Originally Posted by NikeAirForce1
any one who has lost a significant amount of weight wanna chime in?
congrats on ur weightloss man I know exactly what youre talking about. That thread from bb.com was a big motvation for me too
270lbs to 146lbs in a little over a year timeframe.
It was like waking up in someone else's body at the end lol because I didn't really adjust to being skinny yet. I've always been told I was a goodlookin dude if I lost weight but I always shrugged it off as BS as some type of lowkey "hint" to make me lose weight. But when I did decide to lose the weight:
- no more choking when i sleep
- no more fat jokes, no more getting called fat ***
- no more sweating from just standing after 1 minute
- no more everybody giving me their food when they can't finish it
- no more breathing and sweating hard from walking a flight of stairs
- no more looking @ walking as a chore. Now I love walking. Rather take the stairs than the escalator.
- 44" waist to 32"
- XXXL to M size
- 7 5/8 to 7 1/4 fitted
- gained half inch in height 5'5.5 to 5'6. Doesn't matter tho still manlet
- 1st time doing a pull up and push ups was life accomplishment
- people not recognizing u
- people assuming you were skinny you're whole life
- no more getting called "big man" "big guy"
- people treating you equal
- people acknowledging you exist
- girls checkin u out, girls dtf @ parties, girl friends acting different around you, girls hittin on u, girls startin conversations, gay dudes checkin u out and hittin on you, catch dude's girl checkin u out and he's mad doggin you. etc
What made me decide to lose the weight was I knew if I kept my old lifestyle I would eventually become 300+lbs before I got to 30 and think about my life in "What ifs..."
My obese cousin was also a motivation because he went to hospital because of his diabetes and almost died. And I would've probably gotten diabetes too if i kept getting fatter since my grandpa had diabetes and died from it.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by gatorad3 - 2/4/13 at 4:00am