NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › 2012 Toyota GT-86 / SCION FRS/ BRZ - FRS $24,930 MSRP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2012 Toyota GT-86 / SCION FRS/ BRZ - FRS $24,930 MSRP - Page 70

post #2071 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by oidreez View Post


i've never driven one either but i know I wouldn't pay that price for it

same here tbh i LOVE jdm cars too would take a wrx for the same price
post #2072 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzlew View Post

I don't think you understand what ricer means.



But yes, mad disappointed. After last night, was planning on skipping on buying a car this year to wait for this.

mean.gif

tS is a limited production. I still have hope for a "STi".

a true STI brz is being considered. well, at least a turbo version. a true STI brz would be pimp.gifsick.gif. proly sell out twice as fast.
post #2073 of 2350
They will make an STi, they are selling now so they will pull the market back when sales slow

It's how business works, Subaru is creating that thirst
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Areyouin729
2002-2009
Reply
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Areyouin729
2002-2009
Reply
post #2074 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by oidreez View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillIn729 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzlew View Post

yes ninja, we know you hate this car.

the irony I can assure you that he has never driven it

i've never driven one either but i know I wouldn't pay that price for it


bingo

 

smart shoppers will steer clear...da competition is too much for them to come that weak.

https://instagram.com/Ninjahood_

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply

https://instagram.com/Ninjahood_

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply
post #2075 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillIn729 View Post

They will make an STi, they are selling now so they will pull the market back when sales slow

It's how business works, Subaru is creating that thirst

That's why I'm reluctant to do anything to my FR-S. If Subaru came 'correct', then I would've wasted a ton of money on labor and parts. No thanks.
post #2076 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahood View Post


bingo

smart shoppers will steer clear...da competition is too much for them to come that weak.

What's a smart shopper? Someone who can go really fast from red light to red light?

I've never seen someone who drives his moms 98 Sentra have such an option on cars

You slurp the Challenger and it's easily the worst of the big 3

drop $5k into a BRZ which is still a lot less than that V8 and it's giving that whip a run for it's money
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Areyouin729
2002-2009
Reply
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Areyouin729
2002-2009
Reply
post #2077 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillIn729 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahood View Post


bingo

smart shoppers will steer clear...da competition is too much for them to come that weak.

What's a smart shopper? Someone who can go really fast from red light to red light?

I've never seen someone who drives his moms 98 Sentra have such an option on cars

You slurp the Challenger and it's easily the worst of the big 3

drop $5k into a BRZ which is still a lot less than that V8 and it's giving that whip a run for it's money

Come on it's not even about "da hemi" vs this. I could get a genesis coupe 3.8l that comes with 306hp for around the same price or less
Chicago x Nigeria

Jordan Retro 12 Black/Red Size 12 DS for sale PM me
Reply
Chicago x Nigeria

Jordan Retro 12 Black/Red Size 12 DS for sale PM me
Reply
post #2078 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by oidreez View Post

Come on it's not even about "da hemi" vs this. I could get a genesis coupe 3.8l that comes with 306hp for around the same price or less

But not everyone cares about HP which is apparent by the praise and success of the FRS and BRZ

I'm coming from a 370Z
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Areyouin729
2002-2009
Reply
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Areyouin729
2002-2009
Reply
post #2079 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillIn729 View Post

But not everyone cares about HP which is apparent by the praise and success of the FRS and BRZ

I'm coming from a 370Z

I'm coming from a 400hp Evo. While I could use a bump in hp, that's not the point of these cars. People don't get that. What does ninja know/care about suspension, handling, and road feel? He never talks about ride height, center of gravity, body roll, or anything other than "da acceleration". There's WAY more to cars than that.

It's the reason Porsche has done so well.
post #2080 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnns2003 View Post

I'm coming from a 400hp Evo. While I could use a bump in hp, that's not the point of these cars. People don't get that. What does ninja know/care about suspension, handling, and road feel? He never talks about ride height, center of gravity, body roll, or anything other than "da acceleration". There's WAY more to cars than that.

It's the reason Porsche has done so well.

Repped and hit the nail right on the head

He praises the damn Challenger which has one of the worst rides imaginable
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Areyouin729
2002-2009
Reply
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Areyouin729
2002-2009
Reply
post #2081 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillIn729 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by oidreez View Post

Come on it's not even about "da hemi" vs this. I could get a genesis coupe 3.8l that comes with 306hp for around the same price or less

But not everyone cares about HP which is apparent by the praise and success of the FRS and BRZ

I'm coming from a 370Z

What made you go from a 370Z to a BRZ? Is the BRZ better?
Chicago x Nigeria

Jordan Retro 12 Black/Red Size 12 DS for sale PM me
Reply
Chicago x Nigeria

Jordan Retro 12 Black/Red Size 12 DS for sale PM me
Reply
post #2082 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by oidreez View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillIn729 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahood View Post


bingo

smart shoppers will steer clear...da competition is too much for them to come that weak.

What's a smart shopper? Someone who can go really fast from red light to red light?

I've never seen someone who drives his moms 98 Sentra have such an option on cars

You slurp the Challenger and it's easily the worst of the big 3

drop $5k into a BRZ which is still a lot less than that V8 and it's giving that whip a run for it's money

Come on it's not even about "da hemi" vs this. I could get a genesis coupe 3.8l that comes with 306hp for around the same price or less

lol genesis interior is hot booty tho sick.gif
post #2083 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillIn729 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahood View Post


bingo

smart shoppers will steer clear...da competition is too much for them to come that weak.

What's a smart shopper? Someone who can go really fast from red light to red light?

I've never seen someone who drives his moms 98 Sentra have such an option on cars

You slurp the Challenger and it's easily the worst of the big 3

drop $5k into a BRZ which is still a lot less than that V8 and it's giving that whip a run for it's money

you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to me laugh.gif

 

-i got options on cars cuz im in and out of cars all da time due to my street friends toys and my own money can

 

afford pretty much what i want in my taste range

 

-da camaro zl1 is my favorite of da modern muscle trio, with that said da challenger is da best cruiser for longer trips and its

 

da most comfiest, and roomier.

 

-your brz ain't seeing a V8 with da same 5k invested in da car you're railing against..c'mon b, there's no replacement for

 

displacement.

 

this is why that crap BRZ news is so disappointing, everyone knows 200HP is piss poor in 2013.

 

that "not everyone cares about going fast" is a horse **** argument considering you're making that claim with a sports car laugh.gif

 

performance is DA MOST important thing when it comes to pricing da car, and putting it in its trim, and its also da one

 

attribute that NEVER GOES OUTTA STYLE. luxury features, or other gimmicks become cheaper, and then obsolete, while

 

400-500 horsepower 30-years ago is STILL 400-500 horsepower today.

 

there's a reason da best selling SPORT CAR in america right now is da chevy camaro, beautfil car with excellent performance

 

and a ATTAINABLE price.

 

Zzyz just said hes TIRED of seeing SS camaros in his hood, if you said you was TIRED of seeing 400-426 rated horsepowered cars

 

all over your hood not even 10 years ago it would've been a straight utopian wet car dream, now its something that people strive for.

https://instagram.com/Ninjahood_

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply

https://instagram.com/Ninjahood_

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply
post #2084 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by oidreez View Post

What made you go from a 370Z to a BRZ? Is the BRZ better?

Once I test drive the BRZ I really liked it and decided to cop one, ill end up getting the next gen Z in a few years also
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Areyouin729
2002-2009
Reply
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Areyouin729
2002-2009
Reply
post #2085 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahood View Post

you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to me laugh.gif

-i got options on cars cuz im in and out of cars all da time due to my street friends toys and my own money can

afford pretty much what i want in my taste range

-da camaro zl1 is my favorite of da modern muscle trio, with that said da challenger is da best cruiser for longer trips and its

da most comfiest, and roomier.

-your brz ain't seeing a V8 with da same 5k invested in da car you're railing against..c'mon b, there's no replacement for

displacement.

this is why that crap BRZ news is so disappointing, everyone knows 200HP is piss poor in 2013.

that "not everyone cares about going fast" is a horse **** argument considering you're making that claim with a sports car laugh.gif

performance is DA MOST important thing when it comes to pricing da car, and putting it in its trim, and its also da one

attribute that NEVER GOES OUTTA STYLE. luxury features, or other gimmicks become cheaper, and then obsolete, while

400-500 horsepower 30-years ago is STILL 400-500 horsepower today.

there's a reason da best selling SPORT CAR in america right now is da chevy camaro, beautfil car with excellent performance

and a ATTAINABLE price.

Zzyz just said hes TIRED of seeing SS camaros in his hood, if you said you was TIRED of seeing 400-426 rated horsepowered cars

all over your hood not even 10 years ago it would've been a straight utopian wet car dream, now its something that people strive for.

I think the only person who believes the non sense you spew is your reflection
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Areyouin729
2002-2009
Reply
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Areyouin729
2002-2009
Reply
post #2086 of 2350

another thing that i find QUITE ironic is da fact that da reason ya bought these lil BRZ/FRS cars in da first place is because it provides handling that

 

cars 3-4 times it price do for a WAY more attainable price, which plays into da same muscle car mantra/ethos of providing supercar

 

power, acceleration, and in modern muscle, HANDLING that cars WAY above their price range offer at a VALUE incentive price

 

da common man can afford with come elbow grease at his job.

 

 

da genesis does what da BRZ/FRS does better, and if you spend a lil more da camaro ss blows both of em out da water when it comes

 

to balanced sportcar with a POWERFUL motor and a AWESOME value best bang for your buck, and people love that.

https://instagram.com/Ninjahood_

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply

https://instagram.com/Ninjahood_

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply
post #2087 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillIn729 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahood View Post

you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to me laugh.gif

-i got options on cars cuz im in and out of cars all da time due to my street friends toys and my own money can

afford pretty much what i want in my taste range

-da camaro zl1 is my favorite of da modern muscle trio, with that said da challenger is da best cruiser for longer trips and its

da most comfiest, and roomier.

-your brz ain't seeing a V8 with da same 5k invested in da car you're railing against..c'mon b, there's no replacement for

displacement.

this is why that crap BRZ news is so disappointing, everyone knows 200HP is piss poor in 2013.

that "not everyone cares about going fast" is a horse **** argument considering you're making that claim with a sports car laugh.gif

performance is DA MOST important thing when it comes to pricing da car, and putting it in its trim, and its also da one

attribute that NEVER GOES OUTTA STYLE. luxury features, or other gimmicks become cheaper, and then obsolete, while

400-500 horsepower 30-years ago is STILL 400-500 horsepower today.

there's a reason da best selling SPORT CAR in america right now is da chevy camaro, beautfil car with excellent performance

and a ATTAINABLE price.

Zzyz just said hes TIRED of seeing SS camaros in his hood, if you said you was TIRED of seeing 400-426 rated horsepowered cars

all over your hood not even 10 years ago it would've been a straight utopian wet car dream, now its something that people strive for.

I think the only person who believes the non sense you spew is your reflection

laugh.gif

 

go see whats da highest selling sport car in america right now

 

World Full Year 2012: Discover the Top 15 best-selling Sports cars!

 
 

2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 ConvertibleChevrolet Camaro

* See the Top 15 best-selling Sports cars by clicking on the title! *

The original World Full Year 2012 Top 1000 is here.

This World article is brought to you by Insure4aDay Short Term Car Insurance.

We continue on our World 2012 series by segment and now explore the most popular Sports cars worldwide, and the race to the top was extremely close this year, with the Top 3 models only separated by less than 1,500 sales! The Chevrolet Camaro wins thanks to 93,045 sales and is followed by the Audi A5 at 92,900 units and the Ford Mustang with 91,580 sales.

Ford Mustang World 2012Ford Mustang

The Hyundai Veloster takes the 4th spot at 68,309 units, the Dodge Challenger is #5 with 46,252 sales while the Toyota 86 (called Scion FR-S in the US) lands directly in 6th position with 44,236 units. Notice also the Mercedes SLK at #7, Porsche Panamera at #8, Porsche 911 at #9, VW Scirocco at #11 and BMW Z4 at #15.

The original World Full Year 2012 Top 1000 is here.

Full Year 2012 Top 15 Sport cars Ranking Table below.

Insure4adaySponsored feature: Insure4aDay are a specialist provider of short term car and van insurance – providing cover from 1-28 days depending on your requirements.  Get in touch today to receive a quick online quote.

World Full Year 2012 – Sports cars:


Pos All Model 2012
1 223 Chevrolet Camaro 93,045
2 224 Audi A5 92,900
3 227 Ford Mustang 91,580
4 278 Hyundai Veloster 68,309
5 364 Dodge Challenger 46,252
6 372 Toyota 86/Scion FR-S 44,236
7 437 Mercedes SLK Class 30,608
8 462 Porsche Panamera 27,331
9 473 Porsche 911 25,475
10 487 Scion tC 24,447
11 523 VW Scirocco 19,898
12 534 Audi TT 18,625
13 551 Honda CR-Z 16,123
14 557 Mazda MX-5 15,519
15 591 BMW Z4 12,032

 

 

so much for your opinion vs my facts.

 

http://bestsellingcarsblog.com/2013/03/23/world-full-year-2012-discover-the-top-15-best-selling-sports-cars/

https://instagram.com/Ninjahood_

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply

https://instagram.com/Ninjahood_

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply
post #2088 of 2350
Only thing I don't get about Ninja is........you think everybody needs a minimum of 400hp.
post #2089 of 2350
We get it, you live in the Ninjahood bubble and your opinion is fact

The only thing that matters in a car is horsepower

Life's lessons are so cruel; I can't believe I bought a BRZ

Why do I care that the Camaro is the highest selling sports car again?
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Areyouin729
2002-2009
Reply
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Areyouin729
2002-2009
Reply
post #2090 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Audi View Post

Only thing I don't get about Ninja is........you think everybody needs a minimum of 400hp.


need is subjective, da point is if you're buying a car, why not allocate da MAJORITY of your spending power on attributes of da car

 

thats going to KEEP its resale value (performance)

 

so when you buy a car that is a powerhouse at a affordable value, trust and believe these cars do NOT see a dive when it comes to resell.

