NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions. - Page 428

post #12811 of 77343

thank god the Jays are starting to turn it around...

whether it's too late is another question.

 

Good to see Jose Reyes coming back this wk tho

formerly known as Copp 2 of Em

 

... From the City of Toronto.

Reply

formerly known as Copp 2 of Em

 

... From the City of Toronto.

Reply
post #12812 of 77343
Speaking of the Jays, why is RA Dickey so bad this year?
post #12813 of 77343

^ Velocity is down.  Control has been erratic.

 

Proshares posted this article a few days ago.


Edited by Freddie Black - 6/22/13 at 12:06pm
post #12814 of 77343

Longoria absolutely owns Sabathia. Not sure if these numbers are already included or not, but he has homered, doubled, been IBB'd today too.

 

IBB'd to load the bases to face Wil Myers... and of course he hits a grand slam lol

 

 

PITCHER AB H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO AVG OBP SLG OPS
CC Sabathia       45     16      3        0        5         9         11      4        .356       .491       .756     1.247
 
                       

Edited by Jewbacca - 6/22/13 at 12:10pm
post #12815 of 77343
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJs07 View Post

Speaking of the Jays, why is RA Dickey so bad this year?

Dickey has said he has minor back injury that has prevented him from throwing his hard knuckle ball. 

post #12816 of 77343
post #12817 of 77343
If you guys want to listen to the absolute worst broadcast team watch an Angels game. As if watching them this year isn't torture enough, they trot out Victor Rojas and Mark Gubizca.

Rojas is just behind Joe Buck in the list of asshole broadcasters who think they know everything.

Gubizca isn't THAT bad but he's still not good. Every other sentence is "you gotta think along the lines of...."


Give me Physioc and Rex back. Rex might've been an idiot but he was an entertaining idiot. I catch myself watching Royals game on MLB.tv just to hear those two call the game laugh.gif
post #12818 of 77343
10 in a row:smokin. nice to see a buzz back in the city
post #12819 of 77343
robert ford and steve sparks are the worst radio duo ever. i hate them.
Houston Rockets | Houston Texans | Houston Astros | Texas Aggies
Reply
Houston Rockets | Houston Texans | Houston Astros | Texas Aggies
Reply
post #12820 of 77343
Quote:
Originally Posted by do work son View Post

robert ford and steve sparks are the worst radio duo ever. i hate them.

Both guys are new to the booth. I'll give them them a free pass this year before deciding they suck.
post #12821 of 77343
College buddy's younger bro apparently got drafted by the Yanks in the 5th round.

Last name, Palladino. Pitcher.
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
Reply
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
Reply
post #12822 of 77343
P.J. Walters' outing against the Indians: 0.2 innings+ (46 pitches, 18 strikes), one hit, six earned runs, five walks, zero strikeouts, hit batter.
post #12823 of 77343
My God, Jay Bruce is on fire.

Can't believe Gibson took out Corbin and went to Bell again.
REDS/WILDCATS/BENGALS
NTWT
Reply
REDS/WILDCATS/BENGALS
NTWT
Reply
post #12824 of 77343

Since June 17, 2012:

 

Pitcher A - 33 GS 228.2 IP 19 W - 9 L 242 K (9.52 K/9) 3.07 ERA 1.21 WHIP

Pitcher B - 34 GS 220.2 IP 22 W - 3 L 265 K (10.8 K/9) 2.77 ERA 1.00 WHIP

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

A - Verlander

B - Scherzer ain't worried 'bout nothin'. smokin.gif

post #12825 of 77343
Hey, I knew that without the spoiler.

Yeah, Player B has been good for a few minutes. It's the "third guy" on that staff I'm having more of a hard time believing is as good as he's pitched so far.
post #12826 of 77343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie Black View Post

Since June 17, 2012:

Pitcher A - 33 GS 228.2 IP 19 W - 9 L 242 K (9.52 K/9) 3.07 ERA 1.21 WHIP
Pitcher B - 34 GS 220.2 IP 22 W - 3 L 265 K (10.8 K/9) 2.77 ERA 1.00 WHIP
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
A - Verlander
B - Scherzer ain't worried 'bout nothin'. smokin.gif

Scherzer 23 more Ks in 8 less innings. That's pretty disgusting.

I hate getting into player A vs player B arguments, but people should be realizing just how good Scherzer is.
post #12827 of 77343
As a fan of the Astros, this makes me so sad.

post #12828 of 77343
I miss Gary Thorne on NHL broadcasts laugh.gif

This may be the dodger fan in me, but by far the worst is Jon miller and joe Morgan. Millers overprononciation of Latin/Hispanic names sick.gif
post #12829 of 77343
Gary Thorne was on ESPN again tonight? Missed it...Damn.

I like Jon Miller though. Soothing voice.
VIKINGS | TIMBERWOLVES | TWINS | MARINERS | HUSKIES | SHARKS
Reply
VIKINGS | TIMBERWOLVES | TWINS | MARINERS | HUSKIES | SHARKS
Reply
post #12830 of 77343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland View Post

Hey, I knew that without the spoiler.

Yeah, Player B has been good for a few minutes. It's the "third guy" on that staff I'm having more of a hard time believing is as good as he's pitched so far.

Porcello is a straight up liability.

*Might be some fireworks in the O's/Jays game today....
post #12831 of 77343

So this Gerrit Cole kid pitch a little, huh?

post #12832 of 77343
Some more embarrassing Dan Haren stats:

If you take out Dan Haren's starts the Nationals are 33-26 (.559 winning percentage or .07 lower than the Barves).

The Nats starter ERA is a very respectable 3.55 on the season. Without Dan Haren that number drops to 2.97.

The Nats have a -55 run differential in Haren starts. Our run differential in non-Haren starts is +26.

mean.gif glad Mike Rizzo didn't realize the Angels let him dip for a reason and went on to sign him for $13 mill...he's gotta be hurt or it's curtains for his career.
post #12833 of 77343

Damn skippy....as a bucco fan I been waiting a while for the day he made his start and he hasn't let us down yet. Hes only gonna get better with more experience.

 

Can't wait for taillon to get called up to the big leagues now.

post #12834 of 77343
Quote:
Originally Posted by madj55 View Post

Some more embarrassing Dan Haren stats:

If you take out Dan Haren's starts the Nationals are 33-26 (.559 winning percentage or .07 lower than the Barves).

The Nats starter ERA is a very respectable 3.55 on the season. Without Dan Haren that number drops to 2.97.

The Nats have a -55 run differential in Haren starts. Our run differential in non-Haren starts is +26.

mean.gif glad Mike Rizzo didn't realize the Angels let him dip for a reason and went on to sign him for $13 mill...he's gotta be hurt or it's curtains for his career.

ESPN MLB - Nationals P Dan Haren (4-9, 6.15 ERA) will be placed on 15-day DL with undisclosed injury, GM Mike Rizzo told reporters

LOL

I'm sure he's "injured". I love when pitchers go on the DL cause they suck.
post #12835 of 77343
but..but..but.. i'm sure dan haren will bounce back!!!
Houston Rockets | Houston Texans | Houston Astros | Texas Aggies
Reply
Houston Rockets | Houston Texans | Houston Astros | Texas Aggies
Reply
post #12836 of 77343
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCuse7 View Post

So this Gerrit Cole kid pitch a little, huh?

Cole is an interesting case because his strikeout numbers don't match his plus stuff. He's still gonna be very good though cause its not exactly easy to square up 98.

The Pirates have a deep quality pitching staff as is, but I wonder if they'll call up Tallion this year. He could have an immediate impact.

I think this gonna be the year the pirates actually finish over .500 lol
post #12837 of 77343
Quote:
Originally Posted by do work son View Post

but..but..but.. i'm sure dan haren will bounce back!!!

laugh.gif laugh.gif

 

He's on too good a team to not fall into 15 wins.

post #12838 of 77343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewbacca View Post

Cole is an interesting case because his strikeout numbers don't match his plus stuff. He's still gonna be very good though cause its not exactly easy to square up 98.

The Pirates have a deep quality pitching staff as is, but I wonder if they'll call up Tallion this year. He could have an immediate impact.

I think this gonna be the year the pirates actually finish over .500 lol

Yea his strike out numbers are down they was in triple a too but he gets quick outs which should put him deep in the game, he was hitting 101 on the radar on Friday.

Taillon will most likely get called up next season as long as he continues to be efficient
post #12839 of 77343
miguel cabrera is *on pace* to have a statistically better season than he did last year in HR and RBI. as far as BA he's hitting 368 (last year he hit 330) so that's something to watch.

point being, he might not win the triple crown because chris davis is dropping bombs left and right laugh.gif

but the triple crown isn't a little overrated? grin.gif
Houston Rockets | Houston Texans | Houston Astros | Texas Aggies
Reply
Houston Rockets | Houston Texans | Houston Astros | Texas Aggies
Reply
post #12840 of 77343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie Black View Post

laugh.giflaugh.gif

He's on too good a team to not fall into 15 wins.

Really? His 5.72 ERA mixed with one of the worst offenses in baseball doesn't sound like 15 wins to me.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions.