Posts by Methodical Management

I received a similar report a couple of days ago.  We are aware of the issue and I've passed it along to Huddler for their attention.  
 http://niketalk.com/t/310346/all-144-niketalk-new-era-fitted-caps-have-been-sold-thank-you-for-your-support#post_9520777   Been there, done that. What you're describing is what we've already been working on.  100% of the proceeds means 100% net, not 100% gross.  We're not asking anybody to take a loss, but we are forgoing all profit on this to raise money for charity.   He doesn't even want it to be the "exact same" anyway:   He wants it to be an "exact replica" with...
This thread will be significantly quieter now that everyone who requested or offered to help pirate tonight's fight has been removed.      How many times do we have to go through this?  We don't want people abusing NikeTalk to facilitate criminal activity.  
Here on NikeTalk, we respect the law. Any site that sells illegal merchandise can NOT be considered "legitimate." Further, it's against the rules to promote any illegal products, or any website that sells them. "Unauthorized" replicas are plainly illegal, and, as they do not pass through quality control, are widely considered to be of inferior quality. They are not to be represented as equivalent to authentic, legal goods.
I'd like to join everyone in welcoming Cap City as our newest sponsor and, of course, I won't ignore the elephant in the room.   Cap City, as many of you know, partnered with us for the NikeTalk New Era fitted cap back released in honor of our community's tenth anniversary.  We sold out in about 20 minutes and raised over $2,000 for the Children's Defense Fund in the process.  Cap City did such a great job that many of you have been calling for a new release ever...
 They're acting within their rights - to a certain extent.  I find some of the claims laughable, but if you question them you won't even get a response.  They count on it being easier just to perform the takedown than to stand up for yourself.   In the case of the "plot points," I feel there's no legitimate claim there.  In the case of images, they are undoubtedly the legal rightsholder.  Leaked images from the set or screengrabs from a screener?  Okay...  You had someone...
They have no right to complain about your speech or opinions - and they haven't.   The only thing they've complained about, with the exception of their farcical Fantastic Four "plot points" claim, has been the posting of what they consider "copyrighted images."   How do you know which images are owned by Fox and which are "public domain?"  Well, if you'd asked me yesterday, I'd have told you that you should stick to materials that have been distributed by Twentieth Century...
 It's also happened regarding the "Wolverine" movie that is or was in production recently.   The "TMNT" request concerned photos allegedly taken inside their studios without consent, so it's a bit easier to understand.   Oddly, I've yet to receive any such requests concerning movies that are not widely considered an embarrassing perversion of beloved source material.    I just want to make sure everyone's aware of the issue - and understands that it really isn't worth the...
 External links aren't as big of an issue for us, because Fox can go after the source, but if we're being threatened when users discuss potential plot points, what's the use of allowing a discussion about the film prior to its release?   Movies from studios OTHER than Twentieth Century Fox aren't a problem.  We've had no issues with anyone else.  Requests, when issued, are generally very reasonable and justifiable.  Fox is not behaving that way, however, so I can't say...
 Users aren't permitted to upload copyrighted images.  Whenever you use the uploader, you have to check a box specifically indicating that you're NOT going to violate somebody's copyrights.   Clearly there is an issue here, as users are posting images indiscriminately and leaked images in particular are going to result in our staff receiving a legal threat.  Now, if this were a rare occurrence, we could deal with the cleanup.  Twentieth Century Fox, however, has become so...