NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三 - Page 218

post #6511 of 25741
Funny how Danzou was mentioned and none of the Hokages were surprised that he revealed the truth to Sasuke.

The 2nd hokage prob told dude to start up root on the low too.
post #6512 of 25741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdogg2k View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by zs05wc View Post

I'm not sure how many people read Noblesse but Frankenstein has become possibly my favorite character out of all the stuff I read.

I stopped at chapter 2 but ill pick it up again. I like that dude also. and since I can read korean its nice being able to read the funny little expressions.


as for naruto (I hate u guys for making me read it on my phone....again)
sharigan is more an illness than a power..... so how would they explain the byakugan which is suppose to be an extension or root of sharigan???

kishi abandoned that Idea as soon as he started revealing stuff about the Rinnegan and SOT6P. He essentially retconned it so that the sharingan is its own beast

also, hmm. now Hashirama is the god of shinobi O_0. Wheres that guy at...
Edited by blakep267 - 2/5/13 at 1:22pm
post #6513 of 25741
I'm right here. I'm still sticking with the 3rd in his prime >>>>>

It baffles me about who actually said the statement though. On another note can we at least agree that he was the smartest?
Young Lord. smokin.gifsmokin.gif
Reply
Young Lord. smokin.gifsmokin.gif
Reply
post #6514 of 25741
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexLieno View Post

I'm right here. I'm still sticking with the 3rd in his prime >>>>>

It baffles me about who actually said the statement though. On another note can we at least agree that he was the smartest?

ok... So Iruka is somehow more valid than Suigetsu? both of them wouldve had heresay to tell them the feats. Those characters are just acting as Kishi's voice

and Tobirama was the smartest.
post #6515 of 25741
yes iruka would have more say then suigetso when it comes to knowledge of konoha hokages.
#ISTANDWITHCAP
Clash of Clans Clan - NT.N-T anyone can join
Reply
#ISTANDWITHCAP
Clash of Clans Clan - NT.N-T anyone can join
Reply
post #6516 of 25741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdogg2k View Post

yes iruka would have more say then suigetso when it comes to knowledge of konoha hokages.

why, he wouldnt have seen any of the kages in their prime. Its basically having a kid who never saw Jordan play, say hes the best of all time. When he didnt see Wilt play etc. So essentially, Suigetsu's opinion is just as valid as Iruka's. The thing that sets it apart is that Kishi has written that more recently
post #6517 of 25741
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakep267 View Post

why, he wouldnt have seen any of the kages in their prime. Its basically having a kid who never saw Jordan play, say hes the best of all time. When he didnt see Wilt play etc. So essentially, Suigetsu's opinion is just as valid as Iruka's. The thing that sets it apart is that Kishi has written that more recently

I understand where you're coming from, but you're still not making sense. You're telling me a ninja from a different village who's dad was a child when the first was around has more say than a of the same village who I'm sure as a kid witnessed the 3rd in some type of capacity where he was more
Powerful than when he took on oro, the 1st, and the 2nd....at the same time. Right....
Young Lord. smokin.gifsmokin.gif
Reply
Young Lord. smokin.gifsmokin.gif
Reply
post #6518 of 25741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdogg2k View Post

yes iruka would have more say then suigetso when it comes to knowledge of konoha hokages.

it comes down to fame in the narutoverse though if you got dudes from other villages knowing your name and calling u da god with the 3rd right next to him there u have it

but for da record oro called the 3rd the god when they were fighting laugh.gif

oro > iruka and suigetso but i think oro only called him the god to toot his own horn since he was beating him
Edited by WaitWut - 2/5/13 at 2:21pm
post #6519 of 25741
Also wouldn't he be pinned up in some tank tube?!? Wasn't he trapped before Sasuke freed him?
Young Lord. smokin.gifsmokin.gif
Reply
Young Lord. smokin.gifsmokin.gif
Reply
post #6520 of 25741
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexLieno View Post

I understand where you're coming from, but you're still not making sense. You're telling me a ninja from a different village who's dad was a child when the first was around has more say than a of the same village who I'm sure as a kid witnessed the 3rd in some type of capacity where he was more
Powerful than when he took on oro, the 1st, and the 2nd....at the same time. Right....

2/2 on agreeing with lex (must be a full moon lol)
the 3rd has been in action for awhile. we do now know the first has atleast been dead since minato was a baby or not even alive
but im sure it wasnt to far apart and iruka is the same age as kakashi meaning he's been around to see the 3rd and know the stories of the v illage and people who have first hand account
#ISTANDWITHCAP
Clash of Clans Clan - NT.N-T anyone can join
Reply
#ISTANDWITHCAP
Clash of Clans Clan - NT.N-T anyone can join
Reply
post #6521 of 25741
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexLieno View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakep267 View Post

why, he wouldnt have seen any of the kages in their prime. Its basically having a kid who never saw Jordan play, say hes the best of all time. When he didnt see Wilt play etc. So essentially, Suigetsu's opinion is just as valid as Iruka's. The thing that sets it apart is that Kishi has written that more recently

I understand where you're coming from, but you're still not making sense. You're telling me a ninja from a different village who's dad was a child when the first was around has more say than a of the same village who I'm sure as a kid witnessed the 3rd in some type of capacity where he was more
Powerful than when he took on oro, the 1st, and the 2nd....at the same time. Right....

 

meh. but suigetsu saw and heard of the 3rd too. his dad would have had to face the 3rd head on.

 

and still said that the first was the best.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitWut View Post



but for da record oro called the 3rd the god when they were fighting laugh.gif

 

 

means nothing.  the 3rd trained orochimaru. he's biased.

 

 

Kishi has clearly been trying to rewrite the mythology in the part 2 of the manga as the 1st being the greatest shinobi ever.  i don't know why you guys are being so stubborn. laugh.gif

 

everything you're citing is from the early chapters.  we just read something kishi wrote 12 HOURS AGO calling the 1st the goat and you're still like "ehh, i'm not buying it."


Edited by Nako XL - 2/5/13 at 2:38pm
post #6522 of 25741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nako XL View Post

meh. but suigetsu saw and heard of the 3rd too. his dad would have had to face the 3rd head on.

and still said that the first was the best.

Still can't believe it. All I'm saying is that the signs are pointing to the 3rd>>> he's obviously one of the smartest ninjas in the manga. If not the smartest.
Young Lord. smokin.gifsmokin.gif
Reply
Young Lord. smokin.gifsmokin.gif
Reply
post #6523 of 25741
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexLieno View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nako XL View Post

meh. but suigetsu saw and heard of the 3rd too. his dad would have had to face the 3rd head on.

and still said that the first was the best.

Still can't believe it. All I'm saying is that the signs are pointing to the 3rd>>> he's obviously one of the smartest ninjas in the manga. If not the smartest.

 

 

what signs? read the last chapter. take the most contemporary writing. isolate it.

 

based on that who do you think the author of the story is trying to praise.  who are you arguing with.  kishi?

 

call it retconning, say it's contradictory writing, whatever you want.  it's still clear what he now intends the take away to be.

post #6524 of 25741
I'm not talking about that god talk. Im talking about actions. Dude took on all 3 of them at the same time and neutralized all three way out of his prime. They weren't even emotional, so thats another knock against them. He had to fight emotions when fighting them. Also I'm just going on how quickly and accurately he explained the scenario. Dude was chill as ever when he got
FaceTime.
Young Lord. smokin.gifsmokin.gif
Reply
Young Lord. smokin.gifsmokin.gif
Reply
post #6525 of 25741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nako XL View Post

Kishi has clearly been trying to rewrite the mythology in the part 2 of the manga as the 1st being the greatest shinobi ever.  i don't know why you guys are being so stubborn. laugh.gif

everything you're citing is from the early chapters.  we just read something kishi wrote 12 HOURS AGO calling the 1st the goat and you're still like "ehh, i'm not buying it."
All that needs to be said really. 3rd was shown to be the strongest in the first series, and then Kishi decided he didn't want that after all and has been moving towards the 1st actually being the strongest.

I don't see how you guys can't understand that. laugh.giflaugh.gif Just right now he made someone claim that the 1st was the God of Shinobi when years ago he had someone make that claim about the 3rd. It is what it is now.
|| Sacramento Kings || Oakland Raiders || New York Jets ||
Reply
|| Sacramento Kings || Oakland Raiders || New York Jets ||
Reply
post #6526 of 25741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nako XL View Post


Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitWut View Post

but for da record oro called the 3rd the god when they were fighting laugh.gif


means nothing.  the 3rd trained orochimaru. he's biased.


Kishi has clearly been trying to rewrite the mythology in the part 2 of the manga as the 1st being the greatest shinobi ever.  i don't know why you guys are being so stubborn. laugh.gif

everything you're citing is from the early chapters.  we just read something kishi wrote 12 HOURS AGO calling the 1st the goat and you're still like "ehh, i'm not buying it."

im with you bruh my point was 1st > 3rd laugh.gif
post #6527 of 25741
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexLieno View Post

I'm not talking about that god talk. Im talking about actions. Dude took on all 3 of them at the same time and neutralized all three way out of his prime. They weren't even emotional, so thats another knock against them. He had to fight emotions when fighting them. Also I'm just going on how quickly and accurately he explained the scenario. Dude was chill as ever when he got
FaceTime.

that was like 10 years ago. things change. its called retconning. Kishi literally just called him da god. Do you think he cares what he wrote years ago
post #6528 of 25741
It's quite funny how when I was bringing up the "god" reference it was heavily downplayed and called irrelevan, but . Now that the first is being called a god everyone wants to mention it. Like I said before, all you guys are saying is this is what he's trying to do, I'm telling you what he did. He made the 3rd take out 3 kage level guys out of his prime, alone. No other fight in this manga has been that one sided.
Young Lord. smokin.gifsmokin.gif
Reply
Young Lord. smokin.gifsmokin.gif
Reply
post #6529 of 25741
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakep267 View Post

that was like 10 years ago. things change. its called retconning. Kishi literally just called him da god. Do you think he cares what he wrote years ago


Just because it happened ten years ago that means it didn't happen?! I guess no
One else grasps the magnitude of a near 70 year old man taking down a kage level nin in his prime along with 2 immortal
Kage level nins with infinite chakra with nothing but death on the mind, and he neutralizes all 3.
Young Lord. smokin.gifsmokin.gif
Reply
Young Lord. smokin.gifsmokin.gif
Reply
post #6530 of 25741
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexLieno View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakep267 View Post

that was like 10 years ago. things change. its called retconning. Kishi literally just called him da god. Do you think he cares what he wrote years ago


Just because it happened ten years ago that means it didn't happen?! I guess no
One else grasps the magnitude of a near 70 year old man taking down a kage level nin in his prime along with 2 immortal
Kage level nins with infinite chakra with nothing but death on the mind, and he neutralizes all 3.
We grasp that fact perfectly, but the point is that if Kishi decided to go back to that now, it'd probably have the 3rd getting his *** kicked a lot harder now that he's decided that the First is superior to everyone.
Quote:
Retcon is the alteration of previously established facts in a fictional work. Retcons are done for many reasons, including the accommodation of sequels or further derivative works in a series, wherein newer authors or creators want to revise the in-story history to allow a course of events that would not have been possible in the story's original continuity.
|| Sacramento Kings || Oakland Raiders || New York Jets ||
Reply
|| Sacramento Kings || Oakland Raiders || New York Jets ||
Reply
post #6531 of 25741
Side note: Does Sasuke know of Minato being Naruto's father?
|| Sacramento Kings || Oakland Raiders || New York Jets ||
Reply
|| Sacramento Kings || Oakland Raiders || New York Jets ||
Reply
post #6532 of 25741
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexLieno View Post

It's quite funny how when I was bringing up the "god" reference it was heavily downplayed and called irrelevan, but . Now that the first is being called a god everyone wants to mention it. Like I said before, all you guys are saying is this is what he's trying to do, I'm telling you what he did. He made the 3rd take out 3 kage level guys out of his prime, alone. No other fight in this manga has been that one sided.

no one downplayed it.

 

the thing was your only arguments were "he beat 3 kage level dudes" and "look at his nick name" and we all said "they weren't fighting at full capacity (not even oro since he was effing around) and the nickname doesnt mean anything when all we're seeing now are feats and madara called 1st the best since the so6p."

 

NOW even the nickname argument has been turned in favor of the 1st. thats why people are shining a light on it.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDEEK View Post

Side note: Does Sasuke know of Minato being Naruto's father?

only if tobi told him.

post #6533 of 25741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nako XL View Post

no one downplayed it.

 

the thing was your only arguments were "he beat 3 kage level dudes" and "look at his nick name" and we all said "they weren't fighting at full capacity (not even oro since he was effing around) and the nickname doesnt mean anything when all we're seeing now are feats and madara called 1st the best since the so6p."

 

NOW even the nickname argument has been turned in favor of the 1st. thats why people are shining a light on it.

 

 

only if tobi told him.

That's what I mean.  YOU say they were playing around.  They got handled by the 3rd.  Point blank.  All 3 were neutralized.  He even pushed back the 9 tails in his old age.  Full capacity?!?! You think the 3rd was at his full capacity?  He's the only Hokage to die in old age...let that resonate.  

Young Lord. smokin.gifsmokin.gif
Reply
Young Lord. smokin.gifsmokin.gif
Reply
post #6534 of 25741
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexLieno View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakep267 View Post

that was like 10 years ago. things change. its called retconning. Kishi literally just called him da god. Do you think he cares what he wrote years ago


Just because it happened ten years ago that means it didn't happen?! I guess no
One else grasps the magnitude of a near 70 year old man taking down a kage level nin in his prime along with 2 immortal
Kage level nins with infinite chakra with nothing but death on the mind, and he neutralizes all 3.


1 he was getting murked and struggled the whole fight
2 he couldnt eem handle genjutsu


you are over hyping the 3rd like if he could handle them he couldnt handle it at all he was just doing everything he could to stall his inevitable death i guess its pretty good but good enough to say hes strongest nope
id say even onoki would clap the 3rd

and im pretty sure oro said the 1st and 2nd werent at their strongest or something like that
post #6535 of 25741

^ right... but all your arguments are based on things we haven't seen written yet.  they were playign around.  they weren't using their full range of jutsu.  orochimaru wasn't really attacking in concert with but using them, so it was really a 2 vs 1.

 

yes we can assume the 3rd was stronger when he was younger than he was when he fought them, i think the monkey king said so, but how much stronger? was it just gas bagging, like "aww man he's lost a step" or was he REALLY that much more powerful. we won't know until kishi tells us for sure.  so any argument you make based on that assumption is just that, an assumption.

 

however we've had madara (and numerous other shinobi) tell us, for certain in his opinion, that the first was the strongest, seen visual evidence of the firsts feats, and had the author tell us through another character (in a room full of all the others in the conversation) this dude is the bawse.

 

if in the next chapter something is said praising the third, then we can reopen this debate, but so far all the first has done is tell jokes and kishi is still going out of his way to have people **** ride him to emphasize the point that he is that dude.

 

but i think the argument is silly.  it's like the nba wilt chamberlin vs jordan argument, or maybe a UFC comparison is more fitting: it's all about matchups. any fighter can lose if he faces the wrong opponent.

 

What we should all be focusing on from that chapter is Itachi da gawd.  7 years old and thinking like a hokage? Him >>>>> ______.  It's a shame he had to catch the monkey from an akatsuki groupie and go out the way he did.  If it wasn't for his STD he woulda been surpassed all of them.

post #6536 of 25741
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitWut View Post


1 he was getting murked and struggled the whole fight
2 he couldnt eem handle genjutsu


you are over hyping the 3rd like if he could handle them he couldnt handle it at all he was just doing everything he could to stall his inevitable death i guess its pretty good but good enough to say hes strongest nope
id say even onoki would clap the 3rd

and im pretty sure oro said the 1st and 2nd werent at their strongest or something like that

1. He landed fatal blows to both of them, they were immortal.  It's hard to beat immortal Kages 3 v1......

2.  He got out of the genjutsu and found both of them in the darkness.....

 

You saying Onoki would beat the third lets me know you don't even know about the 3rd you just slizurping the others because it's been stated that he was the strongest active Kage at the time of his death.  Meaning him at 70>>. Onoki closer to his 50s.....You guys kill me when you add stuff in.  "oh... im surreeeeeee oro said they weren't at their strongest or something like that."... get out of here with that mess.  Go watch Sailor Moon....or something like that.

Young Lord. smokin.gifsmokin.gif
Reply
Young Lord. smokin.gifsmokin.gif
Reply
post #6537 of 25741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nako XL View Post

^ right... but all your arguments are based on things we haven't seen written yet.  they were playign around.  they weren't using their full range of jutsu.  orochimaru wasn't really attacking in concert with but using them, so it was really a 2 vs 1.

 

yes we can assume the 3rd was stronger when he was younger than he was when he fought them, i think the monkey king said so, but how much stronger? was it just gas bagging, like "aww man he's lost a step" or was he REALLY that much more powerful. we won't know until kishi tells us for sure.  so any argument you make based on that assumption is just that, an assumption.

 

however we've had madara (and numerous other shinobi) tell us, for certain in his opinion, that the first was the strongest, seen visual evidence of the firsts feats, and had the author tell us through another character (in a room full of all the others in the conversation) this dude is the bawse.

 

if in the next chapter something is said praising the third, then we can reopen this debate, but so far all the first has done is tell jokes and kishi is still going out of his way to have people **** ride him to emphasize the point that he is that dude.

 

but i think the argument is silly.  it's like the nba wilt chamberlin vs jordan argument, or maybe a UFC comparison is more fitting: it's all about matchups. any fighter can lose if he faces the wrong opponent.

 

What we should all be focusing on from that chapter is Itachi da gawd.  7 years old and thinking like a hokage? Him >>>>> ______.  It's a shame he had to catch the monkey from an akatsuki groupie and go out the way he did.  If it wasn't for his STD he woulda been surpassed all of them.

That's what I'm saying.  I'm waiting to see if they settle this debate.  You saying they were playing around is your opinion.  Anyone who says how come they didn't do this or that, I can easily say how come the 3rd didn't do this or that considering he knew every jutsu in the village....We have all 4 in a room now with there OG personalities...lets end this and see how it plays out.  As far as I'm concerned the 3rd neutralized 3 Kage level nins by himself.  You can't take away from that.  No matter what you say or how you feel, it happened.  

Young Lord. smokin.gifsmokin.gif
Reply
Young Lord. smokin.gifsmokin.gif
Reply
post #6538 of 25741

you know what's really gonna piss everyone off?

 

this meeting is probably gonna end with sasuke clapping up at least 1 out of the 4 of them laugh.gif

 

when he uses an inexplicable power up and bodies the 2nd hokage, essentially saying " 1st > 3rd? pfft me > all" people are gonna lose their minds with rage.

post #6539 of 25741
What'd be really funny is if this debate is written into the story and everyone in Konica is torn between first and the third as who is the goat. laugh.gif
|| Sacramento Kings || Oakland Raiders || New York Jets ||
Reply
|| Sacramento Kings || Oakland Raiders || New York Jets ||
Reply
post #6540 of 25741
Quote:
Originally Posted by theDEEK View Post

Side note: Does Sasuke know of Minato being Naruto's father?
I would assume so at this point. not that I think it would matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexLieno View Post

It's quite funny how when I was bringing up the "god" reference it was heavily downplayed and called irrelevan, but . Now that the first is being called a god everyone wants to mention it. Like I said before, all you guys are saying is this is what he's trying to do, I'm telling you what he did. He made the 3rd take out 3 kage level guys out of his prime, alone. No other fight in this manga has been that one sided.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexLieno View Post

Just because it happened ten years ago that means it didn't happen?! I guess no
One else grasps the magnitude of a near 70 year old man taking down a kage level nin in his prime along with 2 immortal
Kage level nins with infinite chakra with nothing but death on the mind, and he neutralizes all 3.


I have to admit I was one of the ones who said 1st >>>>>>>>all I'm starting to think the other way now. with Lexi's arguments.
but looking at it, Power wise and powerful jutsus he probably can crush.
but 1. Madara has never truly seen the 3rd in action. (now that we know it was actually obito who was there for the whole kyuubi attacking the villiage)
2. The professeor means he was smart. more than likely not only with jutsus but just as a general. With that said ..Brain over brawn...

Is naruto powerful. .yes,.......... do you think he can beat kakashi in a one on one fight... Probably not since Kakashi is more resourceful and has a wider range of jutsus.

Same goes for the 3rd. THE PROFESSOR.
full strength or not, we still have EVIDENCE AND PROOF that the 3rd took out 3 kage level ninjas at once. and wasn't at full powerful
now whether you want to say they were mindless and didn't have full power, we dont know that.....All we know is that the 3rd took them out.


As far as Madara talking the 1st is the Bawse, once again he hasnt seen the 3rd in full action yet
and for other villiages knowing about the 1st. he was a legend. Living legends aren't talked about as much.

It's the equivalent to the whole Biggie smalls and Tupac argument. everyone say's they are the GOAT, but if they were still alive, would they sell as high?
I think there are better rappers out now. (that actually have lyrics and substance...not the lil waynes of the world)
#ISTANDWITHCAP
Clash of Clans Clan - NT.N-T anyone can join
Reply
#ISTANDWITHCAP
Clash of Clans Clan - NT.N-T anyone can join
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三