NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › ***Official Political Discussion Thread***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***Official Political Discussion Thread*** - Page 1682

post #50431 of 70542
Thread Starter 
The ****? I been saying it for years.

Mad of posts ended with

"And I can't help the poor if one of them
So I got rich and gave back
To me that's the win/win"

Rusty can attest to this. We've battled over this **** going on 4 years.
post #50432 of 70542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico x Hood View Post

.

Businesses and people are the same to me. If you fail you fail. Plain and simple. I walk passed homeless people in DC and don't blink. I've said before, I'm not about others at this point in my life. I'm trying to put myself in a position later on to be philanthropic.
What a bunch of ********. You are so delusional bro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico x Hood View Post

Yes it does. As an adult and as a man that should be what you provide for you and your family if you have one. And if you can't then you're a failure. Plain and simple. I don't have kids because I can't afford them. I don't take vacations because I can't afford to. What the hell is up with you liberals and personal responsibility? I could move to Woodbridge and probably save $400 in rent. But I don't because Alexandria City is where I need to be. Networking opportunities are endless. That extra rent is an investment in my future. That's my line of thinking.
Completely pointless post and moving the goalposts. Again being delusional
PSN: imthebipolarbear / XBL: zBiPolarBear
 
 
Reply
PSN: imthebipolarbear / XBL: zBiPolarBear
 
 
Reply
post #50433 of 70542
And what of those people who have worked hard but are unable to get health insurance on their own b/c of living paycheck to paycheck? To hell with them right? They aren't meant to have it?
TEAM LAKERS | FLORIDA GATORS | LA RAMS | LAS VEGAS RAIDERS
PSN: B1ackMambaK1ng | XBL: Gator Boy 24
DS KD VI Christmas Size 14 $120 shipped for Sale
DS LeBron 11 2K14 Size 15 $300 shipped for Sale
D...
Reply
TEAM LAKERS | FLORIDA GATORS | LA RAMS | LAS VEGAS RAIDERS
PSN: B1ackMambaK1ng | XBL: Gator Boy 24
DS KD VI Christmas Size 14 $120 shipped for Sale
DS LeBron 11 2K14 Size 15 $300 shipped for Sale
D...
Reply
post #50434 of 70542

Now, these are the types of conversations that I've heard over and over that we need to have. That we have to listen, and be willing to accept when your partner in debate makes a good point...

 

...but what does one do here, where there is no common ground, and Rico is unwilling to even speak directly about the topic of discussion. What do we do when the person we're exchanging ideas with is either unwilling or incapable of giving the necessary ground it takes to have a productive conversation.

post #50435 of 70542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico x Hood View Post

The ****? I been saying it for years.

Mad of posts ended with

"And I can't help the poor if one of them
So I got rich and gave back
To me that's the win/win"

Rusty can attest to this. We've battled over this **** going on 4 years.

You just spent a page explaining why not everyone is entitled to the standards of living we all expect for ourselves. How will you decided who is and who isn't worthy of your philanthropy?

post #50436 of 70542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico x Hood View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiengambino View Post

So your argument for less government is that everyone is not meant to be successful? roll.gif

It would make sense if you said businesses feel like too many regulations hamstring their profit margin, but to say that we should have less government because not everyone is meant to have a support is just pure lolz.
.

Businesses and people are the same to me. If you fail you fail. Plain and simple. I walk passed homeless people in DC and don't blink. I've said before, I'm not about others at this point in my life. I'm trying to put myself in a position later on to be philanthropic.

We are talking about civics and governing people, not about how you feel about homeless people.
The role of every government in the world is to limit crime, provide some type of support to its citizens, and encourage a good economy. For the government to ignore the problem of poverty would just encourage more failures in our country.
All you have really said is your own personal ideology.
LA Dodgers,Anaheim Ducks, LA Galaxy, LA Lakers, Carolina Panthers smokin.gif

Follow me on Twitter @therantingazn
Reply
LA Dodgers,Anaheim Ducks, LA Galaxy, LA Lakers, Carolina Panthers smokin.gif

Follow me on Twitter @therantingazn
Reply
post #50437 of 70542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico x Hood View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford View Post

But his dad would be screwed, his dad had a cancer, that is a preexisting condition. No one would insure Papa Rico in a pre-Obamacare world.

