NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions. - Page 1703

post #51061 of 77278
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoYouThink View Post

Nationals are going to hire someone like Dusty Baker


Baker had that Reds team winning pimp.gif
TEAM ECONOMICS

From Smith to Friedman, we know what's up


Official Member of the Steeler Nation
IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII Champions
Reply
TEAM ECONOMICS

From Smith to Friedman, we know what's up


Official Member of the Steeler Nation
IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII Champions
Reply
post #51062 of 77278


Dog...






laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif
post #51063 of 77278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewbacca2 View Post



Dog...






laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif
New York Yankees | New York Jets
Reply
New York Yankees | New York Jets
Reply
post #51064 of 77278
Bryce went straight riff raff / x men storm


laugh.gif
post #51065 of 77278
Starting to side w/ Papelbon.

Bryce ain't right.
4L 8O 15S16 T23 !42
L. A. A N G E L S, L. A. L A K E R S, U K W I L D C A T S, L. A. R A M S, L. A. S P A R K S.
"This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs...
Reply
4L 8O 15S16 T23 !42
L. A. A N G E L S, L. A. L A K E R S, U K W I L D C A T S, L. A. R A M S, L. A. S P A R K S.
"This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs...
Reply
post #51066 of 77278
Question for @Proshares and @Osh Kosh Bosh......

I respect your baseball opinions so I have to know....

How many more games does Kershaw need to pitch below his ability and regular season standards for you two to stop using the small sample size rebuttal? We are at nearly 60 innings pitched now, and his postseason ERA is still more than double his regular season ERA. At what point will the sample size be large enough for you guys?

Not trying to be a jerk, just curious.
post #51067 of 77278

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

Reply

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

Reply
post #51068 of 77278
Quote:
Originally Posted by dland24 View Post

Question for @Proshares and @Osh Kosh Bosh......

I respect your baseball opinions so I have to know....

How many more games does Kershaw need to pitch below his ability and regular season standards for you two to stop using the small sample size rebuttal? We are at nearly 60 innings pitched now, and his postseason ERA is still more than double his regular season ERA. At what point will the sample size be large enough for you guys?

Not trying to be a jerk, just curious.

You didn't ask me, but I'm going to answer laugh.gif

He's thrown 1600 regular season innings as one of the best, if not the best, pitcher in baseball.

You can find anything significant from 1600 innings vs 60. The same size is just way too small.

He dominated that game last night, but ended up giving 3 earned runs from someone allowing his inherited runners from scoring. Results sometimes just aren't indicative of how someone performed because he dominate that game last night.

I'll take the guy who lines out an OFer 4 times in a game over the guy with 2 hits through the infielder.
post #51069 of 77278
Agreed with jew. Maybe he gives up those runs, maybe not. But he was dominant in that outing and ran out of gas at the end. Can't compromise his regular season body by 1% of the sample size, regardless of leverage. I mean Willie Mays didn't hit in the World Series either. Does that taint his legacy?
post #51070 of 77278
Bryce mean.gif
Boston Bruins | New England Patriots | Boston Red Sox | Georgetown Hoyas | Michigan Wolverines |
Arsenal FC | Huevos Rancheros Hockey | USMNT
Reply
Boston Bruins | New England Patriots | Boston Red Sox | Georgetown Hoyas | Michigan Wolverines |
Arsenal FC | Huevos Rancheros Hockey | USMNT
Reply
post #51071 of 77278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewbacca2 View Post

You can find anything significant from 1600 innings vs 60. The same size is just way too small.

He dominated that game last night, but ended up giving 3 earned runs from someone allowing his inherited runners from scoring. Results sometimes just aren't indicative of how someone performed because he dominate that game last night.
9 starts (57.2 total IP) is enough to show a trend. For whatever reason, Kershaw pitches less effectively in the postseason. That fact is undeniable, the results and statistics show this pattern. Kershaw did not pitch well enough to win against the Cards in '13 or '14, bottom line. All innings are not created the same, playoff starts matter more. It's the reason MLB players endure 162 games. Kershaw is consistently the biggest reason why the Dodgers have made the playoffs the past three years (including the current postseason), but he's also largely the reason LAD is not advancing past the NLCS in '13 and NLDS in '14.

"Dominant" is a strong word. Kershaw pitched very well, certainly good enough to win but he wasn't dominant in my eyes. Murph smoking that HR to RF aside, Kershaw was his own undoing in the 7th inning. Walked 3 batters. Baez didn't do damage control and Kershaw deserved to pitch through it, Mattingly was possibly thinking of pitch count/readiness for Game 4. But again, Kersh walked Duda, Tejada, Grandy. That's his fault. Wright's single capitalized, but Kersh let those two runs that scored in the 7th on base.

deGrom, in his postseason debut, pitched the way we've come to expect from Kershaw. Except he only seems to perform that way in the regular season. We're all calling Clayton Kershaw the best pitcher in baseball. Lead horse/ace/whatever you want to call him. Out-dueled by a second-year SP.
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
Reply
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
Reply
post #51072 of 77278
Bun B washed

srs
Kansas City Royals
Los Angeles Rams #FIREFISHER
New York Knicks
Nebraska Cornhuskers
Team Crawford
29-0!!

PSN : popamolly1

Certified Jordan 1 OG legit checker
Reply
Kansas City Royals
Los Angeles Rams #FIREFISHER
New York Knicks
Nebraska Cornhuskers
Team Crawford
29-0!!

PSN : popamolly1

Certified Jordan 1 OG legit checker
Reply
post #51073 of 77278
I generally respect what you say, Champ, but that's not enough to show a trend. "For whatever reason" isn't a valid explanation either laugh.gif

And outduled in one game, come on man laugh.gif

No pitcher has control over what their offense does to the other pitcher. Sure Degrom was better last night, but come on.
post #51074 of 77278
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadsetAce View Post

Bryce mean.gif
Give Cespedes the MVP mean.gifindifferent.gif
post #51075 of 77278

Cardinals >:

 

Oakland Athletics | Golden State Warriors | NTWT

 San Francisco 49ers | UCLA Bruins

 

 

Reply

 

Oakland Athletics | Golden State Warriors | NTWT

 San Francisco 49ers | UCLA Bruins

 

 

Reply
post #51076 of 77278
Cardinals going back to World Series.
post #51077 of 77278
Cubbies pimp.gif
                                                                                           #KNICKUP
Reply
                                                                                           #KNICKUP
Reply
post #51078 of 77278
What is going on right now?

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

Reply

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

Reply
post #51079 of 77278

Yaaas Back to the Future II yaaaas

 

Oakland Athletics | Golden State Warriors | NTWT

 San Francisco 49ers | UCLA Bruins

 

 

Reply

 

Oakland Athletics | Golden State Warriors | NTWT

 San Francisco 49ers | UCLA Bruins

 

 

Reply
post #51080 of 77278
Quote:
Originally Posted by a-friend View Post

What is going on right now?
post #51081 of 77278
My Cubs +1.5 bet is looking pretty solid. Self promotion: I'm doing an alternate audio broadcast with my buddy here
post #51082 of 77278

That Cubs fan with the shades :lol

 

"Boom"

post #51083 of 77278

SOLER POWER

 

Oakland Athletics | Golden State Warriors | NTWT

 San Francisco 49ers | UCLA Bruins

 

 

Reply

 

Oakland Athletics | Golden State Warriors | NTWT

 San Francisco 49ers | UCLA Bruins

 

 

Reply
post #51084 of 77278
SOLER POWER! pimp.gif
post #51085 of 77278
Pathetic defense caused all of this.
post #51086 of 77278
SOLER POWER ACTIVATED pimp.gif

It's a funny world we live in

 

F/S DS ADIDAS YEEZY 350 V2 "BELUGA" SIZE 9 

F/S 2010 DB 3 size 9 (worn 9/10)

Reply

It's a funny world we live in

 

F/S DS ADIDAS YEEZY 350 V2 "BELUGA" SIZE 9 

F/S 2010 DB 3 size 9 (worn 9/10)

Reply
post #51087 of 77278
Ball is flying out of there
                                                                                           #KNICKUP
Reply
                                                                                           #KNICKUP
Reply
post #51088 of 77278
Went to get some chips at the store across the street, come back and it's 5 - 1.
Hip Hop is dead. There is no "savior".
Reply
Hip Hop is dead. There is no "savior".
Reply
post #51089 of 77278
Soler pimp.gif
post #51090 of 77278
Cubs not backing down pimp.gif .
New York Yankees | New York Jets
Reply
New York Yankees | New York Jets
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions.