NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Kicks › Other Brands › Official New Balance Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official New Balance Thread - Page 2260

post #67771 of 67950



Mail call steals... $104 Shipped, M990BK2. My first 990v2 ,my first entry piece into dad-steeze.  Build quality is on par with 998's, very comfortable and a bit more noticeable cushion than a 998 too. Black colorways are my speed. 

w/ 25% code $88 Shipped M998JB1 (Maroon) Loved the colors. J. Crew always do patriotic colorways justice. This shoe will be my go to's for BBQs this year. I copped the last pair before it disappeared on the website and updated for the BeachBall 998 after I checked out.


Edited by patrock - 6/19/17 at 6:04pm
post #67772 of 67950

Does anyone know what the general resale price of Nighthawks is?

post #67773 of 67950

If anybody needs a brand new pair of Cortados size 11.5 for super low (wayyyyyy below retail) let me know. 

post #67774 of 67950
Anyone have any info on where I can find a pair of jcrew 998 royalty in a 11 or 11.5
post #67775 of 67950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren502 View Post

how do these fit?  they look like they would fit narrow.

They fit tts...given they are made in Germany you already know they run a little more narrow but honesty not nearly as bad as the made in Germany 1500

New Balance 991.5 "Surplus Pack" sz9.5 - 9.9/10 condition

Ultra Boost OG 1.0 (s77415) Navy sz10 - IMMEDIATE SALE (3x wear)

Reply

New Balance 991.5 "Surplus Pack" sz9.5 - 9.9/10 condition

Ultra Boost OG 1.0 (s77415) Navy sz10 - IMMEDIATE SALE (3x wear)

Reply
post #67776 of 67950
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinOne View Post
 

Does anyone know what the general resale price of Nighthawks is?

i have seen them from $150-250 for ds pairs. i bought 2 pairs about 6 months ago and paid around $160 for each. really depends. they are not around too often now so if not a crazy price grab  them while you can. very dope shoe. 

WTB:

ultra boost 3.0 trace khaki 9.5/10

 

glv rf sage sz10

 

IG: @k20crip

Reply

WTB:

ultra boost 3.0 trace khaki 9.5/10

 

glv rf sage sz10

 

IG: @k20crip

Reply
post #67777 of 67950
Quote:
Originally Posted by bds120 View Post

They fit tts...given they are made in Germany you already know they run a little more narrow but honesty not nearly as bad as the made in Germany 1500

New Balance Deutschland?! Had no idea they opened a new factory. Those Germans would put an end to the quality control issues.
FS: New Balance 997GY (2014) sz. 11- VVVNDS
Reply
FS: New Balance 997GY (2014) sz. 11- VVVNDS
Reply
post #67778 of 67950
German engineered.

Bodega with sale 20% using code LoveItWhenYouCallMeBigPoppa. Works for sale item.
Edited by tyrhung - 6/18/17 at 6:11am
post #67779 of 67950
Quote:
Originally Posted by APlus18 View Post

New Balance Deutschland?! Had no idea they opened a new factory. Those Germans would put an end to the quality control issues.

Whoops... obviously I mean England. Ah well

New Balance 991.5 "Surplus Pack" sz9.5 - 9.9/10 condition

Ultra Boost OG 1.0 (s77415) Navy sz10 - IMMEDIATE SALE (3x wear)

Reply

New Balance 991.5 "Surplus Pack" sz9.5 - 9.9/10 condition

Ultra Boost OG 1.0 (s77415) Navy sz10 - IMMEDIATE SALE (3x wear)

Reply
post #67780 of 67950
Quote:
Originally Posted by bds120 View Post

Whoops... obviously I mean England. Ah well

We know you did. Just playing around. Seriously though.....a German NB factory would be amazing.
FS: New Balance 997GY (2014) sz. 11- VVVNDS
Reply
FS: New Balance 997GY (2014) sz. 11- VVVNDS
Reply
post #67781 of 67950


It's been a while. Father's Day fit. Much love to all the fathers out here at NT!
Twitter: @Ghosts_Return

WTB: VNDS / DS Asics Colette x LAMJC GL3 (2008) US9/9.5
WTB: VNDS / DS Asics x Patta GL3 US9/9.5 w/ bag
Reply
Twitter: @Ghosts_Return

WTB: VNDS / DS Asics Colette x LAMJC GL3 (2008) US9/9.5
WTB: VNDS / DS Asics x Patta GL3 US9/9.5 w/ bag
Reply
post #67782 of 67950
Are the packer 999 MIUS?

FS: Atmos GL3 Duck Camo DS Size 9.5 Retail plus ship

 

Instagram

Reply

FS: Atmos GL3 Duck Camo DS Size 9.5 Retail plus ship

 

Instagram

Reply
post #67783 of 67950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy View Post

Are the packer 999 MIUS?
I don't think so.
post #67784 of 67950
Speaking of nighthawks, if anyone has a lead on 8.5 or 9 I've been looking to grab a pair so shoot me a PM
post #67785 of 67950
Does anyone know how leather lined 997s fit compared to non-leather lined? I normally take a UK6/US6.5, wondering if a pair of UK6.5/US7 Rosés would be to big...
post #67786 of 67950
So nice, really love these!

post #67787 of 67950
post #67788 of 67950
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesandSTL View Post
 

https://sneakernews.com/2017/06/18/dtlr-new-balance-990v4-stars-stripes/

 

My oh my....

