NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions. - Page 486

post #14551 of 77305
Chapman coming in and throwing 102 sick.gif
MLB Los Angeles Dodgers
NFL Denver Broncos
NBA Los Angeles Lakers
USC Trojans
Reply
MLB Los Angeles Dodgers
NFL Denver Broncos
NBA Los Angeles Lakers
USC Trojans
Reply
post #14552 of 77305
Quote:
Originally Posted by erupt107th View Post

He didn't even admit it tho. All he said is "I'm not perfect".

And the only reason he went that far is because there wasn't a chance to get away with it this time. Trust me, if he had the opportunity to get someonw else fired and get away with it he would have done it in a heartbeat.

No one is ever sorry using just sorry for getting caught.
post #14553 of 77305
dude has a cannon.

He nearly decapitated Swisher like a month or 2 ago
O-H-I-O

CAVALIERS - INDIANS - BROWNS - BUCKEYES
Reply
O-H-I-O

CAVALIERS - INDIANS - BROWNS - BUCKEYES
Reply
post #14554 of 77305
Hmm...Mariners...Pretty good.
VIKINGS | TIMBERWOLVES | TWINS | MARINERS | HUSKIES | SHARKS
Reply
VIKINGS | TIMBERWOLVES | TWINS | MARINERS | HUSKIES | SHARKS
Reply
post #14555 of 77305
Bonds is the GOAT
Aggies Spurs
Reply
Aggies Spurs
Reply
post #14556 of 77305
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo View Post

Quote:
Happy Birthday to the greatest hitter and overall baseball player that any of you have ever seen in your lifetime.

Ken Griffey Jr's bday today, didn't 'eeem know smokin.gif
post #14557 of 77305
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***a5in11 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by do work son View Post

when yall stop clinging onto the notion that some of your players were DEFINITELY clean in an era of roided up baseball, things will go a lot smoother. "griffey's numbers were better because he wasn't on roids!". LOL at these narratives yall write. bonds numbers > griffeys numbers. there is no disputing that with fact. what if tomorrow, griffey comes out and admits he used roids which led to the breakdown of his body? what happens to your argument then?

this whole what if thing is stupid.
bonds was on HGH griffey wasnt

so you say. you can't prove that he never used steroids. not only can you not prove who DEFINITELY used and didn't use, and you can actually quantify the effects of using vs not using, this whole argument is moot.

i definitely think bonds used roids, but i can't prove he did. but what if on some magical list that comes out has a bunch of pitchers bonds face and hit bombs off of? then what? people make the bonds the villain because it's easy to. he carries himself with a holier than thou attitude towards the media, and they guide perception of a player. people refuse to believe griffey ever used PEDs because it's so easy for him to be a fan favorite. beautiful swing, awesome video game during my childhood, flipping his hat backwards during the HR derby. griffey is "cool" and that's why people want to believe he used, even if he actually did.

case and point, andy pettite admitted to using. and not one soul gives a single damn because he's a somewhat likeable guy.
Houston Rockets | Houston Texans | Houston Astros | Texas Aggies
Reply
Houston Rockets | Houston Texans | Houston Astros | Texas Aggies
Reply
post #14558 of 77305
West coast, please defeat the Reds. Freaking rolling right now
TEAM ECONOMICS

From Smith to Friedman, we know what's up


Official Member of the Steeler Nation
IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII Champions
Reply
TEAM ECONOMICS

From Smith to Friedman, we know what's up


Official Member of the Steeler Nation
IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII Champions
Reply
post #14559 of 77305
Can't lose 3/4 to the Royals...you just can't. To say this weekend's series vs. the Sox is pivotal, is an understatement. They have to sweep. No other way around it. O's bats have been Zzzzzzzz....TURN IT AROUND!
post #14560 of 77305
Mets need to get on red hot if they have any chance at salvaging this season...Mejia making his season debut tonight, excited to see what the kid can bring to the table.
post #14561 of 77305
Soriano to the Yankees official. pimp.gif

All the free spending from the past is gone. Farm system is back in good shape. Now the real work begins.


I hated his contract, but I really did enjoy having Soriano the past 6 years or so. Good luck to him in NY.
MIAMI DOLPHINS
LA LAKERS
CHICAGO CUBS
MIAMI HURRICANES
Reply
MIAMI DOLPHINS
LA LAKERS
CHICAGO CUBS
MIAMI HURRICANES
Reply
post #14562 of 77305
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg View Post

Mets need to get on red hot if they have any chance at salvaging this season...Mejia making his season debut tonight, excited to see what the kid can bring to the table.

Salvaging is having a winning season imo, not necessarily making the playoffs (even though nobody has run away with it yet).

Only two teams have played better than the Mets the past month, which is good to see. Love the pitching.
post #14563 of 77305
Jay IMO you are looking for an argument that pretty much isn't there...

