Originally Posted by djkaos23
Salmon Alfredo Pasta. (Wheat Pasta).
Working on low calorie/fat alfredo sauce. Once finished I will post pics and recipe.
Well first off i didnt get my home made alfredo sauce done to my liking, i will get it right though. I didnt want to eat late so i use a store bought alfredo sauce. Here we go...
1. Full Circle Organic Penne Wheat Pasta
2. 2 Grilled Blackened Salmon Fillets (No Skin)
3. Bagged Broccoli Florets (just plain ol cut up broccoli)
4. Classico Creamy Alfredo Sauce
5. 2 tbs of unsalted butter (or low fat substitute for butter like smart balance)
6. Seasoning Salt, Paprika, Old Bay seasoning, Tony's creole seasoning (all for Salmon) & Garlic Salt (seasoning for broccoli).
7. Olive Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil (actual oil or spray, I used spray)
First clean your salmon fillets (always clean your meat/fish). Season with season salt, old bay, and tony's seasoning (season to your taste). Whip out the grill and spray with Olive Oil cooking spray. Make sure you spray enough cause you dont want your Salmon to stick to the grill. Boil water in a pot with 1 teaspoon of salt, when it comes to a good boil add your pasta. Once the salmon is done take it off the grill and let it cool. Once cooled cut your salmon up into small pieces/chunks. Pasta should be done by now so remove from stove/pan and drain the water off. Now take the alfredo sauce in the same pan/pot and bring to a light simmer. Now add half of your cut salmon and all of your pasta. Mix/stir well. Now add the rest of your salmon and continue to mix/stir. Now take your broccoli (steamers bagged is the fastest which i used) and microwave for time stated on packaging. After thats steamed open carefully cause it's hotter than a mofo. Add butter, garlic salt and seasoning salt. Shake well to get a even coat. Nw you can add this right to your pasta (I did this) or eat as a side. I wanted garlic bread but i use 2 slices of toasted whole wheat bread with butter and garlic spread (it's in the stores too). Plate and enjoy. Hope I made this clear enough to understand, i kinda rushed cause i have to hit the sack. Here's pics
wahed it down with this