NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Kicks › Other Brands › ***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD*** - Page 185

post #5521 of 5710
I never really liked the lace holders on the Fila bubbles but now im not sure so let me get a little input WITH or WITHOUT ?
post #5522 of 5710
post #5523 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshouthebox View Post

I never really liked the lace holders on the Fila bubbles but now im not sure so let me get a little input WITH or WITHOUT ?

I think they look cleaner without, imo.  Do you, though :smokin

-Jay
Reply
-Jay
Reply
post #5524 of 5710
Thanx for the input and yea I'm leaning toward leaving them off BC like u said its a cleaner look
post #5525 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshouthebox View Post

Thanx for the input and yea I'm leaning toward leaving them off BC like u said its a cleaner look

If you are talking about the grey pieces, then yeah, they look super nice without them. Pics like this make me jelly I never got a pair.....you take this rep
post #5526 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshouthebox View Post

I never really liked the lace holders on the Fila bubbles but now im not sure so let me get a little input WITH or WITHOUT ?

With, keep it OG. 

collectivekicks.com
Reply
collectivekicks.com
Reply
post #5527 of 5710

If I was FILA I would sign some new blood, in the Hip Hop music scene I'll sign Rae Sremmurd. For Basketball I'll sign Klay Thompson and yes I know he's sign to Anta, but if FILA was to offer him the right money. I think he'll probably take the offer. They just need to offer him something he can't refuse cause on the real his sneaker line isn't even popular. Then make a commercial with Rae Sremmurd rocking the FILA Jamball and FILA Mindblower and have them just do their thing with their hit song ''Black Beatles'' you know something like that. That way FILA can really start making noise and keep the momentum going and just start releasing other models from the 90s. Make Klay Thompson his signature sneaker and call it the FILA KT Splash, The KT for his initials and the Splash well that's self-explanatory. FILA would need someone who really knows how to design a shoe and not come out with something mediocre looking cause a lot of times these classic companies when they try to make a new shoe, it just comes out all wrong it doesn't compare to their classics. Create something new and make it a Classic, just like back in the days ''CHANGE THE GAME''. Once his shoe is complete, start promoting it with commercials and magazine ads etc.


Edited by C Flyness - 1/12/17 at 8:07am
post #5528 of 5710
@C Flyness, my man retro basketball that's not Jordan Brand is simply not doing well anymore. I would love to see all the classics you've mentioned but it's not profitable for FILA to spend the money on retooling a factory and designing sneaker molds when consumers are only biting at clear-out prices less than $40.

Another issue is that when they do retro a shoe, they mess something up or they make it with inferior quality so you're alienating the 'OG' customer and creating a shoddy product that new jacks simply don't relate too.

I'm also against signing any of these hip pop 'rappers' as they don't stick to the brands they sign with and wear Jordan product during key moments. I do wish all the other companies would follow Nike's lead and give out FREE product as often as possible.

Similarly with signing a marquee athlete like Klay Thompson, FILA actually has to design a shoe around his needs or add some signature touches. My gut tell me that they would rather get some reference seamless, plastic design and slap their logos on it.

I loved FILA back in the day, they were really keeping Nike on their feet but they've fallen so far from relevance that it'd be an uphill battle to make any kind of comeback at this stage.
post #5529 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshouthebox View Post


What's your take on the overall build quality and cushioning? Did they use nice materials or the hard plastic 'leather'?
post #5530 of 5710
JamesandSTL they have multiple sizes left on Amazon and EBay and as for the overall quality of the shoe I would have to rate 7 3/4 to 8 the materials aren't a1 top notch but they aren't bad either its real leather and as for the cushioning I'm a sucker for the foam Fila uses so its great imo however there are some slight imperfections here and there nothing to major so I can overlook so yea I would have to rate around 8
post #5531 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshouthebox View Post

JamesandSTL they have multiple sizes left on Amazon and EBay and as for the overall quality of the shoe I would have to rate 7 3/4 to 8 the materials aren't a1 top notch but they aren't bad either its real leather and as for the cushioning I'm a sucker for the foam Fila uses so its great imo however there are some slight imperfections here and there nothing to major so I can overlook so yea I would have to rate around 8

Hmm....I'm gonna start searching. Thanks. I know if I get started with Fila I'm gonna want all the GHs....
post #5532 of 5710
Yea the gh line is a great place to start I don't have the 95s but I do have the 96s and 97s they're both great especially the OG 96 one of my favorites of all time
post #5533 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by vood99 View Post

@C Flyness, my man retro basketball that's not Jordan Brand is simply not doing well anymore. I would love to see all the classics you've mentioned but it's not profitable for FILA to spend the money on retooling a factory and designing sneaker molds when consumers are only biting at clear-out prices less than $40.

Another issue is that when they do retro a shoe, they mess something up or they make it with inferior quality so you're alienating the 'OG' customer and creating a shoddy product that new jacks simply don't relate too.

I'm also against signing any of these hip pop 'rappers' as they don't stick to the brands they sign with and wear Jordan product during key moments. I do wish all the other companies would follow Nike's lead and give out FREE product as often as possible.

Similarly with signing a marquee athlete like Klay Thompson, FILA actually has to design a shoe around his needs or add some signature touches. My gut tell me that they would rather get some reference seamless, plastic design and slap their logos on it.

I loved FILA back in the day, they were really keeping Nike on their feet but they've fallen so far from relevance that it'd be an uphill battle to make any kind of comeback at this stage.

You make some real good valid points, but lets just say FILA stops playing games and does something like what I said. I feel that it would be benefecial for the company. I know the new generation don't really know about FILA, that's where signing some new blood plays its role. If they see these new rap artists and athletes wearing FILA. I think it will spark some interested within the younger audience. I'm not saying everbody its going start liking FILA, but atleast FILA would have some new younger fans. For me its like passing down the torch. FILA's legacy needs to keep going or if not the brand is really doomed.

 

Look at Adidas they have Kanye West and because of that adidas is on top and Under Armour was a company that wasn't even on anyones mind and now because of Stephen Curry they are also on top. Like I said before FILA really needs to sign somebody like Klay Thompson and make that athlete their own signature sneaker, but really design something great like back in the days. If kids see Klay Thompson wearing FILA and I mean it has to be something impressive. I know it would get peoples attention. It's just sad that if I was to ask around Which brand would you wear FILA or Skechers? I have a feeling a lot of people would go with Skechers and that's just sad that FILA has gotten to this point. That people would choose Skechers over FILA. For me FILA is timeless but that's because I know their rich history, but because not everyone knows their history. They just look at FILA like an outcast brand.  That's why for this to not continue on, they really need to change their strategy and start doing something different.

post #5534 of 5710
I can't remember but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Anta owns a percentage of Fila now not 100% so correct me if I'm wrong ?
post #5535 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Flyness View Post

You make some real good valid points, but lets just say FILA stops playing games and does something like what I said. I feel that it would be benefecial for the company. I know the new generation don't really know about FILA, that's where signing some new blood plays its role. If they see these new rap artists and athletes wearing FILA. I think it will spark some interested within the younger audience. I'm not saying everbody its going start liking FILA, but atleast FILA would have some new younger fans. For me its like passing down the torch. FILA's legacy needs to keep going or if not the brand is really doomed.

Look at Adidas they have Kanye West and because of that adidas is on top and Under Armour was a company that wasn't even on anyones mind and now because of Stephen Curry they are also on top. Like I said before FILA really needs to sign somebody like Klay Thompson and make that athlete their own signature sneaker, but really design something great like back in the days. If kids see Klay Thompson wearing FILA and I mean it has to be something impressive. I know it would get peoples attention. It's just sad that if I was to ask around Which brand would you wear FILA or Skechers? I have a feeling a lot of people would go with Skechers and that's just sad that FILA has gotten to this point. That people would choose Skechers over FILA. For me FILA is timeless but that's because I know their rich history, but because not everyone knows their history. They just look at FILA like an outcast brand.  That's why for this to not continue on, they really need to change their strategy and start doing something different.

While I agree with some of what you are saying, like vood99 said, there's more to it than just moving a quick product and with factories and such. It would take more in the long-term. Sure, for Adidas Kanye brought some of the hypebeasts over, but they also make a product that is marketed easily (Dame/Harden). They make a great cushion system for a great price. You think Under Armour, they capitalized on Steph Currys hype, while again making a quality product at a better price point than Nike. Nike/JB is/has been riding off people's nostalgia for some time and making sub par quality items for a jacked up price. Unfortunately, Nike is so large they can pay people to rep their products and never get a sig. Not to mention, some people can't think for themselves and follow so they buy Nikes because they want to fit in. Also, Nike has a lot of lower tiers models, like the Air Monarch and such that make them a killing. Who knows how long the other companies can last, I remember the rise and fall of Dada......so.....

In my opinion, while I understand what you are saying, I hate hiring a spokes person. That's just me. I read an article earlier where a musician or something that is leaving adidas for puma. They are paid to say whatever and therefore they have no problem leaving. I guess you could buy loyalty, maybe. I do agree that they would need to put the shoes out there where younger people see it. It's going to take someone where they feel a connection to the company and want to see it grow. You think about Jamal Crawford leaving Brandblack to go to adidas. He's just wearing whatever at adidas but had a sig at Brandblack, he was THE man, he helped build the company. He even left.....I guess some people just take the money, and that's fine, everybody gotta eat. He was THE guy at BB, now he's some guy at adidas.

There, that's my rant lol
post #5536 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesandSTL View Post


While I agree with some of what you are saying, like vood99 said, there's more to it than just moving a quick product and with factories and such. It would take more in the long-term. Sure, for Adidas Kanye brought some of the hypebeasts over, but they also make a product that is marketed easily (Dame/Harden). They make a great cushion system for a great price. You think Under Armour, they capitalized on Steph Currys hype, while again making a quality product at a better price point than Nike. Nike/JB is/has been riding off people's nostalgia for some time and making sub par quality items for a jacked up price. Unfortunately, Nike is so large they can pay people to rep their products and never get a sig. Not to mention, some people can't think for themselves and follow so they buy Nikes because they want to fit in. Also, Nike has a lot of lower tiers models, like the Air Monarch and such that make them a killing. Who knows how long the other companies can last, I remember the rise and fall of Dada......so.....

In my opinion, while I understand what you are saying, I hate hiring a spokes person. That's just me. I read an article earlier where a musician or something that is leaving adidas for puma. They are paid to say whatever and therefore they have no problem leaving. I guess you could buy loyalty, maybe. I do agree that they would need to put the shoes out there where younger people see it. It's going to take someone where they feel a connection to the company and want to see it grow. You think about Jamal Crawford leaving Brandblack to go to adidas. He's just wearing whatever at adidas but had a sig at Brandblack, he was THE man, he helped build the company. He even left.....I guess some people just take the money, and that's fine, everybody gotta eat. He was THE guy at BB, now he's some guy at adidas.

There, that's my rant lol


I also get what you are saying and well just have to wait and see what FILA is going to do next. I just hope its something good. Adding on to what I said before about Kanye West and Adidas. I personally don't like his shoes and will never buy them, but I cant knock what he is doing for the company. YO you took it back mentioning Dada lol, I have to admit back in the day I liked some of their shoes and clothing but those Chris Webber Dada's nah not for me.

post #5537 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Flyness View Post


I also get what you are saying and well just have to wait and see what FILA is going to do next. I just hope its something good. Adding on to what I said before about Kanye West and Adidas. I personally don't like his shoes and will never buy them, but I cant knock what he is doing for the company. YO you took it back mentioning Dada lol, I have to admit back in the day I liked some of their shoes and clothing but those Chris Webber Dada's nah not for me.

I remember those super shiny things. They were the team shoes at my high scool. I would love to have some. Even now I would. I would rock them to this day....and thats because I do what I LIKE. I gotta look for that thread lol
post #5538 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesandSTL View Post


I remember those super shiny things. They were the team shoes at my high scool. I would love to have some. Even now I would. I would rock them to this day....and thats because I do what I LIKE. I gotta look for that thread lol


That's cool if you like them. At least you're being honest.

post #5539 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Flyness View Post


That's cool if you like them. At least you're being honest.

Like that's the nostalgia for me.....the memories of seeing them in magazines and life then. Just like the T-Mac models. I wanted the 2s and 3s so bad.
post #5540 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshouthebox View Post

I can't remember but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Anta owns a percentage of Fila now not 100% so correct me if I'm wrong ?

Anta Acquires Fila to Build its Brand

http://www.labbrand.com/brandsource/anta-acquires-fila-build-its-brand

post #5541 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesandSTL View Post


Like that's the nostalgia for me.....the memories of seeing them in magazines and life then. Just like the T-Mac models. I wanted the 2s and 3s so bad.

There's so many kicks that we could start mentioing from our childhood. I want the Converse Backjam Mid!

post #5542 of 5710
All of u guys make good and valid points but at the end of the day I think we can all agree all we want is to see Fila become a little more relevant in today's market and for them to listen to what we the consumers are actually saying BC we will let them know exactly what we want and at the end of the day there is no Fila w/o US the consumer
post #5543 of 5710
Okay if u were given the power to retro any shoe and it doesn't necessarily have to be Fila what sneaker are u bringing back ? GO!
post #5544 of 5710
For me its gotta be these
post #5545 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshouthebox View Post

JamesandSTL they have multiple sizes left on Amazon and EBay and as for the overall quality of the shoe I would have to rate 7 3/4 to 8 the materials aren't a1 top notch but they aren't bad either its real leather and as for the cushioning I'm a sucker for the foam Fila uses so its great imo however there are some slight imperfections here and there nothing to major so I can overlook so yea I would have to rate around 8

Thanks for the honest review my man, I'll be on the lookout for a pair!
post #5546 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Flyness View Post

You make some real good valid points, but lets just say FILA stops playing games and does something like what I said. I feel that it would be benefecial for the company. I know the new generation don't really know about FILA, that's where signing some new blood plays its role. If they see these new rap artists and athletes wearing FILA. I think it will spark some interested within the younger audience. I'm not saying everbody its going start liking FILA, but atleast FILA would have some new younger fans. For me its like passing down the torch. FILA's legacy needs to keep going or if not the brand is really doomed.

Look at Adidas they have Kanye West and because of that adidas is on top and Under Armour was a company that wasn't even on anyones mind and now because of Stephen Curry they are also on top. Like I said before FILA really needs to sign somebody like Klay Thompson and make that athlete their own signature sneaker, but really design something great like back in the days. If kids see Klay Thompson wearing FILA and I mean it has to be something impressive. I know it would get peoples attention. It's just sad that if I was to ask around Which brand would you wear FILA or Skechers? I have a feeling a lot of people would go with Skechers and that's just sad that FILA has gotten to this point. That people would choose Skechers over FILA. For me FILA is timeless but that's because I know their rich history, but because not everyone knows their history. They just look at FILA like an outcast brand.  That's why for this to not continue on, they really need to change their strategy and start doing something different.

My bro C Flyness, FILA marketing (if it even exists) needs to start giving free/promo items out at every possible opportunity they get. Basketball, soccer, hockey, track and field, hell even Lacrosse. It doesn't have to be footwear, but track jackets, sweats, tees, etc... FILA brand awareness is so damn low that it's only us older cats who knew how on top of the game they were.

Same thing with the hip pop and the celebrity scene. Send out your casual pieces, etc... Most of these these people just wear an item once then discard/recycle it, but you need to get that one opportunity for some photographer or paparazzi to capture them rocking a FILA joint.

Alot of people are in awe that Adidas stepped up lately but the truth is that Adidas has always been popular in certain parts of the world and Kanye gave 'em a 'boost' (no pun intended) mainly in the N.American market which they've never really invested heavily in.
post #5547 of 5710
Also guys, in case you're wondering why I keep stressing that FILA has to keep giving out free product. I worked Nike retail for almost a decade when I first started off my career and I saw first hand how they'd *****/pimp out their product. They'd be 'comping' (giving out complementary) product like it was nothing - just as long as important/influential cats were sporting the Swoosh. It disgusted me sometimes when rich cats would get free stuff simply because they had exposure or were influential in certain industries. But it worked as you'd have the broke cats coming in and dropping hard earned coin on product simply because they saw the next man/woman wearing it.
post #5548 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshouthebox View Post

Okay if u were given the power to retro any shoe and it doesn't necessarily have to be Fila what sneaker are u bringing back ? GO!

Dammit that's a hard one, just one cause there's so many sneakers from a lot different brands that I wish would retro. Just because I've been neglecting Nike lol, let me show them some love. I'll have to go with the Nike Air Flight Turbulence. My little brother had them in the same colorway that Gary Payton wore.


Edited by C Flyness - 1/13/17 at 8:30am
post #5549 of 5710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshouthebox View Post

Okay if u were given the power to retro any shoe and it doesn't necessarily have to be Fila what sneaker are u bringing back ? GO!

I think for me, it would be the T-Mac models. They did the 1s and 5s and I have missed a few others. I completed my grails set (Nike Vicks) and I remember kids in high school having T-Macs and I never had the money to grab them......if Nike, then the Vince Carter models.
post #5550 of 5710
Oh! I completely forgot about the turbulence never had em but my best friend did i always wanted a pair and I dig the Vince carter sigs as well still tryna find the vc2 shox
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Other Brands
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Kicks › Other Brands › ***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***