NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Music › Joey Bada$$ 1999 mixtape
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Joey Bada$$ 1999 mixtape - Page 40

post #1171 of 1205
Album is great smokin.gif
post #1172 of 1205
Yo this album is stupid fire it should garner more hype. Just great music all around man
Diehard Philadelphia Eagles and Los Angeles Lakers fan. Rutgers University Alumni
Reply
Diehard Philadelphia Eagles and Los Angeles Lakers fan. Rutgers University Alumni
Reply
post #1173 of 1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe4MVP12 View Post

Yo this album is stupid fire it should garner more hype. Just great music all around man
It's unfortunate, but Joey has never had mass appeal. This album is better than B4.DA.$$ and hopefully more people give it burn.
post #1174 of 1205

This album has more of that 1999 sound than his debut album. Hopefully he gets some decent numbers. 

post #1175 of 1205
Joey dont need mass appeal..let the undeground thrive and keep dropping gems for the real heads
post #1176 of 1205
Is it true that jcole verse is a verse from his younger days? Bc of his voice
post #1177 of 1205
No I'm not a chicken I don't listen to Fox News..da ghost smashed dat track
post #1178 of 1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy Fig View Post

Joey dont need mass appeal..let the undeground thrive and keep dropping gems for the real heads
Joey deserves to blow and as long as he stays true to himself, his music won't suffer.
post #1179 of 1205
I agree I mean devastated has been certified gold RIAA so joey on the way
post #1180 of 1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoleByThePound View Post

It's unfortunate, but Joey has never had mass appeal. This album is better than B4.DA.$$ and hopefully more people give it burn.

I personally don't care about mass appeal. I am just happy he is putting out good music. I think he is on his way to opening more eyes with this album and the acclaim I believe it deserves. I agree the album is better than his debut.
post #1181 of 1205
Kids grown as an artist. This is a good project.
post #1182 of 1205
I love this album. So many great tracks.
post #1183 of 1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoleByThePound View Post

Because there isn't a chance in Hell that would happen, that's why.

I enjoyed B4.DA.$$ more than I did TPAB *shrugs*
post #1184 of 1205
So I never really paid much attention to this kid, probably because I'm not moved by much hip hop today, but dawg...

I listened to this new album this morning and ran in through 3 times since.
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S
And The Only Solution Was To Stand & Fight!
X O T W O D
Real Recognize Real
Reply
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S
And The Only Solution Was To Stand & Fight!
X O T W O D
Real Recognize Real
Reply
post #1185 of 1205
Absolutely lovin this album. No weak tracks on here. Great mix of sound
post #1186 of 1205
Album captures that 90s boom bap but "contemporized" for today. It's too dope.
Edited by EvansST - 4/20/17 at 10:33am
post #1187 of 1205

This is still album of the year for me. 

post #1188 of 1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakland View Post

This is still album of the year for me. 
You have low standards and I think it's a solid album too.
post #1189 of 1205
^ album is phenomenal. idk how you can say someone has low standards for it being their favorite album at the halfway point of the year.
post #1190 of 1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLike Turtles View Post

^ album is phenomenal. idk how you can say someone has low standards for it being their favorite album at the halfway point of the year.

Phenomenal? That's a bit of stretch imo, but music is subjective. I just don't know anyone who is seriously a Hip Hop head could put this album over DAMN. I would say Joey's album is definitely top 5 of the year so far, but as number 1? I'm just not seeing it.
post #1191 of 1205
Of course music is subjective. I personally think Joey's album is better than K. Dot's, but I wouldnt argue with anyone who thinks otherwise. I just think its a stretch to say whoever thinks Joey dropped the best album has low standards.
post #1192 of 1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLike Turtles View Post

Of course music is subjective. I personally think Joey's album is better than K. Dot's, but I wouldnt argue with anyone who thinks otherwise. I just think its a stretch to say whoever thinks Joey dropped the best album has low standards.
I think it's a stretch comparing Joey's album to Kendrick's, but it is what it is. I'd also take The Underachievers "Renaissance" over Joey's album too. We're all fans of this album though so it's really pointless to go back and forth discussing "our " opinion on who's album is better.
post #1193 of 1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLike Turtles View Post

Of course music is subjective. I personally think Joey's album is better than K. Dot's, but I wouldnt argue with anyone who thinks otherwise. I just think its a stretch to say whoever thinks Joey dropped the best album has low standards.

I actually agree with you on this and Kendrick is my favorite "current" rapper. Joey's project was more cohesive and I think it's a better project.
post #1194 of 1205

Joey's was surface level politics. Definitely got repetitive. Kendrick's was really deep. Also the production on Kendrick's is miles ahead of Joey's. Don't really see how Joey's is better in any aspect lol. 

post #1195 of 1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by toogoon23 View Post

Joey's was surface level politics. Definitely got repetitive. Kendrick's was really deep. Also the production on Kendrick's is miles ahead of Joey's. Don't really see how Joey's is better in any aspect lol. 
Exactly! laugh.gif @ claiming Kendrick's your favorite artist and then saying Joey's album is better. NT never ceases to amaze me.
post #1196 of 1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoleByThePound View Post

Exactly! laugh.gif @ claiming Kendrick's your favorite artist and then saying Joey's album is better. NT never ceases to amaze me.

So essentially your saying Kendrick can't be my favorite artist because I am not riding for him all the time or can't say that somebody's body of work is better. laugh.gif

Someone being my favorite artist doesn't prevent me from being objective about things.

NT never ceases to amaze me.
post #1197 of 1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23 View Post


So essentially your saying Kendrick can't be my favorite artist because I am not riding for him all the time or can't say that somebody's body of work is better. laugh.gif

Someone being my favorite artist doesn't prevent me from being objective about things.

NT never ceases to amaze me.

 

post #1198 of 1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoleByThePound View Post



Yup pretty much what I expected because your point made absolutely no sense at all.

laugh.gif at you insinuating its not possible to have a favorite artist but rate another artists work higher than the favorite artist. I don't think you actually thought it through before you made that post.

I really don't care if you prefer DAMN over AABA (to each their own) but that point just isn't logical at all.
post #1199 of 1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23 View Post

Yup pretty much what I expected because your point made absolutely no sense at all.

laugh.gif at you insinuating its not possible to have a favorite artist but rate another artists work higher than the favorite artist. I don't think you actually thought it through before you made that post.

I really don't care if you prefer DAMN over AABA (to each their own) but that point just isn't logical at all.
I didn't insinuate anything; I don't believe that Kendrick is your favorite artist.
post #1200 of 1205
So you who doesn't know me believes that Kendrick is not my favorite artists because I believe Joey's album is better. That makes absolutely no sense. I don't even understand how one could even come to that conclusion.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Music › Joey Bada$$ 1999 mixtape