NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Kicks › Nike › OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK THERE FOR SIZING PREFERENCES)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK THERE FOR SIZING PREFERENCES) - Page 53

Poll Results: Size preference

This is a multiple choice poll
  • 45% of voters (319)
    True to size
  • 24% of voters (171)
    True to size runs snug, but feels fine
  • 27% of voters (193)
    Runs small, need to go .5 size up
  • 6% of voters (45)
    Runs big, need to go .5 size down
705 Total Votes  
post #1561 of 84784
Hey, we should set up something for people still trying to find colors/sizes & something for those with sizes that ended up too big/small. Like a Flyknit exchange haha. Something to help those needing pairs/colors are getting to be more & more out of luck, people like me have multiple sizes of colors because of sizing, people were able to get multiple HTMs all because the demand was relatively low around them while others never had a chance. We should be able to help one another out...HELP being the key word, meaning no reselling or anything but a legit exchange to get everyone the colors/sizes they want. Just a thought I had
Just a man with a goal working to make it a reality.
For Sale: 2013 DS Volt/Black Flyknit Lunar 1- Size 10
$150 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: 2014 lightly worn Oreo 1.0 Flyknit Racer- Size 10
$150 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: 2015 DS Blue Lagoon/Volt Flyknit Racer- Size 10
$160 (USD) or best offer
Reply
Just a man with a goal working to make it a reality.
For Sale: 2013 DS Volt/Black Flyknit Lunar 1- Size 10
$150 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: 2014 lightly worn Oreo 1.0 Flyknit Racer- Size 10
$150 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: 2015 DS Blue Lagoon/Volt Flyknit Racer- Size 10
$160 (USD) or best offer
Reply
post #1562 of 84784
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Money 88 05 View Post

Hey, we should set up something for people still trying to find colors/sizes & something for those with sizes that ended up too big/small. Like a Flyknit exchange haha. Something to help those needing pairs/colors are getting to be more & more out of luck, people like me have multiple sizes of colors because of sizing, people were able to get multiple HTMs all because the demand was relatively low around them while others never had a chance. We should be able to help one another out...HELP being the key word, meaning no reselling or anything but a legit exchange to get everyone the colors/sizes they want. Just a thought I had

Demand was low but i think the location of releases kill it for most of the sneaker-heads. Nike rewards just a few select cities: London, Milan, Tokyo, LA, NYC. If you dont live in those cities or close to then the rest of us are screwed in obtaining limited releases for around retail or just above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by higuy View Post

4th collection "in a few months"
havent seen any pics
and id still have to guess more pairs from the 3rd collection have to release somewhere (like 21 mercer). i have a hard time believing all 260 pairs dropped after hearing how few were available at each retailer that sold them.

Where did you hear about the 4th collection from? Any more info that you could provide?
post #1563 of 84784

road runner has a 25% off on the flyknits for VIPs.  black/white trainers and volt racers only.  today is the last day of the promotion.  the price is $122 out the door.  If anyone is looking for a pair, let me know, I'll stop by the store tonight before it closes.  PM and I'll see what they have. 

post #1564 of 84784
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroat View Post

Where did you hear about the 4th collection from? Any more info that you could provide?
someone else just shared info they got. i have no idea how true it is, but the person has no reason to make it up. it's not in my place to ask more questions. maybe someone else knows more.
AmFam! NB!
Reply
AmFam! NB!
Reply
post #1565 of 84784

I chat with an agent from Nike.com and asked if these were going to be restocked. He said he no information on that nor did he know when. However, he said the Nike Flyknit Trainers and racers will be a regular item available for purchase from now on. He also said the first batch sold out so fast because they were so highly anticipated. Notice "first batch".

 

Anyway, while that gives me hope to get black/white and carolina blue trainers someday, I was wondering about phone orders. It makes me nervous about giving out my information by phone because it could be prank, fake phone number, wrong phone number, etc. A place has a pair I could phone order. But is it okay to do this? Or should i be skeptical? What steps should I do to make sure it's safe?

post #1566 of 84784
If it is a Nike store, it is very reliabe and legit. They will not give out your info and are very reasonable with shipping.
Hit me up with any and all offers.
Legit, 10+ year member.
All size 13, all DS.
Follow me on IG: @therealjohncarter
For Sale: VNDS Jordan XI I.E. Retro - Croc
$125 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: DS Nike Kobe X id - Multi-Color
$200 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: VNDS Nike Metcon 1 - Banned
$60 (USD) or best offer
Reply
Hit me up with any and all offers.
Legit, 10+ year member.
All size 13, all DS.
Follow me on IG: @therealjohncarter
For Sale: VNDS Jordan XI I.E. Retro - Croc
$125 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: DS Nike Kobe X id - Multi-Color
$200 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: VNDS Nike Metcon 1 - Banned
$60 (USD) or best offer
Reply
post #1567 of 84784
so im new too this shoe and i really want to see how these shoes are, i have 2 questions

1. Are they going to restock the volt/black or was it limited?

2. Are these shoes made for the olympics because im seeing everyone wear this shoe or are these like the shoe they wear when they win a medal cause that when i see them wear it with the windrunner jacket too. minus seeing bron, melo and kd wear them

thanks
Team ROSHE #24
(0 items)
  
Reply
Team ROSHE #24
(0 items)
  
Reply
post #1568 of 84784

At some point soon there will be a 4th HTM release. Look at the tongue on the mids pictured a couple of pages back....... these will release before the GR chukka. 

post #1569 of 84784
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA KB24 View Post

2. Are these shoes made for the olympics because im seeing everyone wear this shoe or are these like the shoe they wear when they win a medal cause that when i see them wear it with the windrunner jacket too.

the nike marketing machine.
post #1570 of 84784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike View Post

the nike marketing machine.

They sure know what they are doing dont they ...
Hit me up with any and all offers.
Legit, 10+ year member.
All size 13, all DS.
Follow me on IG: @therealjohncarter
For Sale: VNDS Jordan XI I.E. Retro - Croc
$125 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: DS Nike Kobe X id - Multi-Color
$200 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: VNDS Nike Metcon 1 - Banned
$60 (USD) or best offer
Reply
Hit me up with any and all offers.
Legit, 10+ year member.
All size 13, all DS.
Follow me on IG: @therealjohncarter
For Sale: VNDS Jordan XI I.E. Retro - Croc
$125 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: DS Nike Kobe X id - Multi-Color
$200 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: VNDS Nike Metcon 1 - Banned
$60 (USD) or best offer
Reply
post #1571 of 84784

My gift from my colleagues in Italy. 

 

 

700

post #1572 of 84784
i'm quickly falling in love with these... gonna have to grab a pair sooner or later.
post #1573 of 84784
the multicolor pairs from the 3rd HTM drop look so damn nice but the IOA pairs are still my favorites to this point.

the reason why i quoted dude and posted the mean.gif doesn't have much to do with him. it's just frustrating because i assumed the HTMs dropping at the same time as the wider released ones, as well as there being many more pairs than the first 2 drops, would result in an easier time getting pairs for a decent price. so far i see that i'm wrong and there's no way in hell that i'd pay $900 let alone over a grand and i didn't know there would be so many people willing to throw down that much for a pure running shoe. getting a pair from the first drop was waaaay easier.
post #1574 of 84784
Kicking myself for deciding to pass. I waited, they took away the Swoosh discount, and now that it's back my size 11 is gone... Hopefully there's a reup before I lose my discount in September.
post #1575 of 84784
^ Lucky on the HTM! Damn wish I had a Europe connect eyes.gif .~
Edited by QuKtIc - 8/6/12 at 10:40pm
TEAM MARVEL ~ DR.STRANGE
"By the darksome void where chaos reigned"
TeamAutobot
T R A N S F O R M E R S
Team MARVEL
(1 photos)
Team Autobots
(2 photos)
 
Reply
TEAM MARVEL ~ DR.STRANGE
"By the darksome void where chaos reigned"
TeamAutobot
T R A N S F O R M E R S
Team MARVEL
(1 photos)
Team Autobots
(2 photos)
 
Reply
post #1576 of 84784
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyRacer1 View Post

I chat with an agent from Nike.com and asked if these were going to be restocked. He said he no information on that nor did he know when. However, he said the Nike Flyknit Trainers and racers will be a regular item available for purchase from now on. He also said the first batch sold out so fast because they were so highly anticipated. Notice "first batch".

Anyway, while that gives me hope to get black/white and carolina blue trainers someday, I was wondering about phone orders. It makes me nervous about giving out my information by phone because it could be prank, fake phone number, wrong phone number, etc. A place has a pair I could phone order. But is it okay to do this? Or should i be skeptical? What steps should I do to make sure it's safe?

As far a phone orders, I have done many over the years with many different items and types of businesses. I have never had a problem, ever. Just make sure you use a credit card and not an ATM check card. If someone steals your credit card info and purchases something with your credit card, you simply call your credit card company and dispute the items in question and have your card cancelled. Usually they take care of the charges without a problem and then send you a new card. The reason you dont want to use your ATM check card is that if someone gets that info, they can take all of your money out of the bank and/or spend your money and when you dispute the purchase with your bank, it takes much much longer to receive your money back if you get it back at all and then you could not have money to pay bills. When using your credit card, it is money you never had in the first place. You are safe doing a phone order with a brick and mortar store.

On a side note, where most credit card info is stolen is through the use of card scanners placed in businesses and ATMs. You swipe your car and the card scanne,r which is attached inconspicuously, stores the information for your card for use later by the criminal that picks up the scanner at a later date.
post #1577 of 84784
lifted in my pair today

like others have said lacing them up is more comfortable than not tying the laces. Once your foot gets some heat generated you can feel the sides of the shoe fit your foot like a glove. Add in the zoom cushioning and its on another level imo, very comfortable

Definitely much sturdier than I thought they would be, thought they might be more like the roshe flimsiness but not at all

overall, i think the price is a little steep, these should probably be in the eclipse range ~$135 or so. The heel and forefoot zoom to me make it worth the $150 right now, how durable they are will be the other deciding factor. And too be honest initially these seem as if they will hold up pretty well.

Grade: smokin.gifsmokin.gifsmokin.gif
post #1578 of 84784
For those of you who have purchase Flyknit HTM lunars, how is the fit versus the GR Flyknit Trainer? Are you the same size in both the Lunar and Trainer sole?
post #1579 of 84784
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroat View Post

For those of you who have purchase Flyknit HTM lunars, how is the fit versus the GR Flyknit Trainer? Are you the same size in both the Lunar and Trainer sole?

I actually have a pair of the black whites from the second HTM release. I find that mine are TTS as the width is perfect and the length is shorter than the GR Trainers. Interestingly enough, I managed to get a pair from the 3rd release (mixed colorway) and it feels like the shoes are slightly larger as I have a bit more room in the toebox. Comparing the mid/outsoles, it does seem like the third release was a bit larger but only slightly. Keep in mind that I got the second release HTM from Japan and the third release in the US. I'm not sure if it's a fitment difference in size like clothing though (JP L usually equals US M in shirts/jackets/etc) or just a manufacturing tolerance issue. Mildly annoying but nothing that a pair of elite socks doesn't fix. =P

As for the GR Trainers, I mentioned this in a previous post but lengthwise I would have gone down a half size but for midfoot fitment wise, I would have preferred TTS. Take what I'm saying with a grain of salt though as I have a slightly wider foot.
post #1580 of 84784
Quote:
Originally Posted by penpen View Post

I actually have a pair of the black whites from the second HTM release. I find that mine are TTS as the width is perfect and the length is shorter than the GR Trainers. Interestingly enough, I managed to get a pair from the 3rd release (mixed colorway) and it feels like the shoes are slightly larger as I have a bit more room in the toebox. Comparing the mid/outsoles, it does seem like the third release was a bit larger but only slightly. Keep in mind that I got the second release HTM from Japan and the third release in the US. I'm not sure if it's a fitment difference in size like clothing though (JP L usually equals US M in shirts/jackets/etc) or just a manufacturing tolerance issue. Mildly annoying but nothing that a pair of elite socks doesn't fix. =P
As for the GR Trainers, I mentioned this in a previous post but lengthwise I would have gone down a half size but for midfoot fitment wise, I would have preferred TTS. Take what I'm saying with a grain of salt though as I have a slightly wider foot.

Ok I'm typing this out because I want to make sure I have this right. I have a normal width foot. I normally wear a 9.5 in Nikes. I went a half size down (9) in the Flyknit Trainers and I am happy with the fit. You went TTS because the length in the HTM's is shorter? (and also you have a wide foot) Your suggestion would be for me to purchase Flyknit HTM Lunar's (3rd collection) in a size 9.5 which would be TTS?
post #1581 of 84784
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroat View Post

Ok I'm typing this out because I want to make sure I have this right. I have a normal width foot. I normally wear a 9.5 in Nikes. I went a half size down (9) in the Flyknit Trainers and I am happy with the fit. You went TTS because the length in the HTM's is shorter? (and also you have a wide foot) Your suggestion would be for me to purchase Flyknit HTM Lunar's (3rd collection) in a size 9.5 which would be TTS?

Actually I bought the second collection HTM first with the assumption that it was TTS, and ultimately, the fit was perfect. I assumed that the third collection would be the same but it feels like there is more space at the toebox lengthwise (albeit less than the Trainers) while being the same width as the second collection. Again it might just be my particular pair.

If I were in your position, I'd probably go for a 9.5 (your true size) as BOTH HTM variants feel shorter than the Trainers I tried on at the store while maintaining the width. That said, I'd try to take advice from other people in this thread as well as my own experience. The larger the sample size for data, the more accurate the info you will probably get, esp since our foot shapes aren't similar. Were you planning on wearing these with socks?
post #1582 of 84784
Quote:
Originally Posted by penpen View Post

Actually I bought the second collection HTM first with the assumption that it was TTS, and ultimately, the fit was perfect. I assumed that the third collection would be the same but it feels like there is more space at the toebox lengthwise (albeit less than the Trainers) while being the same width as the second collection. Again it might just be my particular pair.
If I were in your position, I'd probably go for a 9.5 (your true size) as BOTH HTM variants feel shorter than the Trainers I tried on at the store while maintaining the width. That said, I'd try to take advice from other people in this thread as well as my own experience. The larger the sample size for data, the more accurate the info you will probably get, esp since our foot shapes aren't similar. Were you planning on wearing these with socks?

Agreed on the gathering the advice of everyone possible on sizing. I already sent out some PM's to those I know that purchase the HTM's. I will be wearing socks with these. I also think 9.5 is the right answer for me. My size 9 trainers were a little snug, almost two much but conformed nicely to my feet after a week or wearing them. I know that if they were even a little bit smaller, they would not have fit. So I would rather gamble on the high side with a 9.5.
Thanks for the insight.
post #1583 of 84784
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroat View Post

Agreed on the gathering the advice of everyone possible on sizing. I already sent out some PM's to those I know that purchase the HTM's. I will be wearing socks with these. I also think 9.5 is the right answer for me. My size 9 trainers were a little snug, almost two much but conformed nicely to my feet after a week or wearing them. I know that if they were even a little bit smaller, they would not have fit. So I would rather gamble on the high side with a 9.5.
Thanks for the insight.

Definitely if they were almost too snug, I'd go with my true size. Since you probably aren't going to be logging massive miles in them and will be using them primarily for casual wear, you would probably feel more comfortable with a larger shoe. Worst case, you could double sock! =P Good luck and let us know how it all goes.
post #1584 of 84784
Nike Innovation Hunt- Pretty dope, Tokyo only mad.gif

Flyknit VS Lunar

















via Nike
post #1585 of 84784
just in! first pair of trainers and the upper on these is definitely more "structured" than the racers imo. dont know about compared to the GR trainers though...
1ed4379e.jpg
a9d7696e.jpg
3cb206ea.jpg
e576b1dd.jpg
6ebb538f.jpg
post #1586 of 84784
Quote:
Originally Posted by verysteri otypical View Post

just in! first pair of trainers and the upper on these is definitely more "structured" than the racers imo. dont know about compared to the GR trainers though...

very nice! i would say im jealous, but im sure you had to pay more than i would want to. hope people chill on these and prices come down to something sane.
AmFam! NB!
Reply
AmFam! NB!
Reply
post #1587 of 84784

just a headsup guys just called nike mercer they said they have almost every size in the volt trainers if n e is looking for them

post #1588 of 84784
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUgolini View Post



Montalban already released the third htm's on 7/28/2012.  Just a heads up.

Oh I know. I mean wider release. 2 stores in the US is not a "wider release". Ive been hearing from a couple well-connnected friends that they will be releasing them sometime in August or September.

One thing that supports this is that all of the previous HTMs were NUMBERED 1 of 100, but they have already released like 300+ of the 3rd series (unnumbered).
post #1589 of 84784
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyRacer1 View Post

Anyway, while that gives me hope to get black/white and carolina blue trainers someday, I was wondering about phone orders. It makes me nervous about giving out my information by phone because it could be prank, fake phone number, wrong phone number, etc. A place has a pair I could phone order. But is it okay to do this? Or should i be skeptical? What steps should I do to make sure it's safe?



I do phone orders all the time. Yea man, Nike (or an authorized nike retailer) is going to steal your credit card info. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif
post #1590 of 84784
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Nike
  • OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK THERE FOR SIZING PREFERENCES)
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Kicks › Nike › OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK THERE FOR SIZING PREFERENCES)