NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Kicks › Sneaker Showcase › OFFICIAL Hypebeasts Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OFFICIAL Hypebeasts Thread - Page 295

post #8821 of 10638
young chipper jones. laugh.gif
post #8822 of 10638
YOOOOOOOOOOO THE RESMBLANCE UNCANNY.

CUE CHIPPER JONES SLOW-MO SMH GIF
post #8823 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzness41 View Post

i dont know, but young chipper jones got some funny pants on, and jonah hill looks engulfed by that jacket ohwell.gif

Lmao at Yung Chippa comment
post #8824 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBPZEE612 View Post

tumblr_mi4y2f4lXm1qgpl03o1_500.jpg

what is hypebeast about this? its a clean fit minus the cheap looking gold watch...and the shirt is kinda long but nothing else
post #8825 of 10638
Won't you guys post your definition of hypebeast? grin.gif
I getting sick of dudes saying "this isn't hypebeast".
post #8826 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by bay1591 View Post

what is hypebeast about this? its a clean fit minus the cheap looking gold watch...and the shirt is kinda long but nothing else

Hypebeast because he's copied everything from Kanye

Denim Jacket-check
Long tee-check
Gold chain-check
Bracelets-check
Balmain Jeans-check
Yeezy 2-check

Individually none of those are necessarily hypebeast (besides the Yeezy shoes) but all of them put together...
post #8827 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFC415 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bay1591 View Post

what is hypebeast about this? its a clean fit minus the cheap looking gold watch...and the shirt is kinda long but nothing else

Hypebeast because he's copied everything from Kanye

Denim Jacket-check
Long tee-check
Gold chain-check
Balmain Jeans-check
Yeezy 2-check

Individually none of those are necessarily hypebeast (besides the Yeezy shoes) but all of them put together...
Thank you for backing me up.
post #8828 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by bay1591 View Post


what is hypebeast about this? its a clean fit minus the cheap looking gold watch...and the shirt is kinda long but nothing else

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFC415 View Post


Hypebeast because he's copied everything from Kanye

Denim Jacket-check
Long tee-check
Gold chain-check
Bracelets-check
Balmain Jeans-check
Yeezy 2-check

Individually none of those are necessarily hypebeast (besides the Yeezy shoes) but all of them put together...

this

spot on

post #8829 of 10638
WAT IF I WERE TO TELL U ALL THAT OTHERS HAVE WORN THESE "YE" OUTFITS FOR QUITE SOME TIMEW NOW, BUT NIKETALK IS ARRIVING TO THE OARTY LATE?

DI QUE HYPEBEAST
post #8830 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBPZEE612 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFC415 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bay1591 View Post

what is hypebeast about this? its a clean fit minus the cheap looking gold watch...and the shirt is kinda long but nothing else

Hypebeast because he's copied everything from Kanye

Denim Jacket-check
Long tee-check
Gold chain-check
Balmain Jeans-check
Yeezy 2-check

Individually none of those are necessarily hypebeast (besides the Yeezy shoes) but all of them put together...
Thank you for backing me up.

I see where you guys are coming from...because i do see it in this outfit....but what if i wear my Yeezys with jeans and a grey shirt? Does that make me a hypebeast?

also...Rob...calm down....nothing to be sick over...its the internet grin.gif
Edited by bay1591 - 2/25/13 at 8:06pm
post #8831 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by bay1591 View Post

I see where you guys are coming from...because i do see it in this outfit....but what if i wear my Yeezys with jeans and a grey shirt? Does that make me a hypebeast?

also...Rob...calm down....nothing to be sick over...its the internet grin.gif

Hypebeast is partially mind state - if you are worried enough about what other people think about you/what you wear that you are asking questions in order to hypebeast-proof your WDYWT, then that's not a good sign.

If you own a pair of $1000 shoes and need to ask people on the internet whether they would call you a name for wearing a certain outfit, then that too is not a good sign.
post #8832 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIP Roberts View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bay1591 View Post

I see where you guys are coming from...because i do see it in this outfit....but what if i wear my Yeezys with jeans and a grey shirt? Does that make me a hypebeast?

also...Rob...calm down....nothing to be sick over...its the internet grin.gif

Hypebeast is partially mind state - if you are worried enough about what other people think about you/what you wear that you are asking questions in order to hypebeast-proof your WDYWT, then that's not a good sign.

If you own a pair of $1000 shoes and need to ask people on the internet whether they would call you a name for wearing a certain outfit, then that too is not a good sign.

Wait slow down there...I used the yeezys as an example...I couldn't care what people consider me when I do wear my pair...I wear them like I wear any other sneaker and because I like them...

my point was dude in the picture is exactly the same to a Kanye outfit...a hypebeast according to the definition...but wearing a pair of shoe or anything that Kanye wore make him or her a hypebeast? It's a difference between copying/being unoriginal and taking it / putting your own spin into it...
post #8833 of 10638
So, with all the arbitrary and moving goal posts in this thread, I'd like to offer a few personal guidelines as far as defining a "hypebeast."

1. Wearing "trendy" fashion without having any idea about the history/culture/significance behind it.
2. Being overly brand-conscious without actual long-term brand loyalty.
3. Actually owning expensive items that are legitimately coveted by fellow beasts and some members of the sneaker/fashion community. This is a key point in what was originally part of the definition of the beast, but has since been lost. Even if you try to look like Kanye as much as possible, but your whole outfit was put together from Old Navy, you're just an unoriginal loser and run of the mill trend-follower, but not actually a hypebeast. You are just an aspiring hypebeast - a category that covers a lot of people posted in the thread.
4. Having no loyalty to a look, style, or brand. You pay top dollar for the currently hyped items by the brand du jour and talk about how amazing the quality is and how dope and classic it is, yet 12 months later you no longer wear anything from that fbrand.
5. You claim to be into high fashion, but get most of your info about it from pop culture/sneaker/hip hop sites.
6. You possess a stunning lack of self-awareness; the joke is on you and you don't know it.
post #8834 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by bay1591 View Post

I see where you guys are coming from...because i do see it in this outfit....but what if i wear my Yeezys with jeans and a grey shirt? Does that make me a hypebeast?

also...Rob...calm down....nothing to be sick over...its the internet grin.gif
I am calm,is just that Ye stans are way too defensive. grin.gif
post #8835 of 10638
hypebeast= brandon sales. Dude be looking like he is dressed for some medieval role , i dont care how much money you have, just cuz you have money does not mean you can dress good.. you can have the most expensive **** on and still look like ***. to me style has nothing to do with how much the **** you are wearing cost. and if thats how you think then you got problems. what happened to the days when everyone had there own style?? everyone trying to be like someone else, BE YOUR DAMN SELF .
Edited by stiunit - 2/25/13 at 11:30pm
nthat.gif
IG-mageezzle
Reply
nthat.gif
IG-mageezzle
Reply
post #8836 of 10638
318035_131583373667851_925333082_n.jpg
531778_457488607632148_1668014323_n.jpg
62129_509802355727823_1468708925_n.jpg
post #8837 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiunit View Post

mid evil roll
me fail english? that's unpossible.
roll.gif
post #8838 of 10638
fixed, give me a break son im at work smokin.gif
nthat.gif
IG-mageezzle
Reply
nthat.gif
IG-mageezzle
Reply
post #8839 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by bay1591 View Post

Wait slow down there...I used the yeezys as an example...I couldn't care what people consider me when I do wear my pair...I wear them like I wear any other sneaker and because I like them...

my point was dude in the picture is exactly the same to a Kanye outfit...a hypebeast according to the definition...but wearing a pair of shoe or anything that Kanye wore make him or her a hypebeast? It's a difference between copying/being unoriginal and taking it / putting your own spin into it...

The thing is, that fit is IDENTICAL to a Kanye outfit. It's not just one or two items, it's everything!





Tell me that isn't 95% the same fit!! roll.gif I hadn't even seen that Kanye pic until just now...I just googled "Kanye gold chain denim jacket" and that showed up
Edited by SFC415 - 2/25/13 at 11:37pm
post #8840 of 10638
roll.gif ^

pretty much spot on lol
TheVth.tumblr.com
Reply
TheVth.tumblr.com
Reply
post #8841 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiunit View Post

mid evil roll
me fail english? that's unpossible.
roll.gif


do alligators alligate?
post #8842 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBPZEE612 View Post

543859_3735926091418_716283173_n.jpg

You're reaching, the two dudes on the left are like fam ive known em for years and they're the farthest thing from hypebeasts.
post #8843 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiunit View Post

hypebeast= brandon sales. Dude be looking like he is dressed for some medieval role , i dont care how much money you have, just cuz you have money does not mean you can dress good.. you can have the most expensive **** on and still look like ***. to me style has nothing to do with how much the **** you are wearing cost. and if thats how you think then you got problems. what happened to the days when everyone had there own style?? everyone trying to be like someone else, BE YOUR DAMN SELF .

In essence you're telling people how to dress by telling them how not to dress.

Walking the lonely mile with Satan.
Reply
Walking the lonely mile with Satan.
Reply
post #8844 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFC415 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bay1591 View Post

Wait slow down there...I used the yeezys as an example...I couldn't care what people consider me when I do wear my pair...I wear them like I wear any other sneaker and because I like them...

my point was dude in the picture is exactly the same to a Kanye outfit...a hypebeast according to the definition...but wearing a pair of shoe or anything that Kanye wore make him or her a hypebeast? It's a difference between copying/being unoriginal and taking it / putting your own spin into it...

The thing is, that fit is IDENTICAL to a Kanye outfit. It's not just one or two items, it's everything!





Tell me that isn't 95% the same fit!! roll.gif I hadn't even seen that Kanye pic until just now...I just googled "Kanye gold chain denim jacket" and that showed up

I agree...I knew I seen Kanye wear it laugh.gif

But my point was if he had just left it with just the jeans and grey shirt then it wouldnt really be a hype/Kanye fit
post #8845 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBPZEE612 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bay1591 View Post

I see where you guys are coming from...because i do see it in this outfit....but what if i wear my Yeezys with jeans and a grey shirt? Does that make me a hypebeast?

also...Rob...calm down....nothing to be sick over...its the internet grin.gif
I am calm,is just that Ye stans are way too defensive. grin.gif

Did you just call me a stan...

vkval.gif

take that laugh.gif
post #8846 of 10638
kanye-west-laugh.gif
post #8847 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBPZEE612 View Post

kanye-west-laugh.gif

ri7k94.gif
post #8848 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaChris View Post

 

But what's the problem in this pic?

 

Im srs im lost.

Dude is showin' off the hat purely because of where it's from...

 

Supreme is purchased by a LOT of beasts these days so he is bragging, I.E. Hypebeast. 

 

laugh.gif

 

If he had his head up and was just smiling, this pic would be a lot better. 

Flickr

blog -> corruptsoles

La Formula Perfecta

eBay

"Stuff For Sale"

 

 

 

Reply

Flickr

blog -> corruptsoles

La Formula Perfecta

eBay

"Stuff For Sale"

 

 

 

Reply
post #8849 of 10638
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIP Roberts View Post


Hypebeast is partially mind state - if you are worried enough about what other people think about you/what you wear that you are asking questions in order to hypebeast-proof your WDYWT, then that's not a good sign.

If you own a pair of $1000 shoes and need to ask people on the internet whether they would call you a name for wearing a certain outfit, then that too is not a good sign.

 

 

700

Flickr

blog -> corruptsoles

La Formula Perfecta

eBay

"Stuff For Sale"

 

 

 

Reply

Flickr

blog -> corruptsoles

La Formula Perfecta

eBay

"Stuff For Sale"

 

 

 

Reply
post #8850 of 10638

 

This how you NY dudes get down in 2013 huh?

“You’re not even really happy when your team wins. You’re just happy that you’re not sad.” - LaJethro Jenkins
Reply
“You’re not even really happy when your team wins. You’re just happy that you’re not sad.” - LaJethro Jenkins
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sneaker Showcase
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Kicks › Sneaker Showcase › OFFICIAL Hypebeasts Thread