NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › The Official PlayStation Thread | PRO4, PS4, PSVR, PS3 and VITA | PS4 Update 4.01 Incoming
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official PlayStation Thread | PRO4, PS4, PSVR, PS3 and VITA | PS4 Update 4.01 Incoming - Page 50

post #1471 of 70869
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPairs View Post

Watching videos of these ps4 games I better upgrade my 720p 60hz lcd to a 1080p 120hz led before launch

This.

Which one do you guys reccomend?

My priorites are reliability and value.

I will probably buy a warranty as well.

As of now, I'm looking at vizio.

post #1472 of 70869
Quote:
Originally Posted by iYen View Post

This.

Which one do you guys reccomend?

My priorites are reliability and value.

I will probably buy a warranty as well.

As of now, I'm looking at vizio.

 

I have a 40" 1080p 120hz Toshiba LED that I'm very happy with. Picked it up this time last year for 6 at Best Buy. Still would have preferred to have spent a stack on its Samsung counterpart though. laugh.gif

post #1473 of 70869
I need a new TV also are 1080p and 120 hz the most important?

Lakers Raiders Dodgers Chelsea 

Twitter

Reply

Lakers Raiders Dodgers Chelsea 

Twitter

Reply
post #1474 of 70869
Sony Computer Entertainment head of Worldwide Studios Shuhei Yoshida is a big Oculus Rift fan, it turns out. "We've got a couple of the development kits, and I tried it out and I love it," he told us in an interview this morning at E3 2013. Whether the PlayStation 4 will support it is another question. "No, it doesn't," Yoshida told us. Not yet, that is.

When we asked whether the company's planning on offering support in the future, he only offered a "No comment" with a big smile. The picture of the retail Oculus Rift is potentially a bit clearer now, especially given this week's addition of an HD version of the headset. We'll be sure to keep on Sony about Oculus support on the PlayStation 4 as the year goes on.
post #1475 of 70869
I think you only need a 60hz TV since ps4 won't display more than 60 frames per second. Any smoothness is just from repeating the existing frames.
post #1476 of 70869
Quote:
Originally Posted by sole vintage View Post

how the hell does this work?. I tried watching the music unlimited video with LL cool J and it doesnt give me anything.

You have to go to the quest booth. It's right by the infamous booth
post #1477 of 70869
Quote:
Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst View Post

Cant wait for Killzone.

Hopefully we have the 6 from the PS3 thread that actually stuck with the game. laugh.gif

I hope the Multiplayer gameplay is more like Killzone 2 then 3. To this day, I still find myself playing Killzone 2 regularly.

post #1478 of 70869
How active are kz2 servers nowadays?

One nation, under Cuz, indivisible, with Boogieness and technicals for all.

psn: VINAKT
Reply

One nation, under Cuz, indivisible, with Boogieness and technicals for all.

psn: VINAKT
Reply
post #1479 of 70869

I can't even tell the difference between things in 720p and 1080p.

I'm about to watch a 1080p gamevid of titanfall on a 1080p tv and compare it to my 720p tv.

post #1480 of 70869
Quote:
Originally Posted by swendro88 View Post

I think you only need a 60hz TV since ps4 won't display more than 60 frames per second. Any smoothness is just from repeating the existing frames.

What's the difference between 60hz and 120hz?

What do hz do to picture quality?

post #1481 of 70869
Quote:
Originally Posted by iYen View Post

I can't even tell the difference between things in 720p and 1080p.

I'm about to watch a 1080p gamevid of titanfall on a 1080p tv and compare it to my 720p tv.

Okay nevermind, I can tell a diff. between 1080p vs. 720p.

The game was a lot more smoother and detailed on the 1080p tv.

Whereas the 720p seemed scaled down and not as clear.

The picture on the 720p tv is still good.

Now that I've compared the picture qualities, I don't really feel the need to shell out for a better tv.

Maybe a black friday tv deal.

post #1482 of 70869
Got mine reserved along with Killzone and 2k14.
Be humble in life beloved. Money, Shoes, Cars, Homes, Tags nor Titles should be reason to boast or think more of yourself than you should. All of these things are perishable.
Reply
Be humble in life beloved. Money, Shoes, Cars, Homes, Tags nor Titles should be reason to boast or think more of yourself than you should. All of these things are perishable.
Reply
post #1483 of 70869
A rule of thumb, for me anyway, was if a tv is 32 inches or lower, 720p is fine. Anything larger 1080 is a must.

I have had Samsung and Sharp, both 32inch, both performed great.

Next tv will be a 47 or 50 inch Samsung 240hz
| THE | KLIQ |
PSN: o_BAD_RELIGION_o
Reply
| THE | KLIQ |
PSN: o_BAD_RELIGION_o
Reply
post #1484 of 70869

suprised to see people talking about reserving games here and in the e3 thread

 

i think empire even made a post concerned about it laugh.gif

 

im downloading all that **** grin.gif

post #1485 of 70869
Quote:
Originally Posted by iYen View Post

Okay nevermind, I can tell a diff. between 1080p vs. 720p.
The game was a lot more smoother and detailed on the 1080p tv.
Whereas the 720p seemed scaled down and not as clear.
The picture on the 720p tv is still good.
Now that I've compared the picture qualities, I don't really feel the need to shell out for a better tv.
Maybe a black friday tv deal.

Homie you gotta see FInal Fantasy on 240... My Gawd!!! pimp.gifpimp.gifpimp.gif
post #1486 of 70869

Are there anymore "Day One" Pre-orders out there?

