NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Music › Let's face it, Jay-Z is the bar in which we compare rappers to because he is the best. PERIOD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Let's face it, Jay-Z is the bar in which we compare rappers to because he is the best. PERIOD

post #1 of 417
Thread Starter 
That is All.
GO COWBOYS
"I would not drop that kind of money for that garbage piece. I only buy pieces that means something to me, like the Jesus pieces, being an Atheist and all."
Reply
GO COWBOYS
"I would not drop that kind of money for that garbage piece. I only buy pieces that means something to me, like the Jesus pieces, being an Atheist and all."
Reply
post #2 of 417
Absolutely correct
San Antonio Spurs All Day


What Would Hova Do?
Reply
San Antonio Spurs All Day


What Would Hova Do?
Reply
post #3 of 417
Great rapper but hasn't made an album that lyrically separates him from anyone else since 97. ALBUM, not song. He's got plenty of lyrical songs but his albums are always commercial.
For Sale: Nike Blazer Hi Premium 12 Glow in the Dark
$70 (USD) or best offer
  
Reply
For Sale: Nike Blazer Hi Premium 12 Glow in the Dark
$70 (USD) or best offer
  
Reply
post #4 of 417
A lot of people, many of you on here included, consider him to be the best because of his status, the money, the girl, and the limelight.

Hate to break it to you, and antidope, he isn't the best rapper... in my opinion of course.

Like I listen to his guest verses that he drops lately and it's so wack bruh but everyone eats it up because it's Jay mean.gif

That's when you know someone isn't as great as they are made out to be when their mediocre crap gets hailed as best thing because it's being based off of their status and fanbase.
post #5 of 417

Negative. Haven't paid him any mind since 2002

post #6 of 417
Jay is the GOAT
post #7 of 417

Fab is the most consistent.

post #8 of 417
I'm a Jay fan but I also know that he's overrated as hell.

He's no where close to the best/most talented MC/rapper ever.....lyrically or song wise.

He's had the Greatest Career of All Time, no question.....but MC's like Nas, Pun and Em rap circles around him, post RD
"We're not in the '80s. We're not in the '90s anymore. You have to govern yourself accordingly." - Lawrence Taylor
Reply
"We're not in the '80s. We're not in the '90s anymore. You have to govern yourself accordingly." - Lawrence Taylor
Reply
post #9 of 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballerific703 View Post

Great rapper but hasn't made an album that lyrically separates him from anyone else since 97. ALBUM, not song. He's got plenty of lyrical songs but his albums are always commercial.

Ya'll just be out here saying the most outlandish isht lol. No wonder I come in here less and less.

post #10 of 417
Not surprised at who made this thread.

Fallacies upon fallacies.

Might as well rename it Jay-Z Stan Convention. I mean really man were your jimmies that rustled by that SDE thread? laugh.gif
post #11 of 417
Jay-z has YET to make a album better then it was written or illmatic, hell Lost tapes is better then 99% of hova's discography and those were discarded Tracks

from da butchered I am... second disc.

his classic reasonable doubt is a canal street bootleg of only built for cuban linx, from da concept to da raps.

try again OP.

https://twitter.com/Ninjahood

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply

https://twitter.com/Ninjahood

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply
post #12 of 417

In terms of success, substance, best catalog,  impact, longevity, and ability? Yes. He's the perfect rapper in that sense.

 

You couldn't say someone like Nas because he hasn't had the success of a Jay Z. I like Nas tho. Him and Jay are definitely the two greatest to ever do it.

 

Can't really say Em because . . . let's face it Em is a cornball, never could really rock with him. Definitely probably the most successful rapper in terms of straight up numbers.

 

But if you disagree . . . If not Jay, who?


Edited by Meek Meals - 2/2/13 at 8:49pm
post #13 of 417
These Jay-Z stan threads are getting outta control
Nets/Jets/Yankees
team national truckers
Reply
Nets/Jets/Yankees
team national truckers
Reply
post #14 of 417
Blatant hating going on in both directions on the music forum today laugh.gif
post #15 of 417
Nah.
post #16 of 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild9 View Post

I'm a Jay fan but I also know that he's overrated as hell.

He's no where close to the best/most talented MC/rapper ever.....lyrically or song wise.

He's had the Greatest Career of All Time, no question.....but MC's like Nas, Pun and Em rap circles around him, post RD


Co-MF sign
post #17 of 417
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBuddha Blessx View Post

Not surprised at who made this thread.

Fallacies upon fallacies.

Might as well rename it Jay-Z Stan Convention. I mean really man were your jimmies that rustled by that SDE thread? laugh.gif

and you are?
GO COWBOYS
"I would not drop that kind of money for that garbage piece. I only buy pieces that means something to me, like the Jesus pieces, being an Atheist and all."
Reply
GO COWBOYS
"I would not drop that kind of money for that garbage piece. I only buy pieces that means something to me, like the Jesus pieces, being an Atheist and all."
Reply
post #18 of 417
No way mean.gif
post #19 of 417
Lyrically?

Eminem
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
Reply
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
Reply
post #20 of 417
I can get down with this.
UConn Huskies - New York Yankees - New York Giants - Manchester United
Reply
UConn Huskies - New York Yankees - New York Giants - Manchester United
Reply
post #21 of 417
Great post OP. I agree with this. Repped.

The Jay hate on this forum has reached unprecedented levels.
post #22 of 417
no, just no.
post #23 of 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyzthoro View Post

Fab is the most consistent.

Get out.
post #24 of 417
Jay Z is NOT the bar. He is the pinnacle. The bar means standard. Pinnacle is the top/best.
I disagree tho. He is the pinnacle of "success" : respected among peers (other rappers) and globally,
Successful wife and kid, wealthy, and accomplished. Hes not the best rapper tho. Ide say Em.
He bodied Biggie, Jay, Wayne, and everyone else he ever rhymed wit. The QUALITY of his
Discography is comparable, has more mainstream successs, and damn near deemed untouchable
by his peers( norapper in their right mind wanted war wit him. He only.beefed wit weirdos)
post #25 of 417
Rakim set the standard.

laugh.gif at OP starting a JayZ circle jerk thread for no reason.....
post #26 of 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild9 View Post

I'm a Jay fan but I also know that he's overrated as hell.

He's no where close to the best/most talented MC/rapper ever.....lyrically or song wise.

He's had the Greatest Career of All Time, no question.....but MC's like Nas, Pun and Em rap circles around him, post RD

Never seen so much truth spoken in one post! nthat.gif
post #27 of 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putting In Work View Post

A lot of people, many of you on here included, consider him to be the best because of his status, the money, the girl, and the limelight.

Hate to break it to you, and antidope, he isn't the best rapper... in my opinion of course.

Like I listen to his guest verses that he drops lately and it's so wack bruh but everyone eats it up because it's Jay mean.gif

That's when you know someone isn't as great as they are made out to be when their mediocre crap gets hailed as best thing because it's being based off of their status and fanbase.

Couldnt agree more. Hit the nail on the head with this post.

Jay to me has gotten lazy the past couple years. He knows that no matter what he does people are gonna eat it up so the effort isnt really there anymore. Kanye's beats are what carries most of his songs.

Now if you ask me who is a Better rapper to me is Nas or Eminem.
post #28 of 417

Music is subjective but one thing Hov makes sure he does is cover all bases and gives just enough polictics,emotion, and personal story to feel authentic. 

 

Not sure how people don't consider him one of the best if not thee best lyricist tho.  Hov has bars for days while having flow and some content within his rhymes.

 

He's #1 to me. While he can't/won't do a Tupac or Nas type song.  They can't do what he does either

post #29 of 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meek Meals View Post

In terms of success, substance, best catalog,  impact, longevity, and ability? Yes. He's the perfect rapper in that sense.
You couldn't say someone like Nas because he hasn't had the success of a Jay Z. I like Nas tho. Him and Jay are definitely the two greatest to ever do it.
Can't really say Em because . . . let's face it Em is a cornball, never could really rock with him. Definitely probably the most successful rapper in terms of straight up numbers.
But if you disagree . . . If not Jay, who?

Agreed.
post #30 of 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahood View Post

His classic Reasonable Doubt is a canal street bootleg of Only Built For Cuban Linx from da concept to da raps.

That's one hell of a statement.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree... i'm not saying you're right or wrong... i'm just saying that's one hell of a statement.

"Rakim set the standard"

Indeed.

Even if these new kids don't mention him by name you can bet your bottom dollar that they were influenced by someone... who was DIRECTLY influenced by Rakim (Jay,Nas etc).

laugh.gif You just can't avoid the God.
"Ruxxx"/"RUX"
AKA
"Eddy T Ruxpin"
AKA
"Square 1ne"


"War only makes money for those who think dummy"
Reply
"Ruxxx"/"RUX"
AKA
"Eddy T Ruxpin"
AKA
"Square 1ne"


"War only makes money for those who think dummy"
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Music › Let's face it, Jay-Z is the bar in which we compare rappers to because he is the best. PERIOD