Posts by Methodical Management

Well, we certainly know somebody who's suddenly become desperate for a starting center.  Word is they can't make a move for Hibbert.  Seraphin for Jamal Crawford?  He's in the last year of his deal, at least, though his vaunted bench scoring (a Wizards need) was largely absent when it mattered most last year.    The old Celtics are one of few good teams Seraphin used to go to town on.  Maybe that will stick in Doc's mind.  Kevin is like the anti-DJ.  He's not athletic....
You have to wonder if Pierce is feeling any buyer's remorse right now, with Deandre Jordan headed to Dallas.     Aside from losing Pierce, you have to be pleased - if not stunned - by the moves the Wizards have made to improve while simultaneously maintaining maximum flexibility next summer.       Barring some last minute change of heart from Pierce (and he wouldn't be the first to change his mind after "agreeing to terms"), David West (a player who, himself, "agreed...
If you're interested in posting your outfit of the moment, we have just the thread for you:  http://niketalk.com/t/630329/official-july-2015-wdywt-thread   "What Did You Wear Today" has been a part of NikeTalk for ages.  I'm sure the regulars would welcome your participation.
Looks like we'll make use of the Andre Miller trade exception (and yet ANOTHER second round pick) to bring in Jared Dudley.  Dudley's heading into the last year of his deal, so he'd be on a mercenary run with no salary impact on the grand pursuit of KD next summer.  Any thoughts?     It was my understanding that a percentage of the salary cap is used to calculate a max contract, based on a player's experience.  (A player in their first six years qualifies for 25% of the...
 They may as well get it done now.  A max deal under the current cap will seem reasonable once the new TV money factors into next year's figures.  
 He won't get the "extra 3 million" unless he plays the third year.  He won't.  (And I don't think anyone sees him Steve Nashing it out there to collect $3 million.) The team option offers provisional cap space, to use if needed.  In other words, Wizards would exercise its option to retain Pierce in the likely event that KD re-ups with OKC and a massive salary dump is unnecessary.  I agree that a better deal could - and should - have been presented to Pierce, but he will...
  I don't think that's accurate.  Reports had the Wizards offer at $6.6 million for NEXT season with a player option for a second year.   The Clippers' offer was HALF that per season, and there's no way Pierce is playing the third year.  Not only did he leave for less money than the Wizards offered - but he left for less money than he would've been owed had he exercised his player option.   You can say he wanted to finish his career at home, but that's still a pretty good...
 He turned back into a pumpkin.  http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/1767/rasual-butler
 Classy stuff.  Intellectual, too.  It's a good look.  Didn't really catch a respectful argument in there, but whatever.  The ol "i'm right and you're wrong cause I said so" routine, indeed.     Relax. As far as I can tell, nobody's denying your right to marry a woman or practice your preferred religion.  
 Unfortunately, the site's new layout means that swapping out our logo isn't as simple as uploading a replacement banner image.  That's the one downside to using a professional design. It's a great idea, though, and while I'm sure someone could do greater justice to it than I could, I figured I'd provide a slightly more official version for anyone interested: