Just a few I can remember off the dome.
- The elevator presents a focal point for his relationship with Irene, that's where he initially meets her and her son. There relationship begins and ends in the elevator when she backs out at the end.
- When the enter the elevator, you can see that the director sets in our minds the idea of cramped-ness. the elevator is quite small.
- Driver pushes Irene into the corner, the scene goes into slow motion and you can see the ring of light above them centers around Driver's head. Making him in a sense her guardian angel.
- We are focused on their relationship, a relationship that never was, that only took place in that instant, in that moment of time, right before an extremely brutal display of anger and protection took over every inch of the elevator.
- Then instantly, the fight breaks out and the chaos ensues in that very corner.
- After the fight is over, Irene backs out of the elevator, and it's the first time Driver shows weakness to her, bearing that this is who he really is, a maniac.
- The elevator closes, and you see the scorpion on the back of his jacket moving due to his heavy breathing. From that, I gathered that he finally transformed into the animal that he had been suppressing all throughout the film.
I can send you the paper if you want to read it, it has pictures to aid.
I like your analysis.
You can pm it to me or post it in the thread.
Which ever is more suitable for you.