NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread - Page 3

post #61 of 37137
Quote:
Originally Posted by theDEEK View Post

Looking to get into shape but ended up injuring my ankle mysteriously. roll.gif
Any suggestions on how I can still get my cardio covered?

Rowing?
What's 1.21 gigawatts to a McFly like me. Can you please remind me?
Reply
What's 1.21 gigawatts to a McFly like me. Can you please remind me?
Reply
post #62 of 37137
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyzzle View Post

^ just use an assisted pullup machine till you can do a couple reps. then do regular pullups. then eventually you'll be doing weighted pullups. don't worry they really arent easy to do and it might take a while but just keep doing it.
what's your weight and height? what kind of pull ups are you doing? wide grip? close grip? under hand or over hand?
I

6'0/212 is my weight. I used to be 296 and so out of shape. I do over hand pull ups. For some reason they're easier than the underhand to me. My grip isn't too wide, but it's wider than normal. Sorry if that doesn't make sense lol
post #63 of 37137
Quote:
Originally Posted by theDEEK View Post

Looking to get into shape but ended up injuring my ankle mysteriously. roll.gif
Any suggestions on how I can still get my cardio covered?

 

 

If youre gym has a heavy bag then you could box. Obviously it wont be as intense since you cant move around, but you can get a good sweat out of it.

 

Or you could flap your arms around, 30 second intervals with 10-15 second rest inbetween "sets". Works the shoulders too.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

jk, dont do that.

 

tongue.gif

Formerly: 10PieceNuggets

Reply

Formerly: 10PieceNuggets

Reply
post #64 of 37137
im a fat F at the moment, i want to gain muscle and shed the fat. should i lift and do cardio daily? or should i just focus on bulking up for a few months then cut... which would have my body looking better? nerd.gif
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!”
― Genghis Khan

“A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.”
― Jebediah Springfield
Reply
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!”
― Genghis Khan

“A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.”
― Jebediah Springfield
Reply
post #65 of 37137
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOFA KING AWSM View Post

im a fat F at the moment, i want to gain muscle and shed the fat. should i lift and do cardio daily? or should i just focus on bulking up for a few months then cut... which would have my body looking better? nerd.gif

LMAO at even thinking about a bulk when you claim to be really fat..bulking requires you to eat OVER maintenance...let's pretend you're bulking...do you know how many cals and grams of protein you would need in order to actually gain muscle?...and even then you wouldn't notice it because of all the fat you probably have. Cut at 500 under maintenance and up your protein and lift hard, b
Doing Brooklyn things
Reply
Doing Brooklyn things
Reply
post #66 of 37137
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo View Post

Good move on the new thread, need to get on my grind heavy. Working out isn't hard, eating right is...

 

So true.

 

Biggest way I've seen results is simply not eating after 8 pm. This is so crucial. You wake up feeling good.

post #67 of 37137
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocathajordans23 View Post

This is my phone background so I can see it every morning when I wake up
Team Denver Nuggets, Tarheel Nation, Team Carolina Panthers
Buzz is Back
Reply
Team Denver Nuggets, Tarheel Nation, Team Carolina Panthers
Buzz is Back
Reply
post #68 of 37137
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOFA KING AWSM View Post

im a fat F at the moment, i want to gain muscle and shed the fat. should i lift and do cardio daily? or should i just focus on bulking up for a few months then cut... which would have my body looking better? nerd.gif

Just focus on losing weight. Get on a high protein diet. Lift heavy and shed the fat first.
What's 1.21 gigawatts to a McFly like me. Can you please remind me?
Reply
What's 1.21 gigawatts to a McFly like me. Can you please remind me?
Reply
post #69 of 37137
Can someone point me in the right direction or dumb things down for me.
I get lost with all this nutrition talk. Whats kind of foods are carbs/proteins?
Right now im chubby 5'8" 172 lbs. I was 185 before i started playing in a soccer team about 3 months ago.
I really haven't worked out, just been playing soccer but will start hitting the gym.
Im trying to get down to 160 but Im lost as to what kinds of foods to avoid. I mostly drink water and eat whatever the GF cooks.
Instagram: ze_javier
C.D. Guadalajara
Reply
Instagram: ze_javier
C.D. Guadalajara
Reply
post #70 of 37137
Thread Starter 
(I don't recommend the following)

when I started in November, I did nothing but 1hr sessions on the eliptical for about 10 days straight before I gave myself a day of rest. Once January came, I cut it to 6 days, resting on Sundays. I didn't begin to lift until April started.

I was taking in about 1200 calories a day while taking supposed fat burners.


I'd focus on cardio for a while brother SOFA, don't even think of lifting weights for now. That's my own opinion, although i've read in numerous other places that nothing burns fat like going steady on a weight program out the gate.
post #71 of 37137
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOFA KING AWSM View Post

im a fat F at the moment, i want to gain muscle and shed the fat. should i lift and do cardio daily? or should i just focus on bulking up for a few months then cut... which would have my body looking better? nerd.gif

Watch the diet most importantly.

Personally, I'm not sure what your body looks like, but its better to lose fat first and worry about putting on muscle later. To me, it's 100% psychological to see yourself looking better and the subsequent motivation you will receive.
EBAY! Check it out!


Wanted: LeBron V size 9.5-10

My thoughts on the Chicago Bulls http://bullspassion.blogspot.com/
Reply
EBAY! Check it out!


Wanted: LeBron V size 9.5-10

My thoughts on the Chicago Bulls http://bullspassion.blogspot.com/
Reply
post #72 of 37137
im at 210lb-218lb @ 5'10. guess ill be doing all cardio for a few months. will prob do Insanity.
what weight should i get down to before i start lifting?
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!”
― Genghis Khan

“A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.”
― Jebediah Springfield
Reply
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!”
― Genghis Khan

“A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.”
― Jebediah Springfield
Reply
post #73 of 37137
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaWeX05 View Post

Rowing?
Hmm. I'll try that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picasso Swerve View Post


If youre gym has a heavy bag then you could box. Obviously it wont be as intense since you cant move around, but you can get a good sweat out of it.

Or you could flap your arms around, 30 second intervals with 10-15 second rest inbetween "sets". Works the shoulders too.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
jk, dont do that.

tongue.gif

roll.gifroll.gif
Sacramento Kings.
Reply
Sacramento Kings.
Reply
post #74 of 37137
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOFA KING AWSM View Post

im at 210lb-218lb @ 5'10. guess ill be doing all cardio for a few months.
what weight should i get down to before i start lifting?

Just lift, man. You are not going to gain weight if you are lifting and are on a proper diet.

Weight training is great for fat loss.
What's 1.21 gigawatts to a McFly like me. Can you please remind me?
Reply
What's 1.21 gigawatts to a McFly like me. Can you please remind me?
Reply
post #75 of 37137
to the Fat F:

Try Leangains.com

I truly believe for those very overweight it will work wonders. The problem is that you guys like to eat a lot which is probably why you are a 'Fat F' in the first place but I believe there was a study where a severely obese dude fasted for like 200+ days with only multivitamins and lost hella weight and was completely healthy.

not to say you should do that lol but I think the IF for overweight people is a great way to lose weight whilst still eating a big meal

Also lift weights, dont skimp on the lifting, biggest mistake people make IMO. There are some hormonal benefits to it.

Basically lifting isn't going to hurt your progress, it will only help it

To the dude with busted ankle:

Try swimming if your worried about the cardio. Should be pretty low impact or just tread water for x mins lol
Edited by 40inchBoost - 7/20/12 at 2:48pm
post #76 of 37137
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaWeX05 View Post

Just lift, man. You are not going to gain weight if you are lifting and are on a proper diet.
Weight training is great for fat loss.

ok ill just lift then since i hate cardio. did strong lifts for 1 month but things started getting kinda heavy and i opted to wait a month to cop a squat rack, aug 1 ill be back at it.


and yea i do like to eat. my dads a chef. foods delicious man. ill check out leangains thanks smokin.gif
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!”
― Genghis Khan

“A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.”
― Jebediah Springfield
Reply
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!”
― Genghis Khan

“A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.”
― Jebediah Springfield
Reply
post #77 of 37137
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOFA KING AWSM View Post

ok ill just lift then since i hate cardio. did strong lifts for 1 month but things started getting kinda heavy and i opted to wait a month to cop a squat rack, aug 1 ill be back at it.

and yea i do like to eat. my dads a chef. foods delicious man. ill check out leangains thanks smokin.gif

if you hate cardio I would suggest something like HIIT then. Basically shortens the time as long as you bust your ***. Tough but if you want results then give it a try

10 mins HIIT > 20+ mins low intensity ellipitcal
post #78 of 37137
Dieting is so key. So key.

Specially carbs sick.gif
post #79 of 37137
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40inchBoost View Post

if you hate cardio I would suggest something like HIIT then. Basically shortens the time as long as you bust your ***. Tough but if you want results then give it a try
10 mins HIIT > 20+ mins low intensity ellipitcal

yeah I had great results with HIIT bout 2 yrs ago, but it is tough on my lungs(asthma). I would have to build up my cardio.
does daily lifting + cardio get you faster results than doing just heavy lifting or just cardio?
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!”
― Genghis Khan

“A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.”
― Jebediah Springfield
Reply
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!”
― Genghis Khan

“A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.”
― Jebediah Springfield
Reply
post #80 of 37137

Anybody try INSANITY on here?

post #81 of 37137
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoOk View Post

Dieting is so key. So key.
Specially carbs sick.gif
You are dead on man, diet is key. Most people really dont know how many cals they consume in an avg day or tend to underestimate in my observations

But I don't know I think carbs get knocked because they tend to hold water weight, and that's true but its temporary. Water weight =/= fat gain, although it might look like it and because it looks like it we assume carbs make us "fat"

at the end of the day its Calories in vs Calories out.

Your body will spend more energy digesting certain foods but at the end of the day its that simple equation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOFA KING AWSM View Post

yeah I had great results with HIIT bout 2 yrs ago, but it is tough on my lungs(asthma). I would have to build up my cardio.
does daily lifting + cardio get you faster results than doing just heavy lifting or just cardio?

