NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Kicks › Jordan Brand › :::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!) - Page 508

post #15211 of 15269


Here is another pic
post #15212 of 15269

Just ordered the donor for my 99 white cement IVs. I struck out in last years release so I figure why not attempt the swap myself. Only spent $40 on the donor pair and its from the cement gray dub zeros so I won't need to repaint. Just remove, reglue, restitch. Just worried about the actual fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos Definition View Post


Dub zeros should fit perfectly. Certain Nike midsoles are too small/narrow but anything Jordan fits 1:1 from my experience

 

Good looks. Can I get by without restitching? I have seen some videos where people shove the sole and reglue leaving the original rubber toe cap stitching in.

post #15213 of 15269
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallDontLie206 View Post

Just ordered the donor for my 99 white cement IVs. I struck out in last years release so I figure why not attempt the swap myself. Only spent $40 on the donor pair and its from the cement gray dub zeros so I won't need to repaint. Just remove, reglue, restitch. Just worried about the actual fi

Good looks. Can I get by without restitching? I have seen some videos where people shove the sole and reglue leaving the original rubber toe cap stitching in.

I've seen that done before successfully but I personally just remove the outsole entirely and restitch after gluing. Makes for a cleaner reglue imo
post #15214 of 15269
is there any way to clean ferrari 14s?
post #15215 of 15269

yes there is a way to clean them, i cleaned and restored a pair for some one who had a crazy night out at the club 

Customizing shoes was a hobby that became my passion and craft 

ig: @endless.sneaks

Reply

Customizing shoes was a hobby that became my passion and craft 

ig: @endless.sneaks

Reply
post #15216 of 15269
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyEvvyOTCU View Post

is there any way to clean ferrari 14s?

My bad meant to quote you, but yes there is a way to clean them, i just posted a picture of the cleaning I did for a client 

Customizing shoes was a hobby that became my passion and craft 

ig: @endless.sneaks

Reply

Customizing shoes was a hobby that became my passion and craft 

ig: @endless.sneaks

Reply
post #15217 of 15269
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwillgusto View Post

My bad meant to quote you, but yes there is a way to clean them, i just posted a picture of the cleaning I did for a client 
what did you use?
mine aren't that bad I just have black marks on the collar and heel
post #15218 of 15269
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwillgusto View Post

yes there is a way to clean them, i cleaned and restored a pair for some one who had a crazy night out at the club 






Damn - that was a rough night at the club as evidenced by the bio waste on them

You should have been paid triple to clean and restore those

Incidentally - great job on them
post #15219 of 15269
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyEvvyOTCU View Post


what did you use?
mine aren't that bad I just have black marks on the collar and heel

Angelus Nubuck and Suede kit cleaner and their regular cleaner as well with warm water, but for those black marks use the eraser in the kit 

Customizing shoes was a hobby that became my passion and craft 

ig: @endless.sneaks

Reply

Customizing shoes was a hobby that became my passion and craft 

ig: @endless.sneaks

Reply
post #15220 of 15269
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeRider View Post


Damn - that was a rough night at the club as evidenced by the bio waste on them

You should have been paid triple to clean and restore those

Incidentally - great job on them

lol yeah I had to double my usual price for these, this client hasn't taken them out the box since I restored them. 

Customizing shoes was a hobby that became my passion and craft 

ig: @endless.sneaks

Reply

Customizing shoes was a hobby that became my passion and craft 

ig: @endless.sneaks

Reply
post #15221 of 15269
Jason Markk cleaner has removed midsole paint from several pairs of Jordans (3s, 4s, 6s). It has also completely destroyed the nubuck on a pair of my 12s. Has anyone else has issues like this and can anyone recommend a product that is as effective at cleaning but kinder to my paint and materials?
post #15222 of 15269

I have used Reshoven8r on several pair of my shoes and they have not damaged them at all, I would give that a whirl!

post #15223 of 15269

Whats good fellas? Need some advice. The toe area on my left Timberland boot squeaks when I walk. Any cures for this?

post #15224 of 15269
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwillgusto View Post

Angelus Nubuck and Suede kit cleaner and their regular cleaner as well with warm water, but for those black marks use the eraser in the kit 
Aight preciate it fam.
I'll post pics when I get back to my ferraris just to confirm we're talking about the same marks
post #15225 of 15269
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyEvvyOTCU View Post


Aight preciate it fam.
I'll post pics when I get back to my ferraris just to confirm we're talking about the same marks

yeah post pics and yes those black marks will get removed, use the eraser lightly repeatedly, you dont want to press hard on the nubuck 

Customizing shoes was a hobby that became my passion and craft 

ig: @endless.sneaks

Reply

Customizing shoes was a hobby that became my passion and craft 

ig: @endless.sneaks

Reply
post #15226 of 15269
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGMCMLXXXIV View Post
 

I have used Reshoven8r on several pair of my shoes and they have not damaged them at all, I would give that a whirl!

I use that sometimes too, good choice

Customizing shoes was a hobby that became my passion and craft 

ig: @endless.sneaks

Reply

Customizing shoes was a hobby that became my passion and craft 

ig: @endless.sneaks

Reply
post #15227 of 15269
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaShark View Post

Jason Markk cleaner has removed midsole paint from several pairs of Jordans (3s, 4s, 6s). It has also completely destroyed the nubuck on a pair of my 12s. Has anyone else has issues like this and can anyone recommend a product that is as effective at cleaning but kinder to my paint and materials?

Jason Markk is terrible smh, they destroy peoples shoes, they have a commercial out I saw the other day someone tagged me in on FB, I had to tell them that product is fraud and if you notice in the commercial the guy walks in with mid top Air Force 1s and walks out with low top joints smh. I would agree with @KINGMCMLXXXIV and use Reshoven8r

Customizing shoes was a hobby that became my passion and craft 

ig: @endless.sneaks

Reply

Customizing shoes was a hobby that became my passion and craft 

ig: @endless.sneaks

Reply
post #15228 of 15269
Would I treat carbon fiber plate separation on the Jordan 11 the same way I would Sole separation? Can't seem to find anything specifically about the carbon fiber plate on the internet.
post #15229 of 15269
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaShark View Post

Jason Markk cleaner has removed midsole paint from several pairs of Jordans (3s, 4s, 6s). It has also completely destroyed the nubuck on a pair of my 12s. Has anyone else has issues like this and can anyone recommend a product that is as effective at cleaning but kinder to my paint and materials?

 

Used JM on my fragment air trainers (nubuck) and it just kinda ruined it....wrote JM and they sent me their suede/nubuck brush-eraser kit. which i've used primarily for my nubuck/suede kicks. but honestly, if you have a white eraser and a soft bristle brush you are getting the same thing. 

 

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/shoecare/PRDOVR~F3095/F3095.jsp?color_name=Suede-Cleaning-Kit&srcCode=GGBS00006_99104337506_233041518_21636220038_66474590270_c_pla_multichannel_pla-66474590270_9004338&sisearchengine=197&siproduct=F3095&noPopUp=true&source=googlePLA&lsft=srcCode:GGBS00006_99104337506_233041518_21636220038_66474590270_c_pla_multichannel_online__9004338&gclid=CMi91IS8uNECFYmFswodvDYGJQ


Edited by HipHopSays - 1/10/17 at 1:07pm

| beaters: Ultra Boost v1.0 volt colorway | WANT: 8.5 SBB | grail: Air Humara OG colorway (circa '98) | recent pickup: 350 v2 Red; 350 v2 Oreo

Reply

| beaters: Ultra Boost v1.0 volt colorway | WANT: 8.5 SBB | grail: Air Humara OG colorway (circa '98) | recent pickup: 350 v2 Red; 350 v2 Oreo

Reply
post #15230 of 15269

I don't know what y'all are doing, but I haven't had Jason Markk ruin any of my shoes.

WTB DS Lebron X Lava 11.5
Twitter & Instagram: @CleanestNdaCity
Reply
WTB DS Lebron X Lava 11.5
Twitter & Instagram: @CleanestNdaCity
Reply
post #15231 of 15269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korben Dallas View Post

Whats good fellas? Need some advice. The toe area on my left Timberland boot squeaks when I walk. Any cures for this?

Powder under the sole might help
Size 11 blk/white v2 ft for AJ XI premium suede 11 please pm
Reply
Size 11 blk/white v2 ft for AJ XI premium suede 11 please pm
Reply
post #15232 of 15269
Lincoln Eazy cleaner and Angelus cleaner with Jason mark brush is what I use to clean my shoes
#teamsz11 smile.gif 
Reply
#teamsz11 smile.gif 
Reply
post #15233 of 15269
Damn I never heard these Jason markk Horror stories before bit y'all definitely got me shook. I been said I was gonna start buying reshoevn8 tho. Maybe it's time before my luck runs out
post #15234 of 15269
ive cleaned tons of shoes with JM, huge variety of materials, and never damaged a single pair. no idea what you guys are doing.

