Posts by Methodical Management

Look at it from our perspective.  We're talking about 4-5 distinct complaints out of a user base of thousands.  The symptoms described match those of the associated malware exactly.  There are many recently documented cases of said malware issue.   To my knowledge, no other Huddler communities have reported this problem. I haven't encountered the problem - nor has anyone else on our staff.  That's HIGHLY unusual for something that's ad related.  The same goes for the...
 Your sample size is two machines.  Our sample size is substantially larger than that.   If you search the web for information about SoftwareUpdaterlp, you'll see that this is a widespread malware issue and is not specific to NikeTalk.  I would go through the steps listed in the link in my previous post.  Odds are, there's adware running on that machine.  Worst case scenario, you're performing due diligence that has the potential to resolve the problem immediately.   If...
The softwareupdate thing is malware.  It's not an ad running on NikeTalk:     http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-softwareupdaterlp-com-virus/
I checked in with Huddler on these:  This is a virus and is not the result of an ad running on NikeTalk.  (Hence why nobody else has encountered it.)   To follow up on this, the team would like to know: 1) What ad did you see?2) Where did you see it? (Desktop?  Mobile?)3) Were you able to get the destination URL?
Better yet: don't.   BEST case scenario you're just violating their terms and subjecting "your" accounts to forfeiture.  Worst case scenario, you're dealing with hacked/stolen accounts. Either way, our community will have no part in any illegal or unethical activities.  
I'm so frustrated by this offense.     Only Charlotte attempts more 15-19 foot jump shots.  We take 18 of them a game and make only 41% of them.    Only the Lakers attempt more 10-14 foot jump shots.  We shoot 9 of those and hit, you guessed it, 41% of them.      The Wizards average just under 16 three point attempts per game.  Only the Kings and Wolves take fewer.  We make 38.2% of those.       Why the hell are we taking so many LONG mid-range shots?  We're not...
 Bottom line:  you can help people without breaking the rules and we're not altering the rules so as to allow people to go into any sneaker thread and say "I HAVE THE SHOE YOU WANT FOR AN AMAZING PRICE! PM ME!!"  
 We don't have to go very far if you're threatening to have people spam the site for your listings.  You'll be banned and they'll be banned.   Users helping other users is what NikeTalk is about.  The community helping you make a profit?  Not my problem.    The rules exist for good reason.  If someone who lacked the credentials needed to access the buy/sell area came in off the street and started spamming sneaker threads with ads for desirable shoes at low, low prices,...
 Nobody wants to see a bunch of self-serving spam here.  Try to circumvent that to exploit the site for your own selfish gain and watch what happens. 
 And you're not selling a product that makes use of anyone else's name or logo - including NikeTalk's. A t-shirt that says "SupNT" and doesn't infringe on anyone's rights?  Have fun.  Just don't make it a problem that we then have to deal with.