NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions. - Page 1211

post #36301 of 77278
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP1708 View Post

Without a doubt, Baez is the one prospect who can be had. Bryant, Russell, Soler, aren't goin anywhere, I'm fairly sure Theo signed Castro and Rizzo to team friendly deals for a reason, and I'm starting to believe that Schwarber is on the Bryant/Russell/Soler no touch list as well, but I can't prove it. (There is talk in Cub circles that Schwarber is thought of as an equal to Bryant, no joke)

Baez could easily be flipped, if Theo wants to. Not sure if he's there yet tho, because he has no reason to do so, yet.

How does the organization feel about Rizzo? Untouchable as well or could be dealt if offered the right deal?
post #36302 of 77278
Wheeler? laugh.gif no. Mets aren't trading anyone not named Rafael Montero or Dillon Gee. Doesn't make sense to move any of their blue chip arms.
post #36303 of 77278
Cubs aren't trading any established big leaguers. Makes 0 sense to do that for where they are as a team. Young players signed to good contracts, you don't get rid of that to speculate. Cubs are good as is and their holes really are best addressed through free agency.
post #36304 of 77278
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoOk View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP1708 View Post

Without a doubt, Baez is the one prospect who can be had. Bryant, Russell, Soler, aren't goin anywhere, I'm fairly sure Theo signed Castro and Rizzo to team friendly deals for a reason, and I'm starting to believe that Schwarber is on the Bryant/Russell/Soler no touch list as well, but I can't prove it. (There is talk in Cub circles that Schwarber is thought of as an equal to Bryant, no joke)

Baez could easily be flipped, if Theo wants to. Not sure if he's there yet tho, because he has no reason to do so, yet.

How does the organization feel about Rizzo? Untouchable as well or could be dealt if offered the right deal?

Rizzo will be a Cub for several more years. Theo and Jed have brought them everywhere they go since they got him in Boston. He went to SD with Jed, and then Chicago with both. There's a reason for that, and he's starting to show it right now. He's an MVP type player.
MIAMI DOLPHINS
LA LAKERS
CHICAGO CUBS
MIAMI HURRICANES
Reply
MIAMI DOLPHINS
LA LAKERS
CHICAGO CUBS
MIAMI HURRICANES
Reply
post #36305 of 77278
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm View Post

Wheeler? laugh.gif no. Mets aren't trading anyone not named Rafael Montero or Dillon Gee. Doesn't make sense to move any of their blue chip arms.

 

They'll need players who can hit at some point though.

Vikings | Timberwolves | Mariners | Twins | Huskies

 

aka 651

Reply

Vikings | Timberwolves | Mariners | Twins | Huskies

 

aka 651

Reply
post #36306 of 77278
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm View Post

Cubs aren't trading any established big leaguers. Makes 0 sense to do that for where they are as a team. Young players signed to good contracts, you don't get rid of that to speculate. Cubs are good as is and their holes really are best addressed through free agency.

Like has been said, but gets laughed at by folks not getting the memo. They will pull a Starter this offseason, and soon will be rid of Edwin Jackson's contract, and that will open up another spot for whatever else is needed. Catcher, reliever, another Starter, outfielder, etc.
MIAMI DOLPHINS
LA LAKERS
CHICAGO CUBS
MIAMI HURRICANES
Reply
MIAMI DOLPHINS
LA LAKERS
CHICAGO CUBS
MIAMI HURRICANES
Reply
post #36307 of 77278
meh, they haven't been starving for offense either honestly in a way that they need to trade a big time pitching prospect for a bat. when wright and d'arnaud come back that's two plus bats re-entering the lineup. flores is ok but defensively is a mess. same with murph. mets can make it work. i wouldnt trade thor, wheeler, degrom, harvey, for anyone. any other arm could be had.
post #36308 of 77278
predictions for Syndergaard tonight? nerd.gif

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

Reply

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

Reply
post #36309 of 77278
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm View Post

Wheeler? laugh.gif no. Mets aren't trading anyone not named Rafael Montero or Dillon Gee. Doesn't make sense to move any of their blue chip arms.

