Last night was the WWE TLC PPV. It was one of, if not the best, WWE PPV of the year. I know many will say Extreme Rules, but I hated that PPV because of the awful finish of the Lesnar/Cena match. With the exception of miz, last night's show was very entertaining from top to bottom. Here's my quick rundown.
- Naomi won the Santa's Helper #1 Contender Battle Royal on the Preshow by eliminating Kaitlyn with a dropkick after Eve distracted her. Less than 3500 people were watching the WWE Youtube channel for this.
- The Rhodes Scholars d Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara in a Tables Match to become the #1 Contenders for the Tag Team Titles. A fun opener. Sin Cara went for a springboard and Cody shoved him off the top rope backwards through a table on the outside in a really scary spot. Sin Cara seemed to be shook up from the bump. Things just aren't working out with him. It may be time to cut him loose.
- Antonio Cesaro d R-Truth to retain the US Title. What you would expect. Truth got in a few spots, but Cesaro went over strong in the end. After the match, he cut an anti-American promo.
- miz did a miztv segment with 3MB. 3MB ran down the Spanish announce team until Ricardo Rodriguez came out. 3MB got in his face until Alberto Del Rio made the save essentially turning him babyface. miz also joined in against 3MB. They set up a 6 man match for later in the night with the babyfaces picking a mystery partner. Crowd was dying for the woo woo guy, and miz lead them to believe it would be him.
- Kofi Kingston d Wade Barrett to retain the Intercontinental Title. Short but good match. Barrett was going for the Bull Hammer, but Kofi reversed into the Trouble in Paradise to get the win. Heels couldn't win every match, and Wade was the one to take the bullet.
- CM Punk cut a promo saying Ryback is lucky Punk's injured because Punk would have done a lot of damage in a TLC match. He said he would watch The Shield closely tonight but was not affiliated with them.
- The Shield d Team Hell No and Ryback in a TLC Match. Match of the Night. Great 23 minute match. The Shield were portrayed as stars and they delivered. The story of the match was The Shield would isolate a guy 1 on 3 and beat them down. Ryback was powerbombed through the announce table. Kane was speared through the dasher board and buried with debris. The Shield was attacking Ryback by the entrance. They laid him out on a table. Seth Rollins climbed a ladder as Ambrose and Reigns went back to the ring. Ryback woke up and chased Rollins up the ladder and tossed him off in a scary spot through a stack of tables. Back in the ring, Ambrose and Reigns gave Bryan a top rope powerbomb through a table to get the win before Ryback could make it back for the save. The Shield celebrated the win without being laid out by Ryback.
- Eve d Naomi to retain the Divas Title. Not much of a match. Naomi hit a few athletic spots but Eve got the win.
- AJ wanted to apologize to Cena in the back and say thank you to him. He said wait until after the match.
- miz, Alberto Del Rio, and THE BROOKLYN BRAWLER (no woo woo guy) d 3MB. For Del Rio's big face turn, he was completely overshadowed by The Brooklyn Brawler and the announcers telling jokes about him. Brawler got the win with an ugly Brooklyn (Boston) Crab.
- Dolph Ziggler d John Cena to retain the MITB Briefcase in a Ladder Match. Surprisingly, Dolph didn't kill himself in this match. Still a very good match. Cena climbed the ladder while Dolph had him in a sleeper hold, and then both fell off the ladder through a table. Dolph was on the outside injured. Cena was about to climb the ladder when Vickie came out with a steel chair to try and stop him. AJ ran in and did all of Cena's moveset including the 5 Knuckle Shuffle on Vickie. Cena set up the ladder as AJ skipped around him. Cena was climbing and AJ tipped over the ladder to a huge babyface pop (crowd was extremely anti-Cena). Ziggler superkicked Cena and then climbed the ladder to retrieve the briefcase and win the match.
A very strong show, and the crowd was really hot all night which added a lot.
Tonight kicks off WWE Week on the USA Network.
- Monday: 3 Hour Raw with The Slammy Awards
- Tuesday: 2 Hour Commercial Free Smackdown
- Wednesday: Tribute to the Troops
- Thursday: Big Show on Burn Notice
- Friday: CM Punk hosts The Game Plan (Rock movie)
A number of Slammy awards have already been given out on WWE.com:
Best Dancer - Brodus Clay
Best Social Media Ambassador - Charlie Sheen
WWE.com video of the Year - Jerry Lawler's comeback video
Best Chant - Feed Me More
Upset of the Year - Daniel Bryan beating Big Show and Mark Henry in a cage match at the Royal Rumble
Diva of the Year - A.J. Lee
Insult of the Year - A John Cena promo
Facial Hair of the Year - Daniel Bryan
Youtube show of the year - Zack Ryder
Tweet of the Year - Daniel Bryan
Feat of Strength of the Year - Sheamus doing the White Noise to Big Show
Double cross of the Year - Big Show turning on the fans knocking out John Cena in the Laurinaitis match
- Superstar of the Year
- Newcomer of the Year
- Trending Now Award – (Hashtag of the Year)
- Comeback of the Year
- Kiss of the Year
- "Tell me I did NOT just see that" – (The Most Shocking Moment of the Year)
- LOL Moment of the Year
- Match of the Year
Edited by 4wrestling - 12/18/12 at 8:34am