The Nike Roshe "One"Superior ventilation and cushioning
Ultra-lightweight and breathable, the Nike Roshe Run Shoe features a full mesh upper and EVA foam outsole.
- Full mesh upper for excellent breathability
- Full-length Phylon midsole for lightweight cushioning and comfort
- Waffle pattern outsole for traction
- Cushioned collar for protection around ankle
- EVA foam outsole for lightweight impact absorption and durabilityDylan Raasch (Roshe Run Designer) wrote:
Since I was young I have practiced meditation, so the concept of Zen and simplicity plays a big part in my life. The inspiration and name comes directly from the word “Roshi,” which is a title given to a Zen master. And to me, nothing really epitomizes simplicity better than a Zen master. For legal reasons, we had to change the “i” to an “e,” but it is still pronounced the same so it worked for me.
From there, I designed the shoe to be as simple as possible by keeping only what was absolutely necessary. For a running silhouette, it turns out you don’t need much: quarter support, heel support and some cushioning. Once the unnecessary elements were removed, it was an exercise of sculpting and refinement. I pictured the Zen master meditating in his Zen garden and used the shapes and color for inspiration. The bottom of the outsole uses the Nike natural motion waffle pattern, but I wanted them to look like stepping stones in the garden. The insole was designed to mimic a freshly raked Zen rock garden. The original iguana colorway played off the natural dark green moss and leaves and the off-white rocks of a Zen garden. Even the midsole profile of the medial and lateral side is slightly different to create a juxtaposition of seriousness and playfulness.
Apart from the details, I wanted the shoe to be as versatile as possible, so I designed it so it could be worn barefoot or with socks. You could dress up or down in it, travel with it, walk or run in it, chill in it, almost anything. I felt the simpler I could make it, the more profound it would become.
"Only The Essentials."
|4||xtianp||San Gabriel V.||11|
|8||BOSS TYCOON||San Jose||10|
|19||MARIOisHOT||San Fernando V.||11|
|25||jordan r||Las Vegas||11|
|33||Camar087||East Bay Area||10|
|55||will mamba||Orange County||10|
"How do Roshe Runs fit?"
- These shoes generally fit TRUE to SIZE, as they are fully constructed with mesh. They will stretch/mold to your feet. However, everyone has different preferences.
Foot Type: Size Chart
- Narrow: TRUE to SIZE or 1/2 SIZE DOWN
- Neutral: TTS
- Wide: TTS or 1/2 SIZE UP
"A women's colorway is appealing to me, what size should I get?"
- Generally, Men's and Women's shoes have different widths. Women's (WIDTH B) shoes are more narrow than Mens (WIDTH D), so keep that in mind. When converting your size, you generally ADD 1.5 to your usual size. (i.e. 9M = 10.5 WMN). With the Roshe Run, the conversion may vary.
Foot Type: Size Chart
- Narrow: 1-1.5 UP
- Neutral: 1-1.5 UP
- Wide: 1.5-2 UP
"How can I distinguish a legitimate pair from a counterfeit?"
- The tag inside will help you confirm whether or not the shoe is authentic.
Items to Inspect:
- Font/Clarity: The fakes tend to look pixelated, especially around the Swoosh.
- Spacing: With the "nikebetterworld.com", the fakes have spacing and inconsistent gaps between the letters.
"My Roshes have gotten siginificantly dirty. How can I clean them up?"
- Remove laces and insoles
- Perform the standard "Brush-N-Soap" procedure
- Place them in a zippered pillowcase
- Place the pillowcase in the washing machine (top loader preferred) with similar colored clothing
- Spread an adequate amount of detergent onto the shoes and load
- Close the zipper
- Set the machine to standard settings
- Once cycles have completed, let air dry.
Edited by ILLustRAYt - 4/7/15 at 8:13am