NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Kicks › Jordan Brand › JB release numbers now reflect the hype for the shoe/colorway...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JB release numbers now reflect the hype for the shoe/colorway... - Page 5

post #121 of 190
Thread Starter 
It's a done deal Bred 11's and Olive 9's will show up in select stores and online during all star weekend... Info on which stores or sites is unknown at this time..
post #122 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamuekcmo View Post

It's a done deal Bred 11's and Olive 9's will show up in select stores and online during all star weekend... Info on which stores or sites is unknown at this time..

Thanks for the info.... I will be getting Bred XIs by any means.... Wonderif XIIis will pop up too....
I rock kicks, you kick rocks.
Reply
I rock kicks, you kick rocks.
Reply
post #123 of 190
I am hoping this pans out
For Sale: DS SB Dunks 510 Sz 10.5
$150 (USD)
For Sale: VVNDS OG Bred XIII Sz 11
$300 (USD)
For Sale: Infrared Bo SC2's Sz 11
$125 (USD)
Reply
For Sale: DS SB Dunks 510 Sz 10.5
$150 (USD)
For Sale: VVNDS OG Bred XIII Sz 11
$300 (USD)
For Sale: Infrared Bo SC2's Sz 11
$125 (USD)
Reply
post #124 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamuekcmo View Post

It's a done deal Bred 11's and Olive 9's will show up in select stores and online during all star weekend... Info on which stores or sites is unknown at this time..
post #125 of 190
In the retail world, we call that replenishment.... Just sayin'...
Selling off my collection. All size 11-12. Bay Area heads only. Email me: deewlay@yahoo.com
Reply
Selling off my collection. All size 11-12. Bay Area heads only. Email me: deewlay@yahoo.com
Reply
post #126 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawk826 View Post

No its not.

Numbers > some half assed theory that's been toted for years now.

These restocks are RTVs from locations that didn't sell their stock not some magical second and third run.

Well...yes and no. This has been a work in progress. Product lines are planned 18 months in advance, everything that is done from a planning perspective is well thought out and usually there is a litmus test to see how it will work, then expand out. It's not just a random focus group that trolls NT, SC, blogs etc to gage hype.

I'm surprised no one has realized that this actually started back in '11. I know for a fact that FTL Inc held back thousands of pairs of WC3s on initial release to replenish to top sellers (which is actually quite common and not new). Months later though, around April, stores got restocks direct ship from Nike on the shoe. Anyone familiar with distribution models for inline retailers can attest that nothing usually comes direct ship; it almost always comes from the company's distribution center unless it's a QS.

In the fall of the same year was the Pure $/Anniversary restocks as well. Difference in this scenario was that the pairs went to different retailers the second go round. For example, The Pure Retro IV was originally a Champs release but when the summer/fall restock arrived Champs carried the Pure 3s.

As far as "don't trust those NA 3's...use common sense. Why would the shoe drop rebadged with NA on the heel but the sole still have "Jordan"? There are only two logical explanations; either the shoe will be re-re-re-re-retroed again with dual Nike treatment or that it is a rebadged '11 drop. At the end of the day, it's really not at all that important. If you really want them buy them, if not then don't. Price sensitivity will fall on deaf ears. Two years ago, Foam Pros were $190; at the end of '13 they will be $240. In the age we live in the shoes will be bought either way so you can't knock the hustle. Get down or lay down I suppose.
post #127 of 190
Thread Starter 

+ 1 rep ^^^^^^^^^^

post #128 of 190
D e - thanks for the info. I had a hunch that that the 88 3s were just rebadged 2011. But someone in the 88 thread got all upset. Oh well, clouded minds can't see clearly.
post #129 of 190
The production run dates on the 88's indicate this past fall (2012). It makes very little sense that they used shoes sitting for almost 2 years or more (original run on the 2011 cements was fall of 2010). The most obvious reason they released with a Jordan sole is that they have the mold for the 3 sole which has been used for a decade and it's already available and in factories that have produced 3's in the past. The new Joker and Crimson releases aren't using WC3 soles leftover either. Just use a little common sense. Nike wouldn't keep unlabeled heels in the 100's of thousands sitting around for 2 years to use for these. You'd have spoilage, dirt, other issues that affect quality (and in a much worse way than any quality issues we see today). So no, there is about a 0% chance the 2013 3's are actually leftover 2011's with a different branding slapped on the back heel.
For Sale: DS SB Dunks 510 Sz 10.5
$150 (USD)
For Sale: VVNDS OG Bred XIII Sz 11
$300 (USD)
For Sale: Infrared Bo SC2's Sz 11
$125 (USD)
Reply
For Sale: DS SB Dunks 510 Sz 10.5
$150 (USD)
For Sale: VVNDS OG Bred XIII Sz 11
$300 (USD)
For Sale: Infrared Bo SC2's Sz 11
$125 (USD)
Reply
post #130 of 190
Let me clarify, I don't definitely know the background of the production on these shoes. Most of my posts that deal with specifics are limited solely to what's on deck for Nike, Inc. in general. Are they new production? Sure, odds are slim that it'd be anything otherwise. But I wouldn't be shocked at all if it wasn't.

What I will say though is the $200 price point is yet another step in testing the elasticity of the pricing. I've hinted more than once but a $600 product is on deck for this year, all depends on the buying public if it will be a one-off or if it green lights other possibilities going forward.
post #131 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by d e beatup View Post

Let me clarify, I don't definitely know the background of the production on these shoes. Most of my posts that deal with specifics are limited solely to what's on deck for Nike, Inc. in general. Are they new production? Sure, odds are slim that it'd be anything otherwise. But I wouldn't be shocked at all if it wasn't.

What I will say though is the $200 price point is yet another step in testing the elasticity of the pricing. I've hinted more than once but a $600 product is on deck for this year, all depends on the buying public if it will be a one-off or if it green lights other possibilities going forward.

I'm curious what they possibly think they could sell for $600.  Unless it's a super limited run that includes TRUE OG quality/shape/branding etc.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trappedintime View Post

The production run dates on the 88's indicate this past fall (2012). It makes very little sense that they used shoes sitting for almost 2 years or more (original run on the 2011 cements was fall of 2010). The most obvious reason they released with a Jordan sole is that they have the mold for the 3 sole which has been used for a decade and it's already available and in factories that have produced 3's in the past. The new Joker and Crimson releases aren't using WC3 soles leftover either. Just use a little common sense. Nike wouldn't keep unlabeled heels in the 100's of thousands sitting around for 2 years to use for these. You'd have spoilage, dirt, other issues that affect quality (and in a much worse way than any quality issues we see today). So no, there is about a 0% chance the 2013 3's are actually leftover 2011's with a different branding slapped on the back heel.

I think you're right on point with that statement.  The molds are very expensive, and from a production standpoint a much bigger change compared to the heel plate.

post #132 of 190
Exactly, the branding that goes on the heel plate is not something you'd have to modify the molds to differentiate, it's just a matter of slapping a different piece of branding on it. The molds cost a LOT of money to create and then setup in a factory, and if you're Nike you aren't doing that for ONE shoe when you're going to keep rolling 3's off the line for years to come.
For Sale: DS SB Dunks 510 Sz 10.5
$150 (USD)
For Sale: VVNDS OG Bred XIII Sz 11
$300 (USD)
For Sale: Infrared Bo SC2's Sz 11
$125 (USD)
Reply
For Sale: DS SB Dunks 510 Sz 10.5
$150 (USD)
For Sale: VVNDS OG Bred XIII Sz 11
$300 (USD)
For Sale: Infrared Bo SC2's Sz 11
$125 (USD)
Reply
post #133 of 190
Don't companies keep stock for new stores as well?

I remember going to a HOH opening this past summer when the military 4s dropped. The store had a lot of recent release like South Beach Lebron 9s, Cav 4s, Cool Gray 12s, Aunt Pearl KDs.

And at the summer a lot of HOHs ended up restocking on jordans as well like the Olympic 6s.

Thats why I'm usually amped if a new HOH or Footlocker opens up because they tend to have a full size run of some recent releases that where allocated to them.
post #134 of 190
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trappedintime View Post

The production run dates on the 88's indicate this past fall (2012). It makes very little sense that they used shoes sitting for almost 2 years or more (original run on the 2011 cements was fall of 2010). The most obvious reason they released with a Jordan sole is that they have the mold for the 3 sole which has been used for a decade and it's already available and in factories that have produced 3's in the past. The new Joker and Crimson releases aren't using WC3 soles leftover either. Just use a little common sense. Nike wouldn't keep unlabeled heels in the 100's of thousands sitting around for 2 years to use for these. You'd have spoilage, dirt, other issues that affect quality (and in a much worse way than any quality issues we see today). So no, there is about a 0% chance the 2013 3's are actually leftover 2011's with a different branding slapped on the back heel.

Most people don't know but the production run dates are one of the last things to be added to a shoe... As a former Nike, Ink employee I can verify that I have seen a few shoes that were half way made and then put up for up to five months before they finish them and add production tags... So if a shoe had a production date of DEC/2012, I was probably started in the summer of 2012... And the tags are nothing but a computer print out, which means the dates can be changed as easy as me typing on here.... I wouldn't say they are the same 3's, but according to my JB source something isn't right about them, maybe they have some of the parts of the old 3's, who knows.. Here is an example, back when the 2nd altitudes dropped, the real shoe that was due to drop was this years Squadron Blue 13's, but they changed in mid production and dropped altitudes again, my source has had a pair ever since, now they drop this year, and I bet production dates will be late 2012.. but I know for a fact a few thousand squadron blues were made....

post #135 of 190
^^ thank you. A production tag is just that, a tag. Another point of mine that someone validated. Your squadron blue example is a perfect one.
post #136 of 190
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhInoSpOrt View Post

^^ thank you. A production tag is just that, a tag. Another point of mine that someone validated. Your squadron blue example is a perfect one.

another thing to think about is the tens of thousands of pairs of photo blue 9's that were messed up..... What do you guys think happend to them, they were never sold, and you better believe JB didnt just throw them in the trash....

post #137 of 190

Is this why one of my local shops here in Toronto say they will be getting the cement 3's again?

post #138 of 190
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by infrared90 View Post

Is this why one of my local shops here in Toronto say they will be getting the cement 3's again?

They are coming out again, but with Nike Air on them.. Here is the thread...

http://niketalk.com/t/518574/official-air-jordan-3-white-cement-88-retro-retail-200

post #139 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamuekcmo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhInoSpOrt View Post

^^ thank you. A production tag is just that, a tag. Another point of mine that someone validated. Your squadron blue example is a perfect one.

another thing to think about is the tens of thousands of pairs of photo blue 9's that were messed up..... What do you guys think happend to them, they were never sold, and you better believe JB didnt just throw them in the trash

Some ended up in outlets

post #140 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamuekcmo View Post

They are coming out again, but with Nike Air on them.. Here is the thread...
http://niketalk.com/t/518574/official-air-jordan-3-white-cement-88-retro-retail-200

Should have been more clear. The store said they will be releasing in march the black/cement 3 with the air Jordan logo no nike air. He said it was a restock.

My words were to vague and cement iii are the white ones sorry. Lol.
post #141 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by infrared90 View Post

Should have been more clear. The store said they will be releasing in march the black/cement 3 with the air Jordan logo no nike air. He said it was a restock.

My words were to vague and cement iii are the white ones sorry. Lol.

The thread about this release explains what it's all about. Just a store that has held onto some pairs of BC3's, Concords, and I think 2 other shoes to have one of those attention grabbing sales of 10 pairs for that small location. That sale/stock is not what is being discussed in here though. Similar to Moe's, but much smaller scale and less shoes and models.
post #142 of 190

Makes sense based on all this BS with the Retro 3 '88s...and explains the release dates changing left and right...gotta love JB

"Broken promises, steal your watch and tell you what time it is, take your J's and tell you to kick it where a footlocker is"-Jay Rock

 

WTB: DS Black Cement III sz 11, DS Bred IV Size 11

Reply

"Broken promises, steal your watch and tell you what time it is, take your J's and tell you to kick it where a footlocker is"-Jay Rock

 

WTB: DS Black Cement III sz 11, DS Bred IV Size 11

Reply
post #143 of 190
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by infrared90 View Post


Should have been more clear. The store said they will be releasing in march the black/cement 3 with the air Jordan logo no nike air. He said it was a restock.

My words were to vague and cement iii are the white ones sorry. Lol.

oh, my badd..

post #144 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiffers77 View Post

Some ended up in outlets


Should have released these mean.gif
post #145 of 190
Thread Starter 

Now they are doing restocks of bred 13's and a few other kicks on super bowl Sunday....

post #146 of 190

Can't get over the knowledge dropped on this last page about the 88's when I see the thirst going on in the '88 Thread.

 

At the end of the day do what you want with your money....just don't be shocked if any of this turns out to be true about them being repackaged.

post #147 of 190
Everything this man said is seeming real legit right now.
I rock kicks, you kick rocks.
Reply
I rock kicks, you kick rocks.
Reply
post #148 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameReady View Post

Can't get over the knowledge dropped on this last page about the 88's when I see the thirst going on in the '88 Thread.

At the end of the day do what you want with your money....just don't be shocked if any of this turns out to be true about them being repackaged.

This...

Repackage and re-brand some old stock III's...Tell everybody they are limited ~Again...they just left overs the 2011 release~...Charge $200 for them and watch the money fall out of peoples pockets...

Somebody over there actually pitched the idea to "higher ups" that they should hold over some of the III's stock, sit on them for a couple years, slap a Nike Air patch on them at what seems like a very minimal cost, and resell them at a higher price...Essentially Nike has become the largest scale reseller of their own product...

If you can't beat them join them as the old saying goes...

All this revolving around a clearly inferior product...mean.gif

Meanwhile you have brands like Reebok who put out a high quality retro that's on par with the original models at a cost that is very, very close to the original retail price on the shoes...Yet we keep getting fed this quality at cost can't be done BS...
Bone...Crushin'...Smooth...Kicks...Blades...Choppin'...Through...Bricks...Master of the weaponry sells to both cliques...Blacksmith, with the IRON FISTS...
Reply
Bone...Crushin'...Smooth...Kicks...Blades...Choppin'...Through...Bricks...Master of the weaponry sells to both cliques...Blacksmith, with the IRON FISTS...
Reply
post #149 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegetaray123 View Post

This...

Repackage and re-brand some old stock III's...Tell everybody they are limited ~Again...they just left overs the 2011 release~...Charge $200 for them and watch the money fall out of peoples pockets...

Somebody over there actually pitched the idea to "higher ups" that they should hold over some of the III's stock, sit on them for a couple years, slap a Nike Air patch on them at what seems like a very minimal cost, and resell them at a higher price...Essentially Nike has become the largest scale reseller of their own product...

If you can't beat them join them as the old saying goes...

All this revolving around a clearly inferior product...mean.gif

Meanwhile you have brands like Reebok who put out a high quality retro that's on par with the original models at a cost that is very, very close to the original retail price on the shoes...Yet we keep getting fed this quality at cost can't be done BS...

Yeah I seen one of the Retros or w/e of the Iverson Answers... and the tumbled leather on that was sooo soft... lol. Or maybe I'm trippin'
post #150 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewsone View Post

Yeah I seen one of the Retros or w/e of the Iverson Answers... and the tumbled leather on that was sooo soft... lol. Or maybe I'm trippin'

Yeah same here, the quality on all the AI retros have been on point. Atleast imo..
**FS** DS Nike KD 6 "What The" Sz 9.5
Reply
**FS** DS Nike KD 6 "What The" Sz 9.5
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Jordan Brand
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Kicks › Jordan Brand › JB release numbers now reflect the hype for the shoe/colorway...