6% off on Adidas - CLICK HERE

follow @LacesOut on instagram

Visit my store @ www.ShopLacesOut.com
Visit my store @ www.ShopLacesOut.com
Visit my store @ www.ShopLacesOut.com

Reply

6% off on Adidas - CLICK HERE

follow @LacesOut on instagram

Visit my store @ www.ShopLacesOut.com
Visit my store @ www.ShopLacesOut.com
Visit my store @ www.ShopLacesOut.com

Reply
post #15235 of 15269
I used their solution, brush, and towel exactly as directed and paint came off of the midsole on my varsity red 6 and 2012 bred 4 and the nubuck finish rubbed off of my '09 nubuck 12s. Didn't even rub that hard. Did the same thing with other solutions and the same towel and no issue. Maybe it was a bad batch of solution? Either way I will be spending my money elsewhere from now on.
post #15236 of 15269
Quote:
Originally Posted by skep View Post

ive cleaned tons of shoes with JM, huge variety of materials, and never damaged a single pair. no idea what you guys are doing.

 

This.  Just follow the instructions and use the correct brush.

WTB DS Lebron X Lava 11.5
Twitter & Instagram: @CleanestNdaCity
Reply
WTB DS Lebron X Lava 11.5
Twitter & Instagram: @CleanestNdaCity
Reply
post #15237 of 15269
My guess is that paint was coming off regardless of what brush or cleaner you used.

6% off on Adidas - CLICK HERE

follow @LacesOut on instagram

Visit my store @ www.ShopLacesOut.com
Visit my store @ www.ShopLacesOut.com
Visit my store @ www.ShopLacesOut.com

Reply

6% off on Adidas - CLICK HERE

follow @LacesOut on instagram

Visit my store @ www.ShopLacesOut.com
Visit my store @ www.ShopLacesOut.com
Visit my store @ www.ShopLacesOut.com

Reply
post #15238 of 15269
^ Yeah that seems like the most likely scenario to me too. The paint quality probably deteriorated enough that any kind of cleaner would've stripped it.

But I'm not sure why you guys are buying those "premium" sneaker cleaners anyway. These companies aren't putting anything special in their products.

Just grab some dishwashing liquid and mix it in a bowl with warm water, then scrub with a soft/medium/hard bristle toothbrush depending on the material. You can get a 25oz bottle of dish soap and a couple of toothbrushes for 5 bucks. I imagine an 8oz Jason Markk and the like are triple that.
Twitter - @stick2st
Instagram - @2stick
Xbox Live - addicted2xans
LOOKING FOR IN SIZE 10:
Flyknit Trainer/Racer Volt (10/10.5) - Flyknit Trainer Blue Glow (10/10.5)
Reply
Twitter - @stick2st
Instagram - @2stick
Xbox Live - addicted2xans
LOOKING FOR IN SIZE 10:
Flyknit Trainer/Racer Volt (10/10.5) - Flyknit Trainer Blue Glow (10/10.5)
Reply
post #15239 of 15269
Kicks aren't dishes tho, and this ain't 96.

Read the ingredients on dish washing liquid bottle and read the Jason markk bottle. Jason markk is alleged to be all natural.
post #15240 of 15269
Quote:
Originally Posted by WavyLo413 View Post

Kicks aren't dishes tho, and this ain't 96.

Read the ingredients on dish washing liquid bottle and read the Jason markk bottle. Jason markk is alleged to be all natural.

Bruh... really? Kicks aren't dishes? laugh.gif
Just like how dudes use seaglow when its boat cleaner. Kicks aren't boats either laugh.gif
"Jordan earned $110 million in 2015 thanks to sales of Nike's Jordan brand increasing by 14%, according to Forbes."
JB was dead in '15 huh?
Reply
"Jordan earned $110 million in 2015 thanks to sales of Nike's Jordan brand increasing by 14%, according to Forbes."
JB was dead in '15 huh?
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Jordan Brand
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Kicks › Jordan Brand › :::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)