NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › Dressing Better Vol 2.0
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dressing Better Vol 2.0 - Page 602

post #18031 of 64578
http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/AldenForJCrew/PRDOVR~20762/20762.jsp

This appears like a pricing error but J.Crew has these black shell cordovan Alden's for only $480.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
Reply

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
Reply
post #18032 of 64578
Nice Arenas/ fit on the last page

For a different shirt than express I'd try J Crew or BB

γιατί όχι

 

Ignotus Vex

 

Insta

 

Reply

γιατί όχι

 

Ignotus Vex

 

Insta

 

Reply
post #18033 of 64578
I have a bunch of JCrew "Urban slim fit" pants, but the leg is a little too loose for me.
Are these pants worth taking to a tailor to get tapered or should I just move on?

Also, anyone have these from Bonobos? OR recommend something similar (not looking for skinny, more like slim with tapered leg) Thanks

http://www.bonobos.com/grey-slim-straight-pants-for-men-friday-greys
post #18034 of 64578
Hey_
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYaShinebox View Post

I have a bunch of JCrew "Urban slim fit" pants, but the leg is a little too loose for me.
Are these pants worth taking to a tailor to get tapered or should I just move on?

Yes, take 'em to the tailor.

Julius F. Wrek

W R E K

 

Bob Marley: ...you better be Black if you have a choice

Reply

W R E K

 

Bob Marley: ...you better be Black if you have a choice

Reply
post #18035 of 64578
^Anything I should say or request in particular? Figured I'd just try them on and get fitted to how I'd like the leg narrowed
post #18036 of 64578
Hey_
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYaShinebox View Post

Figured I'd just try them on and get fitted to how I'd like the leg narrowed

That would be for the best.

Julius F. Wrek

W R E K

 

Bob Marley: ...you better be Black if you have a choice

Reply

W R E K

 

Bob Marley: ...you better be Black if you have a choice

Reply
post #18037 of 64578
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYaShinebox View Post

^Anything I should say or request in particular? Figured I'd just try them on and get fitted to how I'd like the leg narrowed

A lot of pants look good with a taper (slimmer towards the bottom). You could request that if you like that style more than a straight-leg fit.
post #18038 of 64578
Ok thanks guys, now next question is how the heck to find a decent tailor. Closest large city (Philly) is over an hour away, seems like all local tailors are at dry cleaners and no reviews online. Is this a red flag? Anyway to gauge whether a tailor is competent or not? Don't really have anyone to go to for recommendations unfortunately (sorry for all of the questions)
post #18039 of 64578
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYaShinebox View Post

Ok thanks guys, now next question is how the heck to find a decent tailor. Closest large city (Philly) is over an hour away, seems like all local tailors are at dry cleaners and no reviews online. Is this a red flag? Anyway to gauge whether a tailor is competent or not? Don't really have anyone to go to for recommendations unfortunately (sorry for all of the questions)

This might not be the best thing to do but I'd call around for prices if there's no real reviews and if its reasonable then maybe get shirt or some pants you don't really wear much or maybe thrift a pair for like 4$ then take it to the tailor and get an idea of their work...like if it fits properly and they can understand what you need/want on a sample clothes item
Eagles | Olympique Lyonnais | Arsenal | Sixers | Phillies | Flyers | PITT Panthers
DB The Collective
Reply
Eagles | Olympique Lyonnais | Arsenal | Sixers | Phillies | Flyers | PITT Panthers
DB The Collective
Reply
post #18040 of 64578
post #18041 of 64578
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYaShinebox View Post

I have a bunch of JCrew "Urban slim fit" pants, but the leg is a little too loose for me.
Are these pants worth taking to a tailor to get tapered or should I just move on?

Also, anyone have these from Bonobos? OR recommend something similar (not looking for skinny, more like slim with tapered leg) Thanks

http://www.bonobos.com/grey-slim-straight-pants-for-men-friday-greys

Just got a pair of the stone slim straight Bonobos the other day. They fit pretty nicely, I'd say comparable to the Urban Slim Fit but a little bit slimmer. Before you buy from Bonobos check eBay. I got a pair for $35.
post #18042 of 64578
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrypork View Post

Just got a pair of the stone slim straight Bonobos the other day. They fit pretty nicely, I'd say comparable to the Urban Slim Fit but a little bit slimmer. Before you buy from Bonobos check eBay. I got a pair for $35.

I have two pairs of Bonobos slim straight chinos (one pair in bright green bc of a sale laugh.gif) and this fit is just about right for me. The leg opening does seem a decent amount smaller than the urban slim fit from jcrew

Do you happen to have any Dockers Alpha Khakis by any chance? If so, can you compare? Looks like pairs can be had for about $40 with the current sale. Thanks
post #18043 of 64578
Not sure who had brought it up before... but I passed by an H&M today and they had a few grey blazers on display. They were $25 I believe

γιατί όχι

 

Ignotus Vex

 

Insta

 

Reply

γιατί όχι

 

Ignotus Vex

 

Insta

 

Reply
post #18044 of 64578
Saved this picture off instagram a couple days ago and since rfx isnt coming back i guess ill post

post #18045 of 64578

γιατί όχι

 

Ignotus Vex

 

Insta

 

Reply

γιατί όχι

 

Ignotus Vex

 

Insta

 

Reply
post #18046 of 64578
Those double monks are horrendous
post #18047 of 64578
For the right person they would look great.
post #18048 of 64578
Doubled.
post #18049 of 64578
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

Might be the angle, but the last looks more dressy than casual (more elongated).

BTW your pants are too long, man (unless they're jeans and you want stacks....can't tell in the pic).

I think its the angle because they fit pretty well while standing. Also I've been pretty much a lurker since the old thread, so I never got the chance to tell you how dope that weight amount of weight loss was, well done sir. I'm on the other side of the spectrum, I was about 30 lbs lighter than I am now(about 153), when I was a freshman in college, so I completely respect how much dedication it took for you to get there.
post #18050 of 64578
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post


Why don't you lose the weight first? I was similar to your weight and if I had to guess...you're a size 35 or 36 waist

Yeah I'm a 36-38 depends on denim or pants but I mean damn I just wanted to know some pants I could get soon.

post #18051 of 64578
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuas View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

Why don't you lose the weight first? I was similar to your weight and if I had to guess...you're a size 35 or 36 waist
Yeah I'm a 36-38 depends on denim or pants but I mean damn I just wanted to know some pants I could get soon.

Just find a straight/relaxed fit. Go to your local mall/shopping center and see what you like man.

γιατί όχι

 

Ignotus Vex

 

Insta

 

Reply

γιατί όχι

 

Ignotus Vex

 

Insta

 

Reply
post #18052 of 64578
What are some cheap camo chinos? I don't wanna invest money on something I can't fit in a year
post #18053 of 64578
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano View Post

What are some cheap camo chinos? I don't wanna invest money on something I can't fit in a year

Not trying to sound like a broken record, but Dockers Alphas. I got my Camo Alphas for around 30-35 shipped from a sale someone posted in here I believe. That was a few months ago though, but I'm sure they can still be found for around the same price.
post #18054 of 64578
Since LE cargos are whats hot in the streets of #dbnt I got a $15 off $75 order promo code and pin (one time use). Hit me up via PM.
Instagram: backyardlobo
Reply
Instagram: backyardlobo
Reply
post #18055 of 64578
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo View Post

Since LE cargos are whats hot in the streets of #dbnt I got a $15 off $75 order promo code and pin (one time use). Hit me up via PM.

does anyone know the size of the leg opening on these or can someone do a quick measurement? thanks
post #18056 of 64578
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinamillion1 View Post

I think its the angle because they fit pretty well while standing. Also I've been pretty much a lurker since the old thread, so I never got the chance to tell you how dope that weight amount of weight loss was, well done sir. I'm on the other side of the spectrum, I was about 30 lbs lighter than I am now(about 153), when I was a freshman in college, so I completely respect how much dedication it took for you to get there.
It's a lifestyle change, man. After you go to the gym for a couple of months..it actually becomes addicting. I never was able to run at 10 miles per hour, do 50+ pushups without stopping, etc. so I wanted to keep pushing myself.

I went out to a pretty nice dinner with my girl tonight, but that thing had to be at least 2k calories, and they threw in a free slice of cheesecake for us laugh.gif I usually take Mondays off from the gym, but gotta do overtime for that tomorrow.

You have the problem everyone wants...super fast metabolism. My friend is the exact same way. He ate the stuff I did at the same time, except he's still 5'10'' at 130 lbs laugh.gif

Thanks for the kind words! If I can do it, I truly believe anyone can if they dedicate themselves to it.

Today: http://wisith.tumblr.com/post/46236195367/beach-day
post #18057 of 64578
Weekend thrift finds:

Ferragamo brown penny loafers
Shirts (left to right): Zegna (Napoli Couture label), Hermes, Zegna (regular label)
and a grey Canali tie

No give-away prices, about $120 for all. However they are some nice items I couldn't normally afford to purchase at retail, so i've convinced myself it was money well spent.



post #18058 of 64578
Quote:
Originally Posted by a blinkin View Post

What are some other options for fitted dress shirts besides the 1mx by express?

The J.Crew Ludlow Shirts are excellent, and they come in point- and spread-collar options.
Smooth seas don't make good sailors.
Reply
Smooth seas don't make good sailors.
Reply
post #18059 of 64578

 

Random Vegas night lol. Excuse the weird stomach bulge... Guess the tie underneath gave it a funky angle. 

post #18060 of 64578

I've had my LE Cargos for 2 years now....Had to make a sushi run last night:

 

S/O to NCTWIN

 

 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › Dressing Better Vol 2.0