NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions. - Page 488

post #14611 of 77297

Pujols could be done for the year.  mean.gif  I don't know why they didn't just DL him before the ASB.

post #14612 of 77297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie Black View Post

Pujols could be done for the year.  mean.gif   I don't know why they didn't just DL him before the ASB.

He pretty much refused to go on the DL lol

He said the team needed him.
post #14613 of 77297
Josh Johnson is terrible.

Can't even blame it on the velocity.
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
Reply
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
Reply
post #14614 of 77297
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampCruThik View Post

Josh Johnson is terrible.

Can't even blame it on the velocity.

Taking a shot at the Astros?
post #14615 of 77297
Bringing the heat.

post #14616 of 77297
Clap you up in both our normal and throwback uni's sick.gifpimp.gifpimp.gif
A T H L E T I C S | U C L A | L A K E R S | R A I D E R S

Reply
A T H L E T I C S | U C L A | L A K E R S | R A I D E R S

Reply
post #14617 of 77297
pujols basically going down that griffey career path. mean.gif
post #14618 of 77297
And Beltre K's in his first at-bat to end the streak lol
post #14619 of 77297
Quote:
And Beltre K's in his first at-bat to end the streak lol
Yahtzee.
post #14620 of 77297
Darvish with 9Ks through 4 innings... On 76 pitches.
post #14621 of 77297
That's my guy.

Love the 'Stros, BTW.
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
Reply
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
Reply
post #14622 of 77297
The problem I have with this argument you are all having with OKB is this. He shows statistical evidence that it helps far less than the common belief. Then the typical rebuttal is that it helps with recovery and other ways that dont show up statistically. Well, those other ways are NOT what the major problem people have with steroids users. Its the stats.

People hate steroid users because they think it allows players to hit homeruns. Then as soon as statistical evidence is shown that steroids dont necessarily help as much as the common assumption, then the argument shifts to recovery time.

I know recovery time is related to being able to stay on the field, but that is NOT what the overwhelming majority of baseball fans have issues with when it comes to steroid use.
post #14623 of 77297

Tampa's starters during this run have been downright dirty.

 

d3Tgi1U.jpg

post #14624 of 77297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie Black View Post

Tampa's starters during this run have been downright dirty.

d3Tgi1U.jpg

Yawn. The only good teams they've played in that stretch are the Red Sox and Tigers. They've beat up on the Blue Jays, Astros, White Sox, Yankees, and Twins

Still great numbers though.
post #14625 of 77297
sick.gif took Darvish 123 pitches to get through 6 innings lol

Drew Stubbs is pathetic at the plate sick.gif
post #14626 of 77297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewbacca View Post

The only good teams they've played in that stretch are the Red Sox and Tigers. They've beat up on the Blue Jays, Astros, White Sox, Yankees, and Twins

No doubt, I'll give you that.  Except the Jays have sucked because of their starting pitching; their lineup is no cakewalk.  Top 10 in wOBA and wRC+.  Rank in the bottom third in K% and top third in BB%.  Only the Orioles have a higher ISO.

post #14627 of 77297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie Black View Post

No doubt, I'll give you that.  Except the Jays have sucked because of their starting pitching; their lineup is no cakewalk.  Top 10 in wOBA and wRC+.  Rank in the bottom third in K% and top third in BB%.  Only the Orioles have a higher ISO.

Using facts in an argument in this thread. Repped lol
post #14628 of 77297
Chris Sale is turning into James Shields and Jeff Samardzija for run support.

Watching his pitch count carefully.
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
Reply
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
Reply
post #14629 of 77297
David Ortiz has just lost it. He's hacking at things in the dugout with his bat. One of the best meltdowns in a longtime. Gif will be added ASAP haha
post #14630 of 77297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewbacca View Post

David Ortiz has just lost it. He's hacking at things in the dugout with his bat. One of the best meltdowns in a longtime. Gif will be added ASAP haha

laugh.gif Backstory?
post #14631 of 77297
Quote:
Originally Posted by LB510 View Post

laugh.gif Backstory?

3-0 pitch, he was walking out of the box before the pitch had even got to the plate. Pitch was boarder line up in the zone, got called a strike and he wasn't happy. Then he struck out chasing a pitch and just lost it haha
post #14632 of 77297
Leyland takes Scherzer out with a big lead after 6 innings, 75 pitches, and 1 hit allowed. In the same situation, Washington would have left Darvish out there to throw 110+ pitches lol

It's the little things like this that go unnoticed of the course of a long season that could make a huge difference down the stretch.
post #14633 of 77297
This dude Ortiz laugh.gif

Dat rage nerd.gif
Team Boston {since 1990}
Reply
Team Boston {since 1990}
Reply
post #14634 of 77297

 Pedroia feared for his life. laugh.gif

 

794564046.gif?1374976733

 

R.I.P. Dugout Phone :(

post #14635 of 77297
I know David Ortiz lost weight but damn he is really skinny.
Instagram. | just my art and photography. #NT will follow back. Also Flickr.
Reply
Instagram. | just my art and photography. #NT will follow back. Also Flickr.
Reply
post #14636 of 77297
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewbacca View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie Black View Post

No doubt, I'll give you that.  Except the Jays have sucked because of their starting pitching; their lineup is no cakewalk.  Top 10 in wOBA and wRC+.  Rank in the bottom third in K% and top third in BB%.  Only the Orioles have a higher ISO.

Using facts in an argument in this thread. Repped lol

FB comes across as one of those who always know what he's talking about pimp.gif

Cleveland, robbing Scheppers then breaking Beltre's streak.

I know it's probably too late for this year but how much is MLB.tv total? Do you get use of the app and PS3 app as part of the deal?

Champ, I'm shocked Sale has lasted this long.
post #14637 of 77297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proshares View Post

FB comes across as one of those who always know what he's talking about pimp.gif

Cleveland, robbing Scheppers then breaking Beltre's streak.

I know it's probably too late for this year but how much is MLB.tv total? Do you get use of the app and PS3 app as part of the deal?

Champ, I'm shocked Sale has lasted this long.

With premium you have access to use it on the PS3 and the app. It was around $120 when the season started, but I'm sure it's much cheaper than that now.

Edit: it's $80 now.
post #14638 of 77297
ortiz roll.gif
post #14639 of 77297
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewbacca View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proshares View Post

FB comes across as one of those who always know what he's talking about pimp.gif

Cleveland, robbing Scheppers then breaking Beltre's streak.

I know it's probably too late for this year but how much is MLB.tv total? Do you get use of the app and PS3 app as part of the deal?

Champ, I'm shocked Sale has lasted this long.

With premium you have access to use it on the PS3 and the app. It was around $120 when the season started, but I'm sure it's much cheaper than that now.

Edit: it's $80 now.

Good looks!

I'll be in Boston for the week so God knows I won't see a Yankee game laugh.gif
post #14640 of 77297
Geesh big papi snapped lmao
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions.