Ok my question is mainly for football fans because this where I see this behavior mostly. Why the hell are some of you so emotionally invested in these teams? I just don't get it. I understand being a fan or following a team and rooting for them to win. Thats normal behavior. But all of Americans are showing similar behaviors to gang members over football.
- First day at new job they ask you "who's your team". Instant acceptance or beef depending on your answer.
- Wear the team colors/merchandise religiously
- Have bumper stickers, custom plates, flags on cars, memorabilia in the house
- Raise their kids to love a team and literally hate another team or teams
- Adults crying, fighting, breaking things, killing others over a game
- Getting tattoos
Thats not normal behavior to me especially if you or nobody you know works, plays, or is affiliated with that team then why do you care so much? If you didn't even go to that college why are so diehard? I just don't understand where these emotions come from. I'm tired of hearing and seeing grown adults act like children and fools in public.
You didn't do 2-day practices, you didn't run suicides, you didn't lift all off season, you didn't break down film, you didn't scout draft picks, you didn't make trades. If you team doesn't win then act like you got some sense and actually have bigger things to worry about. Why are you throwing remotes? Why are you tearing up? Why are you screaming at your wife? Why are about to throw hands with your neighbor? Really?
Even worse are the internet thugs. Dudes that rep their team to the max and get super defensive. Type of guys that actually value their own self worth on the record of "their" team. Its sad.
I'm not saying you can't be a fan but don't be The Fan.....