Since we're on the topic of casting... If it was up to you to cast the next Batman project, who would you have in the film (story, main characters, villains, etc).
The film would not have an origin story, I assume everyone knows who Batman is... Parents were killed, trained, became Batman blah blah blah. I would love to see a "one shot" type of film where it felt like just one comic book issue. If you've seen Dredd or Raid: Redemption, it would be awesome to see Batman trapped in Arkam. Loosely based on the game and the book "Arkam Asylum," Batman would be suckered into the Arkam and from there would have to find a way out. I know we'd get to the issue of too many damn villains in a movie but dammit this is my movie .
BATMAN : ARKAM ASYLUM
- Harvey Bullock- Loved his character in the animated series. He wasn't dirty nor was he corrupt. Just a tough rough Gotham city Detective, who is Jim's go to guy. I felt they had a distorted version of him in Batman Begins with Flass but never captured the Bullock character. Odd casting here but good ol' Michael Rooker would be great. We've seen his Merle Dickson in action, so why not let him play Bullock.
I know I may take some heat for this but, No Alfred in the movie (not just yet.) Maybe down the line but for a change we would have Barbara Gordon assisting the Dark Knight.
- Barbara Gordon aka Oracle- It would be nice to see Batman have a sidekick but not Robin just yet. Yes I know it would go against the continuity but we could set up that Robin (Richard Grayson) is Nightwing and isn't in Gotham City but in Bludhaven. When I first saw Emma Stone and her red hair, I immediately thought she would either be great as Mary Jane or Batgirl. She wasn't cast as Mary Jane (big mistake) but with her nearing the end in the Spidey Franchise (spoiler alert) she would be great as Barbara.
- Jim Gordon- Yes we know Gary Oldman was great in his role as commish, he looked and sounded like the guy but new movie means new actor. If Bryan Cranston isn't Lex then I would cast him as Gordon. He was great in the Batman:Year One animated movie and the mans acting skills is top notch.
- Hugo Strange- Would be our main villain in the film. It's certainly a different and fresh villain that we haven't seen portrayed in any of the films. His character would likely play mind games with the Dark Knight. He would eventually be used to tease future villains in the Batman film by flooding Gotham with escaped inmates. Strange would release the gates of villains for Batman to fight (Killer Croc, Zaz, Clay face, etc.) Stanley Tucci would be a great Strange. If you've seen The Terminal, he was the main antagonist in the film and was damn good in it not letting Tom Hanks out. And yes, he is bald
- Batman- The big question, "Who's going to replace Bale?" Of course we would know by the time the project would start due to MOS2. But if I were casting, I'd give the role to George Clooney. If there was ever one role he wishes he could correct it would be that one. In a perfect world Batman and Robin never existed. Great actor and scene stealer in anything he's in, and at the age of 52 years old he's would certainly be an "aged" and "established" Frank Miller-esque Batman. Let's not worry about the age, I think we're getting to the point where the franchise can live under "James Bond" rules. Different actor same character.
And of course it wouldn't be right to have an Arkam/Batman film without one character. The Clown Prince of Crime himself The Joker. I could imagine the film where Strange is constantly telling the guards not to release a "mentally unstable" prisoner from his high security cell... but towards the end of the film we see a pair of white hands with green finger nails clutch the cell bars and gently pushes it to see that he has been released by Harley Quinn. No actors would be cast just yet, just a set up for the next film.
Certainly these aren't the only actors I'd want in the film but these would be the main players.
Edited by KneeKnow - 8/11/13 at 12:52am