NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › Who's buying NBA League Pass this year? All 30 teams or 5 teams?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Who's buying NBA League Pass this year? All 30 teams or 5 teams? - Page 2

post #31 of 125
is league pass available for PS3?
post #32 of 125
I've been getting LP the last couple years. Just saw the commercial yesterday, about to pick it up either today or tomorrow. I have Directv. Every game was in HD last year if i recall correctly..
post #33 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by humpasaurus rex View Post

Hey guys, I'm debating what package to buy:
$179 Mobile/Broadband/Cable All 30 Teams
$119 For 5 Teams
I live in South Florida so I get all the Heat games.
EDIT: Code is only for International League Pass, which is $220 sick.gif
I found a 15% off code, but I don't know where to input it.
NBAP15GTX354
LMK what you guys have picked based on previous experiences and what not.

I live in Canada and international legue pass for us costs $100. You could purchase it for $100 also if you change your proxy settings on your browser to a Canadian proxy (it's free and easy). Let me know if you need help setting it up. I use a German proxy so I can watch Raptor games which are blocked out in Canada.
Look ma, no hands!
Team Raw
TORONTO RAPTORS
Reply
Look ma, no hands!
Team Raw
TORONTO RAPTORS
Reply
post #34 of 125
Im about to try this NBA League Pass on the XBOX to make sure everything is in HD. If it is I have no problem dropping the dough. I couldnt bring myself to pay that much if it was just 1 game per night in HD. That SD life is a no go anymore.

If they are all in HD and they dont black out Knicks games (Im in CT, I still dont know why Comcast blocks them) then this will be my first year copping.
post #35 of 125
I don't think lakers games are going to show up on league pass. I could be wrong... but that new contract that they signed with Time Warner cable really limits the viewership on non-nationally televised games.
post #36 of 125
International league pass in Europe is $220.....for like 5% of the time where you get to watch games live.... sorry ill download the games for free if i want to watch them THE NEXT DAY!

Maybe if it were for $100 it would be worth it but ill prob just pay to view xmas day live games and maybe the all star weekend until the playoffs start.
post #37 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2theAblaM View Post

I don't think lakers games are going to show up on league pass. I could be wrong... but that new contract that they signed with Time Warner cable really limits the viewership on non-nationally televised games.

Lakers games will still be on NBA league pass unless you live in the LA or SoCal market. Norcal Lakers' fans are good to go. smokin.gif Lakers fans in SoCal markets have to have TWC or cable provider that has worked out a deal with TWC.
PSN - HuddieDaBabyBear

49ers // Lakers // A's // Sharks
Reply
PSN - HuddieDaBabyBear

49ers // Lakers // A's // Sharks
Reply
post #38 of 125
Laker games are not blacked out, I've watched all the Preseason games this year on league pass. They will be blacked out if they are locally televised in your area. If that's the case, you can use a proxy on your browser to an area they wouldn't be locally televised (i.e. Chicago).

Same goes for you Alleniversonfan. If you guys need help doing this, just let me know.
Look ma, no hands!
Team Raw
TORONTO RAPTORS
Reply
Look ma, no hands!
Team Raw
TORONTO RAPTORS
Reply
post #39 of 125
Any word on if there's more HD channels yet? i got it a few times but I'm done. Some games looked worse than an illegal stream.
post #40 of 125

Anybody know when the Xbox app will be available? Havent heard or seen anything

post #41 of 125
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker12 View Post

Anybody know when the Xbox app will be available? Havent heard or seen anything

Already is, I just got the update for the new Dashboard and search it in apps. It's smokin.gif

MeloFan, I'm going to need a Proxy 101 from you. glasses.gif
post #42 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01 View Post

Im about to try this NBA League Pass on the XBOX to make sure everything is in HD. If it is I have no problem dropping the dough. I couldnt bring myself to pay that much if it was just 1 game per night in HD. That SD life is a no go anymore.
If they are all in HD and they dont black out Knicks games (Im in CT, I still dont know why Comcast blocks them) then this will be my first year copping.

They may consider CT to be in the so-called New York "media market". After the Sonics left Seattle, the NBA decided Seattle was now part of the Portland market, so Blazers games are blacked out here lol.
post #43 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by humpasaurus rex View Post

Already is, I just got the update for the new Dashboard and search it in apps. It's smokin.gif
MeloFan, I'm going to need a Proxy 101 from you. glasses.gif

What browser do you use? If you use firefox here's what you do:

1) Go to www.hidemyass.com and click on IP: Port Proxies
2) Search for proxies in Germany or some other major European country and look through the list for proxies that have a good speed and good connection time
3) Copy the proxy and note the port number
2) Click on the firfox tab at the top of the browser and select options
3) Click on the advanced tab and select settings

It should show you this:



4) Select manual proxy configuration and paste the proxy in the HTTP Proxy box and the port number of that proxy in the Port box
5) Unlike the picture above, do not check the box that says Use this proxy for all protocols (if your games for some reason are still blacked out then check that box, but most likely you wont have that problem)
6) In the box that says No Proxy For, make sure you enter the following: localhost, 127.0.0.1,www.neulion.com,www.nba.tv,www.nba.com
(Neulion is the software that league pass uses to stream games, so you need to make sure you enter it in that box)
7) Click ok

Your gonna notice your internet is going a little slower but you have to bare with it until you sign in on league pass and select the game that was blacked out for you before. When you get to the league pass site, all the prices will be listed in Euros, which means the site traced your IP address as some country in Europe. Sign in and watch any game that was blacked out for you normally. After the stream initializes and the game starts up, go back to the firefox settings and erase the proxy number and port and select use system proxy settings but do not erase the box that says No Proxy For. (this will make your stream go according to your own internet speed. But make sure you don't switch between games, close that tab, or refresh the page because they check your IP when you sign in and when the game initializes. Basically you need to select the blacked out game when your proxy number and port is set to the European one).

If you guys use chrome, let me know and Ill show you the steps. Sorry for the long description, I wanted to be as detailed as possible so you guys can watch all your home teams. Shout out to the dudes on raptors realgm fourm who helped me discover this. Have fun.

Mods, if this is inappropriate let me know.
Edited by MeloManFan - 10/23/12 at 8:37pm
Look ma, no hands!
Team Raw
TORONTO RAPTORS
Reply
Look ma, no hands!
Team Raw
TORONTO RAPTORS
Reply
post #44 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by memphisboi55 View Post

I only buy it to watch my Bulls since I don't live in Chicago.

Really wish you could just purchase your fave teams games, I would be set.
Fixed it for me
post #45 of 125
I purchased the mobile version last year when the price dropped to $25. The clarity was so awesome that I knew it was a must have for seasons to come. Yesterday I copped the Mobile version again for $50. Hopefully it has the same picture quality as before. It used to be SO annoying when a game was blacked out b/c of NBA Tv which I don't have.

I've never heard of the xbox app that you all keep mentioning. I don't have an xbox so it doesn't matter.
post #46 of 125
I would but Blazer games are blacked out and I have Direct TV which doesn't show them either. I freaking hate Comcast and their monopoly on the games mean.gif
Detroit Lions
Portland Trail Blazers
Oregon State Beavers
Reply
Detroit Lions
Portland Trail Blazers
Oregon State Beavers
Reply
post #47 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by airblaster503 View Post

I would but Blazer games are blacked out and I have Direct TV which doesn't show them either. I freaking hate Comcast and their monopoly on the games mean.gif

There's a CSN channel for Oregon though. They show every Blazers game.
post #48 of 125

The Xbox app is going to have all games in HD? How much is Xbox Live Gold hittin' for these days? I need Gold in order to get league pass, right?

post #49 of 125
The IP thing is only going to work if you have the broadband pass. I dont think theres any way to get them to stop blacking out the games on my actual cable box. But if there is a way to spoof my IP on the XBOX someone is going to have to hook me up with that just incase they want to black out Knicks games still. But It looks like all games are in HD on the XBOX app so that is most likely a go this year. Plus while I was messing with it yesterday it looks like you can go side by side with 2 games. So thats a nice little feature too. This app might be the goods. Much better than the actually ordering it through Comcast from what I can see.
post #50 of 125
$119 for 5 teams?laugh.gif
post #51 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member 2323 View Post

The Xbox app is going to have all games in HD? How much is Xbox Live Gold hittin' for these days? I need Gold in order to get league pass, right?

I dont think you need gold. I'm going to end up buying it there so I'll let you know. Gold is $60 but from time to time they run a special for $35

San Antonio Spurs: MCMXCIX, MMIII, MMV, MMVII, MMXIV


I Never Cried When _____ Died, But I Definitely Will When Hov Does
Reply
San Antonio Spurs: MCMXCIX, MMIII, MMV, MMVII, MMXIV


I Never Cried When _____ Died, But I Definitely Will When Hov Does
Reply
post #52 of 125
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antidope View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Member 2323 View Post

The Xbox app is going to have all games in HD? How much is Xbox Live Gold hittin' for these days? I need Gold in order to get league pass, right?
I dont think you need gold. I'm going to end up buying it there so I'll let you know. Gold is $60 but from time to time they run a special for $35

I re-newed Gold for $45 last month from Amazon. Check there first. MeloFan15 thanks for the great info, I'll never miss another Heat came if I'm away from home. smokin.gif
post #53 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01 View Post

The IP thing is only going to work if you have the broadband pass. I dont think theres any way to get them to stop blacking out the games on my actual cable box. But if there is a way to spoof my IP on the XBOX someone is going to have to hook me up with that just incase they want to black out Knicks games still. But It looks like all games are in HD on the XBOX app so that is most likely a go this year. Plus while I was messing with it yesterday it looks like you can go side by side with 2 games. So thats a nice little feature too. This app might be the goods. Much better than the actually ordering it through Comcast from what I can see.
If you're able to watch games on your cable box then you have access to broadband also, which means you can watch on your computer and spoof your IP there.
speak softly and carry a big stick -Roosevelt || variety is the spice of life
Reply
speak softly and carry a big stick -Roosevelt || variety is the spice of life
Reply
post #54 of 125
Will I be able to stream to my PS3?
Team Mike Tyson
~"I've sacrificed so much of my life can I at least get laid?" ~
The baddest man on the planet AKA Iron Mike AKA Kid Dynamite
Reply
Team Mike Tyson
~"I've sacrificed so much of my life can I at least get laid?" ~
The baddest man on the planet AKA Iron Mike AKA Kid Dynamite
Reply
post #55 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ003 View Post

Will I be able to stream to my PS3?

Dont think so.
post #56 of 125

I had NBA League Pass last season. I had the pick 5 option and I gotta say though its nice... most of the games get blacked out! If a game is on a major tv network, it will be blacked out on league pass. If you look at the schedule for your team, I'm pretty sure most of the games your favorite team plays will be on a tv network in which case you'll be paying all that money to only catch a few games on league pass. Not worth it in my opinion and probably will just stream the games from atdhenet or something similar. 

post #57 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx View Post

$119 for 5 teams?laugh.gif

yup might aswell get the whole thing...

49.99 for the mobile one is the best deal imo although 179 for tv, broadband, and mobile is a good look
For Sale $20 winners circle card code from finishline. $10 paypal. pm me if interested
Reply
For Sale $20 winners circle card code from finishline. $10 paypal. pm me if interested
Reply
post #58 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyered View Post

I had NBA League Pass last season. I had the pick 5 option and I gotta say though its nice... most of the games get blacked out! If a game is on a major tv network, it will be blacked out on league pass. If you look at the schedule for your team, I'm pretty sure most of the games your favorite team plays will be on a tv network in which case you'll be paying all that money to only catch a few games on league pass. Not worth it in my opinion and probably will just stream the games from atdhenet or something similar. 

Then don’t pick five teams that are on national TV a lot lol. For example, including NBATV appearances, Miami, OKC, Lakers, Clippers are each on national TV 30+ times. Granted some of those are against each other, but the point is they are on TV so much that it’d be a waste to pick them as LP teams.

The point of LP (at least how I view it) is to watch young/exciting/up-and-coming teams that don’t get much national exposure. You’ll still get to watch them play against the elite teams.
post #59 of 125
If I do the broadband streaming will I be able to share the log-in info w/ someone else and will each of us be able to watch a different game (2 different teams from the 5 we choose)? I'm trying to split the cost w/ one of my boys. We are in different states if that matters.
Team Mike Tyson
~"I've sacrificed so much of my life can I at least get laid?" ~
The baddest man on the planet AKA Iron Mike AKA Kid Dynamite
Reply
Team Mike Tyson
~"I've sacrificed so much of my life can I at least get laid?" ~
The baddest man on the planet AKA Iron Mike AKA Kid Dynamite
Reply
post #60 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classy Freshman View Post

NBA League Pass Mobile is only 49.99. You could get that and then hook up your device up to any TV via HDMI and watch it that way, couldn't you?


does this really work? anyone doing this?
Kicks 4 Sale |Seattle Seahawks 2014 Super Bowl Champs |Seattle Sounders | Seattle Mariners |LA Lakers (Long live the Supersonics) | Instagram = rivasince86
Reply
Kicks 4 Sale |Seattle Seahawks 2014 Super Bowl Champs |Seattle Sounders | Seattle Mariners |LA Lakers (Long live the Supersonics) | Instagram = rivasince86
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › Who's buying NBA League Pass this year? All 30 teams or 5 teams?