 

this is how you combat depreciation.

 

luxury cars tank in da aftermarket, because people subscribe to frivolous attributes in cars that once you were da sucker to cop, da value

 

goes off a cliff once you drive off da lot.

 

look at a BRZ/FRS interiors, you can't even say "well these cars are better then______because of _____"

 

they're whole idea was "lets make a minimalist go kart for college kids and let them **** with it in da aftermarket"

 

a valiant effort, but when you got other cars that do MORE for not much more money, they should've came harder

 

to da plate....from da concept to da production car, SOOO much air was let out of it, it was already a "meh" car

 

by da time competitors brought out their firepower.

https://instagram.com/Ninjahood_

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply

https://instagram.com/Ninjahood_

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply
post #2091 of 2350
F the 2012 data here's the 2013 data:


http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2013/06/usa-sports-car-sales-figures-may-2013-ytd.html


The Mustang is very close.
"Dudes on NT made it out like she was Mewtwo and kept throwing their Pokéballs at her"

TEAM LATE NIGHT -- TEAM LAKERS -- TEAM 49ERS
Reply
"Dudes on NT made it out like she was Mewtwo and kept throwing their Pokéballs at her"

TEAM LATE NIGHT -- TEAM LAKERS -- TEAM 49ERS
Reply
post #2092 of 2350
News flash: the car nipping on it's heels has 208 HP

Now what would you like to say?
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Areyouin729
2002-2009
Reply
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Areyouin729
2002-2009
Reply
post #2093 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillIn729 View Post

We get it, you live in the Ninjahood bubble and your opinion is fact

The only thing that matters in a car is horsepower

Life's lessons are so cruel; I can't believe I bought a BRZ

Why do I care that the Camaro is the highest selling sports car again?


-i dont speak from opinion, i speak from READING da facts, and making a case BASED on da numbers.

 

-i said PERFORMANCE matter, horsepower is a PART of performance, instead of you worrying about JUST handling..you should've looked at

 

da WHOLE picture.

 

-you SHOULD care that da camaro is da highest selling sports car because IT SUPPORTS my assessment that MONSTER performance at

 

as VALUED price is a deadly combination.

 

my point is pretty clear, why spend money on something that inferior when down da block you can get something superior for exact or a lil bit

 

more money?

https://instagram.com/Ninjahood_

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply

https://instagram.com/Ninjahood_

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply
post #2094 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23 View Post

F the 2012 data here's the 2013 data:


http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2013/06/usa-sports-car-sales-figures-may-2013-ytd.html


The Mustang is very close.


USA_Sports-car-sales-chart-May-2013.jpg

 

american muscle's best bang for your buck is hard to beat.

https://instagram.com/Ninjahood_

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply

https://instagram.com/Ninjahood_

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply
post #2095 of 2350
So you posted an argument about the Camaro being the best selling car because of HP when the second highest selling has 208 HP

See my point? Every argument you have has holes and then you post another argument to avoid how flawed your last one was
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Areyouin729
2002-2009
Reply
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Areyouin729
2002-2009
Reply
post #2096 of 2350
Looking at that chart. Id take a golf R over a camaro all day. Lol a lot of things on their actually. Ninja you ever drove a brz? Might surprise you how fun it is to drive with decent mpg an not as much go go you're use too.
post #2097 of 2350
Not to mention the FRS/BRZ is right there with da Hemi
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Areyouin729
2002-2009
Reply
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Areyouin729
2002-2009
Reply
post #2098 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnns2003 View Post

I'm coming from a 400hp Evo. While I could use a bump in hp, that's not the point of these cars. People don't get that. What does ninja know/care about suspension, handling, and road feel? He never talks about ride height, center of gravity, body roll, or anything other than "da acceleration". There's WAY more to cars than that.

It's the reason Porsche has done so well.

Bingo.
post #2099 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillIn729 View Post

So you posted an argument about the Camaro being the best selling car because of HP when the second highest selling has 208 HP

See my point? Every argument you have has holes and then you post another argument to avoid how flawed your last one was

HP=/= overall performance

 

camaro has ALL of that...you just like to practice what i like to call selective reading laugh.gif

https://instagram.com/Ninjahood_

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply

https://instagram.com/Ninjahood_

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply
post #2100 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahood View Post

HP=/= overall performance

camaro has ALL of that...you just like to practice what i like to call selective reading laugh.gif

I guess you missed all the praise these cars are getting

But I have "selective reading"

I see you've clearly avoided my kill shots at your argument but what else is new with you
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Areyouin729
2002-2009
Reply
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Areyouin729
2002-2009
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › 2012 Toyota GT-86 / SCION FRS/ BRZ - FRS $24,930 MSRP