I can see them moving wheeler man..
post #36310 of 77278
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm View Post

Panda bear pimp.gif

pimp.gif


fell asleep but saw the highlights at the gym of his dinger pimp.gif
Boston Bruins | New England Patriots | Boston Red Sox | Georgetown Hoyas | Michigan Wolverines |
Arsenal FC | Huevos Rancheros Hockey | USMNT
Reply
Boston Bruins | New England Patriots | Boston Red Sox | Georgetown Hoyas | Michigan Wolverines |
Arsenal FC | Huevos Rancheros Hockey | USMNT
Reply
post #36311 of 77278
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmaz96 View Post

predictions for Syndergaard tonight? nerd.gif
perfect game, 2 homeruns, 20 strikeouts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoOk View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm View Post

Wheeler? laugh.gif no. Mets aren't trading anyone not named Rafael Montero or Dillon Gee. Doesn't make sense to move any of their blue chip arms.

I can see them moving wheeler man..
meh if it didn't happen two years ago when he was the rumored piece for stanton, i doubt it happens in the future. he'll be our 4 or 5 potentially, i mean, that's pretty damn tantalizing when you think about it since he has 3 or better stuff.
post #36312 of 77278
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmaz96 View Post

predictions for Syndergaard tonight? nerd.gif

9 IP 27 Ks

post #36313 of 77278
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmaz96 View Post

predictions for Syndergaard tonight? nerd.gif

6 IP 4 ER 3 BB 5 K's
“Do. Or do not. There is no try.”
Reply
“Do. Or do not. There is no try.”
Reply
post #36314 of 77278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie Black View Post

9 IP 27 Ks

laugh.gif
post #36315 of 77278

5 IP 2 ER 6 K's 3 BB

Vikings | Timberwolves | Mariners | Twins | Huskies

 

aka 651

Reply

Vikings | Timberwolves | Mariners | Twins | Huskies

 

aka 651

Reply
post #36316 of 77278

post #36317 of 77278
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachsCorner View Post





Those shoes pimp.gif
post #36318 of 77278
@BleacherReport: VIDEO: Ex-MLB player Sean Casey nails co-host in the head with a line drive on MLB Network http://t.co/4m78ED2Ce0

Casey still has the swing nerd.gif

thankfully the co-host is ok

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

Reply

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

Reply
post #36319 of 77278
Bleacher Report though mean.gif
post #36320 of 77278

Filthy. :x

 

WhirlwindNarrowFantail.gif 

post #36321 of 77278
Those mechanics sick.gif

The way his front should leaks open followed by how he moves to get on top of the ball sick.gif

The same thing that makes him good is the same thing that makes him bad laugh.gif
post #36322 of 77278

Ubaldo back to form this season. :hat

post #36323 of 77278
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm View Post

meh, they haven't been starving for offense either honestly in a way that they need to trade a big time pitching prospect for a bat. when wright and d'arnaud come back that's two plus bats re-entering the lineup. flores is ok but defensively is a mess. same with murph. mets can make it work. i wouldnt trade thor, wheeler, degrom, harvey, for anyone. any other arm could be had.
d'Arnaud is not a plus bat.
post #36324 of 77278
for a catcher he definitely is. he's been an excellent hitting catcher since the second half of last year. living up to his potential.
post #36325 of 77278
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm View Post

Bleacher Report though mean.gif

No more br on nt. should be banned.
WHITE AND NAVY JOINT, LET'S WATCH THE YANKEESSSSSSSS!
Reply
WHITE AND NAVY JOINT, LET'S WATCH THE YANKEESSSSSSSS!
Reply
post #36326 of 77278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecook0808 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm View Post

Bleacher Report though mean.gif

No more br on nt. should be banned.
Word laugh.gif

DeSclafani executed well to get out of that jam.

Time for Thor pimp.gif
post #36327 of 77278
Eovaldi pitching real well so far...

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

Reply

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

Reply
post #36328 of 77278
Thor with his first of 20 K's pimp.gif
post #36329 of 77278
His fastball mph is impressive. His pitching stance is a bit strange. It's amazing that he manages to throw a 98 mph fastball with that kind of pitching stance.
“Do. Or do not. There is no try.”
Reply
“Do. Or do not. There is no try.”
Reply
post #36330 of 77278
Maybe jewbacca can chime in here but his arm action worries me a little.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions.