NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions. - Page 482

post #14431 of 77278
sick.gif

get better, tim
Boston Bruins | New England Patriots | Boston Red Sox | Georgetown Hoyas | Michigan Wolverines |
Arsenal FC | Huevos Rancheros Hockey | USMNT
Reply
Boston Bruins | New England Patriots | Boston Red Sox | Georgetown Hoyas | Michigan Wolverines |
Arsenal FC | Huevos Rancheros Hockey | USMNT
Reply
post #14432 of 77278
Puig scores from first on a base hit that bounced off the turf and over Colby Rasmus's head. Tough blown save for Janssen.
post #14433 of 77278
Quote:
Originally Posted by madj55 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 651akathePaul View Post

I said it last year...You should never EVER take the next season for granted. Who knows?...They may never have a better shot at the WS than they did last year.
Yeah because Strasburg pitching would've helped Drew Storen not pull the biggest choke job in DC sports history eyes.gif I'm not saying Strasburg wouldn't have helped, but if you actually watched his last couple of starts it's obvious that he was gassed at the end of the year. Of course, him gassed is probably better than that performance Edwin Jackson gave us in Game 3 mean.gif

You cannot go by what happened because if Strasburg is available then the entire course of their postseason may have been different. Whether that be for the better or not. Point is simple...They sat him to preserve him for the future, but you're not guaranteed another shot. Last year was as good a shot as any, so you play your best players. You don't have to agree with me that things would've been different, because that's not the point and we will never know .It's the philosophy of the decision that I disagree with.
VIKINGS | TIMBERWOLVES | TWINS | MARINERS | HUSKIES | SHARKS
Reply
VIKINGS | TIMBERWOLVES | TWINS | MARINERS | HUSKIES | SHARKS
Reply
post #14434 of 77278
Tim frown.gif
A T H L E T I C S | U C L A | L A K E R S | R A I D E R S

Reply
A T H L E T I C S | U C L A | L A K E R S | R A I D E R S

Reply
post #14435 of 77278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewbacca View Post

Puig scores from first on a base hit that bounced off the turf and over Colby Rasmus's head. Tough blown save for Janssen.

mean.gif at Colby Rasmus not knowing the situation.

Tim Hudson. Ouch sick.gif
post #14436 of 77278
Holy mother of God.. eek.gif

Nobody ever post that .gif again. sick.gifsick.gif
post #14437 of 77278
Tim Hudson to have surgery on that broken ankle. Wish him a speedy recovery.

We've been hit with the injury bug for the last couple of weeks, especially on our starting rotation mean.gif
post #14438 of 77278
that hudson injury was tough to watch sick.giftired.gif
post #14439 of 77278
Quote:
Originally Posted by 651akathePaul View Post

You cannot go by what happened because if Strasburg is available then the entire course of their postseason may have been different. Whether that be for the better or not. Point is simple...They sat him to preserve him for the future, but you're not guaranteed another shot. Last year was as good a shot as any, so you play your best players. You don't have to agree with me that things would've been different, because that's not the point and we will never know .It's the philosophy of the decision that I disagree with.


Definitely agree. Nats fans still have to be bothered by this

A little help Giants, jeez laugh.gifmean.gif
TEAM ECONOMICS

From Smith to Friedman, we know what's up


Official Member of the Steeler Nation
IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII Champions
Reply
TEAM ECONOMICS

From Smith to Friedman, we know what's up


Official Member of the Steeler Nation
IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII Champions
Reply
post #14440 of 77278
Good luck asking for help from the Giants. We'll be lucky to win another game.
post #14441 of 77278
LOL @ all of y'all complaining about your teams. I'm a diehard Astros fan. Just think about how miserable I am at the moment.
post #14442 of 77278
Quote:
Originally Posted by 651akathePaul View Post

You cannot go by what happened because if Strasburg is available then the entire course of their postseason may have been different. Whether that be for the better or not. Point is simple...They sat him to preserve him for the future, but you're not guaranteed another shot. Last year was as good a shot as any, so you play your best players. You don't have to agree with me that things would've been different, because that's not the point and we will never know .It's the philosophy of the decision that I disagree with.
Agree to disagree. You protect your players that you expect to be cornerstones of your franchise. Strasburg is having a better year this year than he was last year, the difference is the team can't hit.
post #14443 of 77278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewbacca View Post

LOL @ all of y'all complaining about your teams. I'm a diehard Astros fan. Just think about how miserable I am at the moment.

 

laugh.gif

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFxBxTfbC8N4gxQhxFhv1r6w6VQSZ6Y3ofJbCG0AWYSNic4xeY

post #14444 of 77278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewbacca View Post

LOL @ all of y'all complaining about your teams. I'm a diehard Astros fan. Just think about how miserable I am at the moment.
What's harder? The Astros losing 100 games back to back seasons, or pirates not having a winning record or postseason berth since '92?
post #14445 of 77278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewbacca View Post

LOL @ all of y'all complaining about your teams. I'm a diehard Astros fan. Just think about how miserable I am at the moment.
But you're team didn't have expectations, that's the difference. When the Nats were cellar dwellers from 07-10 I was never too miserable because I didn't really expect anything except for players to develop. Watching this years team is much more frustrating than those teams to me.
post #14446 of 77278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion View Post

What's harder? The Astros losing 100 games back to back seasons, or pirates not having a winning record or postseason berth since '92?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madj55 View Post

But you're team didn't have expectations, that's the difference. When the Nats were cellar dwellers from 07-10 I was never too miserable because I didn't really expect anything except for players to develop. Watching this years team is much more frustrating than those teams to me.

Very valid points.
post #14447 of 77278
Only reason Pirates fans have survived are:

Steelers are good
Penguins are good
Ballpark is ridiculous
Cheapest beer in any stadium

Seriously laugh.gif
TEAM ECONOMICS

From Smith to Friedman, we know what's up


Official Member of the Steeler Nation
IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII Champions
Reply
TEAM ECONOMICS

From Smith to Friedman, we know what's up


Official Member of the Steeler Nation
IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII Champions
Reply
post #14448 of 77278
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmxfury View Post

Only reason Pirates fans have survived are:

Steelers are good
Penguins are good
Ballpark is ridiculous
Cheapest beer in any stadium

Seriously laugh.gif

I couldn't believe all the Pirates fans that were here this past weekend. I think I saw more last weekend than I have total in my 24 years. laugh.gif
REDS/WILDCATS/BENGALS
NTWT
Reply
REDS/WILDCATS/BENGALS
NTWT
Reply
post #14449 of 77278
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmxfury View Post

Only reason Pirates fans have survived are:

Steelers are good
Penguins are good
Ballpark is ridiculous
Cheapest beer in any stadium

Seriously laugh.gif

 

That or some of us actually like baseball and are still lucky to have a team after that many losing seasons.

 

<<<<<die hard fan always and forever glasses.gif

 

valid points tho lol

post #14450 of 77278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewbacca View Post


Very valid points.
You've got a good manager in Bo Porter and the fire the Astros play with should be very encouraging if I were a fan. The team is on the right track for sure.
post #14451 of 77278
Good for you SC, you are like my bro. Huge baseball and Pirate fan above all else. I'll take hockey any day of the week smokin.gif
TEAM ECONOMICS

From Smith to Friedman, we know what's up


Official Member of the Steeler Nation
IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII Champions
Reply
TEAM ECONOMICS

From Smith to Friedman, we know what's up


Official Member of the Steeler Nation
IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII Champions
Reply
post #14452 of 77278
Quote:
Originally Posted by madj55 View Post

You've got a good manager in Bo Porter and the fire the Astros play with should be very encouraging if I were a fan. The team is on the right track for sure.

Wow something positive said about the Astros. Right track in terms of baseball means 3-5 years until your decent to good unfortunately.

Went to the first Rangers at Astros series at Minute Maid Park, only to have our new rivals (no longer the Cardinals) and Darvish pitch 8 and 2/3 innings of perfect ball. Still can't believed I stayed all the way through and cheered/hollered so hard for that last hit to be hit.
Team ROSHE
(0 items)
  
Reply
Team ROSHE
(0 items)
  
Reply
post #14453 of 77278
Wait 105 years, then call me. mean.gif

Junior Lake, 14 hits in 6 games. This is a thing.
MIAMI DOLPHINS
LA LAKERS
CHICAGO CUBS
MIAMI HURRICANES
Reply
MIAMI DOLPHINS
LA LAKERS
CHICAGO CUBS
MIAMI HURRICANES
Reply
post #14454 of 77278
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACBboyz84 View Post

MLB. Where cheating players takes roid and still get paid. Glad im not a baseball fan.

No! We're glad you're not a baseball fan.





Sincerely everybody In this thread
Edited by JumpmanFromDaBay - 7/25/13 at 3:02am
post #14455 of 77278
laugh.gif, Bonds had a longer career, wonder how that happened, laugh.gif

Griffey>Bonds

Ill take Griffeys injury plagued and unaided 630hr career over Barroids 753*. Plus Griffeys glove in Seattle, no contest.

Best player you ever saw is kind of a subjective statement and personally it wasn't BALCO Bonds.
Instagram: backyardlobo
Reply
Instagram: backyardlobo
Reply
post #14456 of 77278
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo View Post

laugh.gif, Bonds had a longer career, wonder how that happened, laugh.gif

Griffey>Bonds

Ill take Griffeys injury plagued and unaided 630hr career over Barroids 753*. Plus Griffeys glove in Seattle, no contest.

Best player you ever saw is kind of a subjective statement and personally it wasn't BALCO Bonds.

This is the baseball logic that drives me crazy. How do you know Griffey was clean? In the steroid era I think it's a bold assumption to assume anyone is clean. It is basically selective enforcement. For example some HOF voters want to drag Bagwell's name through the steroid mud. No positive tests, no paper trail and the dude had an insane work ethic in the gym. Why is it fair to assume player X used steroids and player Y didn't?

There is no way concrete way to know someone used steroids without a positive test. It is a logical fallacy to assume steroid innocence or that someone is guilty in the steroid era of baseball.

Since you can't factually say who used and who didn't throughout the league, these random assumption about (insert player name) become a moral argument as opposed to a factual/logical one. All numbers must be viewed on an equal level due to the uncertainty of who used and what effect steroids actually have.

Do I think Barry Bonds used steroids? Yes. Do I care that Barry Bonds or anyone else used steroids? No. Just as a guideline, in Canseco's book, he claimed that 85% of the MLB population had used steroids. While that number is extremely high and impossible to confirm, it sheds light on just how wide steroid usage was throughout the league.

To wrap this up, I'm gonna say what I always say. Am I supposed to villainize Bonds for producing, but not care about Greg Zaun and Todd Pratt (Mitchell Report names) because they weren't very good? Whether someone used steroids or not, all numbers must be taken at their face value because you truly don't know who was/wasn't using and the true effects of steroid usage. It's the only way to keep an argument factual and logical.
post #14457 of 77278
^ we don't know if Griffey used anything. His name was never brought up, didn't have the build of a user. He might have but I personally don't think he did. We know for a fact that Barry did.
post #14458 of 77278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewbacca View Post


Awful argument, but just for the sake of giving it to you, I'm still taking Ken Griffey Jr

His 96-99 years were insane. It kind of sucks that when people say "the best I ever saw, they often look at an entire career as opposed to the best they ever saw". Another example is Albert Pujols, St. Louis Cardinals Pujols was one of the best offensive players I've ever seen, now Angels Pujols is a complete shell of his former self, and it's only going to get worse.

Example: Grant Hill was one of the best basketball players I've ever seen, all around beast, unfortunately his career was derailed due to the devastating ankle injury he sustained. Prior to that, triple double machine.

Career wise, based on numbers, Bonds is the GOAT... however, we all know those numbers come with an *
Instagram: backyardlobo
Reply
Instagram: backyardlobo
Reply
post #14459 of 77278
As smooth of a play you'll ever see in the field...

Rays are something else....

AL East is murder.
post #14460 of 77278
No matter how fat he gets, his arm and hands are so he good he can stay a plus fielder.
Instagram. | just my art and photography. #NT will follow back. Also Flickr.
Reply
Instagram. | just my art and photography. #NT will follow back. Also Flickr.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions.