NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › ***Official Political Discussion Thread***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***Official Political Discussion Thread*** - Page 1675

post #50221 of 65401
Quote:
Originally Posted by eNPHAN View Post

lol @ save up 6 months salary...

Spoken like a boy who still lives off his parents.

:rollin 

 

 

 

putin out here winning...he got trump denying everything for him. 

crazy

barca.
Reply
barca.
Reply
post #50222 of 65401
"Very unfair!"

laugh.gifroll.gif
HATE THE PEOPLE, LOVE THE CULTURE
Reply
HATE THE PEOPLE, LOVE THE CULTURE
Reply
post #50223 of 65401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike Jordan View Post

My favorite Obama conspiracy was when people thought he was in the "Whoomp, there it is!" music video. laugh.gif

giphy.gif

Don't sleep on Barry O! roll.gif
post #50224 of 65401
Quote:
Originally Posted by eNPHAN View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico x Hood View Post

That's fine. My parents however, do not support me. I live on my own and pay my way. I've detailed many times my upbringing. I'm just a regular dude born poor and saw how hard work, tenacity, and family support put my family in the upper middle class of in one of the richest counties in the country. They're now divorced and are still able to maintain their lifestyles. I emulate and encourage others to do the same because it is possible. But seeing that you're just a troll I will ignore you.

roll.gif

whatever you say bro

only way you saving up 6 months salary for medical bills is if your daddy is paying your rent

but keep your head up, blood.

Maybe you should worry about your own bread if you don't have at least $10K to fall back on. What he's saying is not farfetched, at all, for an adult. You telling him his daddy must be paying his rent just makes you look salty.
post #50225 of 65401
Wait, you guys think 6 months salary is enough to cover serious medical bills?

Do you know how much a one night stay at a hospital costs?
post #50226 of 65401
You guys haven't spent time in the hospital lately, and I hope you don't. The accommodation, doctors, teams, procedures, equipment, medicine, lost wages from recovery, etc, etc. Seriously unless you've been through it, that isn't something you should address with a condescending tone.
post #50227 of 65401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Antony View Post

You guys haven't spent time in the hospital lately, and I hope you don't. The accommodation, doctors, teams, procedures, equipment, medicine, lost wages from recovery, etc, etc. Seriously unless you've been through it, that isn't something you should address with a condescending tone.

Exactly why you should have at least $10k saved up. I'm not the one who was being condescending towards a smart practice. Just pointing out the guy who said that to Rico sounds stupid.
post #50228 of 65401
I didn't know Buzzfeed was supposed to be considered to be taken serious as a news source laugh.gif
PSN: StarCityPA

Programming Languages: HTML/CSS, Bootstrap, JavaScript, JQuery
Reply
PSN: StarCityPA

Programming Languages: HTML/CSS, Bootstrap, JavaScript, JQuery
Reply
post #50229 of 65401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dathbgboy View Post

I didn't know Buzzfeed was supposed to be considered to be taken serious as a news source laugh.gif

Yea, buzz feed is the only news source with this information, not CNN, or even the Intelligence officials that briefed the President and President elect.

I guess Russia is a good source to you.
post #50230 of 65401
All of this is just one giant cluster**** and honestly idc lol

Trump will be president and the only thing that would make me interested in any type of new news would be an impeachment or something like that.

He said she said is all up for argument on either side but the one true fact as of now is that he will be sworn in as the next president
"There isn't much that I feel I need..... a solid soul, and the blood i bleed."
Reply
"There isn't much that I feel I need..... a solid soul, and the blood i bleed."
Reply
post #50231 of 65401
Quote:
Originally Posted by cguy610 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dathbgboy View Post

I didn't know Buzzfeed was supposed to be considered to be taken serious as a news source laugh.gif

Yea, buzz feed is the only news source with this information, not CNN, or even the Intelligence officials that briefed the President and President elect.

I guess Russia is a good source to you.

And where did you get that idea? laugh.gif
PSN: StarCityPA

Programming Languages: HTML/CSS, Bootstrap, JavaScript, JQuery
Reply
PSN: StarCityPA

Programming Languages: HTML/CSS, Bootstrap, JavaScript, JQuery
Reply
post #50232 of 65401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennessy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNPHAN View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico x Hood View Post

That's fine. My parents however, do not support me. I live on my own and pay my way. I've detailed many times my upbringing. I'm just a regular dude born poor and saw how hard work, tenacity, and family support put my family in the upper middle class of in one of the richest counties in the country. They're now divorced and are still able to maintain their lifestyles. I emulate and encourage others to do the same because it is possible. But seeing that you're just a troll I will ignore you.

roll.gif

whatever you say bro

only way you saving up 6 months salary for medical bills is if your daddy is paying your rent

but keep your head up, blood.

Maybe you should worry about your own bread if you don't have at least $10K to fall back on. What he's saying is not farfetched, at all, for an adult. You telling him his daddy must be paying his rent just makes you look salty.

Do you know this whole argument started because we were saying that some people DON"T have health insurance so we need a system to takecare of everyone, and Rico's answer to that was to save 6 months salary in case they get cancer. He used his dad as an example.

When I called him out on this example, he admitted his dad has health insurance through his Federal government job (so chances are it is great insurance). He was just deflecting with a nonsense example.

Also Rico is in favor of repealing Obamacare making it almost impossible for regular people to even by a private plan, and if you're diagnosed with cancer, no one is covering you.

-As far as rent. I Rico lives in a one bedroom apartment in Northern Virginia. He is prideful in this, which is cool. He used to insult me and my family by saying that we needed handouts, and because I moved out of Southern Maryland, I must have been priced out of the area.

He also wants to cut social programs (food stamps, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.) , because the thing he looks for first and foremost in a national politician is who will cut his taxes. Damb everyone esle

So before you defend Rico, just know the kinda of person he has been, and the nonsense he has spewed.

This is what kicked this off, and why people are coming at him. Because he uses ridiculous anecdotal evidence to deflect serious questions.
post #50233 of 65401
yup that was my understanding. saving 6 months salary was in the context of an argument that we don't need Obama care. even if we grant him that he's talking about having health insurance pre-Obama care, 6 months salary is not enough for a chronic or preexisting condition. it's fine, I think he meant well and hopefully he stays healthy and never has to find out how wrong he was.

as for the Trump leak (see the pun), what we don't know is if the BuzzFeed story is the same as the one that the intelligence community took seriously enough to share with Obama, Trump, and others. what we do know is that they do have a document that does implicate shady dealings between Trump and Russia.

which is not a surprise. we've had many signs pointing towards this narrative. we all knew there was something sketchy going on. whether the piss story is true or not doesn't ultimately matter. we already know we have a compromised president-elect and people with much better info and expertise than us are taking it seriously.
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin - 23ska909red02 - KingLouisXIV - DS 530s Finest - sir hendrix - Rexanglorum - Kiddin Like Jason
Reply
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin - 23ska909red02 - KingLouisXIV - DS 530s Finest - sir hendrix - Rexanglorum - Kiddin Like Jason
Reply
post #50234 of 65401
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford View Post

Do you know this whole argument started because we were saying that some people DON"T have health insurance so we need a system to takecare of everyone, and Rico's answer to that was to save 6 months salary in case they get cancer. He used his dad as an example.

When I called him out on this example, he admitted his dad has health insurance through his Federal government job (so chances are it is great insurance). He was just deflecting with a nonsense example.

I don't know how I missed this. There's really nothing wrong with Rico is suggesting, but when you see the bigger picture, the smug moral high ground he takes after learning this is laughable. It's always these type of people that don't really think critically about their own situation, but yet want to pass judgement on others. "I was on food stamps, and nobody helped me" type steez.
post #50235 of 65401
I posted a Guardian story with the same info too.

Rico takes issue with sources rather than the content all the time.

And I posted a detailed list of news sources and magazines people can read from all over the political spectrum. Criticizing someone for Buzzfeed than championing Drudge is ridiculous imo.

Team Jordan's 4chan link says more about him than anything else. He stopped reading NYT and Washington Post because they were harsh on Trump, but 4chan is a good source. laugh.gif . With all those white supremacist clowns running around.

But he will want to act like everyone else lives in a bubble. I just have a feeling that his lack of posting is the only things that keeps him from getting nuked like Blco, Titanium, and all the rest.
post #50236 of 65401
Considering 4chan a credible source seriously warrants a block.
post #50237 of 65401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Antony View Post

Considering 4chan a credible source seriously warrants a block.

Dude been blocked laugh.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford View Post

I posted a Guardian story with the same info too.

I just have a feeling that his lack of posting is the only things that keeps him from getting nuked like Blco, Titanium, and all the rest.

Agreed. He would be lurking or dusting off that backup SN just like the rest of the SWS before him.
HATE THE PEOPLE, LOVE THE CULTURE
Reply
HATE THE PEOPLE, LOVE THE CULTURE
Reply
post #50238 of 65401
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford View Post

I posted a Guardian story with the same info too.

Rico takes issue with sources rather than the content all the time.

And I posted a detailed list of news sources and magazines people can read from all over the political spectrum. Criticizing someone for Buzzfeed than championing Drudge is ridiculous imo.

Team Jordan's 4chan link says more about him than anything else. He stopped reading NYT and Washington Post because they were harsh on Trump, but 4chan is a good source. laugh.gif . With all those white supremacist clowns running around.

But he will want to act like everyone else lives in a bubble. I just have a feeling that his lack of posting is the only things that keeps him from getting nuked like Blco, Titanium, and all the rest.

@TeamJordan79 is very careful and subtle about how he goes about his. Look closely at his posts....and it's clear he falls right in line with those guys.

It always interesting to watch their descent from fake independents, to full blown right wing Trump surrogates. Dude came into this thread on some, "I'm struggling on who to vote for".

Now, he's a trump disciple laugh.gif.

He posted a 4chan link. You know he frequents breitbart and that Donald Reddit.
Ravens, O's, Nuggets, Jazz
Reply
Ravens, O's, Nuggets, Jazz
Reply
post #50239 of 65401
Quote:
Originally Posted by rillo561 View Post


Yo, same here laugh.gif

In light of the current news

Howling :rollin:rollin:rollin

post #50240 of 65401

 

:lol

 

The irony.. Let's see, we're about to have a president with a long and well-documented history of racism. Whose cabinet will be full of KKK sympathizers, Islamophobes, anti-semites, anti-gay bigots... I'm going to say we're living in... 1980s New Zealand?

post #50241 of 65401

Watching this D**k Tillerson confirmation hearing at work. Man, they better grill his ***!!

post #50242 of 65401

post #50243 of 65401

I find Buzzfeed questionable at times, particularly this new story, but that doesn't necessarily mean everything they do should be completely disregarded. I think scrutiny is warranted in cases like this but not everything they publish is unverified/questionable. So a buzzfeed article shouldn't be automatically dismissed without thorough examination of the content.

But in those cases where the content is verifiable, other media outlets generally also report on the same thing with a much better approach.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulwest1985 View Post
 

Watching this D**k Tillerson confirmation hearing at work. Man, they better grill his ***!!

Thanks for reminding me, gonna let that play in the background while I'm working/playing xbox

Also @Rico x Hood, Marco Rubio is next in line to question Tillerson in the confirmation hearing

post #50244 of 65401
Quote:
Originally Posted by cguy610 View Post

Seriously...If Russia said it, it's true.

roll.gif

The Manchurian prez probably thinks: "To hell with what all my intelligence chiefs say,Russia would never lead a fellow ally astray..."
post #50245 of 65401
Birther cries about "fake news and accusations"

laugh.gif
post #50246 of 65401
Quote:
Originally Posted by rillo561 View Post

Birther cries about "fake news and accusations"

laugh.gif

The irony is delicious laugh.gif
post #50247 of 65401
post #50248 of 65401

Rubio hitting him with some good questions

post #50249 of 65401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colombia View Post
 

Rubio hitting him with some good questions

I'm impressed. Rubio came out swinging. 

post #50250 of 65401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulwest1985 View Post
 

I'm impressed. Rubio came out swinging. 

Agreed. Quite impressed with his barrage of hardball questions.

Edit: He just grilled this fool with the is putin a war criminal question :smokin

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › ***Official Political Discussion Thread***