1. Braun should get zero praise right now. Zero. That is at least as we stand today.
2. Braun did not admit to anything. He did the end-around and here is word for word what he has said: "As I have acknowledged in the past, I am not perfect," Braun said in a statement. "I realize now that I have made some mistakes. I am willing to accept the consequences of those actions." That is a lame one and he is saying he realizes "now." Like he just woke up that day and goes "Wow you know what, MLB has opened my eyes I really did drug up during that playoff run. Wow I had no idea." That's juvenile.
3. Everyone is going to destroy Braun right now 50% because he used (the media's job) and 50% because he looks like such a fool for his previous actions (the public's job).
4. Braun is not one of the only ones to admit to usage. Although many were flimsy admittals, Mark McGwire now has, Brian Roberts has, Eric Gagne has, Rocker has, Knoblach has, Pettite has, Canseco has, the Giambi brothers have, Rick Ankiel has, Melky Cabrera has, ARod has, Sheffield has ('unintended usage') Wally Joyner has, and Bonds basically did under oath.
Edited by RyGuy45 - 7/26/13 at 11:52am
post #14564 of 77305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie Black View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dland24 View Post

Too bad Saltalamacchia was safe, but this was AWESOME!

9353780591_d0900418e1_o.gif

(getting an error message.  can someone embed?)
Replaced it with a less grainy version.

Torres has been sick.  30.1 IP 0.30 ERA 8 H 37 K.

That's a 4.6 K to HIT ratio. sick.gif

pimp.gif

Epstein working. pimp.gif
SanFrancisco49ers
Reply
SanFrancisco49ers
Reply
post #14565 of 77305
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmxfury View Post

West coast, please defeat the Reds. Freaking rolling right now

Ya Dodgers came out flat last night but it'll be a great series the rest of the weekend.
MLB Los Angeles Dodgers
NFL Denver Broncos
NBA Los Angeles Lakers
USC Trojans
Reply
MLB Los Angeles Dodgers
NFL Denver Broncos
NBA Los Angeles Lakers
USC Trojans
Reply
post #14566 of 77305
Reds are on a tear!
post #14567 of 77305
Dodgers just got back from an east coast trip so coming out flat isn't a surprise. This could be a preview of the NLCS. Go reds!
post #14568 of 77305
Lots of good baseball everywhere, seems like a lot of games have had good pitchers matchups pimp.gif
MLB Los Angeles Dodgers
NFL Denver Broncos
NBA Los Angeles Lakers
USC Trojans
Reply
MLB Los Angeles Dodgers
NFL Denver Broncos
NBA Los Angeles Lakers
USC Trojans
Reply
post #14569 of 77305
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJs07 View Post

Can't lose 3/4 to the Royals...you just can't. To say this weekend's series vs. the Sox is pivotal, is an understatement. They have to sweep. No other way around it. O's bats have been Zzzzzzzz....TURN IT AROUND!

Such a frustrating series. Swept Texas, only to turn around and drop 3 to the likes of KC. By now the rest of the league has done their homework on Manny and Crush- they'll have to make the adjustment if this team has any chance of making a run for the division. Still 1/2 game clear for that WC spot.

Like the K-Rod deal - O'Day has really had to carry the load on those high-leverage innings.




PED talk is so dull. Bonds >>>>>>>> Griffey Jr., though.
post #14570 of 77305
isn't K-Rod trash?
@RazorRamon_
Reply
@RazorRamon_
Reply
post #14571 of 77305
nats smh
post #14572 of 77305
Got tickets to the game tonight...idk if I even wanna go anymore. Probably will end up going cause there's a good chance Harvey makes baseball history and strikes out 20 while tossing a perfect game mean.gif
post #14573 of 77305
Quote:
Originally Posted by CertifiedFlyBoi23 View Post

isn't K-Rod trash?

Nah. He was off for a long while there, but he stopped throwing his slider and has been pretty good since. That said, pitching in the NL Central is more than a little different than pitching in the AL East. And he has a high fly ball rate which could lead to trouble (like it did last night).
post #14574 of 77305
Double header sweep would be nice today Mets. pimp.gif

Mejia looked great today.
post #14575 of 77305
It would be so awesome if Mitch Williams was fired from MLB Network.
post #14576 of 77305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewbacca View Post

It would be so awesome if Mitch Williams and Peter Gammons were fired from MLB Network.

Fixed
post #14577 of 77305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewbacca View Post

It would be so awesome if Mitch Williams was fired from MLB Network.
It would! I can't stand that jittery fool.
post #14578 of 77305
mejia looked great in the mets first game of their double header smokin.gif

murphy with 2 HR's as well nthat.gif
post #14579 of 77305
Surprised none of the OFers on the Red Sox haven't tried to kick Lackey's *** in the clubhouse.
post #14580 of 77305


Great game!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions.