NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread - Page 2

post #31 of 37596
Happy to help with the new thread about any Gym \ nutrition based questions
Knicks - Manchester United
Reply
Knicks - Manchester United
Reply
post #32 of 37596
Looking for some advice from NT runners.

For those who run 5k-15k races, what does your weekly regiment look like.

I need to add running into my training, although sacrificing some muscle mass is gonna blow.



plz respond
post #33 of 37596

Can HIIT be achieved on a treadmill?

 

::EDIT::

 

Read info on this, to my understanding it would be a "sprint" at 10+, then walk at 2.5-3.5. It just takes some adjusting cause it takes a few seconds to get up to/down to speed. I guess ill try this. Even if it isnt the best way to do HIIT, I can make up intensity by doing more intervals?


Edited by Picasso Swerve - 7/19/12 at 9:47am

Formerly: 10PieceNuggets

Reply

Formerly: 10PieceNuggets

Reply
post #34 of 37596
Here are a few good articles for various body parts i've found over the months from a very good site in T-Nation.

Chest
Article I
Article II
Article III

Biceps and Forearms
Article I
Article II
Article III: Biceps and Back
Article IV

Back
Article I
Article II
Article III
Article IV

Triceps
Article I
Article II
Article III
Article IV

Shoulders
Article IArticle II

Legs
Article I
Article II
Article III
Article IV

Core
Article I
Article II
post #35 of 37596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajwings23 View Post

Taking a day off today from the gym...tomorrow will be another day.

That's how I feel too. Back at it hard tomorrow for Bis and Tris.
New York Yankees | New York Jets
Reply
New York Yankees | New York Jets
Reply
post #36 of 37596
Quote:
Originally Posted by K Town Trash View Post

A question for you guys.
Does taking protein (bars/shakes) actually make difference in terms of building muscle? I wanna get more cut rather than looking more bulky. How do you get more cut instead of adding on more muscle? Thanks.

You don't build muscle just on eating protein. Protein is more to repair your muscles after a workout. Just workout hard, more reps, cardio and you'll have that lean look.
What's 1.21 gigawatts to a McFly like me. Can you please remind me?
Reply
What's 1.21 gigawatts to a McFly like me. Can you please remind me?
Reply
post #37 of 37596
Sup guys. The old thread got too big and cluttered and I couldn't keep
Up with it anymore. Glad to see a fresh start, thanks Cinco. smokin.gif I will be checking in regularly, I'm no expert but fitness and eating healthy is one of the most important things in my life. Love the positive vibes and the feelin of seeing results.

Let's keep it up guys! happy.gif
LOS ANGELES LAKERS - SAN DIEGO CHARGERS - #TeamFITNESS
INSTAGRAM: @REHSILIENT
Reply
LOS ANGELES LAKERS - SAN DIEGO CHARGERS - #TeamFITNESS
INSTAGRAM: @REHSILIENT
Reply
post #38 of 37596

Can anybody give me tips on how to gain a quick 20 pounds ?

post #39 of 37596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post

Can anybody give me tips on how to gain a quick 20 pounds ?

How quick? You can gains 20 pounds of fat really quick.
What's 1.21 gigawatts to a McFly like me. Can you please remind me?
Reply
What's 1.21 gigawatts to a McFly like me. Can you please remind me?
Reply
post #40 of 37596
add ensure to your regular diet, and dint skip meals worked for me
post #41 of 37596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picasso Swerve View Post

Can HIIT be achieved on a treadmill?

::EDIT::

Read info on this, to my understanding it would be a "sprint" at 10+, then walk at 2.5-3.5. It just takes some adjusting cause it takes a few seconds to get up to/down to speed. I guess ill try this. Even if it isnt the best way to do HIIT, I can make up intensity by doing more intervals?

Ya I would say that would constitute as HIIT

I like to use an elliptical for it as its easier on my knees.

1 min warmup @ 6 Resistence above 200 rpm, then immeaditely jump into:

20 secs @ 12 resistance as high RPM as possible

40 secs @ 6 keeping rpm above 200

Repeat 8-15 times

I like it because the mins align with reps. 8th minute = 8th rep/cycle so its easy to keep track of
post #42 of 37596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post

Can anybody give me tips on how to gain a quick 20 pounds ?

Peanut/almond butter & honey sandwiches with milk. If your trying to gain weight fast the best thing to add to your diet would be more fat. Its gonna pack more calories for the serving size. Also can add a shot of olive oil to each meal or something of that nature.

But in all honestly, a 'quick 20' isn't a good look IMO unless your literally malnourished or at an extremely unhealthy weight
post #43 of 37596
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40inchBoost View Post


Peanut/almond butter & honey sandwiches with milk. If your trying to gain weight fast the best thing to add to your diet would be more fat. Its gonna pack more calories for the serving size. Also can add a shot of olive oil to each meal or something of that nature.
But in all honestly, a 'quick 20' isn't a good look IMO unless your literally malnourished or at an extremely unhealthy weight

Almond butter taste like sick.gif but when i do half and half with peanut butter its tolerable..u dont need the honey..and eatin multiple sammiches a day will payoff..i eat 4 a day..it gets old quick but u gotta suck it up and deal with it

post #44 of 37596
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunnafasho03 View Post

Almond butter taste like sick.gif  but when i do half and half with peanut butter its tolerable..u dont need the honey..and eatin multiple sammiches a day will payoff..i eat 4 a day..it gets old quick but u gotta suck it up and deal with it

damb brah almond butter is the ****! You eatin the pre packaged kind (MaraNatha)? or the Fresh ground kind you can grind as much as you want?

Fresh ground > Pre Packaged
post #45 of 37596
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40inchBoost View Post


damb brah almond butter is the ****! You eatin the pre packaged kind (MaraNatha)? or the Fresh ground kind you can grind as much as you want?
Fresh ground > Pre Packaged

Kroger Brand..Trader Joes has some but its like 30 bucks for a small..ill prolly stop eatin almond butter all together tho when i bulk again..reg PB has more fat/same sat fat as Alm B per serving

post #46 of 37596
This new look/thread has me motivated more than ever to become a frequent flyer to this topic.
post #47 of 37596
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocathajordans23 View Post


Ima use this on some of my boys that be like "Ima go to the gym with you" and dudes never show up. laugh.gif
post #48 of 37596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post

Can anybody give me tips on how to gain a quick 20 pounds ?
Gallon of Milk a day (GOMAD) is thrown out there a lot as a means for bulking.
post #49 of 37596
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaWeX05 View Post

You don't build muscle just on eating protein. Protein is more to repair your muscles after a workout. Just workout hard, more reps, cardio and you'll have that lean look.

This. If you want to build muscle, you'll have to eat in a calorie surplus along with a high amount of carbs. For bulking, I usually eat 1-1.2g protein/lb bodyweight, 2-2.3 g carbs/lb, and fill the rest of the calories in with fat. Everyone's body reacts different to macronutrients, so you should play around with your macros to see which best fits your body. Right now I've been in a deficit to cut weight and shred fat so my macros and calories are way lower than when I'm bulking. It's hard to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time unless you get noob gains or are taking a cycle.
post #50 of 37596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post

Can anybody give me tips on how to gain a quick 20 pounds ?

Quickly is supid because you are gonna gain fat and a lot of it which can just. Make it worse since it will be difficult to lose. Just increase your calories a bit and you will start to gain weight.
For Sale: DS Kobe IX POP ART size 11.5
$130 (USD)
  
Reply
For Sale: DS Kobe IX POP ART size 11.5
$130 (USD)
  
Reply
post #51 of 37596
OG NT smokin.gif
post #52 of 37596
NT famb. Some days I can do a pull up, some days I can't. Anybody have some tips to help me be able to consistently do it?
post #53 of 37596
^ just use an assisted pullup machine till you can do a couple reps. then do regular pullups. then eventually you'll be doing weighted pullups. don't worry they really arent easy to do and it might take a while but just keep doing it.

what's your weight and height? what kind of pull ups are you doing? wide grip? close grip? under hand or over hand?
post #54 of 37596
Thread Starter 
40mins on the bike machine.
10mins 6 setting
10mins 12
10mins 15
12mins 20

Walked like Ed Norton after that scene in American History X over to the scale for my weekly weigh in... 215.5 :-D

That scale is back on its way down smokin.gif

Tracking your consumption is so key, TRACK EM!
post #55 of 37596
I lurked hard on the other thread but it's good to be here. I'm down 20 lbs but I need to lose 20 more. Trying to ge tback to my college playing weight. 210lbs
post #56 of 37596
Looking to get into shape but ended up injuring my ankle mysteriously. roll.gif

Any suggestions on how I can still get my cardio covered?
Sacramento Kings.
Reply
Sacramento Kings.
Reply
post #57 of 37596
My Body Is Ready. I haven't worked out in two days...need to get back in there.
post #58 of 37596
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos View Post

40mins on the bike machine.
10mins 6 setting
10mins 12
10mins 15
12mins 20
Walked like Ed Norton after that scene in American History X over to the scale for my weekly weigh in... 215.5 :-D
That scale is back on its way down smokin.gif
Tracking your consumption is so key, TRACK EM!

Yeah boiiii! nthat.gif
post #59 of 37596
Love this thread.

For anybody who has done Insanity while weight training (at a gym), how has your experience been? Is your body breaking down? Any random joints aching or so?
I'm strongly considering Insanity to get trim, but don't want to lose too much muscle so I'm conflicted.
post #60 of 37596
Rode my bike to gym on leg day.

I've made a huge mistake.
Eat clen, tren hard.
Reply
Eat clen, tren hard.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread