NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread - Page 147

post #4381 of 39629
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLest View Post

interesting. when do you gym? so even if you wake up at 8am you ain't eatin till 2?
iLLest!
I hit the gym around 12:30-1 so I get out around 2 and yes even if I wake up super early I don't eat till 2.
After you IF for a week or 2 you don't even get hungry during the fast.
88
Reply
88
Reply
post #4382 of 39629
Can someone recommend me a beginner's full body workout or guide if you have one. Past month I have been doing 30 minute cardio prior to the workout and some random arm exercises and leg exercises. I have been seeing results but want a structured plan. Any videos will be helpful as I a more visual learner. Have a gym at my vicinity but probably will join Blink Fitness in a month or two after the new year resolution people die down.


Here are some videos I found, wondering if I should follow them or not:



Also seen this sample workout, any good?
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/12-week-beginners-training-routine.html

Any help is appreciated and welcomed, thanks.
"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" - Bernard Baruch
Reply
"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" - Bernard Baruch
Reply
post #4383 of 39629
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe4threebang View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBottom305 View Post

I use my Solos while working out. I'm not concerned with what headphones might make me look like to everyone else.. They provide a tighter fit and give me the bass that I like. They get the job done.

indifferent.gif yea since bass is soooooooooooooooo important while working out

I like to feel the music. Don't come at me bro.
post #4384 of 39629
Feeling like complete **** at the gym. Headache is crazy man smh..proud i still lifted though

Anybody else avoid this thread when your eating ****** or havent been to the gym in a couple days? haha its like avoiding your parents when you got in trouble at shool as a kid
post #4385 of 39629
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBottom305 View Post

I use my Solos while working out. I'm not concerned with what headphones might make me look like to everyone else.. They provide a tighter fit and give me the bass that I like. They get the job done.

How you work around the sweat component? Headband? I got the athletic joints, but the solos are dope too...
post #4386 of 39629
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBottom305 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe4threebang View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBottom305 View Post

I use my Solos while working out. I'm not concerned with what headphones might make me look like to everyone else.. They provide a tighter fit and give me the bass that I like. They get the job done.

indifferent.gif yea since bass is soooooooooooooooo important while working out

I like to feel the music. Don't come at me bro.

Hey hey there fellas.  We're all here for the same reasons.

MANCHESTER UNITED l PITTSBURGH STEELERS l NY KNICKS

 

 

WANT TO BUY: 

Kobe 8 Purple Gradient sz 9.5

Brown Nike Sportswear BOXES ONLY sz. 9.5 

Reply

MANCHESTER UNITED l PITTSBURGH STEELERS l NY KNICKS

 

 

WANT TO BUY: 

Kobe 8 Purple Gradient sz 9.5

Brown Nike Sportswear BOXES ONLY sz. 9.5 

Reply
post #4387 of 39629
my arms chest lats etc, are getting bigger. i see results. but my legs are so fing stubborn. leg day i do

squat

45 plate on and 7 reps for warm up. ill add on weight and do 5 sets of 5.

leg press

270

3 sets of 10. used to do heavy weight with this but changed to lightweight and upped the reps

leg curls

3 sets of 10

seated calf raises

3 sets of 12

standing calf raises

3 sets of 12


thats it. i dont do leg extensions cause it started to hurt my knees. any help?
Word life, everything I recite stand out
Go head and front, so I can try this right hand out
Across ya jaw
Troy D never lost the war
No respect for them cowards who enforce the law
Reply
Word life, everything I recite stand out
Go head and front, so I can try this right hand out
Across ya jaw
Troy D never lost the war
No respect for them cowards who enforce the law
Reply
post #4388 of 39629
Quote:
Originally Posted by AG 47 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBottom305 View Post

I use my Solos while working out. I'm not concerned with what headphones might make me look like to everyone else.. They provide a tighter fit and give me the bass that I like. They get the job done.

How you work around the sweat component? Headband? I got the athletic joints, but the solos are dope too...

Honestly I just deal with it. I get what some of the guys are saying I just don't let it affect me. I've had powerbeats and I didn't like them because like other in ears they fall out when I sweat.
post #4389 of 39629
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBottom305 View Post

I like to feel the music. Don't come at me bro.

and u need 200$ headphones to do that?

why nt get a 30$ pair that arent as cumbersome,

heres some i own them they sound way better than my studios

and im sure the status symbol of the "beats" logo has nothing to do with u wearing them to the gym /sarcasm
post #4390 of 39629
might join the local crossfit gym, the group classes seem like alot of fun and i could learn a thing or two about proper form....


thought on crossfit training bros?
post #4391 of 39629
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyD View Post

my arms chest lats etc, are getting bigger. i see results. but my legs are so fing stubborn. leg day i do
squat
45 plate on and 7 reps for warm up. ill add on weight and do 5 sets of 5.
leg press
270
3 sets of 10. used to do heavy weight with this but changed to lightweight and upped the reps
leg curls
3 sets of 10
seated calf raises
3 sets of 12
standing calf raises
3 sets of 12
thats it. i dont do leg extensions cause it started to hurt my knees. any help?

Do you do deadlifts? You can also do front squats if you know how to do them and you could also add lunges. Is your squat form perfect?
post #4392 of 39629
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksteezy View Post

might join the local crossfit gym, the group classes seem like alot of fun and i could learn a thing or two about proper form....


thought on crossfit training bros?

 

The concept is cool but I'm not so sure about the execution. I've seen some people doing Crossfit workouts and I've seen them on Youtube and form always seems to go out the door because of the way it's set up (reps for time or past failure often).

 

Also, they like to use kipping movements, especially for pullups and muscleups. I much prefer to do them with strict form instead of the swinging.

 

You could try and do a circuit workout where you try and do maximal number of reps of a certain exercise but ensure your form stays 100% correct. Otherwise there's no point and you're risking injury.

post #4393 of 39629
Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post

The concept is cool but I'm not so sure about the execution. I've seen some people doing Crossfit workouts and I've seen them on Youtube and form always seems to go out the door because of the way it's set up (reps for time or past failure often).

Also, they like to use kipping movements, especially for pullups and muscleups. I much prefer to do them with strict form instead of the swinging.

You could try and do a circuit workout where you try and do maximal number of reps of a certain exercise but ensure your form stays 100% correct. Otherwise there's no point and you're risking injury.

yeah i noticed today when we did the 4 minute squat routine 20 second squats 10 seconds rest, i started off with good form, by the 6th rep, my form was on its way out the door, my legs are dead now.
post #4394 of 39629
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe4threebang View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBottom305 View Post

I like to feel the music. Don't come at me bro.

and u need 200$ headphones to do that?

why nt get a 30$ pair that arent as cumbersome,

heres some i own them they sound way better than my studios

and im sure the status symbol of the "beats" logo has nothing to do with u wearing them to the gym /sarcasm

Thanks man. I like to listen to music a lot. I enjoy making mixes. http://m.soundcloud.com/#/dabottom305/nike-workout-mix-2 Hope you like it.

To answer your question, I do not need them. I prefer them. I'd never go out and buy $200 Beats specially for the gym. I've used Bose and Skullcandy and the clarity is on point but they don't have that thump. Ya na'mean? Lol
post #4395 of 39629
- 10 minute walk.
- Dumbell fly warmup incline
- Incline Dumbell press
- Wide pull ups.
- Flat bench
- Close grip pull ups
- Seated incline press machine
- Wide dips
- Mile
- Chipotle

iLLest!
post #4396 of 39629
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksteezy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post

The concept is cool but I'm not so sure about the execution. I've seen some people doing Crossfit workouts and I've seen them on Youtube and form always seems to go out the door because of the way it's set up (reps for time or past failure often).

Also, they like to use kipping movements, especially for pullups and muscleups. I much prefer to do them with strict form instead of the swinging.

You could try and do a circuit workout where you try and do maximal number of reps of a certain exercise but ensure your form stays 100% correct. Otherwise there's no point and you're risking injury.

yeah i noticed today when we did the 4 minute squat routine 20 second squats 10 seconds rest, i started off with good form, by the 6th rep, my form was on its way out the door, my legs are dead now.

Crossfit is terrible on your joints due to bad form stemming from fatigue and all the swinging movements. I read an article from a guy who had to have double rotator cuff surgery after 5 years of crossfit, ol boy was doing 15,000+ pullups a year and just wrecked them. and his experience wasn't abnormal either. I feel like once these types of injuries become more common in time, Crossfit is gonna start fading away.
post #4397 of 39629
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksteezy View Post

yeah i noticed today when we did the 4 minute squat routine 20 second squats 10 seconds rest, i started off with good form, by the 6th rep, my form was on its way out the door, my legs are dead now.

 

I like how it promotes fitness though, have cardio and strength covered. Also the intensity means you're actually forced to work instead of just chill lifting light dumbbells or strolling on the elliptical. 

 

It's definitely a good way to get into shape though, but if you tweak the workouts so you're focused on form and not just banging out reps you'd probably be better off.

post #4398 of 39629
Sharp pain in my knee while doing leg press. ****...hours later and still feels bad.
post #4399 of 39629
Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post

I like how it promotes fitness though, have cardio and strength covered. Also the intensity means you're actually forced to work instead of just chill lifting light dumbbells or strolling on the elliptical. 

It's definitely a good way to get into shape though, but if you tweak the workouts so you're focused on form and not just banging out reps you'd probably be better off.

well honestly the group classes is not something i see myself paying for month after month, its expensive, i figure i need a change from my average gym routine which im losing interest in after 3 years, ive never done group work outs so i figure it be something nice and different for maybe 3 months...to give myself a new jumpstart.
post #4400 of 39629
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLest View Post

- 10 minute walk.
- Dumbell fly warmup incline
- Incline Dumbell press
- Wide pull ups.
- Flat bench
- Close grip pull ups
- Seated incline press machine
- Wide dips
- Mile
- Chipotle
iLLest!

I stay ending my workouts with Chipotle laugh.gif
post #4401 of 39629
these are my headphones. feels great, sturdy on the ear, great sound and affordable to just sweat in. I have a pair of studio beats, but I'd never take them in the gym, that's just silly imho when there's so many other viable options.


http://www.target.com/p/sony-on-the-ear-headphones-mdrj10-blue-blue/-/A-536756#prodSlot=medium_1_49&term=sony

Lakers tho...

Reply

Lakers tho...

Reply
post #4402 of 39629
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksteezy View Post

well honestly the group classes is not something i see myself paying for month after month, its expensive, i figure i need a change from my average gym routine which im losing interest in after 3 years, ive never done group work outs so i figure it be something nice and different for maybe 3 months...to give myself a new jumpstart.

 

I feel you.

 

You ever try working out outdoors using bodyweight? It gets a bad rep because people think bodyweight exercises aren't challenging enough, but that's definitely not true.

 

I started doing it a few months ago to take advantage of the summer weather and I've loved it ever since. Challenges me cause my balance isn't that great, and it translates to the gym too.

post #4403 of 39629
Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post

I feel you.

You ever try working out outdoors using bodyweight? It gets a bad rep because people think bodyweight exercises aren't challenging enough, but that's definitely not true.

I started doing it a few months ago to take advantage of the summer weather and I've loved it ever since. Challenges me cause my balance isn't that great, and it translates to the gym too.

problem is, its like 30 degrees in ny around this time...lol
post #4404 of 39629
I need a new routine. ohwell.gif
"It doesn't matter how it happened, we can't make it unhappen. Now we have to adapt."
Reply
"It doesn't matter how it happened, we can't make it unhappen. Now we have to adapt."
Reply
post #4405 of 39629
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyD View Post

my arms chest lats etc, are getting bigger. i see results. but my legs are so fing stubborn. leg day i do
squat
45 plate on and 7 reps for warm up. ill add on weight and do 5 sets of 5.
leg press
270
3 sets of 10. used to do heavy weight with this but changed to lightweight and upped the reps
leg curls
3 sets of 10
seated calf raises
3 sets of 12
standing calf raises
3 sets of 12
thats it. i dont do leg extensions cause it started to hurt my knees. any help?

Your routine looks pretty solid, maybe add one more thing in there though, like deadlift or front squat like doctor shoes said, or maybe some lunges.

If you're loking for something new for calves, try this, I've been doing it lately and am seeing good results.
http://www.muscleandfitness.com/videos/raw-training/mf-raw-62-calves-cows
Do one set of that and then do 2 sets of a super-set of seated calf raises and standing one-legged calf raises (on an elevated surface)

This calf routine has been having my calves feeling sick.gif the next day
Edited by ImReallyDirkNowitzki - 12/29/12 at 9:49pm
post #4406 of 39629
i've been doing it because of this man. mean.gif



...


steezy in this thread?! eek.gifpimp.gif

iLLest!
post #4407 of 39629
Nothing like a delicious burrito bowl with Chicken, guac, brown rice, beans, lettuce, hot salsa, and lettuce after a great workout.
Has everything you need for recovery (Protein, Carbs, Good fats) and its absolutely DELICIOUS. nthat.gif

Just wish it was a little cheaper though...I cant afford to do that everyday. Defeats the whole purpose of healthy grocery shopping. mean.gif
LOS ANGELES LAKERS - SAN DIEGO CHARGERS - #TeamFITNESS
INSTAGRAM: @REHSILIENT
Reply
LOS ANGELES LAKERS - SAN DIEGO CHARGERS - #TeamFITNESS
INSTAGRAM: @REHSILIENT
Reply
post #4408 of 39629
i need to get another pair of headphones. left mine at work and had to workout listening to the gym music - shhh was terrible. and no headphones made it easier for people to talk to me. i don't like to talk at the gym.
post #4409 of 39629
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksteezy View Post

problem is, its like 30 degrees in ny around this time...lol

 

I hate cold weather sick.gif

 

But in the meantime, if you got room in your place, try doing some balance exercises. Headstands, then handstands, then start doing inverted crunches and extensions in these positions. I can't do a handstand yet so it's something I'm working on. Hell I think I'll practice right now cause I'm bored laugh.gif

post #4410 of 39629
Crossfit is a great break from a routine, wouldn't do it long term. I pick apart their WOD's and incorporate them into my lifting/conditioning routines. Best of both worlds. Not surprised over the dude shredding his rotator cuffs. Some of the workouts are not "safe/healthy". It's definitely for the competitive "bro".

It will kick up your cardio though, just don't sacrifice form. I do bodyweight excercises when I'm outdoors. Never had the mental stamina to run long distance. Most I can do is maybe 2-3 miles before i lose interest. Stairs, sprints, air squats, push ups, pull ups, burpees are good outdoor routines.

Anyway, I'm going to try and log everything in 2013. Hopefully it last, but it is hard to do. I remember finding Taylor Mays log when he played at SC, very detailed. Wrote down everything he ate/drank, lifts, routines, etc.
Instagram: dont_call_saul
Reply
Instagram: dont_call_saul
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread