NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Music › [:: J. COLE THREAD | New Album: '4 Your Eyez Only' DEC. 9::]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[:: J. COLE THREAD | New Album: '4 Your Eyez Only' DEC. 9::] - Page 45

post #1321 of 12523
not on the come up or the warm up, j.cole i got it pimp.gif
post #1322 of 12523
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Alright guys.

Someone put me on to his best work, not including Comeup and Warmup

"American Dreamin" is an unofficial, but it has some tracks worth gathering.
Also:
Knock on Wood
Unabomber
Back to the Topic
Shook Ones
Playground
Gladiators (B.o.B song)
Still The Hottest (Young Chris song)
Beautiful Bliss (Wale song)
"Wide awake chasing my dreams..."
Team Roshe
(0 items)
  
Reply
"Wide awake chasing my dreams..."
Team Roshe
(0 items)
  
Reply
post #1323 of 12523
J.Cole is my favorite artist right now.

Dude is a lyrical monster. smh.gifpimp.gif

He needs to go ahead and do a show in Memphis so I can support.

We need info for his album release date too.
post #1324 of 12523
how could I forget Beautiful Bliss.. sorry WALE, his verse was the highlight of your debut album...
post #1325 of 12523
Not on CU/WU

every song on the warm up to the warm up:
-song for the ville
-in the morning
-show me something
-i'm coming

others:
-i got it
-i really mean it
-the storm (back when he was a teen, sick)

and the other songs that people listed
post #1326 of 12523
post #1327 of 12523
^Great videos and good to learn what influenced Cole.

"Undying Love" is one of my favorite storytelling tracks as well.
post #1328 of 12523
Undying Love smokin.gif Surprised he mentioned that one... Easily one of my favorite story telling tracks of all time.
post #1329 of 12523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman2314


J.Cole 3:16 - Verse 1 from Yours Truly on Vimeo.


J.Cole 3:16 - Verse 2 and 3 from Yours Truly on Vimeo.




Great video JUMPMAN! smokin.gifsmokin.gifsmokin.gif

Oh man "Undying Love" is eek.gifsmile.gif Nasir Jones is light years ahead of cats in rap...
post #1330 of 12523
vids was dope....just hopin him n his team craftin up sumtin borderline classic

the more interviews i see him do the more i feel the album will be well-balanced
post #1331 of 12523
Quote:
Originally Posted by IKnowRap

vids was dope....just hopin him n his team craftin up sumtin borderline classic

the more interviews i see him do the more i feel the album will be well-balanced


I agree and the thing I like best that I am hearing from him as an artists is that he values making SONGS. I think that is a lost art in hip hop right now and I am glad to see he recognizes that is needed.
post #1332 of 12523
Good stuff.
post #1333 of 12523
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMakinMatt

J.Cole Show coming to Los Angeles in May!!!! Will Post details soon!!!!



   Can't wait!
post #1334 of 12523
Finally not banned, but he is doing two shows in Cincinnati today I think I'm going to both.
post #1335 of 12523
^^lol
post #1336 of 12523
Undying Love... Such a great story-telling track.

Can't wait to see J. Cole at Rutgersfest pimp.gif
post #1337 of 12523
Shows were great, Met Cole, Talib, and Hi Tek. Cool people.
post #1338 of 12523
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

I met son a couple of times... f with him HEAVY NH




Going to the mixtape release party @ Le Poisson Rouge...if you're in NYC holla @ me for the details to his release party and i'll send you the email to
rsvp to.





truth
post #1339 of 12523
So J. Cole performed at his Alma Mater and my current humble of joy St Johns this friday and I dont know where to begin. As a student I was a blown away, as a fan I was mesmirized. I havent been to many hip hop concerts but I cant explain how I left speachless. Cole did about 7 songs and a new verse where he talks about messing with a pastors daughter (sick.gif). His mix and match of going on the beat and going acapella was well played, especially since I know a lot of the people there were there to see Ryan Leslie and probably had no idea who J. Cole is.. But the acapella verses allowed the entire crowd to just listen and vibe with him. All his songs were on point but what highlighted the night was his testimonials in between songs where he spoke to the crowd. You could really see the look in his eye that he was just in complete awe, that he had just realized that he reached where he wanted to be, and as he mentioned how the arena had changed and how a couple years back he was one of the students at the spring concert it was almost like cheering for a hometown athlete .

Cole finished his performance with his verse from beautiful bliss and transitioned to his verse on a star is born, what really set me off about the entire concert was that after he was done he didnt even stay for a final applause, almost as if he was too caught up in the moment and really had to excuse himself. I guess his tweet for the night was enough of an explaination



J. Cole wrote:

Sometimes life goes full circle. Peace St. John's

post #1340 of 12523
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofny04

So J. Cole performed at his Alma Mater and my current humble of joy St Johns this friday and I dont know where to begin. As a student I was a blown away, as a fan I was mesmirized. I havent been to many hip hop concerts but I cant explain how I left speachless. Cole did about 7 songs and a new verse where he talks about messing with a pastors daughter (sick.gif). His mix and match of going on the beat and going acapella was well played, especially since I know a lot of the people there were there to see Ryan Leslie and probably had no idea who J. Cole is.. But the acapella verses allowed the entire crowd to just listen and vibe with him. All his songs were on point but what highlighted the night was his testimonials in between songs where he spoke to the crowd. You could really see the look in his eye that he was just in complete awe, that he had just realized that he reached where he wanted to be, and as he mentioned how the arena had changed and how a couple years back he was one of the students at the spring concert it was almost like cheering for a hometown athlete .

Cole finished his performance with his verse from beautiful bliss and transitioned to his verse on a star is born, what really set me off about the entire concert was that after he was done he didnt even stay for a final applause, almost as if he was too caught up in the moment and really had to excuse himself. I guess his tweet for the night was enough of an explaination



J. Cole wrote:

Sometimes life goes full circle. Peace St. John's




thanks for sharing that man real talk
post #1341 of 12523
im still waiting on that cdq of WHO DAT, i heard they are just waiting on sample clearance
post #1342 of 12523
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofny04

You could really see the look in his eye that he was just in complete awe, that he had just realized that he reached where he wanted to be, and as he mentioned how the arena had changed and how a couple years back he was one of the students at the spring concert it was almost like cheering for a hometown athlete .

J. Cole wrote:

Sometimes life goes full circle. Peace St. John's


that's real legit pimp.gifpimp.gifpimp.gif

that's that feeling that everybody wants.
post #1343 of 12523
so j coming to umd cp this week ? whats good with details
post #1344 of 12523
IMPORTKING wrote:
so j coming to umd cp this week ? whats good with details


THIS!
post #1345 of 12523
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoUNg bR3aD

IMPORTKING wrote:
so j coming to umd cp this week ? whats good with details



THIS!
I may pass on this.. dont get out of work at 430..then spend time waiting in line to get "decent" seats...

I would love to go, if someone can help me out with a press pass.
pimp.gif

90401581.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1272301312&Signature=%2BzLAfW36%2BnXuxJ6JUtL5wxDsv1Y%3D
post #1346 of 12523
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofny04

So J. Cole performed at his Alma Mater and my current humble of joy St Johns this friday and I dont know where to begin. As a student I was a blown away, as a fan I was mesmirized. I havent been to many hip hop concerts but I cant explain how I left speachless. Cole did about 7 songs and a new verse where he talks about messing with a pastors daughter (sick.gif). His mix and match of going on the beat and going acapella was well played, especially since I know a lot of the people there were there to see Ryan Leslie and probably had no idea who J. Cole is.. But the acapella verses allowed the entire crowd to just listen and vibe with him. All his songs were on point but what highlighted the night was his testimonials in between songs where he spoke to the crowd. You could really see the look in his eye that he was just in complete awe, that he had just realized that he reached where he wanted to be, and as he mentioned how the arena had changed and how a couple years back he was one of the students at the spring concert it was almost like cheering for a hometown athlete .

Cole finished his performance with his verse from beautiful bliss and transitioned to his verse on a star is born, what really set me off about the entire concert was that after he was done he didnt even stay for a final applause, almost as if he was too caught up in the moment and really had to excuse himself. I guess his tweet for the night was enough of an explaination



J. Cole wrote:

Sometimes life goes full circle. Peace St. John's


pimp.gifpimp.gifpimp.gifpimp.gif
post #1347 of 12523
"Who Dat" CDQ today?
post #1348 of 12523
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

"Who Dat" CDQ today?


nerd.gifnerd.gifnerd.gifnerd.gif
post #1349 of 12523
Took long enough
post #1350 of 12523
can i get a link?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Music › [:: J. COLE THREAD | New Album: '4 Your Eyez Only' DEC. 9::]