Yes I would say so because your going to expend energy lifting and then again while doing cardio. Reap the hormonal benefits of lifting then get your heart rate up with some cardio

Also regarding leangains, fasting isn't for everyone but its also a way to see how much broscience is out there and that you don't need to eat every 2 hours to 'stoke' your metabolism, or eat protein every 2 hours to maintain your muscle mass. You can lift on an empty stomach and still record PR's. Your body is very efficient at using fat as a fuel source, that's why its 9 cals a gram or whatever, its meant for energy. Your body will use fat/carbs over muscle because its not very efficient for the body to begin breaking muscles/proteins down to convert into energy.
Edited by 40inchBoost - 7/20/12 at 3:11pm
post #82 of 37137
While everyone's genetic make up is diff't, the most important thing is to KNOW YOUR BODY's REACTION. But it comes down to intake and outtake. Watching calories, eatting well, and having rest and exercise is what you need.

Ultimately, it's a LIFESTYLE change.
post #83 of 37137
I just eat about 1 - 10grams of carb per day, pretty much an all protein diet.

Following a keto diet I am never hungry or ever craving, I dont count calories but since I eat only like once or twice and its pretty much all protein it ends up being pretty low calorie as well.

I've done 1200 calorie diets in the past with great success and I had plan to do that before I heard about keto, it definitely works but it never solved the craving issue and I never knew how good I can feel till my body got into the state of ketosis.

I also work out extremly hard,

1hr on the elliptical
32 steps of stairs x20 (outdoor public park)
1hr of basketball (mainly just running and shooting)
30 mins elliptical
10 mins Boxing sparring, (Punching while moving, great for foot work)

I do this for 5 days a week.

Keto does make you feel a little weaker than when you have stored glycogen in your muscle, so I break up my exercises and rest a bit before the next one.
post #84 of 37137

got that vaca weight back off, about time to start bulking

nthat.gif **TEAM FIT**  nthat.gif

 

 

 

DUKE BLUE DEVILS                                           

 

 

 

 

                               

Reply

nthat.gif **TEAM FIT**  nthat.gif

 

 

 

DUKE BLUE DEVILS                                           

 

 

 

 

                               

Reply
post #85 of 37137
Quote:
Originally Posted by STOPIT5 View Post

I just eat about 1 - 10grams of carb per day, pretty much an all protein diet.
Following a keto diet I am never hungry or ever craving, I dont count calories but since I eat only like once or twice and its pretty much all protein it ends up being pretty low calorie as well.
I've done 1200 calorie diets in the past with great success and I had plan to do that before I heard about keto, it definitely works but it never solved the craving issue and I never knew how good I can feel till my body got into the state of ketosis.
I also work out extremly hard,
1hr on the elliptical
32 steps of stairs x20 (outdoor public park)
1hr of basketball (mainly just running and shooting)
30 mins elliptical
10 mins Boxing sparring, (Punching while moving, great for foot work)
I do this for 5 days a week.
Keto does make you feel a little weaker than when you have stored glycogen in your muscle, so I break up my exercises and rest a bit before the next one.

Lol at 1200 cals per day along with intense cardio. Are you a girl? No way you were getting your macros in with 1200 cals. Deprivation
Doing Brooklyn things
Reply
Doing Brooklyn things
Reply
post #86 of 37137
This week has really opened my eyes to how beneficial it is to not eat after like 8, 8:30
JGO

http://TheJGOCompany.tumblr.com

[Mixtape] Jamal Christopher - Like We Used To :: #GetItLIVE! http://livemixtap.es/m30 @IndyTapes @JamalCristopher @TheJGOCompany

LEIMERT PARK. 90008. JGO.
Reply
JGO

http://TheJGOCompany.tumblr.com

[Mixtape] Jamal Christopher - Like We Used To :: #GetItLIVE! http://livemixtap.es/m30 @IndyTapes @JamalCristopher @TheJGOCompany

LEIMERT PARK. 90008. JGO.
Reply
post #87 of 37137
Ok, so after seeing that Nike ad, and being a victim to that saying day after day telling myself "Monday we'll start back working out" being in Vegas it's hot as he'll, I use to get up 6am and take my dog for a 5mile walk, started adding tae-Bo and weight lifting. Then fell into a slump, now I'm looking to get back into the swing of things since my weight is the most it's ever been and I need to shed pounds NOW. I will be goin to be community gym in about 3 hrs, what kinds of diets, workouts, protein/calorie/carb intake is good for me? I'm about 6''2 320. Want to slim it to 220-250
post #88 of 37137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbr3akabl3 View Post

Anybody try INSANITY on here?
[/quote

yeah i did, and as the name suggest it is really insane. if you stick to the program and eat properly the extra weight will come off while
gaining muscle.
post #89 of 37137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbr3akabl3 View Post

Anybody try INSANITY on here?

I made a thread on it, not sure if was brought to here though.

But I did that last year, it's great man! Gets you back in shape, increases your endurance, cardio, stamina, muscular strengths and flexibility.

But I'm done with that now, thinking about trying Tap Out XT next.
post #90 of 37137
I converted this is mp3 and listen to it before every workout.


Video of the speech

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread