NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions. - Page 1311  

post #39301 of 78800
I'm trying to break up the embarrassment of being perfected/no hit anyway I can. Bunt single, HBP, strike three run to first (that would ruin a perfect game, right), whatever it takes. I have no problem with any team doing it. No reason to all a sudden find 'proper' ways to get on base. Another 'rule' that makes no sense when you think critically about it
TEAM ECONOMICS

From Smith to Friedman, we know what's up


Official Member of the Steeler Nation
IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII Champions
TEAM ECONOMICS

From Smith to Friedman, we know what's up


Official Member of the Steeler Nation
IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII Champions
post #39302 of 78800
Can someone explain to me how out 27 of a game is different than out 1, 3, 5 or 7?

You can't, because they aren't laugh.gif

They are worth the same. No difference.

All outs are 1/27th of the game.
post #39303 of 78800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewbacca2 View Post

Can someone explain to me how out 27 of a game is different than out 1, 3, 5 or 7?

You can't, because they aren't laugh.gif

They are worth the same. No difference.

All outs are 1/27th of the game.

I think it's more so the fact that it was a 6-0 game and Max was 1 strike away.
New York Yankees | New York Jets
New York Yankees | New York Jets
post #39304 of 78800
Quote:
Originally Posted by macbk View Post

I think it's more so the fact that it was a 6-0 game and Max was 1 strike away.

So?

That should change the other team trying to get on base? laugh.gif
post #39305 of 78800
Put yourself in Max's shoes laugh.gif How tight would you be if your perfect game was taken away by a guy lowering his elbow into a pitch?

End of the day, the pitch selection there may have been a little too cute, but it is what it is. I'm just from the ilk where at that point in the game, 1 strike, down 6-0, if i'm at the plate, I'm just letting him strike me out. Call it a day and try and make up for it tomorrow.
post #39306 of 78800
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm View Post

I'm just letting him strike me out. Call it a day and try and make up for it tomorrow.


post #39307 of 78800
Damn right baby laugh.gifpimp.gif
post #39308 of 78800
Again....not to beat a dead horse here.....but Max threw a *****y pitch. No one to blame but himself. 2 strikes? Try to blow it by him for gods sake.
post #39309 of 78800
He got cute with that slider. I guess he was saving that fastball for a potential 3-2 count.

Edit: I'll be honest though, if it was someone I hated like Clemens, I'd lean into the pitch to be a ****. But that's the exception since Clemens was the king of douches.
post #39310 of 78800
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm View Post

Put yourself in Max's shoes laugh.gif How tight would you be if your perfect game was taken away by a guy lowering his elbow into a pitch?

End of the day, the pitch selection there may have been a little too cute, but it is what it is. I'm just from the ilk where at that point in the game, 1 strike, down 6-0, if i'm at the plate, I'm just letting him strike me out. Call it a day and try and make up for it tomorrow.

Stop it, you're not taking a strickout in a situation like that for anybody. I'm doing whatever it takes to get on base and save my team from the embarrassment of a perfect game.
post #39311 of 78800
6-0 game, 1 strike left, i'm calling it a day.
post #39312 of 78800
The hell is wrong with tanaka today b mean.gif
post #39313 of 78800
Quote:
Originally Posted by dland24 View Post

Again....not to beat a dead horse here.....but Max threw a *****y pitch. No one to blame but himself. 2 strikes? Try to blow it by him for gods sake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm View Post

Put yourself in Max's shoes laugh.gif How tight would you be if your perfect game was taken away by a guy lowering his elbow into a pitch?

End of the day, the pitch selection there may have been a little too cute, but it is what it is. I'm just from the ilk where at that point in the game, 1 strike, down 6-0, if i'm at the plate, I'm just letting him strike me out. Call it a day and try and make up for it tomorrow.
He specifically said he went with the slider because Tabata was either fouling off his best fastball or he was missing high since he was reaching the end of the take. If Tabata stands still there it's ball 3, cause that pitch wasn't hitting him until he leaned into it. It's over with, whatever. This will be the highlight of Tabata's career, he probably enjoys his name finally being mentioned for something other than his insane wife.
post #39314 of 78800
I think I hate the Blue Jays more than any other team in MLB. Hope this is the start of a true rivalry for the O's. I personally wouldn't care if Bautista is plunked every time he goes up to bat.
post #39315 of 78800
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJs07 View Post

I think I hate the Blue Jays more than any other team in MLB. Hope this is the start of a true rivalry for the O's. I personally wouldn't care if Bautista is plunked every time he goes up to bat.

Watched the game yesterday. Was chippy to say the least :lol

                                                                                           #KNICKUP
                                                                                           #KNICKUP
post #39316 of 78800
#HARPGOD
post #39317 of 78800
Just give Harper the MVP award already.
post #39318 of 78800
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm View Post

Just give A-Gawd the MVP award already.

agreed

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

post #39319 of 78800
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJs07 View Post

I think I hate the Blue Jays more than any other team in MLB. Hope this is the start of a true rivalry for the O's. I personally wouldn't care if Bautista is plunked every time he goes up to bat.
Love Bautista's game, but he's such a douche.
post #39320 of 78800
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm View Post

Just give Harper the MVP award already.

pimp.gif
When S&T has that moment of clarity: "...we're grasping at straws talking about Spygate, Deflategate, the system, French kissing relatives, UGGs, Trump, etc." - @trey ohh five
When S&T has that moment of clarity: "...we're grasping at straws talking about Spygate, Deflategate, the system, French kissing relatives, UGGs, Trump, etc." - @trey ohh five
post #39321 of 78800
Charlie Morton mean.gif
post #39322 of 78800
Tabata has misplayed two balls in RF already smokin.gif

Got booed louder than A-Rod at Fenway laugh.gif
post #39323 of 78800
Brand new ballgame.
Lakers | Blue Jays
Lakers | Blue Jays
post #39324 of 78800
Quote:
Originally Posted by madj55 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJs07 View Post

I think I hate the Blue Jays more than any other team in MLB. Hope this is the start of a true rivalry for the O's. I personally wouldn't care if Bautista is plunked every time he goes up to bat.
Love Bautista's game, but he's such a douche.

Very good player, but he ******* & complains 24/7 like he's David Ortiz.

Oh yea...Chris Tillman is some SERIOUS trash.
post #39325 of 78800
Charlie Morton is trash as well while we're on that topic.
post #39326 of 78800
Ball is flying in Toronto, bombs away
post #39327 of 78800
Orioles are trash.
post #39328 of 78800
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm View Post

Orioles are trash.

About the same record as the mets tho.....
post #39329 of 78800
If only we have good pitching mean.gif
Lakers | Blue Jays
Lakers | Blue Jays
post #39330 of 78800

3 homer day for JD Martinez :hat

Philadelphia Eagles | Michigan State Spartans | Detroit Tigers
Philadelphia Eagles | Michigan State Spartans | Detroit Tigers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
This thread is locked  
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions.