Keep in mind, until you click save on this page, your article will not be created. In the body of the article, feel free to add images or add YouTube videos. You can edit your post similarly to a Word document, with bold, underlined, or italicized text, embedded links, bullet points, and tables.
- When you are finished, scroll to the bottom of the article.
- Here you will see a drop down to set the editing permissions on your article. You can set the article so it is editable by all members, by a select group of members you can identify by username, or by just you. If you do not see this preference, it has been set for this article category by default.
- Click "Save" when you are ready. Your article will not be created until you click "Save."
The goal of the collaboratively editable articles is to pull together the knowledge of the community. Feel free to contribute your knowledge to an existing article.
- Navigate to the article you would like to edit.
- At the top of the article, you will see a few buttons. The first button from the left is the "Edit" button. Click this to open the article editor.
- Edit the body of the article.
- At the bottom of the article, there is a field called "Edit Summary". Feel free to enter a brief description of your changes to let others know of your specific contribution.
- Click "Save" when you are finished editing. Until you click "Save," your changes will not be made.
Occasionally another user may edit an article in a way you disagree with. At any time, you can revert the article back to a previous version.
- Navigate to the article you would like to revert.
- Click the "History" button to view the list of article edits.
- Find the version of the article you want to roll back to. Click the "Revert" button above the version you prefer.
- The previous version of the article will appear in the article editor.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the article and click "Save" to revert back. Your changes will not be saved until you click "Save."
Occasionally, you may find an article that violates the community guidelines. Feel free to report an article to site administrators at any time.
- Navigate to the article you would like to report.
- Click the "Flag" button to send a notification for site administrators to review the content.