NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread - Page 168

post #5011 of 42585
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickp42189 View Post

gotta have fish doe, even if its only one serving, it definitely makes a difference

I do fish every so often to diversify my meals, I couldnt eat it as consistent as I do Chicken Turkey or beef.
Instagram: CashmereEsquire
Reply
Instagram: CashmereEsquire
Reply
post #5012 of 42585
Just gonna throw this out there... but do you guys browse /fit/?

Honestly I laugh so hard at some of the stuff on there. So funny.
post #5013 of 42585
1. I don't soak my steel cut oats. I thought that was only beneficial for those looking to cut down on cooking time. Since I am not cooking mine I thought it was pointless. Am I wrong? Also, I sometime add some Psyllium Husk to my shakes. Extra Extra Extra fiber.

2. I cooked a LOT of food this weekend.

2 Chicken Breasts: Seasoned with Cumino, Ceyenne Pepper, Black Pepper, Oregano.

Ground Chicken Spaghetti: I bought some roasted red peppers. So I took those, some spicy peppers that my friend's father grows and some garlic and blended them into a puree. I added that and a half of a jar of tomato sauce and simmered it with the ground chicken. Came out good.

I made the pinto bean soup with kale and sweet potatoes.

Made some string beans

Brown Rice.

I am set for the week man.
post #5014 of 42585
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican View Post

Animal flesh/protein powders aren't the only sources of protein either.

Like I said best sources to me. Greek yogurt is gross. Everything else you have to eat a butt load of just to get 40g and it ends up being twice the calories of 2 chicken breast.

what about beans? Eggs? Almonds? Pistachios? Turkey Breast? Low Fat Cheese? You can get lean beef and still get a bunch of protein. There's tons of alternatives high in protein, low in general fat.

Lakers tho...

Reply

Lakers tho...

Reply
post #5015 of 42585
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano View Post

Like I said best sources to me. Greek yogurt is gross. Everything else you have to eat a butt load of just to get 40g and it ends up being twice the calories of 2 chicken breast.
We have to start thinking about things other than just hitting numbers. Eating chicken every day just isn't healthy. SO much cholesterol man. You have to keep that in mind when you are consuming so much animal flesh.

But I know so many of us are so hell bent on getting, "X amount of protein."

I see that as a big issue with most workout dudes today.
post #5016 of 42585
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano View Post

Chicken breast is the best source of protein imo. Less fat than Red Meats more versatile than Fish and the only pork I mess with is Ribs.
Animal flesh/protein powders aren't the only sources of protein either.

word greek yogurt has hella protein or cottage cheese. i try to eat two servings of one or the other each morning. i get the chobani greek yogurt the apple one has like 15 grams of protein x2 is 30 grams right there. 

 

edit: and my mom gets these turkey burgers that have like 35 grams of protein in one patty. i was like damb so i been making on those

post #5017 of 42585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeze View Post

what about beans? Eggs? Almonds? Pistachios? Turkey Breast? Low Fat Cheese? You can get lean beef and still get a bunch of protein. There's tons of alternatives high in protein, low in general fat.

Almonds to get 20g of protein will be well over 300 calories. Chicken taste better than Turkey, low fat cheese gives me like 12g of protein at about 90 cal and I can tmake a meal of just cheese, Eggs isnt something I could eat 3 times a day.

Like I said the other stuff are good add ons but Chicken is the Foundation of everything in my book. 1 breast at 110-120 cal with 22-24 g of protein = GOAT.
Instagram: CashmereEsquire
Reply
Instagram: CashmereEsquire
Reply
post #5018 of 42585
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonunox34 View Post

Just gonna throw this out there... but do you guys browse /fit/?

Honestly I laugh so hard at some of the stuff on there. So funny.

i tried one time but i dont understand 4chan. srs i must be an idiot but i just can comprehend it 

post #5019 of 42585
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican View Post

We have to start thinking about things other than just hitting numbers. Eating chicken every day just isn't healthy. SO much cholesterol man. You have to keep that in mind when you are consuming so much animal flesh.
But I know so many of us are so hell bent on getting, "X amount of protein."
I see that as a big issue with most workout dudes today.

I mean I enjoy meat, and will eat meat every meal, Chicken is the Lesser evil of all meat besides turkey, and Chicken tastes way better than turkey. At the end of the day I cant eat stuff I dont enjoy, like I said greek yogurt is one of the worst things I ever tried, I rather have almonds and a banana as a snack, my meals I like to get the bulk of my macros from, lol Im not gonna eat a pound of nuts for dinner.
Instagram: CashmereEsquire
Reply
Instagram: CashmereEsquire
Reply
post #5020 of 42585
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTysontheKiller View Post

>implying hedgehog twins didn't roid


you think they juiced? why exactly?

Lakers tho...

Reply

Lakers tho...

Reply
post #5021 of 42585
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCrewBux View Post

word greek yogurt has hella protein or cottage cheese. i try to eat two servings of one or the other each morning. i get the chobani greek yogurt the apple one has like 15 grams of protein x2 is 30 grams right there. 

edit: and my mom gets these turkey burgers that have like 35 grams of protein in one patty. i was like damb so i been making on those
I don't eat organic so it might be slightly hypocritical of me shooting down a meat choice, but I wouldn't get pre-made turkey brugers. I would buy the ground turkey and make my own.

I will find the research behind it when I find it.
post #5022 of 42585
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano View Post

I mean I enjoy meat, and will eat meat every meal, Chicken is the Lesser evil of all meat besides turkey, and Chicken tastes way better than turkey. At the end of the day I cant eat stuff I dont enjoy, like I said greek yogurt is one of the worst things I ever tried, I rather have almonds and a banana as a snack, my meals I like to get the bulk of my macros from, lol Im not gonna eat a pound of nuts for dinner.
I really wasn't suggesting any of that but ok.

You can load up on veggies as well.

I am simply saying that you should start focusing on the HEALTH part of the journey and not just the physical transformation aspect of it.
post #5023 of 42585
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican View Post

I really wasn't suggesting any of that but ok.
You can load up on veggies as well.
I am simply saying that you should start focusing on the HEALTH part of the journey and not just the physical transformation aspect of it.

i dont think there is a meat healthier than chicken besides Turkey or Buffalo or something.
Instagram: CashmereEsquire
Reply
Instagram: CashmereEsquire
Reply
post #5024 of 42585
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCrewBux View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonunox34 View Post

Just gonna throw this out there... but do you guys browse /fit/?


Honestly I laugh so hard at some of the stuff on there. So funny.
i tried one time but i dont understand 4chan. srs i must be an idiot but i just can comprehend it 






post #5025 of 42585
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano View Post

i dont think there is a meat healthier than chicken besides Turkey or Buffalo or something.
You got it man.
post #5026 of 42585

Chicken is high in cholesterol? In the skin I would say but I'm not sure about much being in lean chicken.

 

It is the best meat by far the for amount of protein with low amount of calories.

 

Moderation is key with anything in life.


                               http://instagram.com/j_shumate

Reply


                               http://instagram.com/j_shumate

Reply
post #5027 of 42585
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBOSS View Post

Chicken is high in cholesterol? In the skin I would say but I'm not sure about much being in lean chicken.

It is the best meat by far the for amount of protein with low amount of calories.

Moderation is key with anything in life.
But eating something EVERYDAY is moderation? Not at all.

The best MEAT is still high in cholesterol man. You all keep missing that fact.

ABout 140 in a chicken breast.

Animal products are high in cholesterol. Which is a main reason why people go vegan
post #5028 of 42585
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican View Post

But eating something EVERYDAY is moderation? Not at all.
The best MEAT is still high in cholesterol man. You all keep missing that fact.
ABout 140 in a chicken breast.
Animal products are high in cholesterol. Which is a main reason why people go vegan

lol more power to vegans but I wont no part of that. And nobody is eating chicken everyday.
Instagram: CashmereEsquire
Reply
Instagram: CashmereEsquire
Reply
post #5029 of 42585
this thread finally got back to how it should be. started IF last week and am feeling great.
post #5030 of 42585
Any of you all bake with your Protein powder?

Seen people make cheese cakes, donuts, etc, I may do waffles which is nothing spectacular.
Instagram: CashmereEsquire
Reply
Instagram: CashmereEsquire
Reply
post #5031 of 42585

From Livestrong.com:

 

The American Heart Associationicon1.png recommends you limit your cholesterol intake to 300 mg per day

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/424979-is-chicken-high-in-cholesterol/#ixzz2HEoA1opR

 

 

 

 

I know I'm not eating that much cholesterol in a day, but either way I need to cut back but its damn good and fills me up. I eat a lot of salmon and tuna also so I should be ok. I won't have the same diet for my whole life but while cutting I'm doing this one.


                               http://instagram.com/j_shumate

Reply


                               http://instagram.com/j_shumate

Reply
post #5032 of 42585
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano View Post

lol more power to vegans but I wont no part of that. And nobody is eating chicken everyday.
But you said you eat MEAT with every meal. Heart disease should be factored into the Staying/Getting in Shape process. That is what I am saying. Your heart should be more important than you getting your protein quota.

Which brings me back to my main point, we all need to cut out the amount of meat we consume. Not telling you to go vegan. Not telling you to be a vegetarian. But adopting a, "More veggies, less meat" lifestyle can help us all.

The picture is bigger than "gains."
post #5033 of 42585
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBOSS View Post

From Livestrong.com:
I know I'm not eating that much cholesterol in a day, but either way I need to cut back but its damn good and fills me up. I eat a lot of salmon and tuna also so I should be ok. I won't have the same diet for my whole life but while cutting I'm doing this one.
Boss,

If ONE chicken breast is roughly HALF of a high intake of cholesterol per day, why do you think you aren't reaching 300 per day?

Breakdown what you ate yesterday and we can analyze. It is so easy to get 300 man. SO easy.
post #5034 of 42585
How do ya cook steel cut oats? I have 3 boxes...bought them when I read on miscnabout them. Cooked them once and havent done it since haha. Too much work man smh
post #5035 of 42585
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican View Post


Boss,
If ONE chicken breast is roughly HALF of a high intake of cholesterol per day, why do you think you aren't reaching 300 per day?
Breakdown what you ate yesterday and we can analyze. It is so easy to get 300 man. SO easy.

Yeah your right, time to cut back on the chicken in terms of eating it everyday. Because I eat 10oz-13oz for lunch but I swear there is no fat on it lol

 

I don't want to down play cholesterol but I don't think mine is high at all.


                               http://instagram.com/j_shumate

Reply


                               http://instagram.com/j_shumate

Reply
post #5036 of 42585
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBOSS View Post

From Livestrong.com:

The American 
Heart Association
icon1.png


 recommends you limit your cholesterol intake to 300 mg per day


Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/424979-is-chicken-high-in-cholesterol/#ixzz2HEoA1opR






I know I'm not eating that much cholesterol in a day, but either way I need to cut back but its damn good and fills me up. I eat a lot of salmon and tuna also so I should be ok. I won't have the same diet for my whole life but while cutting I'm doing this one.

I always take stuff like that with a grain of salt, they usually dont account for people living an active lifestyle or that are athletic. When you look at food daily values those % are usually that for a woman 130lb that does nothing.
Instagram: CashmereEsquire
Reply
Instagram: CashmereEsquire
Reply
post #5037 of 42585
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano View Post

I always take stuff like that with a grain of salt, they usually dont account for people living an active lifestyle or that are athletic. When you look at food daily values those % are usually that for a woman 130lb that does nothing.
Yea when you are talking about caloric intake maybe but cholesterol is cholesterol Luck. There is no, "they aren't factoring in lifestyle" aspect to this.
post #5038 of 42585
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano View Post


I always take stuff like that with a grain of salt, they usually dont account for people living an active lifestyle or that are athletic. When you look at food daily values those % are usually that for a woman 130lb that does nothing.

Yeah I do cardio everyday and the chicken I have has no skin or fat. I'm not going vegetarian either. But I'm going to get a physical soon just to find out since I've lost this weight.


                               http://instagram.com/j_shumate

Reply


                               http://instagram.com/j_shumate

Reply
post #5039 of 42585
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBOSS View Post

Yeah your right, time to cut back on the chicken in terms of eating it everyday. Because I eat 10oz-13oz for lunch but I swear there is no fat on it lol

I don't want to down play cholesterol but I don't think mine is high at all.
No one thinks theirs is man.

Like I said break down a typical day for yourself. What are you eating
post #5040 of 42585
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican View Post


No one thinks theirs is man.
Like I said break down a typical day for yourself. What are you eating

I put my meal plan back a few pages.

 

I eat meat at lunch and dinner with veggies.


                               http://instagram.com/j_shumate

Reply


                               http://instagram.com/j_shumate

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread