NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Kicks › Other Brands › WHAT THE HELL IS CONVERSE DOING WITH WADE"S SHOE????????
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WHAT THE HELL IS CONVERSE DOING WITH WADE"S SHOE???????? - Page 2

post #31 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Words1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

m glad you agree with me. However his line won't be successful if they keep producing bad looking shoes. Its up to the chief designer to make to shoe appealing to the consumer and also shape a performance shoe to cater to the player. Wade 2's is a good looking shoe maybe even better than the wade 1's and if Tinker had some of his ideas of making wade 2's who knows the possibilities if Tinker was in charge of producing wade line from the start? Its not to late to change the direction of wade line. But if Duane Lawrence keeps producing Wade's line, Dwayne Wade would probably keep wearing the 1's through his whole career. The Wade line right now only needs to focus on resurrecting the shoe aesthetically cause like I said I'm not wasting my money to wear ugly shoes.





I hear you with the whole "Chief Designer" idea....but IMHO...thats not really going to make a difference. Nike is a marketing machine, if they want to make it work all they have to do is spend a little more money on marketing... The whole chief designer thing will make "YOU" feel comfortable because you know a little something about the designers. FYI Didnt Eric Avar design the KOBE 3's...you know the ones that everybody hated except me... And didnt Link design the Lebron 5's....not the greatest of shoe designs imo.....and peep this....The Converse Wade is only 90 dollars!......Name one Nike shoe that you've liked/loved that was 90 dollars....just one. Its tricky, if I was Wade, I'd be in Converses *&^s ....I'd be all up in the design process, like send me some drawings......Any piece of article with my name on it, Ima make sure that I give it the OK and that I like it. Thats why Jordan gets a pass....Tinker was in that Man's buttcheeks learning everything he could about Jordan.....and Jordan was helping him...If Wade has a problem.its not with the designers...its with some other aspect of the business.....or he could just be a diva..*idunno
Marketing for Nike should be no problem they control the whole industry and a player like Dwayne Wade they could basically just sell his name and his achievements. The whole pricing thing would be tough, but they would have frame around that and keep the shoe both appealing to the consumer and effective in performance while maintain affordability . You mention Tinker knowing what Jordan would like and Jordan giving his own input of what should be released and that my point of the whole "CHIEF DESIGNER". Duane Lawrence is not focusing on the life of Dwayne Wade personality on and off court. Research about the Wade 2's their is little aspects of his life in their and that has to do with Tinker affiliation making the shoe becoming personal and not about just making the shoe for just basketball. We see many inspirations in the Jordan line from 3's to 23's everything in the line has something to do with Jordan's lifestyle. I would like see the same approach put into the Dwayne Wade line.
post #32 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by PR baller 23

The wade 4 isnt like a Jordan, where you know, you see it the first time and think ewww, but then fall in love with it, no its a walmart shoe at best. 29.99$ should be the price.

Care to elaborate on that? Really, why do you think so many people don't like a Jordan shoe at first, probably don't even like it later, but end up buying it anyway?

When I don't like it, I don't like it and I won't get it. Regardless of people as a collective gradually changing their minds and buying into all of the hype, that makes me sick. I'm not going to get the Wade 4, regardless of who starts wearing, what people say and how it performs. I'd rather pick up a pair of the first Wades.


And incorporating D. Wade's lifestyle might be a good idea, but there's lots of things about the Jordan Brand I hope they stay away from. The sig. shoes are extremely overpriced. They blend too much casual/visual with performance, so I'm hesitant to get them for performance. And most of them aren't exceptional performance shoes, they are just name-brand driven hype. Honestly, a shoe that retails for half as much can be twice as solid on court.
post #33 of 49
The IV was on sale at champs for 29.99 already
nerd.gif I am looking for a size 11.5 or 12 Air Zoom Generation. nerd.gif
Reply
nerd.gif I am looking for a size 11.5 or 12 Air Zoom Generation. nerd.gif
Reply
post #34 of 49
Thread Starter 
Your not getting what Im saying. This has nothing to do with Jordans, I was using his shoes as an example. Wades shoe doesnt have that effect, it does not grow on you over time becuase it is absolutly ugly. There is nothing to like about them, where as if you dont like a Jordan at first, usually, once you see them in person, you start noticing the details that went into the shoe and so on..

