Posts by Methodical Management

I'm glad to hear that you were able to catch the issue prior to shipping, and that some good will come of it in donating the "alternative" shirts to those in need.   We'll look forward to the launch of the corrected print. 
 I'm glad to see this design make a comeback, given the need for its message right now.   Perhaps it's the insufferable pedant in me, but is the misspelling of "boundaries" intentional?  I get that characters are deliberately omitted in RNDM OBJTS - and we've had to make a similar choice with NKETLK shirts in the past, as a precautionary measure to avoid any brand confusion - but the words "BREAK DOWN" are spelled out in their entirety.  Perhaps it's a play on the...
 Realistically, this year is not part of the Wizards' window of opportunity.  We have the chance to take a big step forward with or without a mid-season trade.  If the team plays to their potential, there's no reason why they can't reach the ECF - which is probably their ceiling either way, barring injuries (to their core players, or to those of their opposition.)  In the John Wall era, the goal has always been to take over the conference during LeBron's decline.  A couple...
 That would be a first in my lifetime.  I'm hoping for a division win, but I'm trying to keep my expectations in check.  They're still the Wizards.  Injuries can change everything in a heartbeat.   It has been interesting to see the national recognition come on, however.  Even when this team was a 4 seed, they were not getting this type of respect and national tv coverage.  At this rate, perhaps the fans (and players) will do the right thing next season and vote Wall for...
 For its impact on property values, White Flight becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts.   Think about the purportedly "race neutral" concerns of those who engage in White Flight:   Socioeconomic status Crime Decline in nearby schools If a substantial portion of homeowners in a neighborhood all choose to list or leave their houses at once - and White buyers/tenants will be uninterested in or "steered" away from those homes by realtors - what's going to happen to the...
 The history of racism in our society is one of constant adaptation.  There's no question that what is socially permissible today is different from the Reconstruction Era, but my point is that the concept of the "dog whistle" is not, itself, a new development. Racism has long been veiled in such a way as to soothe the conscience of those who benefit from and perpetuate it.  It's not a matter of racial animus, Trump will tell you, it's about "public safety."  It's not a...
 Dog whistle racism is the rhetorical equivalent of a fake beard.  It's not a particularly effective disguise.   The "genius" of the modern conservative movement's rhetoric on race, to the extent that the "creative" reformulation ignorance can be considered a feat of ingenuity, is less the use of "dog whistles" than the deployment of collective amnesia to portray contemporary racism as somehow "race neutral."  (e.g. Roberts' maliciously naive opinion in Parents Involved in...
 I've pointed out the hypocrisy in the whole "safe space" thing before, including the aforementioned reply:  http://niketalk.com/t/659331/donald-trump-administration-wants-to-cut-white-supremacism-from-counter-extremism-program/60#post_27476664 I have no problem with people making similar points - so long as it's done respectfully. As you said, we want people to have the opportunity to allow people to present different or even conflicting opinions and perspectives on our...
 I'm not asking you to.  I hardly expect you to pray for his soul or well-being, in the way that hundreds of civil rights demonstrators prayed for the recovery of violent, segregationist Sheriff Jim Clark. I'm not asking you to remain silent.  I'm not asking you to accept abuse with good humor.  My only request is that we all follow the rules and treat each other with basic respect.    The whole "authority" bit seems misplaced, to be honest.  This is a privately run...
  http://niketalk.com/t/659331/donald-trump-administration-wants-to-cut-white-supremacism-from-counter-extremism-program/60#post_27476664 If he posts something that's in violation of our forum rules, report it.  He'll join the long list of people who've been banned in the past 12 months for bigotry.  We're not tolerating intolerance.   But if we value diversity, we can't say "respect everyone.... except Trump supporters."  "Be inclusive and accepting of difference......