Thanks for taking my father's cancer in jest. If Trump were to repeal obamacare for federal employees my parents would still be fine. They'd get it somewhere else. They made decisions to put themselves in positions to do so with little to no harm to their wallets.

No one is taking your dad's cancer in jest, miss me with that ******** guilt trip.

I am trying to say it would be a serious issue, one that could hit home for you.

And most Federal employee don't get their coverage because of the ACA. My god, do you know anything about this law you hate so much.

I siad if the federal government stop giving its employee health coverage, their is no ACA, and no employer tax breaks, prices would skyrocket and your father specially would not be able to GET COVERAGE AT ALL because of his cancer.

If you want to run your mouth on a subject, learn about it first. Oh, but I guess you didn't know that the government subsidies YOUR insurance too, that right, big government is helping your *** get covered for cheap too.
post #50438 of 70542

Getting a genesis in 2000. Yeah that's real rough. Good thing you're no longer in such a depressing situation.

BROOKLYN BORN

BRONX RAISED

HARLEM EDUCATED

 

"Blue and orange everything, clearly what I'm repping

and the pressure that come with it like I'm wearing number 7"

Reply

BROOKLYN BORN

BRONX RAISED

HARLEM EDUCATED

 

"Blue and orange everything, clearly what I'm repping

and the pressure that come with it like I'm wearing number 7"

Reply
post #50439 of 70542
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by seandon23 View Post

What a bunch of ********. You are so delusional bro
Completely pointless post and moving the goalposts. Again being delusional

What was ********?? The fact I spoke openly about my thought process?

And how was I moving goal posts? I simply stated that I am not my parents I too am working on flourishing. And in my position democrats would probably help me out but I don't want it.
post #50440 of 70542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico x Hood View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZwildcats View Post

Poor you, not getting the newer game console must've really sucked for you.

When your a kid that's how you feel. But as an adult I understand the lessons they were teaching me. You came at me in the Smart Watch thread about buying a $20 smart watch. Maybe now you'll understand.

"$20 smart watch won't give you an accurate representation of what a smart watch is capable of. That being said, I dont find them to be that useful. We got our phones on us all day anyway, why carry another device that serves the same purpose but does it worse?"

 

This is what you call coming at you for buying a $20 watch? 

CHELSEA F.C.
PHOENIX SUNS
ARIZONA WILDCATS
TENNESSEE TITANS
Reply
CHELSEA F.C.
PHOENIX SUNS
ARIZONA WILDCATS
TENNESSEE TITANS
Reply
post #50441 of 70542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico x Hood View Post

The ****? I been saying it for years.

Mad of posts ended with

"And I can't help the poor if one of them
So I got rich and gave back
To me that's the win/win"

Rusty can attest to this. We've battled over this **** going on 4 years.

You have taken issue with nearly everything I have said over 4 years

Remember we first fell out because you said I was too liberal I your were afraid I pollute the minds of people that read my post, so you attack and antagonize me on purpose to balance things out. We made peace a couple times and every time it was broken by you insulting me.

Rico stop, you don't have this harmless philosophy. You have a short sighted view on the world, and insult and attack liberals because you think it is your right privilege

When people clap back, you cry and play victim
post #50442 of 70542
Praying for Rico. His rationale is down right cringe and asinine. mean.gif
post #50443 of 70542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico x Hood View Post

What was ********?? The fact I spoke openly about my thought process?

And how was I moving goal posts? I simply stated that I am not my parents I too am working on flourishing. And in my position democrats would probably help me out but I don't want it.

You strike me as the type who'd gladly like republicans to roll back your civil rights and make life harder for you.

Uncle Reachin Rico Ruckus
Ravens, O's, Nuggets, Jazz
Reply
Ravens, O's, Nuggets, Jazz
Reply
post #50444 of 70542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Based Jesus View Post

Getting a genesis in 2000. Yeah that's real rough. Good thing you're no longer in such a depressing situation.

Word is the only next gen console dude got is an Ouya. Things still rough famb
post #50445 of 70542
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford View Post

No one is taking your dad's cancer in jest, miss me with that ******** guilt trip.

I am trying to say it would be a serious issue, one that could hit home for you.

And most Federal employee don't get their coverage because of the ACA. My god, do you know anything about this law you hate so much.

I siad if the federal government stop giving its employee health coverage, their is no ACA, and no employer tax breaks, prices would skyrocket and your father specially would not be able to GET COVERAGE AT ALL because of his cancer.

If you want to run your mouth on a subject, learn about it first. Oh, but I guess you didn't know that the government subsidies YOUR insurance too, that right, big government is helping your *** get covered for cheap too.

Don't talk down to me. There is no cancer anymore. And what you're purposing is a hypothetical.I don't know what my father's full finances look like. But I don't recall it passing causing any huge stir in our household. It was business as usual.
post #50446 of 70542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico x Hood View Post

The ****? I been saying it for years.

Mad of posts ended with

"And I can't help the poor if one of them
So I got rich and gave back
To me that's the win/win"

Rusty can attest to this. We've battled over this **** going on 4 years.

The statement in itself is fine

It becomes comical when we consider that it's coming from someone who is so immensely proud of their own selfishness
Break your back. Make you humble.
Reply
Break your back. Make you humble.
Reply
post #50447 of 70542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico x Hood View Post


What was ********?? The fact I spoke openly about my thought process?

And how was I moving goal posts? I simply stated that I am not my parents I too am working on flourishing. And in my position democrats would probably help me out but I don't want it.


again delusion. id like to hear how you explain this 

PSN: imthebipolarbear / XBL: zBiPolarBear
 
 
Reply
PSN: imthebipolarbear / XBL: zBiPolarBear
 
 
Reply
post #50448 of 70542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico x Hood View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford View Post

No one is taking your dad's cancer in jest, miss me with that ******** guilt trip.

I am trying to say it would be a serious issue, one that could hit home for you.

And most Federal employee don't get their coverage because of the ACA. My god, do you know anything about this law you hate so much.

I siad if the federal government stop giving its employee health coverage, their is no ACA, and no employer tax breaks, prices would skyrocket and your father specially would not be able to GET COVERAGE AT ALL because of his cancer.

If you want to run your mouth on a subject, learn about it first. Oh, but I guess you didn't know that the government subsidies YOUR insurance too, that right, big government is helping your *** get covered for cheap too.

Don't talk down to me. There is no cancer anymore. And what you're purposing is a hypothetical.I don't know what my father's full finances look like. But I don't recall it passing causing any huge stir in our household. It was business as usual.

You're more interesting in your childish deflection than addressing the point.

Classic deflecting Rico
post #50449 of 70542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico x Hood View Post

What was ********?? The fact I spoke openly about my thought process?

And how was I moving goal posts? I simply stated that I am not my parents I too am working on flourishing. And in my position democrats would probably help me out but I don't want it.

Your pop's Govt gig won't be "flourishing" any longer under Trump.

Hiring freezes
End to automatic raises
Green light to fire poor performers
Ban on union business
Less generous pensions

Oh and don't forget GOP just revived the Holman rule.
Quote:
gives any lawmaker the power to offer amendments to appropriations bills that could, legislatively, fire any federal employee or cut their pay down to $1 dollar, if the lawmaker so chooses.
post #50450 of 70542
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WavyCrocket View Post

You strike me as the type who'd gladly like republicans to roll back your civil rights and make life harder for you.

Uncle Reachin Rico Ruckus

No. I just believe people make their own decisions. That's all. And the Sega Genesis was an example of my parents thinking ahead and instilling values in me. We were still poor but they did that for me. And I still have that console. Tear it apart and skew it if you want but I know you all understand.
post #50451 of 70542
Quote:
Originally Posted by seandon23 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico x Hood View Post

What was ********?? The fact I spoke openly about my thought process?


And how was I moving goal posts? I simply stated that I am not my parents I too am working on flourishing. And in my position democrats would probably help me out but I don't want it.


again delusion. id like to hear how you explain this 

Claims to be selfish, yet doesn't vote the party that would help him the most because...................reasons

Dude is so full of it
post #50452 of 70542

i think the problem with Rico's line of thought is that it is just narrow-minded and lacking to see the big picture. he cant seem to think past only thinking about himself and using his anecdotal experience as a justification on how other people should live their lives without looking at the complex nature of other people's socio-economic situations 

PSN: imthebipolarbear / XBL: zBiPolarBear
 
 
Reply
PSN: imthebipolarbear / XBL: zBiPolarBear
 
 
Reply
post #50453 of 70542
A $20 smart watch? laugh.gif

I find this whole line of reasoning (that you need to earn your success and thus the government shouldn't play the role of helping people out) as completely disingenuous and ignorant.

If you can't first admit that the government plays a role in helping out society, then you shouldn't even be in a politics thread. Look up the social contract then come back here.

We can discuss what is the most effective use of government funds, but when you're here trying to peddle a philosophical argument that people should be responsible for their own success it's really hard to go anywhere constructive with that.
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin - 23ska909red02 - KingLouisXIV - DS 530s Finest - sir hendrix - Rexanglorum - Kiddin Like Jason
Reply
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin - 23ska909red02 - KingLouisXIV - DS 530s Finest - sir hendrix - Rexanglorum - Kiddin Like Jason
Reply
post #50454 of 70542
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford View Post


Claims to be selfish, yet doesn't vote the party that would help him the most because...................reasons

Dude is so full of it


exactly. he wants to feel like he "earned" something and wants to prove something to himself at the cost of screwing over tons of other people. again the delusion 

PSN: imthebipolarbear / XBL: zBiPolarBear
 
 
Reply
PSN: imthebipolarbear / XBL: zBiPolarBear
 
 
Reply
post #50455 of 70542
I still haven't heard a good answer to why government deregulation will lead to less poverty and less problems.

Still waiting....
LA Dodgers,Anaheim Ducks, LA Galaxy, LA Lakers, Carolina Panthers smokin.gif

Follow me on Twitter @therantingazn
Reply
LA Dodgers,Anaheim Ducks, LA Galaxy, LA Lakers, Carolina Panthers smokin.gif

Follow me on Twitter @therantingazn
Reply
post #50456 of 70542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico x Hood View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by WavyCrocket View Post

You strike me as the type who'd gladly like republicans to roll back your civil rights and make life harder for you.

Uncle Reachin Rico Ruckus

No. I just believe people make their own decisions. That's all. And the Sega Genesis was an example of my parents thinking ahead and instilling values in me. We were still poor but they did that for me. And I still have that console. Tear it apart and skew it if you want but I know you all understand.
What would've been more frugal would be not buying a gaming console.

Some families grow up without TVs. They also tend to be rich.

Sorry but if your family was struggling so bad that they couldn't afford an N64 in 2000 so instead went with a Sega, they probably weren't in a position to buy either.

They should've bought you some books instead.
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin - 23ska909red02 - KingLouisXIV - DS 530s Finest - sir hendrix - Rexanglorum - Kiddin Like Jason
Reply
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin - 23ska909red02 - KingLouisXIV - DS 530s Finest - sir hendrix - Rexanglorum - Kiddin Like Jason
Reply
post #50457 of 70542
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford View Post

Claims to be selfish, yet doesn't vote the party that would help him the most because...................reasons

Dude is so full of it

Because they'd give my money to others. Plain and simple. And also people appreciate things they buy themselves then what's given.
post #50458 of 70542
Quote:
Originally Posted by seandon23 View Post

i think the problem with Rico's line of thought is that it is just narrow-minded and lacking to see the big picture. he cant seem to think past only thinking about himself and using his anecdotal experience as a justification on how other people should live their lives without looking at the complex nature of other people's socio-economic situations 
He wants to justify being able to walk by homeless people on the streets and not feel guilty about it.

Which is fine. Just own up to it at least.
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin - 23ska909red02 - KingLouisXIV - DS 530s Finest - sir hendrix - Rexanglorum - Kiddin Like Jason
Reply
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin - 23ska909red02 - KingLouisXIV - DS 530s Finest - sir hendrix - Rexanglorum - Kiddin Like Jason
Reply
post #50459 of 70542
Quote:
Originally Posted by whywesteppin View Post


He wants to justify being able to walk by homeless people on the streets and not feel guilty about it.

Which is fine. Just own up to it at least.


thats why he supports a party that doesnt care about him. Delusional Rico

PSN: imthebipolarbear / XBL: zBiPolarBear
 
 
Reply
PSN: imthebipolarbear / XBL: zBiPolarBear
 
 
Reply
post #50460 of 70542
Didn't N64 and PS1 come out in like 95?

I'm sure they were highly discounted by 2000
Break your back. Make you humble.
Reply
Break your back. Make you humble.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › ***Official Political Discussion Thread***