Posts by Methodical Management

A hint?  I didn't think I was being that subtle.     Unless you're pre-screening every single post and edit, the potential for abuse will exist.  If you take those statements in context, the point I've made is that change requires action.  If you actually care about helping us curb any of those behaviors, act like it.  I don't think those things have any place in our community, and that's why I've dedicated my time every single day for the past 6,210 days to try and make...
When Nelson C created NikeTalk way back in 1999, I don't think we honestly knew what we were really signing up for.  We just knew that our new friends, and the budding online community of sneaker fans as a whole, deserved better.   We deserved better than impostors.  We deserved better than trolling.  We deserved better than White Supremacist hate speech.  We deserved better than disrespect.  We deserved a home.   At the time, many people complained about the...
A thread was created yesterday about these products with a more appropriate title:  http://niketalk.com/t/656915/jordan-5-red-suede-raging-bull-blue-suede-2017
 The issue with Porter is much like the players to whom he's been compared:  he's not going to carry your team.  He's probably not even going to turn your good team into a great team.  To me, he's a guy who can turn a great team into a CHAMPIONSHIP team.  Championship teams need players like Otto Porter.  A lot of us felt his ceiling was probably an exemplary 3 and D guy, like Bruce Bowen - but he's shown flashes of being more than that.  If we weren't force feeding Beal,...
 I have to agree with JJs07 in that Porter has been the team's second best player by a wide margin.  The average fan, who only looks at PPG, may think this team still belongs to the tandem of Wall and Beal, but Beal is getting his by volume.   Otto is shooting a fantastic percentage and how many plays are they running for him?  Meanwhile, force-feeding Beal has become the staple of what little organized offense the team does run these days.  They NEED Beal to look good in...
 As I watched that play, I couldn't figure out why Wall didn't just take the shot.  Every Wizards fan cringed in unison at that dump off pass to Morris. That said, you have to put this on coaching as well.  It's the coach's responsibility to draw something up that will create a good, high percentage scoring opportunity.  The Wizards under Scott Brooks are playing pickup ball out there in the closing seconds.  "Just stand around for awhile and call for a pick" is a bad...
Scott Brooks may be an upgrade over Wittman, but you can see why OKC couldn't close the deal with him on the bench.  Late game management has been atrocious.   Up 3 with 30 seconds left, we need one score to effectively close the game.  What do you do?  If you said, "lazily throw the ball into Markieff Morris, then stand around as he fails to post up a smaller defender and misses a bad fall away shot," you're the ONLY person Washington interviewed for head coach. Just...
Terrible body language on display against the Spurs. Wall has every right to be frustrated, but this is where I think we'd all like to see him demonstrate leadership rather than attempt to sulk his way out of town.   A new GM would be great, but the problem really starts at the top.  There's plenty of room for improvement, but I don't see this team actually contending until there's a change in ownership.   All summer long we had to hear about how this was all "part of the...
 That day is today.
 If you want to talk about basketball, do so in the Sports & Training forum.  http://niketalk.com/f/7354/sports-training  This thread is intended for discussion of Adidas Yeezy products ONLY.   Users who repeatedly clutter the thread with off-topic posts will be banned from this discussion. Our forums are organized for a reason.  It can be challenging enough for visitors and even thread regulars to keep up with the latest news as it is.  We don't need to dump pages of...