"Just play. Have Fun. Enjoy the Game." - MJ

PSN: Str8cash24

Reply

"Just play. Have Fun. Enjoy the Game." - MJ

PSN: Str8cash24

Reply
post #1487 of 70869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavert24 View Post

Are there anymore "Day One" Pre-orders out there?

 

might wanna try your local stores

 

asked the dude at best buy if he could tell me how many people already preordered, stonewalled tired.gif

post #1488 of 70869
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector View Post

might wanna try your local stores

 

asked the dude at best buy if he could tell me how many people already preordered, stonewalled tired.gif

Haha I bet was gonna go to Gamestop but decided to roll with Amazon but the "day-ones" are gone...Guess Ill try again preciate it.

"Just play. Have Fun. Enjoy the Game." - MJ

PSN: Str8cash24

Reply

"Just play. Have Fun. Enjoy the Game." - MJ

PSN: Str8cash24

Reply
post #1489 of 70869
Thread Starter 
Was this posted?

w6ft5Qp.png

PS3XboxOneDimensions.png~original

nthat.gif
[ THE KLIQ ]
PSN: Raadius | Twitter: @Achilies_ | Instagram: Raadius
Reply
[ THE KLIQ ]
PSN: Raadius | Twitter: @Achilies_ | Instagram: Raadius
Reply
post #1490 of 70869
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartBoost View Post

Was this posted?

w6ft5Qp.png

PS3XboxOneDimensions.png~original

nthat.gif

Smaller, more powerful, lower price, listened to consumer demands? Yeah " This is nice. Real Nice" *Bernie Mac voice*

post #1491 of 70869
I need a new tv too, rocking a 720p Panasonic 52" LCD from 2007. Its time I think since it only has ONE hdmi port...lol.
post #1492 of 70869
We should have a best tv deal with the PS4 thread, or just give me some deals ya see floating around on the net.
post #1493 of 70869
Quote:
Originally Posted by h3bto View Post

I need a new tv too, rocking a 720p Panasonic 52" LCD from 2007. Its time I think since it only has ONE hdmi port...lol.

Those new panasonics are really nice, and supposedly some of the best tvs on the market. I'm usually a samsung guy but I'm in the market for a new tv myself and those panasonic plasmas are looking great.

post #1494 of 70869
what's better, playstation plus membership or playstation network card?

Lakers tho...

Reply

Lakers tho...

Reply
post #1495 of 70869
Let me ask you guys something.


FPS's are huge and all but I can't play longer than 10 minutes because I get migraines. I don't know why, I'm fine with everything else. Is there anything I can do about this? I would love to play COD: Ghosts, Killzone: SF, BF4 but this **** is frustrating. I don't want to pop an asprin every 10 minutes because I don't want to destroy my liver, I like living.
Hip Hop is dead. There is no "savior".
Reply
Hip Hop is dead. There is no "savior".
Reply
post #1496 of 70869
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks View Post

Let me ask you guys something.


FPS's are huge and all but I can't play longer than 10 minutes because I get migraines. I don't know why, I'm fine with everything else. Is there anything I can do about this? I would love to play COD: Ghosts, Killzone: SF, BF4 but this **** is frustrating. I don't want to pop an asprin every 10 minutes because I don't want to destroy my liver, I like living.
I get headaches too I can say that on better hi def tv's it deminishes but I still get a lil dizzy/sick. Playing further away from the tv helps
post #1497 of 70869
I
Quote:
Originally Posted by thealumnus View Post

Those new panasonics are really nice, and supposedly some of the best tvs on the market. I'm usually a samsung guy but I'm in the market for a new tv myself and those panasonic plasmas are looking great.
I have a Panasonic 55 inch Viera LED 240hz 1080p that I bought for Xmas 2012. While the picture quality is superb and top notch, the input lag is horrible. Button response is delayed 1 sec or so, plasma is the way to go for TVs if u plan to game on them.
post #1498 of 70869
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYFIEND View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by iYen View Post

Okay nevermind, I can tell a diff. between 1080p vs. 720p.
The game was a lot more smoother and detailed on the 1080p tv.
Whereas the 720p seemed scaled down and not as clear.
The picture on the 720p tv is still good.
Now that I've compared the picture qualities, I don't really feel the need to shell out for a better tv.
Maybe a black friday tv deal.

Homie you gotta see FInal Fantasy on 240... My Gawd!!! pimp.gifpimp.gifpimp.gif

The new one?

You mean 240hz right?

IDK what hz do to a picture quality.

What does it do?

post #1499 of 70869
Hertz is the refresh rate of a tv.

Higher the hertz, the less motion blur.

The first time I saw 240 hertz it looked too real, if that makes sense. I watched Thor on blu-ray with 240 hertz and it looked weird. Not bad, but almost too clear.
| THE | KLIQ |
PSN: o_BAD_RELIGION_o
Reply
| THE | KLIQ |
PSN: o_BAD_RELIGION_o
Reply
post #1500 of 70869
Quote:
Originally Posted by nawghtyhare View Post

I get headaches too I can say that on better hi def tv's it deminishes but I still get a lil dizzy/sick. Playing further away from the tv helps


I'll try that tomorrow with COD: BO II & KZ 2.



If anything, i'll look into seeing an eye doctor or something. Maybe i just need glasses.
Hip Hop is dead. There is no "savior".
Reply
Hip Hop is dead. There is no "savior".
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › The Official PlayStation Thread | PRO4, PS4, PSVR, PS3 and VITA | PS4 Update 4.01 Incoming