Posts by SkurrtSkurrt29

I'm speaking on pointless comparisons. While debating Drake v Kendrick (for example) is entertaining, these two don't even make the same kind of music or pander to the same fanbase. We just compare the two based on the fact that they both happen to rap. That's where the comparisons stop, to some.Somebody a page or two ago said that we need to start judging these guys based on abilities alone and that's a great point. We compare, compare, compare, until we start to deem...
This is really it. We've been trained to always put something or somebody into a category instead of letting each artist stand on their own. The obsession with constantly comparing rappers to one another is really moot to me.
Crazy, but **** dude. I'll never forget his demeanor throughout that whole first trial, it was like a game to him. He played piru gangster when he had the whole world at his fingertips. **** his shorty too. All my sympathy goes to his child.
I don't necessarily discredit anybody because I don't care to read it. But it's not hard to read something and infer that maybe this person doesn't know **** about what they're talking about
I'm honestly blown away at the sudden need for objectivity. It's hilarious.
Bro, if you enjoyed something why even pay attention to the negative **** people have to say about it? Is it going to change your opinion? I'm not gonna sit here and take it into consideration "just cause."Y'all come in here trying to paint this picture of us not liking something strictly because it wasn't favorable to Kendrick. That's not true, dude's reasoning was dumb as hell.
You would assume incorrectly. I don't listen to what others have to say, I'd rather go buy/try whatever it is and figure it out for myself. I have my own mind. I brought up Drake because y'all been coming in here nitpicking when the numbers got posted and now this, if Ns don't agree they don't agree. That reeks of the so-called insecurities you brought up earlier in the thread, you don't have to say it's Drake related when we already know. Dude compared this album to...
Do you take every negative review about a Drake album seriously...?
The man compared Kendrick in his prime to Jay-Z era Kingdom Come. That in no way deserves to be taken seriously. Not to mention y'all do the exact. same. ****.
TPAB just wasn't for everybody (literally). I felt that **** off the strength of just being black and growing up on those throwback sounds and subject matter (really any black person should, but I digress). If you went into it expecting another GKMC then I can see how it's not for you. It's like the second season of The Wire Hate it or love it, it's necessary and it's real and not everybody is going to understand the importance behind it.