NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Music › OFFICIAL kanYe West x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - CRUEL WINTER 2016!! NEW SINGLE CHAMPIONS W/ GUWOP X QUAVO X TRAVIS #YZYSEASONAPPROACHINGPT2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OFFICIAL kanYe West x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - CRUEL WINTER 2016!! NEW SINGLE CHAMPIONS W/ GUWOP X QUAVO X TRAVIS #YZYSEASONAPPROACHINGPT2 - Page 168

post #5011 of 19853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce King View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by the hater boxden View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce King View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG2798 View Post

Yeezus is better than Magna Carta, end of story. Jay passed the torch to Kanye a long time ago. That being said I was disappointed in Yeezus, but that was inevitable considering Kanye's last solo album was MBDTF.


If that's the case, it would appear that Kanye just passed the torch to J. Cole.  Either that or J. Cole just snatched the torch right out of Kanye's hand, one or the other. 


lol.




indifferent.gif

As for you champ, you have more copies of Yeezus to purchase.  Right now your boy Kanye is on pace to playing catch up as indicated below.  That being said 10 copies wasn't enough, YOU must/got to do more...........






Me & duece king on da same side of a argument

For once laugh.gif... J. Cole lappin this yeezus weedplate

pimp.gif

https://twitter.com/Ninjahood

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply

https://twitter.com/Ninjahood

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply
post #5012 of 19853
i'm just happy that hiphop is continuing to get those top slots despite no top 40 radio

also macklemore is beasting on sales
Instagram: @hwfloss | twitter: @hwfloss

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/hollywood-floss/id371882416
Reply
Instagram: @hwfloss | twitter: @hwfloss

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/hollywood-floss/id371882416
Reply
post #5013 of 19853
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHust1e View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by the hater boxden View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gllahone84 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahood View Post

Wack album...wack video..now what?


wack tour pimp.gif
Def not missing this wack *** tour nthat.gif

front row pimp.gif
For Sale: Deadstock KD IV Christmas Size 13
$249 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: Deadstock KD IV Year Of The Dragon Size 13
$279 (USD) or best offer
Reply
For Sale: Deadstock KD IV Christmas Size 13
$249 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: Deadstock KD IV Year Of The Dragon Size 13
$279 (USD) or best offer
Reply
post #5014 of 19853

Yeezy messed up at 3 minutes during that leaked video roll.gif

 

 

 

Reply

 

 

 

Reply
post #5015 of 19853
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahood View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce King View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by the hater boxden View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce King View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG2798 View Post

Yeezus is better than Magna Carta, end of story. Jay passed the torch to Kanye a long time ago. That being said I was disappointed in Yeezus, but that was inevitable considering Kanye's last solo album was MBDTF.


If that's the case, it would appear that Kanye just passed the torch to J. Cole.  Either that or J. Cole just snatched the torch right out of Kanye's hand, one or the other. 


lol.




indifferent.gif

As for you champ, you have more copies of Yeezus to purchase.  Right now your boy Kanye is on pace to playing catch up as indicated below.  That being said 10 copies wasn't enough, YOU must/got to do more...........





Me & duece king on da same side of a argument

For once laugh.gif... J. Cole lappin this yeezus weedplate

pimp.gif

 

I see playboy laugh.gif.   

Team 49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
Team Member #2, The Dynasty will return




Team
DC/MD/VA
Cough up a lung..Where Im From!!
O.G. Member #5
Reply
Team 49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
Team Member #2, The Dynasty will return




Team
DC/MD/VA
Cough up a lung..Where Im From!!
O.G. Member #5
Reply
post #5016 of 19853
Ye's verse on John Legend's "Number one" record smokin.gifpimp.gifpimp.gif

Damn I miss when he (And Good Music for that matter) made music like that tired.gif
post #5017 of 19853
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMosEnvied View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by zube42 View Post

Maybe when Cole puts out an album I can listen to more than once.

He did and its the #1 album sleep aid in the country for 3 weeks.
post #5018 of 19853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Marcus View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMosEnvied View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by zube42 View Post

Maybe when Cole puts out an album I can listen to more than once.


He did and its the #1 album sleep aid in the country for 3 weeks.

laugh.gif

But didn't Wale get num 1 for a week in there some where? When was J.Cole num1 for 3 weeks? Yeezus was num 1...then cole? then Wale....then Cole?

I think Yeezus tour will be great honestly....will attend...if i can afford it laugh.gif
Tannersville
Butchers Hill Bmore

XOTWOD
Reply
Tannersville
Butchers Hill Bmore

XOTWOD
Reply
post #5019 of 19853
Last three #1s were Yeezus, The Gifted, then Born Sinner
NT's Chill Youtube Playlist (Part II)

Your musical suggestions/contributions welcome: Post Your Favorite Chill Songs
Reply
NT's Chill Youtube Playlist (Part II)

Your musical suggestions/contributions welcome: Post Your Favorite Chill Songs
Reply
post #5020 of 19853
My screenshot of this weeks sales made it all the way over to the Kanye thread. eek.gif

I Feel Famous... I'm now a part of history. pimp.gif
LOS ANGELES LAKERS - SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
MARGOT ROBBIE
COLE WORLD
Reply
LOS ANGELES LAKERS - SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
MARGOT ROBBIE
COLE WORLD
Reply
post #5021 of 19853
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT43 View Post

Last three #1s were Yeezus, The Gifted, then Born Sinner

Great month for Hip-Hop and European Electronic Heavy Metal music. nthat.gif
LOS ANGELES LAKERS - SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
MARGOT ROBBIE
COLE WORLD
Reply
LOS ANGELES LAKERS - SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
MARGOT ROBBIE
COLE WORLD
Reply
post #5022 of 19853
I think Jay's explanation for Yeezus was a good one. Yeezus was a huge risk and it didn't come out as a GREAT album but one that people have payed attention too. Now while some of the music may have not been the best it did put forth a new sound in hip-hop that can be toyed with and adjusted to new artist likes. So although he had an idea that alot of people didn't think was executed well someone else can pick and choose what they like from it and evolve parts of this album into something great.
post #5023 of 19853
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT43 View Post

Last three #1s were Yeezus, The Gifted, then Born Sinner

Great month for Hip-Hop and European Electronic Heavy Metal music. nthat.gif


I see what you did there laugh.gif

post #5024 of 19853
that black skinhead video... sick.gifindifferent.gif
post #5025 of 19853
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyisny View Post

I think Jay's explanation for Yeezus was a good one. Yeezus was a huge risk and it didn't come out as a GREAT album but one that people have payed attention too. Now while some of the music may have not been the best it did put forth a new sound in hip-hop that can be toyed with and adjusted to new artist likes. So although he had an idea that alot of people didn't think was executed well someone else can pick and choose what they like from it and evolve parts of this album into something great.

Honest question...what sets Yeezus apart from other experimental albums (in hip-hop) that came before it's release?
post #5026 of 19853

IMO J Cole doesn't have a future in hip hop. In about 6 years, I don't think people will be discussing him at all.

post #5027 of 19853
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike View Post

that black skinhead video... sick.gifindifferent.gif


mean.gif

 

grounds for dismissal

post #5028 of 19853
Quote:
Originally Posted by tay1 View Post

IMO J Cole doesn't have a future in hip hop. In about 6 years, I don't think people will be discussing him at all.

I don't mean to distract you from the fun you're having with your crystal ball......

The fact is, Cole has 2 #1 albums under his belt. So he seems to be doing just fine.

Kanye has a subpar release. More people are talking about his baby, his girl, what he's mad at today, his clothes, his sneakers, his latest rant etc. than they are his music.

Sadly, this is what so many people buy into. Same clowns that tried to **** on Kendrick's album. Because it was "boring". Because great music just isn't enough for them.

If that's what Cole has to do to be discussed in 6 years in your opinion, well that's just not for everyone.
post #5029 of 19853

Maybe someone here can help me with this:

 

I have two versions of Yeezus -- the one that leaked on June 15th, and then an iTunes .m4a someone sent me and the two versions are completely mastered differently.

 

My friend claims that's because the iTunes .m4a is the final mastered mix -- and it would make sense... the beat drops out at several points in the album (like when ye says "it's so packed i might ride around on my bodyguards back like prince in the club") and at the beginning of Black Skinheads it's lupe/cyhi saying "for my theme song" instead of a harmony of his and kanye's voices.

 

But then I checked spotify and it's the same mix as the original version I had.  But the new itunes is definitely different and ... better mixed?

 

I'm just wondering if there were two mixes put out (like he did with albums like late registration and later CD.)  And if so which is the correct final mix.


Edited by Nako XL - 7/10/13 at 12:25pm
post #5030 of 19853

Never mind, found info on it.  For those complaining about the Black Skinhead mix, maybe this fixes it?:

 

 

 

Quote:
Itunes (US) - Clear differences from 77MB leak. Allegedly, the final, mastered version. Most notably, differences in screaming and the first line on "BlackSkinhead." 

iTunes (World) - Lacks the mastered changes of the US iTunes version. 

FLAC Leak - While excellent quality, this is different from the itunes version as far as mixing/mastering. The FLAC is based on the physical album leak. 

Physical - TBD. Most likely no difference from leak. 

Kanyewest.com store - 320 Quality, consensus seems to be not the same as the iTunes version- more similar to the leak. Also, poorly tagged for iTunes users.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4chan

~1. ON SIGHT - Sounds smoother and polished, sample break sounds better, less grainy and coarse than leak.

2. BLK SKN HEAD - Lupe/Cyhi says first line then Ye comes in, screams are more pronounced, sounds crisper.

3. I AM A GOD - More polished, little detail noises more noticeable.

4. NEW SLAVES - Seems to hit harder, outro sounds cleaned up and more CDQ-esque.

5. HOLD MY LIQUOR - WAAYYYYYY more polished IMO, sex to my ears 9bh.

6. I'M IN IT - more polished, clearer, crisper.

7. BLOOD ON THE LEAVES - more polished, clearer, crisper, and ending sounds more emotional with cleaned up mixing.

8. GUILT TRIP - noticeably more polished, doesn't sound as wonky at parts - especially the beginning, his voice is better mixed into the beat, and the ending with the orchestration is even better, the little detail futuristic sounds pop better too.

9. SEND IT UP - the prince line is now without the beat - makes it more dramatic, more polished and crisper.

10. BOUND - polished, clearer, crisper, sample sounds better, and charlie wilson's vocals sound piercingly clear - very moving ****.~

 


Edited by Nako XL - 7/10/13 at 12:32pm
post #5031 of 19853
Quote:
Originally Posted by illphillip View Post


I don't mean to distract you from the fun you're having with your crystal ball......

The fact is, Cole has 2 #1 albums under his belt. So he seems to be doing just fine.

Kanye has a subpar release. More people are talking about his baby, his girl, what he's mad at today, his clothes, his sneakers, his latest rant etc. than they are his music.

Sadly, this is what so many people buy into. Same clowns that tried to **** on Kendrick's album. Because it was "boring". Because great music just isn't enough for them.

If that's what Cole has to do to be discussed in 6 years in your opinion, well that's just not for everyone.

 

I think right now more people are talking about his music than the things you listed, to be honest

 

and comparing the Kendrick album to the J.Cole album...cmon man. Kendrick's album was risky for a major label and it worked to an enormous degree. J.Cole's album is the definition of safe/opposite of risky.

 

Cole has 2 #1 albums because girls buy his music. When you have women buying your music and you're not necessarily in the female demographic, you can usually count on cashing in heavy

post #5032 of 19853

I think people in this thread have WIDELY differing views on what is "risky" musically.

post #5033 of 19853
Quote:
Originally Posted by IncredibleEv View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by illphillip View Post

I don't mean to distract you from the fun you're having with your crystal ball......


The fact is, Cole has 2 #1 albums under his belt. So he seems to be doing just fine.


Kanye has a subpar release. More people are talking about his baby, his girl, what he's mad at today, his clothes, his sneakers, his latest rant etc. than they are his music.


Sadly, this is what so many people buy into. Same clowns that tried to **** on Kendrick's album. Because it was "boring". Because great music just isn't enough for them.


If that's what Cole has to do to be discussed in 6 years in your opinion, well that's just not for everyone.

I think right now more people are talking about his music than the things you listed, to be honest

and comparing the Kendrick album to the J.Cole album...cmon man. Kendrick's album was risky for a major label and it worked to an enormous degree. J.Cole's album is the definition of safe/opposite of risky.

Cole has 2 #1 albums because girls buy his music. When you have women buying your music and you're not necessarily in the female demographic, you can usually count on cashing in heavy

So little of what you said makes sense, I don't know where to begin....

This whole sentence though laugh.gif

"Cole has 2 #1 albums because girls buy his music. When you have women buying your music and you're not necessarily in the female demographic, you can usually count on cashing in heavy"

So girls buy his music, but he's not in the female demographic. How'd you deduce THAT?

You also seem to have missed the point entirely on the Kendrick/Cole comparison.

If you were really honest, with yourself, you would know that outside of this thread, everything else going on with Kanye is being discussed moreso than his album.

Be real. In this thread alone, or all over NT, you can see the obsession with Kanye is more about the man than the music and it's been that way for quite some time.

THAT was the root of the Kendrick/Cole comparison. But I explained it clearly enough the first time and you missed it. So I ain't even.....
post #5034 of 19853

That's fine about the Kendrick/Cole thing I'm not tryna look thru all these pages to find what you really meant, especially in the Kanye thread.

 

But really with Kanye what people talk about and are so fascinated by is the music plus everything about him. Dude has become this weirdo, brash, mad-genius personality in pop music which is why if you look thru some of my earlier posts I compare him to guys like Bowie and Prince. But RIGHT NOW tho...it's the music everyone is talking about. Not sure how that line of discussion applies to Kendrick or J.Cole but again I can't really backtrack thru this thread. I'm very honest with myself, btw.

 

With J.Cole's album sales...he's a rapper. His demographic is not women, I'm sorry it's not. But his rap music appeals to women, and all I'm saying is when you get women interested in buying music that is not targeted at women, that music will get a major uptick in sales. That's pretty much the truth.

post #5035 of 19853

illphillip, the whole "outside of this thread, everything else going on with Kanye is being discussed moreso than his album." thing isn't true man... just do a google news search on his name.  You might see Kim's name once. laugh.gif

 

I understand what you're trying to say -- Cole is all music, Kanye has 1000 other things going on, but you're exaggerating your stance to make your point.

 

My only contribution to you two's debate.  Carry on.

post #5036 of 19853
I don't need to use Google and I'm not exaggerating.

I have eyes and ears and both happen to be entrenched in music.

It's not even about Kim. If there's talk about his music, it's about how he's mad that the video leaked. Not how great the song or the video is.

Or his baby. Baby's name. Where the baby's living. Or is he mad at Jay for dropping his album. Or what's his relationship with Kim's mom.

The cumulative sum of all of those things outweighs the talk of his music right now.

I've seen more people talking about his bum *** outfit in LA than there are talking about the album.
post #5037 of 19853
Yeezus smash your girl illphillip?


Jk, but you really do hate Kanye though laugh.gif
post #5038 of 19853
don't even think he hates 'Ye
I think his problem is with the internet stans trying their hardest to rewrite history.
post #5039 of 19853
Quote:
Originally Posted by illphillip View Post

I don't need to use Google and I'm not exaggerating.

I have eyes and ears and both happen to be entrenched in music.

It's not even about Kim. If there's talk about his music, it's about how he's mad that the video leaked. Not how great the song or the video is.

Or his baby. Baby's name. Where the baby's living. Or is he mad at Jay for dropping his album. Or what's his relationship with Kim's mom.

The cumulative sum of all of those things outweighs the talk of his music right now.

I've seen more people talking about his bum *** outfit in LA than there are talking about the album.

 

But how can you say "I have eyes and ears" as evidence that your opinion is an authoritative fact?

 

of course all talk today is going to be about him being upset about his video leaking... it leaked yesterday. he replied to the leak last night.  it's the news of the day.  but even that is talk about his album.

 

the first ten pages of Kanye news search (google alerts) is mostly about his video, 3 posts about Kim, 2 posts about him being at lebron's the decision, and the rest about his album.

 

For the last week it's all been about his album and how it compares to MCHG.  In fact no one has reviewed MCHG without comparing it to Yeezus.

 

He had a kid two weeks ago and you can barely find any new news on it.  Seriously, do a google search on "North West+Kim Kardashian".  Then do a google search for Kanye Yeezus and see how many results you get in the last week.

 

So again, I get your point -- you can't compare Kanye and Kendrick or J. Cole because the latter two are ALL about music, and Kanye has different spheres of influence and interest, to say the majority of talk about him is about other things than music is simply incorrect.

 

That's like saying during the Finals the majority of talk about Lebron was about the decision and free agency.  Were people talking about that too? Sure.  But he's a ball player first and foremost.  And Kanye wouldnt be as ever present in the news as he is if he hadn't just dropped an album and shut down Governors Ball.

 

He might be getting covered in way more tabloids than the other rappers you named, but he's also getting way longer write ups than them in every single music blog and magazine that they're in.  So who cares where else he's being mentioned too?

post #5040 of 19853
Starting to really enjoy this album. Justin Vernon on "I'm In It" is godly.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
  • OFFICIAL kanYe West x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - CRUEL WINTER 2016!! NEW SINGLE CHAMPIONS W/ GUWOP X QUAVO X TRAVIS #YZYSEASONAPPROACHINGPT2
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Music › OFFICIAL kanYe West x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - CRUEL WINTER 2016!! NEW SINGLE CHAMPIONS W/ GUWOP X QUAVO X TRAVIS #YZYSEASONAPPROACHINGPT2