NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Kicks › Jordan Brand › MentalKicks, Sole-Up (Air Randy), Kicksole, or Marqueesole for Concords
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MentalKicks, Sole-Up (Air Randy), Kicksole, or Marqueesole for Concords - Page 3  

post #61 of 581
Say what you will about resellers but id rather buy a pair of them over all of these shady over seas early release sites....easily.
WTB: Air Jordan Retro XI Space Jam - Size 12-13 DS or VVVNDS, 5Lab3s size 12

WTT: Size 13 Bred 1s for Size 12-13 Air Jordan Retro XI Space Jam 09'
WTB: Air Jordan Retro XI Space Jam - Size 12-13 DS or VVVNDS, 5Lab3s size 12

WTT: Size 13 Bred 1s for Size 12-13 Air Jordan Retro XI Space Jam 09'
post #62 of 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureDHughes View Post

Don't know what to believe, seems weird that 2 people, unrelated, would call him out recently...

lol at him pulling out those preset cement ivs...also the paint on those raptors is horrible look at the triangles towards the front the points are all rounded...dude is garbage.

post #63 of 581
If you don't know by now, STAY AWAY from all of those sites.

I bought a pair of concord XI's from marqueesole.com and the quality on them was trash.

Huge creases/wrinkles on the patent leather, yellowed mesh/lace loops, glue stains and the overall shape/look of the shoes were off.

These were the only pair of early release shoes that I have ever bought, waste of $350. I bought them because the concord XI is my fav. shoe of all time and I don't have time to stand in line on release day, so I said what the hell....never again. Ended up getting 2 pairs from eastbay.com on the night of the release and compared them to the kicks from marqueesole.com, its like a night and day. Don't trust any of those websites! mean.gif

oh and this dude "the closet collector" just REEKS of shadiness. I wouldn't trust him with any of my money.

FSR's of a shoe that dropped 2 years ago should be a huge red flag.
Proud member of the NikeTalk community, since 01/19/2001.
Proud member of the NikeTalk community, since 01/19/2001.
post #64 of 581

^^^totally agree.

post #65 of 581

thanks for the insight..Ive been honestly contemplating whether to buy early and save myself grief and sleep over these huge releases. After outweighing the pros and cons i found that atleast the shoes aren't fake.  On the contrast the quality is not up to standard. Now if you wear your Jordans casually(more for style and when you go out) and don't indeed wear them on the ball court then purchasing b grades may be worth it. These flaws sound very minor in terms of how noticable a flaw is from the best quality shoes so on average 1/50 people will notice your shoes are B-grade. 

 

With all that said its up to you how you treat your shoes. So pick your poison!

post #66 of 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5 View Post


I agree that the lines have been pretty blurred for a while. I bought the Flint XIII in '05 from Eastbay, and the things were such LQ that the "leather" toebox was already creased just from being positioned in the box. And I know damn well JB hasn't stepped up their quality standards since then. So if it's shoddy quality you're worried about, it's not like you can worry much less buying from Footlocker. The shoes will be "shoddy" either way, just some (off-shape XI retros) more than others. I'm sure there's holes in my view but that's what I think.
As for MentalKicks, KickSole, etc. websites:
It sounds like they get their shoes from a variety of ways. It's some combination of: paying off factories to produce extra pairs, stealing them, nabbing pairs that didn't pass QC, nabbing early production pairs, etc. More or less they're made in the same factories with the same materials by the same people, but the different ways of acquring them mean different levels of quality.
So you can draw a pair that is exactly like you'd find in Footlocker (they were probably stolen or shady extras made and sold off)
Or you can draw a pair where the shape is slightly off and other details are subpar (they were probably early production pairs or didn't pass quality control)

100% agreed.  

 

Now as for the issue of authentic vs. fake, it really depends on what your definition is.  

 

In regards to all the tangible aspects of the shoe, they are essentially of the same flesh and blood as an authentic pair (for those made in the same factories as authentic pairs that is)


If you have a shoe that uses the exact same materials and is constructed in the exact same factory, with the only difference being that the shoes weren't authorized to be manufactured by Nike, then is the shoe truly fake?  

 

Now I'm not really sure how the aforementioned "shady" websites work, but notice that there are absolutely no colorways in their inventory aside from authentic ones.  More often than not, we get early release pictures from those websites and get a general idea of what the actual product on release day is like (i.e. Marqueesole).  

post #67 of 581
^^^Fake is fake. Fake can't be sort of, kind-of, almost real eyes.gif
post #68 of 581

I have never Bought or condone buying fakes , but right now you people sound like fools. First of all all sneaker websites hype beast,sneaker news, amongst others use pictures from these guys or other oversea companies. second the reasons for claiming they are fake is because of quality? really , Ive seen pairs personally from footlocker,champs and other stores with mold and sloppy paint. Another point is to make judgment on these guys or the closet collector without being an expert is irresponsible. I say until Nike or Jordan Brand say in bold letters that they are fake than these opinions are just that "OPINIONS". Lastly every industry has a black market whether its stolen or what not why are you guys using the price point as a reason for them to be fake when all these shoes cost pennies on the dollar to make and the reason why everyone cant buy from overseas is because of the hassle with customs and shipping. So to the guys that received pairs and had bad experiences your one of many that have dealt with that but it could of happened to you in a footlocker , champs or w.e , the prices you pay on the market are due to demand so if their shoes are priced lower guess what they are still making a killing because they get these shoes at pennies on the dollar. Ask your Local retailer with NIKE ACCOUNTS how much they pay (50% off at least) and your mom and pops stores buy from middle men. 

post #69 of 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny24 View Post

I have never Bought or condone buying fakes , but right now you people sound like fools. First of all all sneaker websites hype beast,sneaker news, amongst others use pictures from these guys or other oversea companies. second the reasons for claiming they are fake is because of quality? really , Ive seen pairs personally from footlocker,champs and other stores with mold and sloppy paint. Another point is to make judgment on these guys or the closet collector without being an expert is irresponsible. I say until Nike or Jordan Brand say in bold letters that they are fake than these opinions are just that "OPINIONS". Lastly every industry has a black market whether its stolen or what not why are you guys using the price point as a reason for them to be fake when all these shoes cost pennies on the dollar to make and the reason why everyone cant buy from overseas is because of the hassle with customs and shipping. So to the guys that received pairs and had bad experiences your one of many that have dealt with that but it could of happened to you in a footlocker , champs or w.e , the prices you pay on the market are due to demand so if their shoes are priced lower guess what they are still making a killing because they get these shoes at pennies on the dollar. Ask your Local retailer with NIKE ACCOUNTS how much they pay (50% off at least) and your mom and pops stores buy from middle men. 

Nah, we're saying fake because they don't always use the same materials and they have differences. If they were identical, you should be able to take the to flight club and have them sell them for you. Flight club won't touch these shoes with a 10 foot pole. Plenty of these shoes have had different boxes, different leathers, different shapes, wrong production dates, and I could go on. People forget that this all came to light after a hand full of these sites restocked space jams last winter and a guy took them to flight club to sell and as soon as he put the box on the counter the told him they were fake. I'm not going to go into full details, but if you find the old concord thread from last year and go back to the posts from about this same time last year you'll see pics and videos about it. As far as the blogs go, they post these pics because essentially they have to. If they don't post it, someone will and they will lose the traffic. Matt from nicekicks and the owner of sneakernews were on the osd live podcast talking about this months ago. Matt from nicekicks even said he dissected a pair of early release playoff 8s years ago and he knew something wasn't right. He said they've struggled internally on whether or not to post these pics from these sites for a long time.
post #70 of 581
Mental Kicks has to be fake. I know it was a real ebay seller once upon a time, but where the **** do they keep getting these restocks. I checked their site a million times in a three month period earlier this year/late last year. The IIIs would sell out, then they would have a full size run a few days later. On top of that you will be paying over $300 after you factor in customs fees. At that point you might as well go on eBay.
post #71 of 581
you must of not been here summer/fall/winter of 2011. the lols laugh.gif
post #72 of 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by calikush View Post

^^^Fake is fake. Fake can't be sort of, kind-of, almost real eyes.gif

Well perhaps.  But let's take a MacBook for example.  So you have the regular MacBook with Apple's authorization to be manufactured.  Then you have a MacBook that was illegally made, but using the exact same parts and manufacturing process and is identical to the "authentic" laptop.  


The only thing separating the "authentic" laptop from the "fake" laptop is something intangible.  They both function the exact same way, look exactly the same, made of the exact same materials, and made from the same factory.  If you were to put that gray market unit in the inventory of a major retailer, nobody would proclaim "ah, that's definitely 'fake' "

 

In regards to the shoes, I'm aware that there are have been some stark differences between the gray market pairs and fully authentic pairs from major retailers.  

On the flipside, as already stated before, there are "authentic" pairs that would be bashed as fake if they were sold in the gray market stores, and "fake" pairs that would be praised as undisputedly authentic if they were sold in a major retailer.  

post #73 of 581
You guys should go back and check the Concord thread.
post #74 of 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by calikush View Post

^^^Fake is fake. Fake can't be sort of, kind-of, almost real eyes.gif

da only thing "fake" is da channels of distribution.

 

if da kicks are stolen from da factory, or illegal over runs are made they it doesn't make a sneaker fake.

https://twitter.com/Ninjahood

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

https://twitter.com/Ninjahood

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

post #75 of 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahood View Post

da only thing "fake" is da channels of distribution.

if da kicks are stolen from da factory, or illegal over runs are made they it doesn't make a sneaker fake.
More power to you. Just be weary if you decide to resell the fakes, if the buyer can prove you sold them fakes they can legally keep your shoes(they must destroy them) and they'll get their refund back.
post #76 of 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by calikush View Post

More power to you. Just be weary if you decide to resell the fakes, if the buyer can prove you sold them fakes they can legally keep your shoes(they must destroy them) and they'll get their refund back.

none of that makes a difference in china where the shoes come from
post #77 of 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep View Post

none of that makes a difference in china where the shoes come from
How so?
post #78 of 581

once again i will say you guys are fools, if a store like FLIGHT CLUB WONT TAKE THEM its because they are STOLEN GOODS. and if I'm not mistaken they have a Nike account of some sort. also the guys at nice kicks has a store of his own so its a conflict of interest, he is denouncing a supplier because he is disappointed with the pair HE received. Like i said before unless Nike or Jordan come out and publicly state this all i hear is noise. BTW in no way do i promote or condone buying fakes, i have been buying sneakers for quite sometime , to end the headaches of camping i buy designer shoes. These shoes aren't fake because they have a few flaws or aren't certified by Nike I CLEARLY STATED IN ALL INDUSTRIES THERE IS A BLACK MARKET AND WITH SNEAKERS WE ALL SEE IT.

 

 

P.S : Don't we all ***** about quality because of flaws with the sneakers? whether its over glued or painted poorly or poorly stitched. ive personally bought pairs out of footlocker with flaws. understand that establishments like flight club also don't mess with them because of the risk of the poor quality of the shoes sometimes which poorly reflect on the store. These guys aka Air-Randy take a chance and at times the merchandise is poor and instead of throwing the pairs away that they bought they sell it to customers. At the end of the day its like downloading music for free people in the music industry frown upon it but its still THE SAME music.

post #79 of 581
- Flight Club runs on cosignment, they are not an authorized retailer
- Dude didn't tell them where he got the shoes, they knew as soon as he showed them the box
- http://www.osdlive.com/ep204-osd-is-it-real-af1king-sneakerfiles-nicekicks/ go to 1:09:20
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jYp31nFSZU&feature=plcp
- http://www.solesupremacy.com/2012/07/drama.html
- http://www.solesupremacy.com/2011/08/21210.html
- You can believe whatever you want though, bro, but if people were around for the concord thread and saw how these restock space jams had extra parts under the sole that regular space jams didn't have, you might feel different. If you're happy with your pairs, fine. I wish I still had all of the comparison pics and the videos from here. There was a real good one on Iss where a guy bought a pair of true blues from marqueesole and eastbay and they were completely different. The box was a different color red, they used completely different leathers, the padding was different, but to the naked eye they looked the same.
post #80 of 581
I was thinking of biting on some ds space jams on ebay the sole was so icey now Im thinking their most likely high quality replicas.. mean.gif
WTB: Air Jordan Retro XI Space Jam - Size 12-13 DS or VVVNDS, 5Lab3s size 12

WTT: Size 13 Bred 1s for Size 12-13 Air Jordan Retro XI Space Jam 09'
WTB: Air Jordan Retro XI Space Jam - Size 12-13 DS or VVVNDS, 5Lab3s size 12

WTT: Size 13 Bred 1s for Size 12-13 Air Jordan Retro XI Space Jam 09'
post #81 of 581
Actually a "fake" shoe is strapping some duct tape on a sandal then taking a sharpie and drawing a jordan on it. That's a fake shoe.
I take my join date serious. You should too.
TEAM RETAIL.
we don't feed these streets
I take my join date serious. You should too.
TEAM RETAIL.
we don't feed these streets
post #82 of 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtb00201 View Post

- Flight Club runs on cosignment, they are not an authorized retailer
- Dude didn't tell them where he got the shoes, they knew as soon as he showed them the box
- http://www.osdlive.com/ep204-osd-is-it-real-af1king-sneakerfiles-nicekicks/ go to 1:09:20
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jYp31nFSZU&feature=plcp
- http://www.solesupremacy.com/2012/07/drama.html
- http://www.solesupremacy.com/2011/08/21210.html
- You can believe whatever you want though, bro, but if people were around for the concord thread and saw how these restock space jams had extra parts under the sole that regular space jams didn't have, you might feel different. If you're happy with your pairs, fine. I wish I still had all of the comparison pics and the videos from here. There was a real good one on Iss where a guy bought a pair of true blues from marqueesole and eastbay and they were completely different. The box was a different color red, they used completely different leathers, the padding was different, but to the naked eye they looked the same.

But that's just standard JB quality ie Fire/Varsity red IV release. Seemed that about 80% of these shoes that hit all the "authentic" major chains had tremendous flaws in them. And let's not forget some of the really bad pairs of Black Cement 3s that came with non matching leather parts on a pair (1 shoe had tumbled leather where the other shoe didn't on the same part). I'm not saying there aren't issues with early release pairs but if you take a look at the big picture, some of the "flaws" that have been found on early release pairs, say for example that true blue comparison, could have easily been found on regular chain store release pairs.

The fact is last year's Concord release really put the spotlight on all these early release sights. And arguing about calling a shoe a replica when it's clearly made in the same factory is just semantics. Some people want to enjoy buying straigt from Nike or FTL or eastbay and that's cool, but many want to have it early and could care less if its gray market or what not.. there's a big difference in the shoes sold on marqueesole, mentalkicks, sole-up, etc than the ones sold on sites like shoeking23.net, hiphopiop, replicasworld, etc.
I take my join date serious. You should too.
TEAM RETAIL.
we don't feed these streets
I take my join date serious. You should too.
TEAM RETAIL.
we don't feed these streets
post #83 of 581
Amen @maxdunker
post #84 of 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtb00201 View Post

- Flight Club runs on cosignment, they are not an authorized retailer
- Dude didn't tell them where he got the shoes, they knew as soon as he showed them the box
- http://www.osdlive.com/ep204-osd-is-it-real-af1king-sneakerfiles-nicekicks/ go to 1:09:20
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jYp31nFSZU&feature=plcp
- http://www.solesupremacy.com/2012/07/drama.html
- http://www.solesupremacy.com/2011/08/21210.html
- You can believe whatever you want though, bro, but if people were around for the concord thread and saw how these restock space jams had extra parts under the sole that regular space jams didn't have, you might feel different. If you're happy with your pairs, fine. I wish I still had all of the comparison pics and the videos from here. There was a real good one on Iss where a guy bought a pair of true blues from marqueesole and eastbay and they were completely different. The box was a different color red, they used completely different leathers, the padding was different, but to the naked eye they looked the same.
Applause... smokin.gif
post #85 of 581
What extra parts under the soles did the restocked SJs have?
INSTAGRAM: @SUPERPEACHMANGO (I follow back)
4/4 ON NIKE TWITTER RSVP
INSTAGRAM: @SUPERPEACHMANGO (I follow back)
4/4 ON NIKE TWITTER RSVP
post #86 of 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG View Post

What extra parts under the soles did the restocked SJs have?

apparently they used extra spare pieces from cool grey XI's under da sole, and cobbled together a pretty decent size run of "grey market" space jams.

 

i wonder what happened to most of em, i know they STILL had a full size run when slam dunk space took em off online, joints were probably re-distributed somewhere

 

where da heat wasn't on em.

 

to be honest, i aint really have a problem with em since they're all made of real materials..but if they were "after hour" runs, appropriate measures should've

 

taken place to have full disclosure of da situation.

https://twitter.com/Ninjahood

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

https://twitter.com/Ninjahood

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

post #87 of 581
Kicks-Crew recently (and randomly) got a restock of the SJs, as well... Hmm... nerd.gif ...
INSTAGRAM: @SUPERPEACHMANGO (I follow back)
4/4 ON NIKE TWITTER RSVP
INSTAGRAM: @SUPERPEACHMANGO (I follow back)
4/4 ON NIKE TWITTER RSVP
post #88 of 581
mental kics is legit i got my concords from them and i also got my space jams from them and i got a pair of spae jams from kicks-crew they had a restock 2 weeks ago from 9-12 and they are all legit pairs. i even got one pair of 2012 blk/re XI's from mental kicks and they are legit, i also bought a pair from a NTer and his are legit and they all match up with the MK pair. u gotta take risks sometimes. although my pnly concern with MK is that they sold the yeezy 2s for 500....
post #89 of 581
Quick favor. Can you look at the production date of the Space Jams you got from kicks-crew and tell me what it is? Thanks.
INSTAGRAM: @SUPERPEACHMANGO (I follow back)
4/4 ON NIKE TWITTER RSVP
INSTAGRAM: @SUPERPEACHMANGO (I follow back)
4/4 ON NIKE TWITTER RSVP
post #90 of 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahood View Post

apparently they used extra spare pieces from cool grey XI's under da sole, and cobbled together a pretty decent size run of "grey market" space jams.

i wonder what happened to most of em, i know they STILL had a full size run when slam dunk space took em off online, joints were probably re-distributed somewhere

where da heat wasn't on em.

to be honest, i aint really have a problem with em since they're all made of real materials..but if they were "after hour" runs, appropriate measures should've

taken place to have full disclosure of da situation.

Slamdunkspace goes by a new name now. They were spamming my inbox under a different name recently, but it was obvious who they were. Anyone who was here prior to their website going up knows what I mean about them spamming PM boxes. They were the worst lol.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Jordan Brand
This thread is locked  
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Kicks › Jordan Brand › MentalKicks, Sole-Up (Air Randy), Kicksole, or Marqueesole for Concords