NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Kicks › Nike › OFFICIAL LEBRON X+ NIKE ID THREAD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OFFICIAL LEBRON X+ NIKE ID THREAD - Page 3

post #61 of 8170
HWC eek.gif
YANKEES | JETS | KNICKS | RANGERS | ORANGE
Reply
YANKEES | JETS | KNICKS | RANGERS | ORANGE
Reply
post #62 of 8170
I hope you can do something along the lines of the KD IV with the reflective camo, anodized, and matte.
"It is not enough to succeed, others must fail."

Size 12 For Sale:
DS Grape V
DS Thunder IV
Reply
"It is not enough to succeed, others must fail."

Size 12 For Sale:
DS Grape V
DS Thunder IV
Reply
post #63 of 8170
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeruWhite View Post

Would be pretty cool if Nike gave the option to ID every official colorway that gets released after release date at the ID pricing. Nike sells out on the initial production stock at retail price, Nike gets the money that would've went to the aftermarket on ID pairs for the people that struck out on release day, and Resellers cease to exist. Interesting...

I think Nike purposely doesn't allow you to do so. I.e. the two different versions of the 9s and their differences instead of having one version that allowed you to choose the foam or the weave.
"It is not enough to succeed, others must fail."

Size 12 For Sale:
DS Grape V
DS Thunder IV
Reply
"It is not enough to succeed, others must fail."

Size 12 For Sale:
DS Grape V
DS Thunder IV
Reply
post #64 of 8170
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeruWhite View Post

Would be pretty cool if Nike gave the option to ID every official colorway that gets released after release date at the ID pricing. Nike sells out on the initial production stock at retail price, Nike gets the money that would've went to the aftermarket on ID pairs for the people that struck out on release day, and Resellers cease to exist. Interesting...

I think that would be an excellent idea! Considering you could build Crown Jewels for $315 rather than buy resell for $800
post #65 of 8170
Do the IDs drop at 12pm EST tomorrow night? Or do we know the time yet?
nthat.gif
Follow my kicks rotation on Instagram
Reply
nthat.gif
Follow my kicks rotation on Instagram
Reply
post #66 of 8170
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntobject50 View Post

I think Nike purposely doesn't allow you to do so. I.e. the two different versions of the 9s and their differences instead of having one version that allowed you to choose the foam or the weave.


I'm sure Nike must have a reason for not giving these kinda options. But I honestly don't see not ONE downfall or negative to doing this. Nike would be raking in the money. There would literally be damn near no aftermarket anymore. They could release the official color than a month later give the option to ID that exact same shoe for a limited time, maybe a month or two, then stop. Where is the bad at for Nike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktown83 View Post

I think that would be an excellent idea! Considering you could build Crown Jewels for $315 rather than buy resell for $800


EXACTLY!!! You miss the first wave at $270+tax, no worries just ID it in a month for $315 or $335+tax from Nike instead of paying a reseller $800. EVERYBODY (except resellers) wins, please someone tell me where the bad would be. You'd still get the high demand and release day frenzy because people still want to buy the cheaper retail release day price so the demand isn't hurt. And Nike gets all the money from those willing to drop $800 on the aftermarket shoe with ID's.
post #67 of 8170
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeruWhite View Post

I'm sure Nike must have a reason for not giving these kinda options. But I honestly don't see not ONE downfall or negative to doing this. Nike would be raking in the money. There would literally be damn near no aftermarket anymore. They could release the official color than a month later give the option to ID that exact same shoe for a limited time, maybe a month or two, then stop. Where is the bad at for Nike?
EXACTLY!!! You miss the first wave at $270+tax, no worries just ID it in a month for $315 or $335+tax from Nike instead of paying a reseller $800. EVERYBODY (except resellers) wins, please someone tell me where the bad would be. You'd still get the high demand and release day frenzy because people still want to buy the cheaper retail release day price so the demand isn't hurt. And Nike gets all the money from those willing to drop $800 on the aftermarket shoe with ID's.

I never said there was any bad but it would be nice to be able to ID a pair I missed out on.
"It is not enough to succeed, others must fail."

Size 12 For Sale:
DS Grape V
DS Thunder IV
Reply
"It is not enough to succeed, others must fail."

Size 12 For Sale:
DS Grape V
DS Thunder IV
Reply
post #68 of 8170
It is a good idea.
[SIZE]3[/SIZE]
WANTED!!!... DS USA Lebron X sz 11
Reply
[SIZE]3[/SIZE]
WANTED!!!... DS USA Lebron X sz 11
Reply
post #69 of 8170
Will create some Dolphin IDs...

[ THE KLIQ ]
PSN: Raadius | Twitter: @iRaad_ | Instagram: Raadius
Reply
[ THE KLIQ ]
PSN: Raadius | Twitter: @iRaad_ | Instagram: Raadius
Reply
post #70 of 8170
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntobject50 View Post

I never said there was any bad but it would be nice to be able to ID a pair I missed out on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andfattoo View Post

It is a good idea.


I KNOW RIGHT! Nike would become its own kinda decent priced reseller... laugh.gif
post #71 of 8170
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeruWhite View Post

Would be pretty cool if Nike gave the option to ID every official colorway that gets released after release date at the ID pricing. Nike sells out on the initial production stock at retail price, Nike gets the money that would've went to the aftermarket on ID pairs for the people that struck out on release day, and Resellers cease to exist. Interesting...

 

This sounds like a really good idea, I'm on board.  If only Nike would be too though.

post #72 of 8170
I really hope they offer a silver upper.
"It is not enough to succeed, others must fail."

Size 12 For Sale:
DS Grape V
DS Thunder IV
Reply
"It is not enough to succeed, others must fail."

Size 12 For Sale:
DS Grape V
DS Thunder IV
Reply
post #73 of 8170
I was wondering I the ID's had the option for a clear sole, but after looking at the sample pics that released it looks like the dynamic flywire is the same color as your sole. So I guess not.. For now.
post #74 of 8170

I personally feel they should not add colors or make schemes possible to fully mimic releases. Maybe something close to the release, but not fully.

 

I too have missed plenty releases and hate the resellers for what they do, but end of the day I cannot blame them, because we would all do the same if we were in the position. I believe the rarity/difficultness adds to the whole culture at times. The same as with other collectibles around. I do believe for actual sneakerheads the game is beyond crowded with hypebeast/wholesellers.

post #75 of 8170
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kermitthefloer View Post

I personally feel they should not add colors or make schemes possible to fully mimic releases. Maybe something close to the release, but not fully.

I too have missed plenty releases and hate the resellers for what they do, but end of the day I cannot blame them, because we would all do the same if we were in the position. I believe the rarity/difficultness adds to the whole culture at times. The same as with other collectibles around. I do believe for actual sneakerheads the game is beyond crowded with hypebeast/wholesellers.


So you don't blame them and don't want what they do to be taken away from them because you'd do it too...but you hate them....ummmmm, what? laugh.gif
post #76 of 8170
I like the idea too. There wouldn't be a dent in Nike's retro market, nor would Nike have to worry about overexposing, and thus detracting from the appeal of certain "exclusive" colorways, if they set up a windowing system. I'm thinking something like movie releases--drop the shoe, wait a few months, put the options to make the shoe on Nike ID for a month or less, take those options down from Nike ID for good, then retro the shoe in 10 or so years.

Resellers would largely be eliminated, and Nike would pocket the money they're currently leaving on the table for resellers, eBay, Paypal, and the post office. Shareholders would be happy.

Eliminating resellers wouldn't be a cost for Nike. Resellers add nothing to the culture, and in many instances are not even a part of the culture. Oftentimes, they're simply opportunists who take advantage of Nike's less-than-profit-maximizing business model, angering and taking money from Nike's true target consumers--those most passionate about sneakers. I see why Nike might be hesitant to potentially take some of the "glow" away from their limited releases that they just love getting in the news for, but under a windowing system where Nike ID's continue to be priced at a premium, thoroughly pimping out Nike ID just makes business sense given this godforsaken aftermarket that currently exists.
post #77 of 8170


For a Dummy you make a lot of sense
"I might crash ya internet..."
Follow me: @YouBigDummy
Reply
For a Dummy you make a lot of sense
"I might crash ya internet..."
Follow me: @YouBigDummy
Reply
post #78 of 8170
i hope the reds are just ids...

and i hope that i can do a mcfly inspired pair as well.
Edited by rawdawg34 - 10/8/12 at 2:40am
IG davian34

LBJ to LAC in 2014!
Reply
IG davian34

LBJ to LAC in 2014!
Reply
post #79 of 8170
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartBoost View Post

Will create some Dolphin IDs...

Was thinking the same thing, also i wanna do a South Beach CW ...of course happy.gif
References: BLEONARD18, HOOPSBOY7, JOHNNY BOY, MEMPHISSFINEST, SNEAKERPIMP2K8
Reply
References: BLEONARD18, HOOPSBOY7, JOHNNY BOY, MEMPHISSFINEST, SNEAKERPIMP2K8
Reply
post #80 of 8170
Those reds are below ugly.
I'm looking forward to id'ing a pair of X's since I was unable to purchase gold medals and refuse to pay $450 for my size.
Nike got a strong following and I'm part of the problem
Miami Heat
Philadelphia Eagles
Reply
Nike got a strong following and I'm part of the problem
Miami Heat
Philadelphia Eagles
Reply
post #81 of 8170

Altho these will be nice.. I will be looking forward to the Hyperposite ID even more...

post #82 of 8170
Cant wait to see all the color options!
I need these in a sz 10 or 10.5
Tiffany SB - Galaxy Zoom Rookie - Galaxy Foamposite - 2012 Supreme dunk low - TMac 3 Allstar Colorway - Lebron 7 SVSM - Stash 95 - Lebron 9 SVSM
Reply
I need these in a sz 10 or 10.5
Tiffany SB - Galaxy Zoom Rookie - Galaxy Foamposite - 2012 Supreme dunk low - TMac 3 Allstar Colorway - Lebron 7 SVSM - Stash 95 - Lebron 9 SVSM
Reply
post #83 of 8170
NikeID just tweeted that you will be able to do the SB IDs in non-plus version...

ScreenShot2012-10-08at22225PM.png
nthat.gif
Follow my kicks rotation on Instagram
Reply
nthat.gif
Follow my kicks rotation on Instagram
Reply
post #84 of 8170
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeDealer View Post

Altho these will be nice.. I will be looking forward to the Hyperposite ID even more...
Rock......... dont play like that.
[SIZE]3[/SIZE]
WANTED!!!... DS USA Lebron X sz 11
Reply
[SIZE]3[/SIZE]
WANTED!!!... DS USA Lebron X sz 11
Reply
post #85 of 8170
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeDealer View Post

Altho these will be nice.. I will be looking forward to the Hyperposite ID even more...

AH man I really like the hyperposites for hooping. Wouldn't mind iding a pair of those. But the retail on those is 225. hmmm
"It is not enough to succeed, others must fail."

Size 12 For Sale:
DS Grape V
DS Thunder IV
Reply
"It is not enough to succeed, others must fail."

Size 12 For Sale:
DS Grape V
DS Thunder IV
Reply
post #86 of 8170
I'll wait til some of you guys receive your SB ID's before I make my own, just to make sure they look good laugh.gif
TEAM MIAMI
Reply
TEAM MIAMI
Reply
post #87 of 8170
Quote:
Originally Posted by andfattoo View Post

Rock......... dont play like that.
For sale:
  
Reply
For sale:
  
Reply
post #88 of 8170
Quote:
Originally Posted by melofan15 View Post

I'll wait til some of you guys receive your SB ID's before I make my own, just to make sure they look good laugh.gif

X2
post #89 of 8170
Quote:
Originally Posted by melofan15 View Post

I'll wait til some of you guys receive your SB ID's before I make my own, just to make sure they look good laugh.gif


Watch Nike pull them in a month or some ****

OG since '00. Instagram: r0csfinest
Reply
OG since '00. Instagram: r0csfinest
Reply
post #90 of 8170
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0cs finest View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by melofan15 View Post

I'll wait til some of you guys receive your SB ID's before I make my own, just to make sure they look good laugh.gif


Watch Nike pull them in a month or some ****
Yeah. Anyone know the timetable for the IXs when they removed certain colors, gum soles, etc.?
[dih-loo-zhuhn-al]
| gen-o-type | phe-no-type |
RETIRED
Reply
[dih-loo-zhuhn-al]
| gen-o-type | phe-no-type |
RETIRED
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Nike
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Kicks › Nike › OFFICIAL LEBRON X+ NIKE ID THREAD