Anyways, its not even that it needs to be about Wades life style, you think I wanna shoe that is designed after him cheating on his wife? Im sayin when you look at dwayne wades game, the guy is super fast, changes directions side to side at break neck speed, jumps with the best of them, So wouldnt converse try and take that concept and mix it with some flash and make a shoe that was very light,very stable, and a shoe that looked like it should be worn by Wade. Those 4s dont even look like Stephon marbury should be wearin them. Its just like Reebok, how many shoes have they made that where super heavy and really high off the ground for Iverson? Makes no sense, wouldnt you wanna make the fastest guy in the NBA that much faster because he was carrying less weight around and was lower to the court?

Oh and as far as you not wanting them to put super technology in the shoe to make it cost alot like jordans, that wouldnt happen, they could put the same tech that is in Jordans in a Wade shoe, and would still have to sell it at a reasonable price because Jordans have built their brand up so that the consumer will pay anything to have them. Thats why they get away charging almost 200$ for them, and I live in canada, so thats like 280$ here. with Wades, even with great tech, they couldnt sell them that hight becuase he isnt Jordan or nike, period. His name isnt that big yet. dont get me wrong, wades name is huge, but in terms of selling product, he is just getting started, where nike and Jordan have a huge following and a legacy that allows them to push the prices up cause they will get people to pay.
BLAH BLAH BLAH, I dont know if this make sense, but Im not proof readin it, to lazy
post #35 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ27526

The IV was on sale at champs for 29.99 already


imageimageimage

image

I would cop if they had them for $29 around my way.
TEAM CHICAGO
BULLS - BEARS - CUBS - BLACKHAWKS
Reply
TEAM CHICAGO
BULLS - BEARS - CUBS - BLACKHAWKS
Reply
post #36 of 49
Wades Converse is uggh
PSN BayernDank
Reply
PSN BayernDank
Reply
post #37 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by PR baller 23

Your not getting what Im saying. This has nothing to do with Jordans, I was using his shoes as an example. Wades shoe doesnt have that effect, it does not grow on you over time becuase it is absolutly ugly. There is nothing to like about them, where as if you dont like a Jordan at first, usually, once you see them in person, you start noticing the details that went into the shoe and so on..

Anyways, its not even that it needs to be about Wades life style, you think I wanna shoe that is designed after him cheating on his wife? Im sayin when you look at dwayne wades game, the guy is super fast, changes directions side to side at break neck speed, jumps with the best of them, So wouldnt converse try and take that concept and mix it with some flash and make a shoe that was very light,very stable, and a shoe that looked like it should be worn by Wade. Those 4s dont even look like Stephon marbury should be wearin them. Its just like Reebok, how many shoes have they made that where super heavy and really high off the ground for Iverson? Makes no sense, wouldnt you wanna make the fastest guy in the NBA that much faster because he was carrying less weight around and was lower to the court?

Oh and as far as you not wanting them to put super technology in the shoe to make it cost alot like jordans, that wouldnt happen, they could put the same tech that is in Jordans in a Wade shoe, and would still have to sell it at a reasonable price because Jordans have built their brand up so that the consumer will pay anything to have them. Thats why they get away charging almost 200$ for them, and I live in canada, so thats like 280$ here. with Wades, even with great tech, they couldnt sell them that hight becuase he isnt Jordan or nike, period. His name isnt that big yet. dont get me wrong, wades name is huge, but in terms of selling product, he is just getting started, where nike and Jordan have a huge following and a legacy that allows them to push the prices up cause they will get people to pay.
BLAH BLAH BLAH, I dont know if this make sense, but Im not proof readin it, to lazy

We both have the same idea that Wade shoes are ugly except 2's which is my personal favorite. I'm just incorporating the ideas from Jordan Brand using themes to design their sneakers. him cheating on wife his personal life, not his lifestyle meaning from the cars he drive, the clothes he wears little things that wade does to live his life on court and off court, everyone is far from perfect we all have flaws and mistakes. Your idea from him being a "super fast guy" stems from my idea of incorporating his play of the game. I'm not comparing the legacy of Jordan Brand with the Wade line but the approach they use in JB would be good route for converse to take so they improve the wade line. You don't need "SUPER TECHNOLOGY" to sell a shoe you can have all performance but cosmetically the shoe can look a drag in your eyes. It needs a balance of both beauty and performance while maintain a decent manufacture suggested retail price. I really wish the wade line was at this point of having bad looking shoes cause its becoming bothersome for me not have my favorite player shoe, either to play ball in or just normal jeans and a shirt casual wear.
post #38 of 49
Ahh man, *sigh* at least you care. this is what I will say.
the only reason we are having this discussion is because Wade isnt wearing his Sig and nobody knows why. Now theres this loose assumption that Converse is doing something wrong...who knows.


if Wade wore his sig while hes beasting the way he has been....yeah...their will be your critics ...but their will always be critics. Whatchu guys dont understand is that Jordan is different in the fact that his shoes where coming out before the whole retro craze...and not every Jordan was sought after like that....Now its just a bunch of groupies, sheep, and hype beast that mess it up for the regular people. We where also more inclined to trust MJ's style cause he was ..well....Cool....and this whole signature shoe "be like Mike" thing was all new to us..

Also The 11's where hated for a long time....

Im not saying that the wade line will take the same route..,but you will never know what people are gonna like 10 yrs from now..so when you say that wades wont grow on people..you never know..its only been like 4 yrs. Im not really jumping out of my socks to pick up any 4 yr old kicks from any brand personally.

As far as the themes and relating to Wades life...again, that wont make a huge different. All that matters is that their is a story imo....and their always is one.. plus the 4 is supposedly the lightest in the Wade Line and it comes with some type of stability heel chamber which is suppose to make it stable...plus its very breathable.....

Would be nice to hear from someone who actually knows whats up though.
http://stacktv.stack.com/...1815803319&channelID=Gear
post #39 of 49
...
post #40 of 49
Thread Starter 
Google wade's shoes, they had a write up on them the other day about how he hasnt worn the shoe yet, and doesnt plan on wearing it. They are re-releasing the Wade 1. So that tells you right there he dont like the shoe.
post #41 of 49
Wade's shoes are cheap , they all will go to outlet for 30 dollars, I don't know what Convers doing, Nike shoud sign Wade, indeed Converse belong Nike . but it really s**ks
post #42 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by kongzilla

all his shoes look like crap. compares pretty well to shaqs.
In Seattle where it rains L's

IG: KrispKicks206
SC: kristiandemian
Reply
In Seattle where it rains L's

IG: KrispKicks206
SC: kristiandemian
Reply
post #43 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by PR baller 23

Google wade's shoes, they had a write up on them the other day about how he hasnt worn the shoe yet, and doesnt plan on wearing it. They are re-releasing the Wade 1. So that tells you right there he dont like the shoe.



Dwyane Wade How do you sell a signature shoe of a player that doesn't wear it? It's a tough question to answer. But one shoe brand has been dealing with dilemma for almost three months now. Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade hasn't yet worn the model of Converse shoes - the Wade 4 - that hit stores at the beginning of the season and his agent Henry Thomas told us that it's highly likely that the 2006 Finals MVP won't put that model on his feet for the rest of the season. Since Nike [NKE 45.25 -0.74 (-1.61%) ] and Michael Jordan popularized the idea of endorsing a new shoe every year, marquee players with shoe deals have gotten used to the annual tradition of changing shoes. But sneakerheads, like "SportsBiz" reader James Martin, have been perplexed with the fact that Wade hasn't played a single game in the shoes they are selling for $90 at retail. In a press release for the Wade 4, Wade was quoted as saying that this shoe was his lightest yet, "which keeps me agile and explosive as the clock winds down." But the only clock winding down is the one referring to whether Wade will actually ever wear those kicks in a game this season. Thomas confirmed to us that his client is playing in the Wade 1's and not the 4's. "He wears the 1's because he really liked them," Thomas said. "And Given that he was playing in the Olympics, he was preoccupied this past summer, so he didn't have the chance that he and Converse wanted to get used to his new shoes." Thomas says there is a difference in the way the shoe feels and that Wade is more sensitive to changes in his shoes because of the issues he has had with his left knee. We didn't expect the folks at Converse, who didn't immediately get back to us, to tell us about the fact that Wade wasn't wearing the shoe they built for him, but we think we know how they are rectifying it. (*UPDATE: Converse sent us a response, please below*) Word is that the brand is re-releasing the Wade 1's in different styles starting next month. That might have to do with the fact that the Wade 4's clearly aren't selling well. This year, Sales of Wade's shoes are off about 50 percent compared to sales last year, according to Matt Powell of SportsOneSource, a sports market retail tracking firm. Converse and Wade got off to a great start. Although he was drafted fifth overall in the 2003 NBA Draft, the shoe companies, including Nike -- which now owns Converse -- and Adidas skipped over him. His $400,000 a year deal was a paltry sum compared to what LeBron James ($13 million per year) and Carmelo Anthony ($3 million per year) made from Nike. But he made that up when Converse re-signed him, before the championship year, through the 2011-12 season at a significant bump. His big star power was deflated when he missed parts of seasons due to shoulder and knee injuries. That, along with the decline of the Heat's performance, has cooled the demand for Wade's shoes. And while we are to shoe dilemmas, how about the one New York Knicks Stephon Marbury is giving us? His $14.98 shoe once sold by the defunct Steve & Barry's will now be hitting Amazon.com, according to the New York Post. Marbury, of course, hasn't played this year because of his squabbles with the team, but the shoes are still cheap and actually surprisingly comfortable. UPDATE: Converse just sent us this statement: "We are fully aware that Dwyane Wade is currently not wearing the WADE 4 during Heat games. Dwyane has very specific footwear needs that help him perform at his intense level of play. Based on his evolving needs, we work with Dwyane to make sure his footwear is comfortable for his feet. This does not reflect, in any way, the performance level of the WADE 4 being sold at retail. Converse has created a high-performance basketball shoe that we believe will exceed basketball players' expectations. Dwyane continues to wear Converse product on the court as we look forward to our continued relationship with one of the NBA's top players. The WADE 1 will be re-released in limited pairs in Dwyane's on-court black/red/white colorway in April 2009."

post #44 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by PR baller 23

Your not getting what Im saying. This has nothing to do with Jordans, I was using his shoes as an example. Wades shoe doesnt have that effect, it does not grow on you over time becuase it is absolutly ugly. There is nothing to like about them, where as if you dont like a Jordan at first, usually, once you see them in person, you start noticing the details that went into the shoe and so on..

Anyways, its not even that it needs to be about Wades life style, you think I wanna shoe that is designed after him cheating on his wife? Im sayin when you look at dwayne wades game, the guy is super fast, changes directions side to side at break neck speed, jumps with the best of them, So wouldnt converse try and take that concept and mix it with some flash and make a shoe that was very light,very stable, and a shoe that looked like it should be worn by Wade. Those 4s dont even look like Stephon marbury should be wearin them. Its just like Reebok, how many shoes have they made that where super heavy and really high off the ground for Iverson? Makes no sense, wouldnt you wanna make the fastest guy in the NBA that much faster because he was carrying less weight around and was lower to the court?

Oh and as far as you not wanting them to put super technology in the shoe to make it cost alot like jordans, that wouldnt happen, they could put the same tech that is in Jordans in a Wade shoe, and would still have to sell it at a reasonable price because Jordans have built their brand up so that the consumer will pay anything to have them. Thats why they get away charging almost 200$ for them, and I live in canada, so thats like 280$ here. with Wades, even with great tech, they couldnt sell them that hight becuase he isnt Jordan or nike, period. His name isnt that big yet. dont get me wrong, wades name is huge, but in terms of selling product, he is just getting started, where nike and Jordan have a huge following and a legacy that allows them to push the prices up cause they will get people to pay.
BLAH BLAH BLAH, I dont know if this make sense, but Im not proof readin it, to lazy

You're right, I don't get what you're saying. At least the part about Jordans.