 

 

I just don't understand the 990v, it screams Kohls to me :\

Looking to buy (new only)

Size 11

997gy2

997.5 Beauty and Youth navy collab

1500  Solebox collabs

Diadora pepto bismol's in 10.5

Reply

Looking to buy (new only)

Size 11

997gy2

997.5 Beauty and Youth navy collab

1500  Solebox collabs

Diadora pepto bismol's in 10.5

Reply
post #67789 of 67950
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBEM View Post


I just don't understand the 990v, it screams Kohls to me ohwell.gif

Damn, you think? It's a fine line but I think the 990 has a lot of potential depending on who wears it/ how they wear it.
post #67790 of 67950
to me, those are one of the shoes that give NB the dad shoe name
post #67791 of 67950
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBEM View Post
 

 

 

I just don't understand the 990v, it screams Kohls to me :\

I totally agree. I just can't get into 990V models. They really push the Dad vibe in my opinion.

 

The colorway on this pair i great, but the silhouette just doesn't do it for me. 

post #67792 of 67950

I'm not a huge fan of the 990Vs either, but these are pretty nice. I do love the colors. How much does that model usually go for?

post #67793 of 67950
Made in USA with USA pricing range. Painful.
post #67794 of 67950
Quote:
Originally Posted by drisk34 View Post

to me, those are one of the shoes that give NB the dad shoe name


same here could never wear them

https://instagram.com/threegeees/

 

Available for trade..

 

RC x UB 3.0 DS SZ 9

 

RC x UB 1.0 DS SZ 9

 

W.W. x UB DS sz 9

Reply

https://instagram.com/threegeees/

 

Available for trade..

 

RC x UB 3.0 DS SZ 9

 

RC x UB 1.0 DS SZ 9

 

W.W. x UB DS sz 9

Reply
post #67795 of 67950
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesandSTL View Post
 

I'm not a huge fan of the 990Vs either, but these are pretty nice. I do love the colors. How much does that model usually go for?

 

990V4s retail for $165 which is a fair price point, IMO, especially when you consider most other miUSA GR NBs retail for $190-$220. You can find them on discount everywhere, though, so if you know where to look you can get 'em for low.

 

I'm sold on the 990V4 - I've seen them in person, seen them enough on feet of friends and fit pics online. They are a dope shoe but definitely an acquired taste. I'm just waiting for the right moment to pull the trigger. I got my eyes on just two pairs, the salmon joints and the original grey color way.

 

Also, I guess I don't mind that they scream "dad shoe" because I'm a dad :D 

post #67796 of 67950
Quote:
Originally Posted by moshepark View Post
 

 

990V4s retail for $165 which is a fair price point, IMO, especially when you consider most other miUSA GR NBs retail for $190-$220. You can find them on discount everywhere, though, so if you know where to look you can get 'em for low.

 

I'm sold on the 990V4 - I've seen them in person, seen them enough on feet of friends and fit pics online. They are a dope shoe but definitely an acquired taste. I'm just waiting for the right moment to pull the trigger. I got my eyes on just two pairs, the salmon joints and the original grey color way.

 

Also, I guess I don't mind that they scream "dad shoe" because I'm a dad :D 


It does kinda look like a dad shoe, but the right colorway can help every shoe. I am personally not much of a fan of the grey or salmon ones, but you do you. I'll rep that. I do have a weakness for red, white and blue.....

post #67797 of 67950
Today
Its not a problem until you run out of space
Reply
Its not a problem until you run out of space
Reply
post #67798 of 67950
Quote:

Dads don't even wear these anymore. Mostly see them on seniors (who technically are dad's but...)
post #67799 of 67950
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylbeing View Post

Dads don't even wear these anymore. Mostly see them on seniors (who technically are dad's but...)

990s are the ultimate dad shoe, don't see too many people besides dads rocking them

FS

Size 8 997BK DS

NB x Concepts 997 rivalry pack size 8 VNDS 

NB x Concepts 998 rivalry pack size 8 VNDS 

NB x West NYC 580 size 7.5 9/10

NB x Concepts 998TNY Size 8 VNDS

Reply

FS

Size 8 997BK DS

NB x Concepts 997 rivalry pack size 8 VNDS 

NB x Concepts 998 rivalry pack size 8 VNDS 

NB x West NYC 580 size 7.5 9/10

NB x Concepts 998TNY Size 8 VNDS

Reply
post #67800 of 67950
Quote:
Originally Posted by runners781 View Post


990s are the ultimate dad shoe, don't see too many people besides dads rocking them


This is generally true everywhere except the Philadelphia/DMV area. Philly, D.C., Maryland, Virginia... the 990 is embedded into the culture and it's pretty awesome. @newbalance365 contributed to a great article on Sneaker Freaker mag talking about the phenomenon:

 

https://www.sneakerfreaker.com/articles/dmv-philly-exploring-new-balance-990-obsession/

 

For those of you haven't read it yet, highly recommend it. One of the best write-ups on the 990 I've ever read. 

 

For me this article is just further proof that it's not what you rock, it's how you rock it. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Other Brands
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Kicks › Other Brands › Official New Balance Thread