NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Music › OFFICIAL kanYe West x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - CRUEL WINTER 2016!! NEW SINGLE CHAMPIONS W/ GUWOP X QUAVO X TRAVIS #YZYSEASONAPPROACHINGPT2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OFFICIAL kanYe West x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - CRUEL WINTER 2016!! NEW SINGLE CHAMPIONS W/ GUWOP X QUAVO X TRAVIS #YZYSEASONAPPROACHINGPT2 - Page 671

post #20101 of 20128
You can add rants, "fashion", etc also to the music fix
post #20102 of 20128
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexODY View Post

Besides College Dropout, he's been rich and famous for all of his albums. Your notion is foolish
You sound foolish. As if there aren't various levels to being Rich and Famous. Is Kanye your Daddy ? Saint, is that you ?
post #20103 of 20128
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDiginson View Post


You sound foolish. As if there aren't various levels to being Rich and Famous. Is Kanye your Daddy ? Saint, is that you ?


he made a simple statement and retort off your simple remark.

 

i don't get why y'all get so emotional over a discussion.

 

like calm down lol

I AM A NIGHTMARE.

Reply

I AM A NIGHTMARE.

Reply
post #20104 of 20128
Quote:
Originally Posted by instagram View Post


he made a simple statement and retort off your simple remark.

i don't get why y'all get so emotional over a discussion.

like calm down lol
Definitely not worked up. I just simply stated my opinion, but I'll put my shirt back on.
post #20105 of 20128
Lol I'm not even defending the guy but you're basically saying money and fame changed a person who never was humble and always considered himself the greatest
White Privilege EST 11/7/2016
Reply
White Privilege EST 11/7/2016
Reply
post #20106 of 20128
idk man, his demeanor and his rant topics changed a little

before he used to fight for the "art" of music and for other artists, and being larger than life etc

now his rants are about how snobby designers wont let him sit with them...

he's basically admitted he only makes music now to remain "relevant" enough to be able to design...not like he's genuinely out to make another MBDTF.

music is a bit of a reflection of that but I guess times change people *shrug*
Edited by GInfante - 4/26/17 at 6:13am
post #20107 of 20128
College dropout still remains a classic. Such a transcendent album

I AM A NIGHTMARE.

Reply

I AM A NIGHTMARE.

Reply
post #20108 of 20128
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexODY View Post

Lol I'm not even defending the guy but you're basically saying money and fame changed a person who never was humble and always considered himself the greatest
To say Kanye hasn't changed is a huge stretch, but agree to disagree I suppose.
post #20109 of 20128
I agree his music has regressed and what not but

Y'all want dude to rant about the same stuff as 10-15 years ago? laugh.gif

How can you regress in ranting? laugh.gif

Website for preordering the latest kicks 100% authentic guaranteed pairs
Waveysolez.bigcartel.com
Reply

Website for preordering the latest kicks 100% authentic guaranteed pairs
Waveysolez.bigcartel.com
Reply
post #20110 of 20128
it's subjective but you can argue his rants had purpose back then compared to now...he was backing it up with the music he put out

For instance - being socially aware, race, corporations etc...MBDTF came from it. Immaculate album


Fashion, wanting to be taken serious as a designer, nike vs adidas....Yeezus came from it

It's different
Edited by GInfante - 4/26/17 at 6:57am
post #20111 of 20128
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWavez View Post

I agree his music has regressed and what not but

Y'all want dude to rant about the same stuff as 10-15 years ago? laugh.gif

How can you regress in ranting? laugh.gif

That fool was ranting about his friends not talking to him, and telling his friend not to send shooters at him mean.gif that fool went on a long rant just to end his concert early.

That's not off to y'all? Are we really defending that?
post #20112 of 20128
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWavez View Post

Y'all want dude to rant about the same stuff as 10-15 years ago? laugh.gif

How can you regress in ranting? laugh.gif

Dude last rant was on streaming companies causing division among artists and affecting the finished product of music.

I get it what ya'll saying but dudes love to ignore certain things

Personally I don't care for his rants, it's just something he does to catch his breath.

Kanye has definitely changed but moreso yes-man and recognition amongst his peers played a bigger part than money and fame
White Privilege EST 11/7/2016
Reply
White Privilege EST 11/7/2016
Reply
post #20113 of 20128
That was the same rant that dude said he would've voted Trump

I know everyone has freedom of politics, but this is the same guy who went off of Bush some 10 years ago

I think a big part of it is who dude is hanging around, he's in that reality hollywood life surrounded mainly by a superficial family who would exploit their own for fame
post #20114 of 20128
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexODY View Post


Kanye has definitely changed but moreso yes-man and recognition amongst his peers played a bigger part than money and fame

You could argue that a lot of that goes hand in hand.
post #20115 of 20128
Quote:
Originally Posted by illphillip View Post

You could argue that a lot of that goes hand in hand.

Recognition and fame, is arguably one in the same. But the team he choses to surround himself is on him
White Privilege EST 11/7/2016
Reply
White Privilege EST 11/7/2016
Reply
post #20116 of 20128
Money can factor into recognition and fame as well.

Remember, he was openly talking about his "debt", or at least how much money he'd lost on his fashion ventures, at one point as well. And he's been openly courting investors.
post #20117 of 20128
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexODY View Post

Dude last rant was on streaming companies causing division among artists and affecting the finished product of music.

I get it what ya'll saying but dudes love to ignore certain things

Personally I don't care for his rants, it's just something he does to catch his breath.

Kanye has definitely changed but moreso yes-man and recognition amongst his peers played a bigger part than money and fame
The fame money and accolades is what brings and enables the Yes manism. To say that doesn't play a role is nonsense.
post #20118 of 20128
You can be broke and nameless and still have yes-men, i.e. all these soundcloud rappers with alil buzz.

Him bringing up losing $$ in fashion was to show how invested he was in fashion, him courting investors was him thinking ppl would help him take over the world cuz he sold some sneakers.
White Privilege EST 11/7/2016
Reply
White Privilege EST 11/7/2016
Reply
post #20119 of 20128
Hand in hand man.
post #20120 of 20128
So much reach.Dude is one step away from dying his hair blonde and recording himself screaming Leave Kanye alone.
post #20121 of 20128
Blonde hair must rly trigger something in you dawg. Got you all uptight and all
White Privilege EST 11/7/2016
Reply
White Privilege EST 11/7/2016
Reply
post #20122 of 20128
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexODY View Post

Blonde hair must rly trigger something in you dawg. Got you all uptight and all
ok
post #20123 of 20128

how did you guys not include this gem in the best features 

 

post #20124 of 20128
Few more out there....
post #20125 of 20128
Slow Jams count as a feature??
White Privilege EST 11/7/2016
Reply
White Privilege EST 11/7/2016
Reply
post #20126 of 20128

 

and this one, idk why but this is just a summer song

 

late night, windows down, cruising headed to chicken and rice

 

:smokin 

post #20127 of 20128
his GOAT feature was Jeezy - Put On

one i really like that not many people know about is
Nicki Minaj - Blazin
post #20128 of 20128
Quote:
Originally Posted by GInfante View Post

his GOAT feature was Jeezy - Put On

one i really like that not many people know about is
Nicki Minaj - Blazin
that whole summer we used to smash the repeat button on Put On every day, '08 is still one of the best​ years of my young life


he killed that whole verse in blazin', one of my favorites too pimp.gif

"I got 2 white Russians but we also need some drinks" glasses.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
  • OFFICIAL kanYe West x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - CRUEL WINTER 2016!! NEW SINGLE CHAMPIONS W/ GUWOP X QUAVO X TRAVIS #YZYSEASONAPPROACHINGPT2
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Music › OFFICIAL kanYe West x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - CRUEL WINTER 2016!! NEW SINGLE CHAMPIONS W/ GUWOP X QUAVO X TRAVIS #YZYSEASONAPPROACHINGPT2