I think when you say "There is nothing to like about them, where as if you dont like a Jordan at first, usually, once you see them in person, you start noticing the details that went into the shoe and so on." you're really talking about hype. What you described could happen with ANY shoe. But it helps to have a bunch of other people do the same thing, like with Jordan releases. I'm asking, have you ever played in any Wades? Being highly critical of the visuals is expected, but you can't talk about the performance aspects unless you've played in them.

What I'm saying is, if somehow the Wade 4 became the most popular shoe of the year, and all of a sudden we had a 200 page thread with people getting caught up in the hype machine, then it would certainly influence a great number of people. They could probably throw a swoosh on the Wade 4 and it would automatically change people's minds. Then everybody would be all "oohs and aahs" over the technology incorporated in the Wade 4, a lot like Lunar foam or IPS in Jordans.


My only experience with Wades was a great one. It's not the 4, but it had everything you described, it was light-weight and stable. Also had great traction, transition, comfort and fit. A low priced, high quality shoe that performed at a high level. I think some people messed up BIG time at Converse to have this happen. I'd pick up a pair if the first Wades re-released, but it's laughable. How can you put out a sig. shoe when the marquee player isn't even wearing them?
post #45 of 49
i dont think they look bad, best one yet imo
post #46 of 49
I think DWADE is being kind of selfish...

.....When you sign to a company, theres a since of obligation that, if they pay you, you have to do certain things and perform certain activities....Just because you are in the Olympics doesnt mean that you shouldnt make the time to test out the shoes....He was in Asia where the shoes are made!...plus video conferencing does exist.

I understand that Basketball is what pays the bills but ....you signed a multi yr contract with Converse aswell..

How do you find time to make the commercial but cant properly wear test the shoes.....that so backwards. He doesnt understand that a big portion of the business is being
lost because hes not wearing the latest shoe with his name on it.

Also Converse is not a big business....outside of the "ChucK" and Wade.....Wade is a big part.....Hes messing up alot of peoples money.
And Im not saying that converse isnt partially responsible.

These NBA players need to learn how to prioritize .....
I dont know I could be wrong...lets hope so.
post #47 of 49
well maybe he has some issues with comfort level and protection from the shoes
post #48 of 49
Thread Starter 
Dude, K Im not a fan of Jordans anymore, havent been since the 20. When I first seen the Jordan 11s, I was like what the hell is that shiny crap doin on there. But I grew to love that shoe, It was just something new that I had never seen before, they pushed the envelope and at first I didnt know what to think. the 13s I had no idea what was goin on with that shoe at first. but I love the look. the 16s where messed man, but I love those shoes, first shoe with a cover.

Yes I have worn the Wades. I have the Wade 1s and they where one of the worst shoes I have ever had. They where terrible to wear. The traction was the worst I have ever worn. Absolutly terrible, slide everywhere. Every time I would try and make a hard stop, my foot would slide out. At the heel of the shoe, the upper actually extends out further then the sole, so on hard cuts, the side of the shoe catches the floor and becomes very dangerous. They didnt lock my foot down at all, foot slid around inside the shoe. Just terrible, they werent even light.

Those Wade 4s could never become popular no matter what kinda logo you put on there. They arent visually appealing at all. I could never play in a shoe that looked as clunky and terrible constructed as the 4. Wade needs a sleek shoe, cause that what his game is.

I could design the most amazing Wade shoe ever!!!! guarenteed, I have great Ideas for the Wade line, I hope someone on his design team is thinkin the same things I am.
post #49 of 49
Duane Lawrence who designed the WADE 1 ORIGINAL is freaky talented and that was the Baddest Shoe design ever. I have 45 pairs mint in the Box and they have sky rocketed in Price. Your right though, I don't like what they did with the Wade's after the 1st one, but realize Duane Wade makes the final decision and design..................I became Great friends with Duane Lawrence after showing him my Collection and he was not too thrilled with the final results but that is what they wanted.......He sent me a Camo Wade1 that was never released when Wade went with Jordan. The only pair in existence.....PEACE !!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Other Brands
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Kicks › Other Brands › WHAT THE HELL IS CONVERSE DOING WITH WADE"S SHOE????????