NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions. - Page 553  

post #16561 of 78800
Braves are the blue balls of baseball. Those division banners look good though.
Instagram: backyardlobo
Instagram: backyardlobo
post #16562 of 78800
Great snag by Crawford.
post #16563 of 78800
But we are missing 2 starters in Tim Hudson and Brandon Beachy thus not needing Garcia

plus if Uggla and BJ didn't completely suck & actually hit decent rather than 185 then we would actually compete.

Lol Dodger fans swagger jacking the tomahawk chop. the braves crowd was surprisingly much louder at turner than @ Chavez.
post #16564 of 78800
Whatever makes you feel better bud, you want to call it stealing, because it was more like mocking.

We can make excuses too but instead we are producing and not folding like lawn chairs.

Hanley again! laugh.gif
Instagram: backyardlobo
Instagram: backyardlobo
post #16565 of 78800
I'm just frustrated that we can't do jack $hi% in the playoffs great regular season same old story.

Hanley is on fire
post #16566 of 78800
The Dodgers are a fun team to watch.


Hope they make it to the WS.


Pirates vs LA would be a nice match up in the next round.
Straight Cash Homey
Straight Cash Homey
post #16567 of 78800
I need to see the Dodgers win the deciding game in Atlanta and celebrate in Brian McCann's face.
post #16568 of 78800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland View Post

I need to see the Dodgers win the deciding game in Atlanta and celebrate in Brian McCann's face.

puig hits a 9th inning go ahead homer, stares at it for a minute, does the worm around the bases
post #16569 of 78800
Good to see Uribe heating up with The Walking Dead about to start up again.
What's 1.21 gigawatts to a McFly like me. Can you please remind me?
What's 1.21 gigawatts to a McFly like me. Can you please remind me?
post #16570 of 78800
Quote:
Originally Posted by frink85 View Post

puig hits a 9th inning go ahead homer, stares at it for a minute, does the worm around the bases


Classic laugh.gif
Straight Cash Homey
Straight Cash Homey
post #16571 of 78800
Full slate of baseball tomorrow.

Going A's, Cards, Rays, Braves.
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
post #16572 of 78800
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampCruThik View Post

Full slate of baseball tomorrow.

Going A's, Cards, Rays, Braves.

I'll take Detroit, Pitt, Boston and LA.



nerd.gif
Straight Cash Homey
Straight Cash Homey
post #16573 of 78800
Detroit should win because Sanchez is a better pitcher than Parker, and Tigers are home. I like going against the grain.

If Pittsburgh doesn't close at home, they lose in 5. Intuition calls a Wacha gem.

Do or die for Rays at home. Cobb pitched a gem against Cleveland under pressure. DJ saw the ball well in G2.

I don't have faith in Garcia, but ATL better get the long ball going. Nolasco isn't invincible or unhittable.
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
post #16574 of 78800
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfreshm View Post

But we are missing 2 starters in Tim Hudson and Brandon Beachy thus not needing Garcia

plus if Uggla and BJ didn't completely suck & actually hit decent rather than 185 then we would actually compete.

Cool story bro, not like the Dodgers are completely healthy either.
post #16575 of 78800
Quote:
Originally Posted by frink85 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland View Post

I need to see the Dodgers win the deciding game in Atlanta and celebrate in Brian McCann's face.

puig hits a 9th inning go ahead homer, stares at it for a minute, does the worm around the bases
I hope it happens tomorrow laugh.gif
Dodgers can't go back to Atlanta. Plus it'll save Kershaw for game 1
post #16576 of 78800
clay better close this **** out tomorrow...sweep these guys
When S&T has that moment of clarity: "...we're grasping at straws talking about Spygate, Deflategate, the system, French kissing relatives, UGGs, Trump, etc." - @trey ohh five
When S&T has that moment of clarity: "...we're grasping at straws talking about Spygate, Deflategate, the system, French kissing relatives, UGGs, Trump, etc." - @trey ohh five
post #16577 of 78800
Our faith lies on the arm of Freedy Garcia sick.gifmean.gif ..
NEW MUSIC VIDEO: ANDREW CRILLZ x SUBSTANCE OVER SURFACE "TURN IT" (EDM x HIPHOP)
NEW MUSIC VIDEO: ANDREW CRILLZ x SUBSTANCE OVER SURFACE "TURN IT" (EDM x HIPHOP)
post #16578 of 78800
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCity412 View Post
 

 

where was all these people supporting this team when we weren't doing good.

 

pisses me off

You can't be serious with yours? Be lucky people still support baseball in your town.:lol

 

Enjoy the ride and remember that your own ownership drove the fans away with their antics for the past two decades.

One again...Lord Stanley Resides In The Windy City.

One again...Lord Stanley Resides In The Windy City.

post #16579 of 78800
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN View Post
 

You can't be serious with yours? Be lucky people still support baseball in your town.:lol

 

Enjoy the ride and remember that your own ownership drove the fans away with their antics for the past two decades.

 

I am serious...I know every team has bandwagon fans but I hate when I see people who I know post **** on FB or talk about it in person like they've been supporting them all along.

 

We're actually lucky to still have a baseball team with the way fans have been supporting this team through the bad years. Sure the ownership hasnt been great and Kevin Mcclatchy didn't produce any winning seasons as an owner but he may have saved our team from relocating.

 

I am enjoying the ride, I also enjoyed being lucky to even have a team to go to the games in person to watch.

post #16580 of 78800
steelcity...all of that comes with the territory. if you don't have that stuff going on, your team isn't doing it right. the two go hand in hand...winning and bandwagoning. sports are an easy thing for people to come together and get behind...so when the local teams do well, people want to be a part of the excitement. ESPECIALLY when that excitement has been gone for so long.

i know how you feel but i've learned to just let it go. let people talk and post. whatever. as you and FB just said, just enjoy this ride.
When S&T has that moment of clarity: "...we're grasping at straws talking about Spygate, Deflategate, the system, French kissing relatives, UGGs, Trump, etc." - @trey ohh five
When S&T has that moment of clarity: "...we're grasping at straws talking about Spygate, Deflategate, the system, French kissing relatives, UGGs, Trump, etc." - @trey ohh five
post #16581 of 78800

Heading back to PNC today....should be electric again....

 

 

And guess who sold me my ticket and sat next to me for the whole game yesterday? Jack Lambert. Awesome guy. Slugged beers with me. Didn't tell me who he was until the 6th inning. :lol

post #16582 of 78800
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCity412 View Post
 

 

I am serious...I know every team has bandwagon fans but I hate when I see people who I know post **** on FB or talk about it in person like they've been supporting them all along.

 

We're actually lucky to still have a baseball team with the way fans have been supporting this team through the bad years. Sure the ownership hasnt been great and Kevin Mcclatchy didn't produce any winning seasons as an owner but he may have saved our team from relocating.

 

I am enjoying the ride, I also enjoyed being lucky to even have a team to go to the games in person to watch.

 

Totally disagree. It's 100% ownership fault. Sure some people are just hopping on the "bandwagon" but in reality a lot of the people would be diehard Pirates fans, just like they're with Steelers had a better product been put on the field for the past 20 years. 

 

He may have saved you from relocation, but that's just because owning such a ****** team was so profitable for him. Sad to say, but it's very true. You put a good product on the field and you see how quickly the stadium fills up.

post #16583 of 78800

People just dont understand the difference between bandwagon fans and casual fans.  Those fans that you describe as "people who I know post **** on FB or talk about it in person like they've been supporting them all along" ARE fans of their team (in your case the Pirates).  If you were to ask those people during the down years, who their team was, I guarantee you they would have said Pirates.

 

I went through the same thing with the Giants the past few years.  Not everyone is a die hard sports/baseball/local team fan like we are.  Just because some people have casual interest in the team that get more into it because they are in the playoffs, does not mean they are "bandwagon" fans. 

 

Are you really saying that casual fans shouldn't have more of an interest when their team is doing well or in the playoffs?

post #16584 of 78800
Many of the Pitt people I know have been Pirates fans first over the other teams and have supported through the dark times. Even people that didn't, I don't blame them. A product that bad for that long doesn't deserve support. A few years is a different story, but 21? Besides die hards all fans will be turned off by that


Hopefully they do it today but if not they have surprised enough where a game 5 win can happen
TEAM ECONOMICS

From Smith to Friedman, we know what's up


Official Member of the Steeler Nation
IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII Champions
TEAM ECONOMICS

From Smith to Friedman, we know what's up


Official Member of the Steeler Nation
IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII Champions
post #16585 of 78800
any links to A's vs Det??
post #16586 of 78800
Agree with dland. Casual fans still went to PNC to grab a beer and the game, just less frequent since they sucked
TEAM ECONOMICS

From Smith to Friedman, we know what's up


Official Member of the Steeler Nation
IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII Champions
TEAM ECONOMICS

From Smith to Friedman, we know what's up


Official Member of the Steeler Nation
IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII Champions
post #16587 of 78800
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr jordan04 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by frink85 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland View Post

I need to see the Dodgers win the deciding game in Atlanta and celebrate in Brian McCann's face.

puig hits a 9th inning go ahead homer, stares at it for a minute, does the worm around the bases
I hope it happens tomorrow laugh.gif
Dodgers can't go back to Atlanta. Plus it'll save Kershaw for game 1

The Claw needs the rest so he can dominate.
post #16588 of 78800
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dland24 View Post

People just dont understand the difference between bandwagon fans and casual fans.  Those fans that you describe as "people who I know post **** on FB or talk about it in person like they've been supporting them all along" ARE fans of their team (in your case the Pirates).  If you were to ask those people during the down years, who their team was, I guarantee you they would have said Pirates.

I went through the same thing with the Giants the past few years.  Not everyone is a die hard sports/baseball/local team fan like we are.  Just because some people have casual interest in the team that get more into it because they are in the playoffs, does not mean they are "bandwagon" fans. 

Are you really saying that casual fans shouldn't have more of an interest when their team is doing well or in the playoffs?

It's the casual fans who don't watch or pay attention all year but then become the most annoying person on the planet when the team is the playoffs. Root for your team and be happy if they win a round or the WS. It's the ones becoming douchebags in the process and get in your face talking reckless crap that's pissing people off.

The fan base I belong to is one of the prime examples.
post #16589 of 78800
Seriously, how hard would it be to score tickets to PNC Park. I'm seeing SRO for $135-150. Thinking of flying out on Saturday if the Dodgers/Pirates both clinch. Otherwise to St. Louis I will go...
Instagram: backyardlobo
Instagram: backyardlobo
post #16590 of 78800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proshares View Post

It's the casual fans who don't watch or pay attention all year but then become the most annoying person on the planet when the team is the playoffs. Root for your team and be happy if they win a round or the WS. It's the ones becoming douchebags in the process and get in your face talking reckless crap that's pissing people off.

The fan base I belong to is one of the prime examples.


That's not a certain sport or fanbase, that is life..especially with social media
TEAM ECONOMICS

From Smith to Friedman, we know what's up


Official Member of the Steeler Nation
IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII Champions
TEAM ECONOMICS

From Smith to Friedman, we know what's up


Official Member of the Steeler Nation
IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII Champions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
This thread is locked  
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions.