NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Kicks › Nike › OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK THERE FOR SIZING PREFERENCES)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK THERE FOR SIZING PREFERENCES) - Page 29

Poll Results: Size preference

This is a multiple choice poll
  • 45% of voters (318)
    True to size
  • 24% of voters (170)
    True to size runs snug, but feels fine
  • 27% of voters (193)
    Runs small, need to go .5 size up
  • 6% of voters (45)
    Runs big, need to go .5 size down
703 Total Votes  
post #841 of 84714
Quote:
Originally Posted by higuy View Post

For those that care, I read for a size 9, the racer weighs 160g, and the trainer 220g. I got to try a HTM trainers in size 10.5 and they were incredibly light, so I dont know if I would even care about added weight shedding lol.
I will comment a bit on sizing. I have wide feet and usually size up on narrow shoes. I normally wear a 10 in most shoes so that's what I hunted for. I could only find the HTM trainers in a 10.5 and took a gamble knowing I could try to trade them and/or I knew someone that would appreciate them and take them off my hands if they didn't fit. When I got them I immediately notices that although it was sleek and narrow in parts of the trainer, it did have a slightly wider toe box. The uppers have NO padding. All you get is this fine thin flyknit upper so there is a lot of room to play. My foot slid around like crazy. I could have tightened up the laces, but I knew I probably still would've felt a gap like urban's pic. I knew I needed a 10. I'm sure I could fit a 9.5 too. The uppers are so thin and flexible, people that size down will be fine. But I'm not sure it's absolutely necessary. I think it comes down to personal preference on how snug people like their shoes to fit. I personally like a little breathing room.

Thanks for the info. I do like my shoes snug and I have found that shoes that are snug, almost too much, on the first day, stretch after the first week and then fit perfectly after they conform to my feet.
post #842 of 84714

It should be mentioned that there is no extra layer or strengthening in the toe box, so anyone buying half down and hoping to wear no socks should make sure they get a pedicure first. I can see a lot of toes wearing through the upper of these otherwise. 

post #843 of 84714
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40inchBoost View Post

I'm thirsty for more pics of these
especially of the medial side, are the white/blacks like the volts with the black heel half and knitted toe/forefoot??

Word is these are planned to launch on ID in 2014. Currently they have no capabilities to produce for ID with only one "knitting" machine.
post #844 of 84714
because of the lack of padding, it would seem these would fit like other no liner shoes that nike has put out. i dont own a pair of flyknits yet but i have undftd dunks and those def run big because of the lack of padding.

just my 2 cents.
FOR SALE/TRADE:

WANTED:
JORDAN 2 DON C SZ 13 or SZ 12
Reply
FOR SALE/TRADE:

WANTED:
JORDAN 2 DON C SZ 13 or SZ 12
Reply
post #845 of 84714
exactly johnny, that's one thing i wanted to point out so people understood why the preference for some to size down.
AmFam! NB!
Reply
AmFam! NB!
Reply
post #846 of 84714

i have streak 3's and read that they ran large, I went with my normal tts and they fit perfect. everyone is different i guess, i'm going tts on the racers

post #847 of 84714
Quote:
Originally Posted by indianabound View Post

FF Chicago

smokin.gif are these nike exclusives or will boutiques receive them too?
post #848 of 84714

I'm a little iffy on the sizing. On Air Maxes with full 360 air bubbles (2009-20xx, 360 etc etc) I wear half size down. For J's, Lebrons, and even Free Run1,3, I wear my TTS. 

 

Can anyone compare the fit of the Racers and trainers to the Free Run 3's? I can't size down on the Free Run 3's because they are a bit narrow, but for Air Max running shoes I can because of the long toebox.... Decisions Decisions.

"YOU WORK YOU LOSE" - Quad Jr. 11-06-14
Oderint Dum Metuant

DS SIZE 9 Way of Wade 1.0 Team No Sleep - $300 obo
DS SIZE 8.5 Air Jordan III Powder Blue - $225 obo 5Lab3 BLACK - $305 obo
For Sale: FS: DS Size 9 Lebron X Corks
$600 (USD)
For Sale: FS: DS Size 9.5 Nike Air Foamposite One Royal Blue
$325 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: FS: DS Air Jordan XI Low Black/Red Size 8.5
$300 (USD) or best offer
Reply
"YOU WORK YOU LOSE" - Quad Jr. 11-06-14
Oderint Dum Metuant

DS SIZE 9 Way of Wade 1.0 Team No Sleep - $300 obo
DS SIZE 8.5 Air Jordan III Powder Blue - $225 obo 5Lab3 BLACK - $305 obo
For Sale: FS: DS Size 9 Lebron X Corks
$600 (USD)
For Sale: FS: DS Size 9.5 Nike Air Foamposite One Royal Blue
$325 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: FS: DS Air Jordan XI Low Black/Red Size 8.5
$300 (USD) or best offer
Reply
post #849 of 84714
Quote:
Originally Posted by 951guero View Post

smokin.gif are these nike exclusives or will boutiques receive them too?

*facepalm* Have you seriously not read the last couple pages of the thread mean.gifmean.gif
post #850 of 84714
Quote:
Originally Posted by onoudidntgf 
Nice, is that your pic?

Not my pic, Fleet Feet Chicago.

FF Chicago will do steam fitting at the VIP release party on the 31st for all you Chi town heads.
post #851 of 84714
Quote:
Originally Posted by indianabound View Post


Not my pic, Fleet Feet Chicago.
FF Chicago will do steam fitting at the VIP release party on the 31st for all you Chi town heads.


Do you know which racer colorway they got?  I have been in touch with them but they never answer which racer/trainer cw's, they just say a black pair and a volt pair.  I have not seen a black racer so I am a little concerned that they got two colorways of the trainer....

I WANT TO BELIEVE

Reply

I WANT TO BELIEVE

Reply
post #852 of 84714
Ok I've been checking the last few pages, and I was curious as to the steam fitting process.

This can't be something that every retailer is doing, right??

If not, is this kind of like the Foams where after numerous wears, it will fit close to what a steam fit would accomplish??

I'm going to guess that these can't be cooked in the oven like some of the cycling shoes...
Team ROSHE
(0 items)
  
Reply
Team ROSHE
(0 items)
  
Reply
post #853 of 84714
Just found out the only store I know of selling any of these will have the orange flyknit racers. I was gunning for the volt flyknit racers & either the blue glow, all black upper, all red upper, or orange/blue glow upper trainers(in that order). I'll definitely be making the trip for the racers & hoping for the best there, hoping we all have success with our searches tomorrow along with sizing success.

I'm terrified of ordering the wrong size right now, I wanna run my upcoming races in these & the last thing I need is a sizing issue with my running shoes. Seems the consensus is 1/2 down on trainers compared to "TTS" on racers. I pray I'm right haha8o

Edit- Oh ****! I have more posts! Not all of them but I'm above 300, that's all that matters
Just a man with a goal working to make it a reality.
For Sale: 2013 DS Volt/Black Flyknit Lunar 1- Size 10
$150 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: 2014 lightly worn Oreo 1.0 Flyknit Racer- Size 10
$150 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: 2015 DS Blue Lagoon/Volt Flyknit Racer- Size 10
$160 (USD) or best offer
Reply
Just a man with a goal working to make it a reality.
For Sale: 2013 DS Volt/Black Flyknit Lunar 1- Size 10
$150 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: 2014 lightly worn Oreo 1.0 Flyknit Racer- Size 10
$150 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: 2015 DS Blue Lagoon/Volt Flyknit Racer- Size 10
$160 (USD) or best offer
Reply
post #854 of 84714
Courtesy of FF Chicago.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Reply
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Reply
post #855 of 84714
C Money 88 05

You're lucky. I lost all mine... Oh well, I don't plan on selling anything for awhile.
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Reply
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Reply
post #856 of 84714

i will make one last comment on sizing as it pertains to me. obviously everyone has a different foot, which is which i generally like to steer clear of recommending sizes for people. however, since not that many people have been able to try these on, i decided to give me 2 cents originally.

 

for the most part, i wear 9.5 in athletic shoes, and have an average size foot. sure i could cram my foot into a 9 in many cases, but it's really not that comfortable when your toes are crammed up against the edge of the toebox after several hours. and if i try to run in some of those, forget about it.

 

this is what fits me best, and i've tried on the size down for most of these to make sure:

 

airmax : 9.5

spiridon retro : 9.5

talaria : 9.5

lunaracer : 9.5

jordan iii-v : 9.5

dunk : 9.5

vans : 9.5

free : 9.5

i don't wear nikes to run in these days, but when i did : 9.5

other nike racing flats : 9.5

brooks : 9.5

lunargrand suede : 8.5

other cole haan shoes : 9

flyknit trainer and racer : 9

 

realistically, i can wear the 9.5 flyknit. it's not terrible, and hell, i guess i could also throw on some tube socks to take up space if i wanted to look like that dude.

 

maybe it's because i wear a lot of racing flats and i'm used to them fitting the way they do, but the bottom line for me is, the 9 feels way better.

 

good luck.

post #857 of 84714
^^Thanks Urban Waste. I also wear 9.5 in just about everything Nike. The only time I have run into a problem, besides canvas or hemp Nikes, is with my Kashima Antlers Air Max 97. After a full day or wearing them my toes hurt from being crammed into the toe box.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfile 11 View Post

Courtesy of FF Chicago.

The above photo shows the blue to be much darker and the orange to be more "reddish" and rich than the original product photos and the swoosh is black instead of white. What is up with the inconsistencies with the photos? I guess it could be the lighting and/or quality of the camera.

post #858 of 84714
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanwaste View Post

i will make one last comment on sizing as it pertains to me. obviously everyone has a different foot, which is which i generally like to steer clear of recommending sizes for people. however, since not that many people have been able to try these on, i decided to give me 2 cents originally.

for the most part, i wear 9.5 in athletic shoes, and have an average size foot. sure i could cram my foot into a 9 in many cases, but it's really not that comfortable when your toes are crammed up against the edge of the toebox after several hours. and if i try to run in some of those, forget about it.

this is what fits me best, and i've tried on the size down for most of these to make sure:

airmax : 9.5
spiridon retro : 9.5
talaria : 9.5
lunaracer : 9.5
jordan iii-v : 9.5
dunk : 9.5
vans : 9.5
free : 9.5
i don't wear nikes to run in these days, but when i did : 9.5
other nike racing flats : 9.5
brooks : 9.5
lunargrand suede : 8.5
other cole haan shoes : 9
flyknit trainer and racer : 9

realistically, i can wear the 9.5 flyknit. it's not terrible, and hell, i guess i could also throw on some tube socks to take up space if i wanted to look like that dude.

maybe it's because i wear a lot of racing flats and i'm used to them fitting the way they do, but the bottom line for me is, the 9 feels way better.

good luck.

your post just helped me out a lot man. Almost all your sizing comparisons fit me dead on.
LOSANGELESLAKERSOAKLANDRAIDERSOAKLANDATHLETICS
Reply
LOSANGELESLAKERSOAKLANDRAIDERSOAKLANDATHLETICS
Reply
post #859 of 84714
Any more info on Finish Line? I know there's been some back and forth on whether or not they'll get them.

That'd really be my only shot to try them on. Any help is appreciated.
post #860 of 84714
Thanks for the pics urban! That blue is beautiful. Down sizing half a size seems about right as others have mentioned; no padding, cloth like uppers. Most of the lunar based runners ive tried on seem to run true to length.
FS:DS Nike Dunk SB Cork Size10
For Sale: DS Nike SB Dunk High Cork
$95 (USD)
  
Reply
FS:DS Nike Dunk SB Cork Size10
For Sale: DS Nike SB Dunk High Cork
$95 (USD)
  
Reply
post #861 of 84714

What's your guys gut feeling on NDC availability?

 

I'm most likely going to be picking up one of the Trainer colorways, probably the "Sprite" blue/green one.

 

Is it necessary to wake up at 5 am PST?

post #862 of 84714
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbaozi View Post

What's your guys gut feeling on NDC availability?

I'm most likely going to be picking up one of the Trainer colorways, probably the "Sprite" blue/green one.

Is it necessary to wake up at 5 am PST?

Id say probably not necessary to wake up at 5am, there doesnt seem to be a huge demand for these at 150 a pair.
FS:DS Nike Dunk SB Cork Size10
For Sale: DS Nike SB Dunk High Cork
$95 (USD)
  
Reply
FS:DS Nike Dunk SB Cork Size10
For Sale: DS Nike SB Dunk High Cork
$95 (USD)
  
Reply
post #863 of 84714
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212theory View Post

Id say probably not necessary to wake up at 5am, there doesnt seem to be a huge demand for these at 150 a pair.

I have said the same thing for other drops. Always better to be safe than sorry. At worst, if you miss out on the color you want, they will keep dropping at later dates.

I keep seeing the Nike Flyknit Lunar HTM with the tag "NRG" in conjuction with the name. Does anybody know what NRG is?
post #864 of 84714

I thought I would initially but I won't be changing my schedule around early to try to get them the second they're up.  I'm a little unsure sizing and color wise without being able to try them on or see them in person so I'll take my chances.  I have a feeling they'll be more widely released after tomorrow anyway, especially if that Finishline stock is true.

 

It just seems so unnecessary that every Nike with any type of uniqueness or reported limited availability brings out the wolves.  I don't care that much at this point as I just wear them for working out or completely casual needs.  That's just me though.

post #865 of 84714
I believe NRG (energy) is just a naming convention for the type of release.
FS:DS Nike Dunk SB Cork Size10
For Sale: DS Nike SB Dunk High Cork
$95 (USD)
  
Reply
FS:DS Nike Dunk SB Cork Size10
For Sale: DS Nike SB Dunk High Cork
$95 (USD)
  
Reply
post #866 of 84714

Man I hope RRS will let me use my 25% coupon on these

post #867 of 84714
just some food for thought on the availability of these GR flyknits... aside from an early response to a question on twitter where nikestore said theyd be limited, i havent seen nikestore repeat that statement. sometimes in their official release info tweets it will specifically state it will "release in (extremely) limited quantities" they did not use "limited" in the announcement for friday's release.

also nike harajuku always publishes release information, whether it be a lottery system, or a traditional lineup. They didn't even bother mentioning any type of instructions on how the release will be handled. they just stated how certain pairs came in certain sizes. but they'll have all the same models and colors (and no HTM info).

sounds like theyre either not expecting a huge rush of people to buy these, or there is a ton available.

i hate to bring the roshe run into this thread, but that might be some kind of benchmark. they werent limited, but from what i observed (i never actually bought a pair) you still had to be quick to grab them in colors and sizes you wanted off of ndc. while other sizes and colors just sat. these are double the price though, so i wouldnt expect them to take off like the roshes. but at the same time, maybe there's way less pairs produced at this point in time. we just dont know the balance of the supply and demand right now. all we know is everyone in this thread (and i guess that other runners forum that provided us with catalog pics) is amped up to buy them lol.
AmFam! NB!
Reply
AmFam! NB!
Reply
post #868 of 84714

sigh i'm a little confused on sizing now, but i'm going with my original plan to go .5 size down.  gonna be hard to narrow down the colors 

i want though.

post #869 of 84714
Good Looks urbanwaste and anhuynh16. TTS for me. We have a rep system here. Rep these guys if they helped you out! Or any NTer for that matter. Hyped for these!!!
"YOU WORK YOU LOSE" - Quad Jr. 11-06-14
Oderint Dum Metuant

DS SIZE 9 Way of Wade 1.0 Team No Sleep - $300 obo
DS SIZE 8.5 Air Jordan III Powder Blue - $225 obo 5Lab3 BLACK - $305 obo
For Sale: FS: DS Size 9 Lebron X Corks
$600 (USD)
For Sale: FS: DS Size 9.5 Nike Air Foamposite One Royal Blue
$325 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: FS: DS Air Jordan XI Low Black/Red Size 8.5
$300 (USD) or best offer
Reply
"YOU WORK YOU LOSE" - Quad Jr. 11-06-14
Oderint Dum Metuant

DS SIZE 9 Way of Wade 1.0 Team No Sleep - $300 obo
DS SIZE 8.5 Air Jordan III Powder Blue - $225 obo 5Lab3 BLACK - $305 obo
For Sale: FS: DS Size 9 Lebron X Corks
$600 (USD)
For Sale: FS: DS Size 9.5 Nike Air Foamposite One Royal Blue
$325 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: FS: DS Air Jordan XI Low Black/Red Size 8.5
$300 (USD) or best offer
Reply
post #870 of 84714
Quote:
Originally Posted by higuy View Post

just some food for thought on the availability of these GR flyknits... aside from an early response to a question on twitter where nikestore said theyd be limited, i havent seen nikestore repeat that statement. sometimes in their official release info tweets it will specifically state it will "release in (extremely) limited quantities" they did not use "limited" in the announcement for friday's release.
also nike harajuku always publishes release information, whether it be a lottery system, or a traditional lineup. They didn't even bother mentioning any type of instructions on how the release will be handled. they just stated how certain pairs came in certain sizes. but they'll have all the same models and colors (and no HTM info).
sounds like theyre either not expecting a huge rush of people to buy these, or there is a ton available.
i hate to bring the roshe run into this thread, but that might be some kind of benchmark. they werent limited, but from what i observed (i never actually bought a pair) you still had to be quick to grab them in colors and sizes you wanted off of ndc. while other sizes and colors just sat. these are double the price though, so i wouldnt expect them to take off like the roshes. but at the same time, maybe there's way less pairs produced at this point in time. we just dont know the balance of the supply and demand right now. all we know is everyone in this thread (and i guess that other runners forum that provided us with catalog pics) is amped up to buy them lol.

I don't see these that hard to get. This thread is 29 pages, but is driven by about 10 members. Well said about the roshe, the price is the difference, and the amount of colors releasing tomorrow.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Nike
  • OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK THERE FOR SIZING PREFERENCES)
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Kicks › Nike › OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK THERE FOR SIZING PREFERENCES)