Section 1 - General Conduct
1. Derogatory comments regarding race, ethnic background, language, gender, sexual orientation or religion are strictly prohibited. The use of slurs and/or hate speech will result in immediate and permanent banishment from the community without warning.
2. Swearing is unacceptable. Partially edited slurs or profanity such as "f__k" and "sh**" is also unacceptable. Attempting to circumvent this rule using abbreviations, acronyms, or other obvious representations of prohibited language will not be tolerated and will result in administrative action. Other restrictions may be made according to context. If you are unsure if a word is appropriate, DO NOT USE IT.
3. No name calling, attacks or flames wars. ANYTHING specifically directed at another member in a disrespectful way will NOT be tolerated. Flames are unacceptable in any form and will result in immediate banishment. Any post calling out a specific member or group of members will be locked without discussion. This includes "Newbie" bashing.
4. "Trolling", or making posts with the sole intention of creating problems on the board is against NT guidelines. This includes registering an alternate ID for the purpose of creating problems on the board. "Troll ID's" will be locked immediately and permanently, and can be locked without notification to the rule breaker. If an existing member creates a separate troll ID and is caught, the troll ID AND the member's primary ID will be banned. Note: "hijacking" of threads (posting with intent to derail a thread) and "copycat" threads (i.e. parodies mocking others' threads) will be considered trolling.
5. Spam, or exploiting the site to promote your products/services, will be deleted on site and we will immediately terminate any accounts involved. Items for sale may ONLY be posted in the designated buy/sell area. Users should not attempt to arrange transactions outside of the private message or buy/sell sections of the site. If you have a business you'd like to promote on NikeTalk, you may inquire about advertising here: http://niketalk.com/advertise
Section 2 - Fraud
1. We at NikeTalk do not tolerate FRAUD, in any way, shape or form.
2. If you are caught intentionally misrepresenting yourself or any items you may have for sale/trade with the sole purpose of defrauding a fellow member then you will be permanently banned from the board.
3. Similarly, any attempt to intentionally deceive other NikeTalk members (i.e. Hoaxes) will not be tolerated. This includes intentional posting of false or misleading information, creating multiple user IDs in an attempt to fraudulently provide positive feedback for yourself or otherwise attempt to deceive users, generating hype without intending to follow through, or similar stunts. (E-mail me for AJ 2020 pics, etc.)
4. Assisting someone commit fraud is also grounds for banishment.
5. Fakes / "factory variants" are also considered fraudulent. Discussion of fakes and variants will be frowned upon and may lead to the locking or deletion of a post.
Section 3 - Images and Signatures
1. Signatures must abide by the following restrictions:
i. Font may be no larger than size "2"
ii. A signature may consist of no more than 5 lines. This includes blank lines.
2. Image files may NOT be placed in the signature of any posts regardless of size. The use of scroll boxes, marquees, or other devices as a means of circumventing our signature restrictions will not be tolerated. Failure to comply will result in the removal of your signature privilege. Repeat failures in compliance may result in banishment.
3. Images, including those used for personal icons, must be appropriate for all ages. Images that show illegal drug use, graphic depictions of violence or are sexually provocative are not acceptable. These include "booty" pictures, illegal drug images, and anything containing graphic" violence. These restrictions apply to videos and links to outside sites as well. Do not link to ANY video or site containing slurs, profanity, or other inappropriate content.
4. Images, icons and links to images located on porn sites or sites condoning illegal activities are not acceptable. Why? The image and its Web address is saved in your local cache and you don't know where the image is from. So if a network administrator finds such an image, its Web address and the IP of the PC its being located on, it's as bad as if the user has visited the Web site of the site directly.
5. Personal Icons can only consist of the following formats: Gif, Bmp, Jpeg, Png. Appropriate personal photos are allowed, however there is a size limit to how large that picture can be. Pictures that are larger than 150,000 Bytes in size are not allowed. A member with an unusually large picture can slow down the board for other members with slower connections. If your personal photo is in violation of this rule, your avatar privilege will be revoked. If you have been notified that your personal photo is improper, you must replace it in a timely manner. Continued or prolonged failure to conform to personal photo guidelines will result in banishment.
Section 4 - ETC
1. Links to porn sites or Web sites dealing with illegal activities (fraud, drug use, etc.) will not be tolerated. Similarly, threads/replies encouraging and aiding in illegal/unethical action such as bootlegging of CDs, DVDs, games, drug use, etc. are prohibited and will be locked or deleted without discussion. Users may NOT post OR request copyrighted content - including premium online articles, etc. This includes links to illegal content streams, such as PPV events. Offering OR requesting such content via PM/email will result in banishment.
2. "Free posts", or posting solely for the purpose of boosting your post count is not allowed. Many people judge member's credibility based on post count, so we ask that you obtain your post count legitimately. Furthermore, free posts waste server space and ISP bandwidth unnecessarily. Topics in violation of this rule will be locked or deleted without discussion. Repeated or consistent violation of this rule will result in banishment.
3. Usage of embedded audio files of video files set to 'autoplay' will not be allowed on NT. We are very serious about this rule and those in violation will be banned without warning.
4. Administrators reserve the right to exercise discretion in removing any member whose conduct is deemed disrespectful or destructive to the community. Don't risk your membership over something foolish. If you are respectful to your fellow members at all times and handle conflict appropriately, your membership will never be in jeopardy.
We feel that our policy is extremely reasonable. You may think we're being too restrictive, but bear in mind that this board is used by a wide range of ages, races, religions, and nationalities. We have children on this board, and we have parents on this board. What you may consider appropriate may offend someone else. We ALL have a place within the NikeTalk community, and these rules are designed to keep it that way.
We expect and appreciate your full cooperation.
If you have any questions or concerns about the rules, here's how you can handle it:
The administrators and moderators are volunteers who run the board in their free time. We are sneaker fans, just like you, and are not paid to take your abuse. If you have a problem with the board that you would like to convey to an administrator or moderator, please be civil and polite as we try our best with what limited time we have. Bring up your concerns in a mature and respectful manner. If you are contacting us because you violated forum guidelines, be adult enough to admit your mistake. If your IP has been locked for some reason, talking politely to us about it in private, via e-mail can get you reinstated in many cases. We believe you'll find it infinitely easier to work with us rather than against us.