NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Kicks › Nike › OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK THERE FOR SIZING PREFERENCES)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK THERE FOR SIZING PREFERENCES) - Page 52

Poll Results: Size preference

This is a multiple choice poll
  • 45% of voters (318)
    True to size
  • 24% of voters (170)
    True to size runs snug, but feels fine
  • 27% of voters (193)
    Runs small, need to go .5 size up
  • 6% of voters (45)
    Runs big, need to go .5 size down
703 Total Votes  
post #1531 of 84702

wore my volt trainers again today to go grocery shopping this morning and i it may only be me but i prefer these to freerun 2's (hate how little rocks get stuck in the soles cuz theres a lot of gravel around me ). The zoom air is really responsive, i love how they hug your feet ad the ride is low to the ground.

 

Are they worth $150 probably not but i like the style and shape of them shoe itself and its a start of a very cool concept in shoes from Nike .

post #1532 of 84702
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroat View Post

Thanks for the heads up, but definitely old news. You need to read back a few pages. Montalban released all of their pairs on 7/28 and didnt even sell out initially. People started camping out the night before and so few people were in line vs the number of pairs that were available that people who purchased pairs in the beginning got back in line to purchase a second pair.
Still trying to get $1500 for your pair?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Lunar-Flyknit-HTM-NRG-sz-9-racer-trainer-EBAY-MESSAGE-ME-FOR-PRICE-CUT-/320957123032?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item4aba8909d8#ht_7592wt_990

Bahahaha. What a clown.
#scwcf
Reply
#scwcf
Reply
post #1533 of 84702
^^^^you can't knock a guys hustle, and there's a sucker who's willing drop heavy cash but I gasped at the $150 price on the trainer/racer. I'm good with the GR's. But I still don't see the justification for an otherwise flimsy shoe.


403587297.jpg
instagram- T21D
Reply
instagram- T21D
Reply
post #1534 of 84702

laugh.gif reselling fire red 4s. dat resell struggle

post #1535 of 84702
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSS TYCOON 408 View Post

Did you chat with a rep yet to see if any Nike Store has any? What size are you btw?

I don't have any Nike stores in my area that I could talk to and I'm an 11.5.
post #1536 of 84702
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveVolt View Post


I don't have any Nike stores in my area that I could talk to and I'm an 11.5.

 

Try chatting with a Nike Rep to locate your size (NDC>Contact Us>Chat). If it's out there, they'll give you the store's contact #. From there, you can process a phone order to have them shipped to you.

post #1537 of 84702
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveVolt View Post

I don't have any Nike stores in my area that I could talk to and I'm an 11.5.


Call the flunkies here, yes they still had sizes. only cw's I saw of the racers were both and trainers were the volt, all blk/white, and white/black- Nike Store NorthPark, Dallas Tx(214) 363-4127
instagram- T21D
Reply
instagram- T21D
Reply
post #1538 of 84702
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveVolt View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUgolini View Post

sad to say, but i think you missed the volt trainer release.  The general release was not that general but already happened and I don't think there is going to be another volt trainer release.  All the sites/foreign sites that had them are sold out.

Shoot...thanks for the reply. So if I want to get my hands on them now the only thing I could do is get them from eBay or something along those lines?

 

NVM Just saw his post for an 11.5. Unfortunately they do not have 11.5 in stock. Largest size is 10.5

"YOU WORK YOU LOSE" - Quad Jr. 11-06-14
Oderint Dum Metuant

DS SIZE 9 Way of Wade 1.0 Team No Sleep - $300 obo
DS SIZE 8.5 Air Jordan III Powder Blue - $225 obo 5Lab3 BLACK - $305 obo
For Sale: FS: DS Size 9 Lebron X Corks
$600 (USD)
For Sale: FS: DS Size 9.5 Nike Air Foamposite One Royal Blue
$325 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: FS: DS Air Jordan XI Low Black/Red Size 8.5
$300 (USD) or best offer
Reply
"YOU WORK YOU LOSE" - Quad Jr. 11-06-14
Oderint Dum Metuant

DS SIZE 9 Way of Wade 1.0 Team No Sleep - $300 obo
DS SIZE 8.5 Air Jordan III Powder Blue - $225 obo 5Lab3 BLACK - $305 obo
For Sale: FS: DS Size 9 Lebron X Corks
$600 (USD)
For Sale: FS: DS Size 9.5 Nike Air Foamposite One Royal Blue
$325 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: FS: DS Air Jordan XI Low Black/Red Size 8.5
$300 (USD) or best offer
Reply
post #1539 of 84702
Thank you all for the help. Just got off the phone with the store in Portland and they're on the way! I went with 11 because I heard these ran a half size big. My current shoes are the Free Run 3's which are 11.5 so hopefully that is a good fit. Thanks again everyone , I'll post pics when they arrive!!
post #1540 of 84702
I'm curious to hear your results. I'm an 11.5 in the Frees as well and go back and forth but I think might pick up an 11 in these.
I'm about to let go of a ton of Size 11 stuff...
Reply
I'm about to let go of a ton of Size 11 stuff...
Reply
post #1541 of 84702
Just placed a phone order for the Volt Trainers with Nike Eugene! Very excited.
Team ROSHE
(0 items)
  
Reply
Team ROSHE
(0 items)
  
Reply
post #1542 of 84702
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveVolt View Post

Shoot...thanks for the reply. So if I want to get my hands on them now the only thing I could do is get them from eBay or something along those lines?

Although there will not be a "re-release" per say, stock will be replenishing to stores. NDC had more sizes go up throughout the day of the release. Your best bet is to do some phone work. Road Runner Sports or Fleet Feet. The Fleet Feet in Houston and Connecticut both did phone orders. I actually got my Volts from Houston shipped for less than the cost of the shoe plus CA sales tax. Some Fleet Feet stores have not received their stock yet. Both of the two stores to receive stock said that Nike called and back-ordered their allotment. Then on the day of the release one store got a single size run in the orange trainers while the other still is waiting on their stock. My suggestion is to put on the work on the phones. Sometimes you call and an employee says that a store doesnt do phone orders and then you call back the next day and a different employee says that he can easily do a phone order for you.

Remember Nike is having production issues, or rather just a limited production capacity so that it could not put out all the pairs it wanted to on a wide scale.
post #1543 of 84702
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetweenTheBars View Post

Holy greed...

I don't care much about resellers or those pairs but he has another pair up too.  Looks like the highest completed auctions on eBay were around $800 and this dude is asking almost double?

mean.gif

He has 3 pairs up there on eBay.
He said he paid $900 for the green/blue pair so I dont think $800 is going to happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUgolini View Post

I know it's old news, I was letting "boss tycoon 408" know, because it looked like he didn't know!

Old news as in it was posted heavily in this thread because one of the guys in here was in line for that release and posted about his experience.
post #1544 of 84702
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroat View Post

He said he paid $900 for the green/blue pair

mean.gif
post #1545 of 84702
that story has got to be bs. resllers cant be that lame to buy something at $900 when people are paying less than that from ebay. reseller fail.
AmFam! NB!
Reply
AmFam! NB!
Reply
post #1546 of 84702

Tried out the racers in person, still thinking about getting them...

TEAM AM FAM

"AIR is our element, MAX is our credo"

Reply

TEAM AM FAM

"AIR is our element, MAX is our credo"

Reply
post #1547 of 84702
just got my blue glows from NDC

Beautiful shoe, should be great for lifting/cardio cant wait to break em in today



smokin.gifsmokin.gifsmokin.gif
post #1548 of 84702

Hi all -- longtime lurker with my first post. I have a 10.5 volt trainer in NYC that I was planning to return due to sizing. However, I thought I'd offer them up here given the enthusiasm.

 

Thanks.
 

post #1549 of 84702
Quick follow up to my review of the Racers earlier last week. I've found that the Zoom units do soften up a fair bit and that now the ride is nowhere near as harsh as it was the first run. It definitely feels "springier" now than before and there is adequate cushioning (albeit still nowhere near that of the Lunar based shoes) and they do feel better on runs than my Free Run 2s at higher paces. The upper has yet to give any which makes me quite happy that I opted for something that didn't feel constricting from the get go, although my friend who bought the Trainers mentioned that the upper is starting to stretch a little and really conform to his foot. (he also has wide feet although he opted to go TTS and deal with the longer length) Durability is holding up relatively well although I'm running as much as I can on concrete and relatively well maintained asphalt. I've probably put on about 20 miles so far and the outsole seem to be in pretty decent shape. I'll post more as I start logging longer miles in the shoes.

Question to those that have been running in the Trainers. Have you found that the forefoot area of the upper stretches a bit? Or has it remained relatively as snug as before?
post #1550 of 84702
|

Edited by DrUgolini - 8/10/15 at 10:17pm
post #1551 of 84702

Anyone find any info on the multicolored pair with the Olympics rings on the tongue?  Probably just something cooked up in the kitchen, but I figured I would ask if anyone has heard word of production.

 

Thanks!

post #1552 of 84702
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUgolini View Post



Man some of y'all like to talk about everybodys business.  I paid up to 900 a pair for my three mixed htm's in size 9.  I was thinking they were going to run .5 size big, because so many people were saying that.  It turns out they are true to size, i'm a 9.5.  So now the 9's are up for sale.  If you don't want to purchase or make an offer, that is all good.  But haters quit hating, you do your thing i do mine.  I don't comment on someone complaining about paying 150$ for a flyknit trainer, when they are well worth it, so quit commenting about what I do, thats me, not you.  



 



BTW.  In my experience racer flyknit, trainer flyknit and lunar flyknits all fit true to size.  As long as you tie your shoes.



It is not hating to state facts. I have never given my opinion on you as a reseller or why you are reselling or anything pertaining to you selling, nor have I said anything negative about you reselling. That is your business. I have stated only the available facts. That is not hating.
Fact: your eBay listing is priced at $1500
Fact: you have 3 pairs of HTM Flyknits for sale on eBay
Fact: You paid up to $900 for one of your pairs of HTM's.

The ONLY opinion of mine that I have stated is that I dont think you will sell your one of your pairs for $800 when you paid $900. In my opinion, I dont think you will take that loss.

I dont get at what point stating facts became hating. I see the other comments from other people, but what I have written are simple facts. You should expect comments on what you are doing when you do it in a public place. Posting a listing on eBay is making something public.


Looks like from your picture that you are only two Trainer color-ways short of the full GR collection. Damn impressive.
Edited by cutthroat - 8/6/12 at 2:48pm
post #1553 of 84702
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrizzly21 View Post

Anyone find any info on the multicolored pair with the Olympics rings on the tongue?  Probably just something cooked up in the kitchen, but I figured I would ask if anyone has heard word of production.

Thanks!

There are 4 athletes that are competing under the Olympic flag instead of a country flag. One is a guy from South Sudan who lives in the US. The other 3 were athletes from the Dutch Antilles. The reason they had to compete under the Olympic flag is because their respective countries do not have an Olympic Committee to represent them which is a requirement to compete for a country. The Olympic Flyknits were created specially for those 4 athletes.
post #1554 of 84702
Quote:
Originally Posted by penpen View Post

Quick follow up to my review of the Racers earlier last week. I've found that the Zoom units do soften up a fair bit and that now the ride is nowhere near as harsh as it was the first run. It definitely feels "springier" now than before and there is adequate cushioning (albeit still nowhere near that of the Lunar based shoes) and they do feel better on runs than my Free Run 2s at higher paces. The upper has yet to give any which makes me quite happy that I opted for something that didn't feel constricting from the get go, although my friend who bought the Trainers mentioned that the upper is starting to stretch a little and really conform to his foot. (he also has wide feet although he opted to go TTS and deal with the longer length) Durability is holding up relatively well although I'm running as much as I can on concrete and relatively well maintained asphalt. I've probably put on about 20 miles so far and the outsole seem to be in pretty decent shape. I'll post more as I start logging longer miles in the shoes.
Question to those that have been running in the Trainers. Have you found that the forefoot area of the upper stretches a bit? Or has it remained relatively as snug as before?

Just walking around in them all day makes em stretch out. Good to hear that your outsole didn't tear like mine lol!
post #1555 of 84702
Quote:
Originally Posted by anhuynh16 View Post

Just walking around in them all day makes em stretch out. Good to hear that your outsole didn't tear like mine lol!

Yeah... I'm hoping to avoid that... =P

Would you say its pretty substantial? As in it goes from slightly uncomfortable to perfect? I'm pondering getting a pair of Trainers if these Racers don't hold up over longer distances.
post #1556 of 84702
well i was right, because you didn't buy something for a crazy price to flip them. you made a size mistake and trying to avoid taking a huge loss. i didn't think any reseller with common sense would make such a poor "investment" lol. and was right about the story too, since now it's paid "up to" $900 for them. it is what it is. i dont care. what other people do, but it generates a reaction so i post about it. sorry if it hurt your feelings.
let's stick to talking about the shoes... like the next wave of HTMs on the way nerd.gif
AmFam! NB!
Reply
AmFam! NB!
Reply
post #1557 of 84702
Quote:
Originally Posted by higuy View Post

let's stick to talking about the shoes... like the next wave of HTMs on the way nerd.gif

Next wave of HTM's? Like the releases this month or a 4th collection?
post #1558 of 84702
Will these restock? nerd.gif
post #1559 of 84702
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroat View Post

Next wave of HTM's? Like the releases this month or a 4th collection?
4th collection "in a few months"
havent seen any pics

and id still have to guess more pairs from the 3rd collection have to release somewhere (like 21 mercer). i have a hard time believing all 260 pairs dropped after hearing how few were available at each retailer that sold them.
AmFam! NB!
Reply
AmFam! NB!
Reply
post #1560 of 84702
black/white FK trainers for today

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Nike
  • OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK THERE FOR SIZING PREFERENCES)
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Kicks › Nike › OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK THERE FOR SIZING PREFERENCES)